Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH 08:12 - Sep 25 with 6739 views34dfgdf54

Any news on a new contract for him? I believe he's allowed to speak to clubs in January?

Alot predicted on here he would end up being in the team of the year for the Championship come the end of the season, they won't be far wrong. Quality player and you can't underestimate what he's doing to help Rodon along either.

Top class defender.
VDH on 16:25 - Sep 26 with 897 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 16:16 - Sep 26 by Ace_Jack

Every fan knows the owners and sellouts have a plan. Everyone can see that plan and everyone should hate that plan. That’s because the plan is to squeeze every penny out of our football club to make themselves independently wealthy off the back of our club.

They’ve sold our best players and not reinvested from day one. Theyve stripped the squad and replaced them with youngsters.The next stage will be when they sell Olly, Carrol, Rodon and anyone else worth a bit of money. What will the excuse be then? That we can’t afford our youngsters? What other relegated clubs have had their squad decimated like ours, only to be replaced with youngsters? Not stoke or West Brom, so much for the next level investment.

Petty came to Swansea to make money off the club and the Yanks came to Swansea to make money off the club. Both showed a total disregard for the fans and the future prospects of our football club. The only difference this time is the enablers have stayed around because their hands are physically stuck in the till.

God knows where we end up but in 10 years time, but your posts and attitude won’t be forgotten in a hurry.

Just about sums it up.

The next line will be how Huw has his hands tied and the yanks are over riding his decisions, this is no doubt true to a degree but yet the greedy fooke isnt quite hurt enough to r esign his 500 k a year plus perks job is he ?

Every step of their ownership has been a lie and a cashing in of talent replaced with inferior product, every fooking step !!

If people can't see that they're either blind or plain stupid.
VDH on 16:32 - Sep 26 with 888 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 16:16 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

Yes indeed, and no doubt that was a plan to a certain degree, truth is you never know how players will cope and you never know if after the first few games the enthusiasm wears off and they start to struggle, it's a huge gamble that's why 90% of the teams in this league don't play 4/5 young players from their u 23's week in week out.

2 senior centre halves minimum in this robust league is almost a given, but throwing in unproven players as your main plan is reckless, the fact potter has got a tune out of them is almost irrelevant, and I'd like to see how every other team started the season in the make or break positions of defender and attacker to back up my point.

While some of the boys were great against palace I remember Kerry Morgan being great against Bristol city a few years back, doesn't mean much unless proven over time, we've yet to know what will happen, luckily for us some of those boys look the business .

You think we're going down, then? "2 senior centre halves minimum" we haven't got that, have we.

I do hope our talented young players don't come on here and read this sht. Luckily people at the club have more of a clue what they offer.
VDH on 16:45 - Sep 26 with 868 viewsswan65split

VDH on 15:06 - Sep 26 by _

You're just a bit weird mate.

Wouldn't argue with that as I have a Max Boyce, but just camouflage the obvious wont you!

Also kettle black comes to mind.
VDH (n/t) on 16:45 - Sep 26 with 864 viewsswan65split

Every fan knows the owners and sellouts have a plan. Everyone can see that plan and everyone should hate that plan. That’s because the plan is to squeeze every penny out of our football club to make themselves independently wealthy off the back of our club.

They’ve sold our best players and not reinvested from day one. Theyve stripped the squad and replaced them with youngsters.The next stage will be when they sell Olly, Carrol, Rodon and anyone else worth a bit of money. What will the excuse be then? That we can’t afford our youngsters? What other relegated clubs have had their squad decimated like ours, only to be replaced with youngsters? Not stoke or West Brom, so much for the next level investment.

Petty came to Swansea to make money off the club and the Yanks came to Swansea to make money off the club. Both showed a total disregard for the fans and the future prospects of our football club. The only difference this time is the enablers have stayed around because their hands are physically stuck in the till.

God knows where we end up but in 10 years time, but your posts and attitude won’t be forgotten in a hurry.

VDH on 18:36 - Sep 26 with 807 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 16:32 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

You think we're going down, then? "2 senior centre halves minimum" we haven't got that, have we.

I do hope our talented young players don't come on here and read this sht. Luckily people at the club have more of a clue what they offer.

Why do you think that, talk about twisting words !

So you clearly think having 1 senior centre half and 1 fit striker is the way forward for a season of championship football ? Of course not, neither do I, this has fook all to do with the young players, they are not the point, failure of the club to fully prepare the squad for the season is.

You're going off the main point, nobody knew if our young players would step up or not, we still don't really know, we took a huge risk to save money, money that the club should be getting from the premier league in parachute payments, money that should be used to ensure we can give ourselves the best chance of a stable.season, we may well have one, the young players may prove to work out well, we are all hoping they do, but let's not pretend the owners of the club knew any if this because they fooking didn't.

If they had such knowledge why did they spunk away money on players everyone knew were shot? Can't have it both ways fella.
VDH on 19:29 - Sep 26 with 776 views_

VDH on 15:16 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

So I asked you directly " so YOU know what's going on behind the scenes then ? Please do tell"

You never replied, then later on you follow up with an assumption
"Well they've said there's a plan. They've said we had to take our medicine and they appointed Potter and they're blooding exciting youngsters. They also wanted to keep Fer and VdH you'd assume as they were never talked about as in leaving in the Summer.

By hoping, I mean I don't sit in the Boardroom and I'm not involved in their decision making, so what else am I expected to do, apart from, of course, take ALL OF THE ABOVE into account when forming an opinion. "

So you slag off other poster because they "don't have the faintest clue about what's going on behind the scenes " and you then admit you also dont have the faintest clue wjats going on behind the scenes either !

Talk about spewing out utter rubbish, priceless stuff yet again.

Utterly clueless fair play.

The yanks and Huw have said a lot of things, most of it not true, they are telling lies to the fans on a regular basis and people such as yourself are becoming part of the problem by not dealing in common sense but hanging on to a romantic notion that a bunch of hedge funders love us to bits and will take the required duty of care, they arn't here for the love they are here to extract money , and people like you are practically helping them fill their boots by following some bizarre narrative that has them down as heros for employing a manager who despite the owners fookin him around has done well enough to keep our heads above water with a team of youngsters.

We have 1 senior centre half, 1 fit striker and a load of wingers most teams don't want. Time to get real fella. How is that part of some great fookin plan ?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 15:20]

Do you know, this site is absolutely hopeless.

I literally can't explain things any clearer yet posters like this fool coms back with a whole bunch of saying pretty much nothing.

It's all there, I've said enough on this subject.

One of us will be proved right so let's just see what happens then is it.

I've told you all what I'm hoping the plan is because it makes sense to me. And I'm just applying a common sense and intelligent thought process to my thinking. I'm not posting in a blur of hot air and bluster.

Let's see if the plan I've posted this morning comes off.... If it doesn't then fine, your 'hunch'', based on nothing more than that though, at this stage, maybe right.

It's boring all this shit. I'm basically trying to educate pork.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 19:33 - Sep 26 with 773 views_

Did you say you had business's because you're talking like you haven't got the first clue how to 'take money' from them.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 19:34 - Sep 26 with 771 views_

VDH on 16:32 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

And this utter, utter clown calls people stupid. I swear to god he can't see the woods for the trees. Proper Cringeworthy stuff

Login to get fewer ads

VDH on 19:37 - Sep 26 with 769 views_

VDH on 18:36 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

So you clearly think having 1 senior centre half and 1 fit striker is the way forward for a season of championship football ? Of course not, neither do I, this has fook all to do with the young players, they are not the point, failure of the club to fully prepare the squad for the season is.

You're going off the main point, nobody knew if our young players would step up or not, we still don't really know, we took a huge risk to save money, money that the club should be getting from the premier league in parachute payments, money that should be used to ensure we can give ourselves the best chance of a stable.season, we may well have one, the young players may prove to work out well, we are all hoping they do, but let's not pretend the owners of the club knew any if this because they fooking didn't.

If they had such knowledge why did they spunk away money on players everyone knew were shot? Can't have it both ways fella.

""""You're going off the main point, nobody knew if our young players would step up or not, we still don't really know, we took a huge risk to save money, money that the club should be getting from the premier league in parachute payments, money that should be used to ensure we can give ourselves the best chance of a stable.season, we may well have one, the young players may prove to work out well, we are all hoping they do, but let's not pretend the owners of the club knew any if this because they fooking didn't"""""

Honestly by f#ck

VDH on 19:55 - Sep 26 with 759 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 18:36 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

1 senior centre half is clearly fine at this level. Brentford play with two 20 year olds. We have one of the best defensive records in the league.

Anyone continuing to criticise our defensive business in the summer is looking more and more foolish by the day. You could justify being worried before a ball was kicked but surely now you have to let it go.
VDH on 20:05 - Sep 26 with 748 views_

VDH on 14:42 - Sep 26 by chad

Negligent in what way? I would rather call being aware of the obvious potential scenarios diligent in protection of our club.

There is no doubt they would have a get out plan before they paid over a penny. It is just basic business sense and why Jason would not deny it.

Do you not think at some point if things do not go their way, venture capitalist will not call it quits and claw back everything they can. It is the nature of the beast.

Why register the company in Delaware. Why have they been withholding information from the Trust. It is their business, they ensured they had control and they will run it as best suits their prime objective.

I would be surprised if you could deny their prime objective was profit.

The massively underhand way the sale was carried out speaks volumes of their methods

See this is a classic example of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

When somehow you felt you had some kind of epiphany from Levien's probable glib reply to your mundane question.

A light bulb moment if you like, which you've allowed to manifest, albeit in your own mind, into something so dramatic it was like being a fly on the wall when god was telling his son the meaning of life.

Truth of the matter, of course, is it meant absolutely nothing.

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves they're investing for themselves, but as far as having a grand exit strategy, and especially after a relegation, where quite frankly it would be nigh on impossible because of the drain of player wages versus vastly reduced wages, is pretty absurd.

Another fact you probably need to get your head around is these investors are not clinging onto the investment SCFC like their lives depends on it. Nobody wants to lose money and everyone of them would've bought into to increase their unit price, but it's something and nothing to them.

SCFC is not going to affect their net worth, they've said that.

It just seems so obvious that the only chance they have now of receiving any meaningful return is to steady the ship, do things the right way, make good appointments, cut costs and rebuild the business asset.

But then again, you are not going to need an epiphany for that, just a modicum of common sense.

VDH on 20:09 - Sep 26 with 743 views_

VDH on 19:55 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

1 senior centre half is clearly fine at this level. Brentford play with two 20 year olds. We have one of the best defensive records in the league.

Anyone continuing to criticise our defensive business in the summer is looking more and more foolish by the day. You could justify being worried before a ball was kicked but surely now you have to let it go.

It's also like saying Potter was totally incapable of assessing players he'd worked with for 2 months.

There's no point though in trying to talk common sense with these people. All they want to do is point the finger of blame and basically make shit up.

VDH on 21:06 - Sep 26 with 705 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 19:55 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

Who said I was worried ? Once again you are missing the point completely ! And that is our current good fortune of young players being able to step up is more luck than judgement from our owners, the way they are running our club is reckless and we all know it.

None of your comment s add up here, " have to let it go" ? I let it go back in july, same as most others but what I won't let go is people pretending our club is in safe hands when lie after lie is pushed out and we are not giving our fans , manager and players the help they need because too many people are using scfc as a cash cow.
VDH on 21:11 - Sep 26 with 699 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 21:06 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

Who said I was worried ? Once again you are missing the point completely ! And that is our current good fortune of young players being able to step up is more luck than judgement from our owners, the way they are running our club is reckless and we all know it.

None of your comment s add up here, " have to let it go" ? I let it go back in july, same as most others but what I won't let go is people pretending our club is in safe hands when lie after lie is pushed out and we are not giving our fans , manager and players the help they need because too many people are using scfc as a cash cow.

So you let it go in July (before we sold Fede and Amat) and aren't worried but you're also fuming that the owners haven't bought Potter the senior centreback he needs for this division?
VDH on 21:15 - Sep 26 with 688 views_

VDH on 21:06 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

It's just embarrassing

VDH on 21:15 - Sep 26 with 689 viewsDr_Winston

Potter made it quite clear in a recent interview that he was quite OK with our CB business.

Unless you're of the opinion that he's a habitual liar desperate to save face some of the nonsense spouted about poor, gullible Graham Potter watching his entire team be sold out from under him is quite amusing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

VDH on 21:32 - Sep 26 with 668 views_

VDH on 21:15 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Potter made it quite clear in a recent interview that he was quite OK with our CB business.

Unless you're of the opinion that he's a habitual liar desperate to save face some of the nonsense spouted about poor, gullible Graham Potter watching his entire team be sold out from under him is quite amusing.

Icecoldtvvat is not going to like this post.

He said we 'all know it'

Seems some see it a bit differently....

VDH on 21:45 - Sep 26 with 650 viewsDr_Winston

VDH on 21:32 - Sep 26 by _

Icecoldtvvat is not going to like this post.

He said we 'all know it'

Seems some see it a bit differently....

Usual story. Repeat nonsense often enough and it becomes accepted truth.

The problem is this board has gone down the same road as the internet in general. Everything is either brilliant or shite. Nuance is left by the wayside.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

VDH on 21:58 - Sep 26 with 637 views_

VDH on 21:45 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Usual story. Repeat nonsense often enough and it becomes accepted truth.

The problem is this board has gone down the same road as the internet in general. Everything is either brilliant or shite. Nuance is left by the wayside.

Even I (a clearly self addicted idiot) am thinking of packing this site in.

I love the Swans, I love talking about the Swans and all I want is for us to do well.

I buy my own season ticket and bar Dineen the once have never spoken to any of the powers to be, not even the once in my life.

This site is full of brain dead zombies.

VDH on 05:21 - Sep 27 with 584 viewsicecoldjack

Like I said, any club from the premier league letting go so many players that leave us with one senior centre back and 1 fit striker , is reckless plain and simple.

Cost cutting needed to be done so was balance to the squad, 10 games in and we've used 25 players, quite obvious squad balance will be important, nobody knew if the young players would.step up or not . It isn't about the young players, they are a bonus and probably our saving grace.
VDH on 07:48 - Sep 27 with 552 views_

VDH on 05:21 - Sep 27 by icecoldjack

Like I said, any club from the premier league letting go so many players that leave us with one senior centre back and 1 fit striker , is reckless plain and simple.

Cost cutting needed to be done so was balance to the squad, 10 games in and we've used 25 players, quite obvious squad balance will be important, nobody knew if the young players would.step up or not . It isn't about the young players, they are a bonus and probably our saving grace.

Shut up boy. You'd swear getting relegated and dealing with huge ego's and mercenary players demanding to go for whatever a deal was facking easy.

It's not something you can dictate, you've just got to make the best out of a pretty shitty predicament.

Otherwise you're literally risking the future of a football club.

And let me tell you one thing for nothing. Stoke City are crapping themselves right now. They're deep in it with how they've gone about it. Listen to what Mike Ashley said about Newcastle.

But no doubt, from the utter nonsense you've been spouting you'd say Stoke had done a good job, because they kept players, they gave new contracts, they bought loads and then some more in the loan window..... Yet they're below us and look pretty much in disarray.

Enough now.

VDH on 08:28 - Sep 27 with 526 viewsswan65split

VDH on 07:48 - Sep 27 by _

Shut up boy. You'd swear getting relegated and dealing with huge ego's and mercenary players demanding to go for whatever a deal was facking easy.

It's not something you can dictate, you've just got to make the best out of a pretty shitty predicament.

And let me tell you one thing for nothing. Stoke City are crapping themselves right now. They're deep in it with how they've gone about it. Listen to what Mike Ashley said about Newcastle.

But no doubt, from the utter nonsense you've been spouting you'd say Stoke had done a good job, because they kept players, they gave new contracts, they bought loads and then some more in the loan window..... Yet they're below us and look pretty much in disarray.

Enough now.

"shut up boy!"

FFS No wonder youve not many fans on here! hope you dont treat your work colleagues or punters like that.

Not learnt much have we?
VDH on 09:36 - Sep 27 with 486 viewsAce_Jack

VDH on 19:33 - Sep 26 by _

Did you say you had business's because you're talking like you haven't got the first clue how to 'take money' from them.

I've never claimed any such thing.
VDH on 10:51 - Sep 27 with 461 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 07:48 - Sep 27 by _

Enough now.

How did stoke get in again st us ?

I said even before you did back in june that the best thing for our club is to get rid of the "stars" and start from scratch, the stench of failure needed to be removed, having said that there must always be a spine to build onto, we gambled and took a risk that right now looks to be working but we'll not know until we are.half way through the season.

Getting rid of players was important leaving the squad bare in certain areas is not smart though.

It's possible we could.sell VDH in January, or even Rodon, then we are in a very exposed position if enough points arn't collected up until then.

The agenda is to sell assets and reduce costs but Huw Pearlman and others don't seem to have reduced their costs yet .
VDH on 11:34 - Sep 27 with 433 views_

VDH on 10:51 - Sep 27 by icecoldjack

How did stoke get in again st us ?

I said even before you did back in june that the best thing for our club is to get rid of the "stars" and start from scratch, the stench of failure needed to be removed, having said that there must always be a spine to build onto, we gambled and took a risk that right now looks to be working but we'll not know until we are.half way through the season.

Getting rid of players was important leaving the squad bare in certain areas is not smart though.

It's possible we could.sell VDH in January, or even Rodon, then we are in a very exposed position if enough points arn't collected up until then.

The agenda is to sell assets and reduce costs but Huw Pearlman and others don't seem to have reduced their costs yet .

I'd be amazed if that's the agenda and from the tone of your post I don't think you really believe it now ether.

And we haven't gambled, we've played it safe. Stoke have gambled everything and if they continue like they are will really pay for this next season or the season after.

We've just tried to manage a very difficult situation as best we can utilising our back up plan of the under 23's. That's a massive credit to the Club and it needs duly praising.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024