Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH 08:12 - Sep 25 with 6730 views34dfgdf54

Any news on a new contract for him? I believe he's allowed to speak to clubs in January?

Alot predicted on here he would end up being in the team of the year for the Championship come the end of the season, they won't be far wrong. Quality player and you can't underestimate what he's doing to help Rodon along either.

Top class defender.
VDH on 08:20 - Sep 25 with 2844 views_

He is but it's a tricky situation we're in as he's already on an EPL wage and then we'll be increasing it.

It's too easy for fans to want, want, want, it's all got to be budgeted and paid for.

That said, I'd love to hear we've tied him down a bit longer.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 09:13 - Sep 25 with 2740 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 08:20 - Sep 25 by _

He is but it's a tricky situation we're in as he's already on an EPL wage and then we'll be increasing it.

It's too easy for fans to want, want, want, it's all got to be budgeted and paid for.

I'd assume Bony and Narsingh will be off in January which would free up some funds. VDH also at an age where we could get considerable resale value on if he continues to perform as he has done.

Same goes with Fer, could potentialy be our Captain and Vice Captain leaving for free in the summer which isn't ideal.
VDH on 10:36 - Sep 25 with 2613 viewsomarjack

VDH came here from a league that has a smaller wage average than the championship..It's not likely that he's earning much with us, not to forget he probably has a relegation clause as well.

We should be able to afford him a decent deal..20k/wk maybe or something. And I believe he'd take it. And it'll save us money eventually, having a really good CB that we can rely on, and already paid for.

But knowing our incompetence, He'll be let go for free next season "as part of our restructure and aim towards the next level" and replace him with someone from the academy like Brandon Cooper.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

VDH on 11:35 - Sep 25 with 2561 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 10:36 - Sep 25 by omarjack

VDH came here from a league that has a smaller wage average than the championship..It's not likely that he's earning much with us, not to forget he probably has a relegation clause as well.

We should be able to afford him a decent deal..20k/wk maybe or something. And I believe he'd take it. And it'll save us money eventually, having a really good CB that we can rely on, and already paid for.

But knowing our incompetence, He'll be let go for free next season "as part of our restructure and aim towards the next level" and replace him with someone from the academy like Brandon Cooper.

From what I've heard, it would be nice to see Brandon Cooper eased into the first team squad. Preferably without losing VDH though, big player for us.

I obviously don't know the specfics, but I would agree with what you're saying regarding the wages, he was brought in from a league with relatively low wages considering, and was at the time, brought in as more of a squad player if memory serves, all of that with a relegation clause (assuming he has one), I would like to think keeping his is sustainable, especially at only 25 years old.
VDH on 11:40 - Sep 25 with 2548 viewsLoyal

Can't keep selling off the jewels, VDH has been magnificent.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

VDH on 12:06 - Sep 25 with 2512 viewsAce_Jack

Its too easy for our fans to want to keep our only senior centre half at the club. Good one.
VDH on 12:15 - Sep 25 with 2491 viewsjasper_T

I imagine a lot will be up to him. His original contract probably wasn't huge as he was brought in as a backup/prospect after seeing his career stall at Ajax (due to injuries as much as anything), but you can't imagine the Championship is the peak of his ambition.

Still young for a centreback. Would be massive if we could tempt him to stay longer.
VDH on 12:18 - Sep 25 with 2479 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 11:35 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

From what I've heard, it would be nice to see Brandon Cooper eased into the first team squad. Preferably without losing VDH though, big player for us.

I obviously don't know the specfics, but I would agree with what you're saying regarding the wages, he was brought in from a league with relatively low wages considering, and was at the time, brought in as more of a squad player if memory serves, all of that with a relegation clause (assuming he has one), I would like to think keeping his is sustainable, especially at only 25 years old.

Brandon Cooper could end up being a top player, but Cian Harries is much further along at the moment (bit worried about his lack of pace, though).
Login to get fewer ads

VDH on 12:43 - Sep 25 with 2406 views_

VDH on 12:06 - Sep 25 by Ace_Jack

Its too easy for our fans to want to keep our only senior centre half at the club. Good one.

No, it's too easy for our fans to make demands when they haven't got the faintest clue what's going on behind the scenes, including the very real prospect of VdH potentially not wanting a new deal from us.

PS there's other posters you can reply to 😂

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 13:39 - Sep 25 with 2267 viewsCroftyjack

It is not tricky at all it comes down to one thing..Ambition.
It depends either the club have any ambition of getting promoted again and at a lesser extent just to stay in this league.
You can keep saying about balancing the books but remember if we ever get relegated then this issue would be there again...we need to balance to gain a league one balance sheet.
It really comes down to what the clubs owners want..unfortunately it does not match what the fans want.
Fans main interest is the product on the pitch and that's what it should be not the business end as this after all is an entertainment industry.
Do you go to the cinema to watch a blockbuster or a very low budget local movie?
VDH on 14:01 - Sep 25 with 2229 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 13:39 - Sep 25 by Croftyjack

It depends either the club have any ambition of getting promoted again and at a lesser extent just to stay in this league.
You can keep saying about balancing the books but remember if we ever get relegated then this issue would be there again...we need to balance to gain a league one balance sheet.
It really comes down to what the clubs owners want..unfortunately it does not match what the fans want.
Fans main interest is the product on the pitch and that's what it should be not the business end as this after all is an entertainment industry.
Do you go to the cinema to watch a blockbuster or a very low budget local movie?

Blind ambition has ruined bigger clubs than Swansea City.
VDH on 14:06 - Sep 25 with 2220 viewsomarjack

VDH on 13:39 - Sep 25 by Croftyjack

Why would any owners be content with their club only surviving in the championship? The money stream is a complete joke in comparison to the PL. Commercial revenue also goes to sh!t..not to forget the attendance also drops.

If our owners know their interest. They'd either have put in a real effort to come back up. Or they'd have tried to sell and cut their losses.

I can't imagine why would anyone who isn't an actual fan of the club they own, would want to own a mid-table championship side. It's a money drain. Wages alone are 100% of turnovers in half of cases.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

VDH on 14:10 - Sep 25 with 2217 viewsCroftyjack

VDH on 14:01 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

Ambition don't have to be blind..nobody is wishing to throw stupid money at it but keeping the likes of VDH is a must and one or two others.

Being ultra cautious will lead us nowhere.......it comes across at the moment like a person who threw everthing at the stock market and almost lost the lot.
Now this could stop you investing again or you can learn what you done wrong last time and use better disciplines to be successful at your next venture.
Driving the squad down to just kids will only result one way eventually but needs a great mix of personnel to flourish.
VDH on 14:24 - Sep 25 with 2198 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 14:01 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

It's classed as Blind Ambition for wanting to keep VDH

I'd class offering players like Bony, whose on £100k plus per week contract extensions in the hope of him banging us into the premier league blind ambition. Or doing what the Scummers did years back and signing past it players such as Hasselbaink and Fowler on costy contracts in the hope they find past form to bring them success.

Holding onto assets like VDH, at a good age, is nowhere near blind ambition.

Obviously, like Chris said, if he doesn't want to stay, then fair enough. If we haven't done already, we are leaving it late now and his head probably will be turned, Pulis sounded impressed.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 14:38]
VDH on 14:44 - Sep 25 with 2164 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 12:43 - Sep 25 by _

No, it's too easy for our fans to make demands when they haven't got the faintest clue what's going on behind the scenes, including the very real prospect of VdH potentially not wanting a new deal from us.

So that's means that YOU know what's going on behind the scenes then ?
Please do tell, how much per week is VDH earning ?

Here's a suggestion, how about slicing Huw and Pearlman s not earned wages, throw in some cash from what we pay some of the other hangers on and offer the difference to one if our stand out performers ?

The money is in the club, it's just not being used on the right things, that's not to say that we didn't need to slice the playing staff drastically, I'm on record of saying this needed to be done back in june/July.

If we can't afford to pay 1 centre half a decent wedge then surely the question needs to be asked why and is further proof of incompetence, and money being squandered .

All points back to the same people which ever way you slice it.
VDH on 14:58 - Sep 25 with 2143 viewsAce_Jack

VDH on 12:43 - Sep 25 by _

there are other c**ts on this forum as well but none as spectacularly shameless as you.

You're batting for the sellouts and the yanks in pretty much every post and it makes me sick to my stomach. If you behaved in a comparable way to the situation we faced 17 years ago you'd be telling us that the club was right to sack 7 players and that we need to live within our means.

Run along now, theres a good lapdog.
VDH on 15:04 - Sep 25 with 2129 viewsLoyal

VDH on 14:58 - Sep 25 by Ace_Jack

there are other c**ts on this forum as well but none as spectacularly shameless as you.

You're batting for the sellouts and the yanks in pretty much every post and it makes me sick to my stomach. If you behaved in a comparable way to the situation we faced 17 years ago you'd be telling us that the club was right to sack 7 players and that we need to live within our means.

Run along now, theres a good lapdog.

A lot of people actually sided with silver shield for 3 years before the thick fckrs saw sense. Same people then sided with Mike Fcking Lewis in 2001 and Petty because he had them on the payroll. Free tickets etc. These Fcking WA nk stains nearly killed the club for their own personal benefit.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

VDH on 15:52 - Sep 25 with 2043 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 14:10 - Sep 25 by Croftyjack

Ambition don't have to be blind..nobody is wishing to throw stupid money at it but keeping the likes of VDH is a must and one or two others.

Being ultra cautious will lead us nowhere.......it comes across at the moment like a person who threw everthing at the stock market and almost lost the lot.
Now this could stop you investing again or you can learn what you done wrong last time and use better disciplines to be successful at your next venture.
Driving the squad down to just kids will only result one way eventually but needs a great mix of personnel to flourish.

The post I was responding to said quite plainly "It comes down to one thing - Ambition". That's a horribly misguided stance to have. There's obviously more than one factor to consider. Ambition must be weighed against risk.

There's a sensible midpoint between ultra-caution and "just pay him what ever he wants, mun" crowd.
VDH on 15:54 - Sep 25 with 2035 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 14:24 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

It's classed as Blind Ambition for wanting to keep VDH

I'd class offering players like Bony, whose on £100k plus per week contract extensions in the hope of him banging us into the premier league blind ambition. Or doing what the Scummers did years back and signing past it players such as Hasselbaink and Fowler on costy contracts in the hope they find past form to bring them success.

Holding onto assets like VDH, at a good age, is nowhere near blind ambition.

Obviously, like Chris said, if he doesn't want to stay, then fair enough. If we haven't done already, we are leaving it late now and his head probably will be turned, Pulis sounded impressed.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 14:38]

Was resigning a player Stoke thought was sht really that ambitious? Blind desperation, more like.
VDH on 16:20 - Sep 25 with 1994 viewslonglostjack

VDH on 14:44 - Sep 25 by icecoldjack

So that's means that YOU know what's going on behind the scenes then ?
Please do tell, how much per week is VDH earning ?

Here's a suggestion, how about slicing Huw and Pearlman s not earned wages, throw in some cash from what we pay some of the other hangers on and offer the difference to one if our stand out performers ?

The money is in the club, it's just not being used on the right things, that's not to say that we didn't need to slice the playing staff drastically, I'm on record of saying this needed to be done back in june/July.

If we can't afford to pay 1 centre half a decent wedge then surely the question needs to be asked why and is further proof of incompetence, and money being squandered .

All points back to the same people which ever way you slice it.

The only concern I’d have would be about the wage structure within the team. Not sure that it would be healthy for a couple of players to be seen to be earning massively more than the others.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

VDH on 16:25 - Sep 25 with 1986 viewsCroftyjack

VDH on 16:20 - Sep 25 by longlostjack

The only concern I’d have would be about the wage structure within the team. Not sure that it would be healthy for a couple of players to be seen to be earning massively more than the others.

Do you think players at Manure are all on say the same wages as Pogba..or Hazard at Chelsea.
All teams have 3 or 4 top earners and then lower wages for the rest.
VDH on 17:00 - Sep 25 with 1937 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 15:54 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

Was resigning a player Stoke thought was sht really that ambitious? Blind desperation, more like.

Is offering a better contract to our vice captain whose pretty much become a proven performer for us blind ambition then?
VDH on 17:07 - Sep 25 with 1921 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 17:00 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

Is offering a better contract to our vice captain whose pretty much become a proven performer for us blind ambition then?

If "It comes down to one thing - Ambition" yes. If he's too good for this level and will require a big, big wage to keep him here then ambition must be weighed against responsibility. Eyes open to our limitations.

Not that I necessarily think that's the case. Our summer sale was comprehensive enough that we should be able to offer vdH a good living to stay with us. But if he's got anticipating a PL-size deal (here or elsewhere) that's not something we can compete with, realistically.
VDH on 17:10 - Sep 25 with 1916 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 16:20 - Sep 25 by longlostjack

It's a fair point, there were stories in the past about players having much more than others and it can effect team spirit, like said above it happens everywhere though and a vice captain isn't the worst one to be on better money.

I'm still waiting for my answer off the Res, how much does VDH get a week ? He seems to have ducked my question .
VDH on 17:22 - Sep 25 with 1899 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 17:07 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

If "It comes down to one thing - Ambition" yes. If he's too good for this level and will require a big, big wage to keep him here then ambition must be weighed against responsibility. Eyes open to our limitations.

Not that I necessarily think that's the case. Our summer sale was comprehensive enough that we should be able to offer vdH a good living to stay with us. But if he's got anticipating a PL-size deal (here or elsewhere) that's not something we can compete with, realistically.

We are where we are in the food chain, nothing we can do if Premier League clubs come in for our players and offer them good packages. Completely understand that.

With the list of players we have out of contract in the summer, including Fer and VDH, I would have hoped we’d have a few tied down before January. Fingers crossed there’s talks happening behind the scenes and we’ll hear soon.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 17:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024