Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rabbits 20:49 - Sep 25 with 4706 viewsLeonWasGod

Has anyone here got or had a rabbit? I'm half thinking about getting one for my little girl's 8th birthday. She'd love one, but I'm under no illusions that I'd be the one having to take care of it (for now at least). I'm used to looking after stuff that needs regular attention (kept a tropical reef tank for years), so I'm happy with a daily routine. What happens when you go on holiday for a couple of weeks though? Neighbours, or is there such a thing as a rabbit kennel? And are they worth it for neutrals - am I and my misses likely to regret it?!

Any views/suggestions (sensible and Loyal's) welcome.
Rabbits on 20:59 - Sep 25 with 3800 viewsdickythorpe

I bet she'll look after it pretty well. Just make sure teeth are cut properly when needed.
Rabbits on 21:03 - Sep 25 with 3793 viewsmajorraglan

Got a hamster for our kids when they were about the same age, the were happy, but I did all the cleaning and feeding. Yuntest wanted a dog, I drew the line at cleaning D.. S... up!
Rabbits on 21:04 - Sep 25 with 3793 viewsLeonWasGod

Rabbits on 20:59 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

I bet she'll look after it pretty well. Just make sure teeth are cut properly when needed.

Hers or the rabbits?
Rabbits on 21:09 - Sep 25 with 3781 viewsLoyal

I've often wondered how any one can eat them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 with 3777 viewsCatullus

Rabbits on 21:03 - Sep 25 by majorraglan

Got a hamster for our kids when they were about the same age, the were happy, but I did all the cleaning and feeding. Yuntest wanted a dog, I drew the line at cleaning D.. S... up!

We had 2 hamsters when our son was 5, I find the dog much easier work and much more fun. A Hamster cage stinks and their teeth are like razors!!

Our son is 10 (today as it goes) and he wants a rabbit....the only way he's getting one is in a stew!!
We have a dog and a cat, I am not Dr Doolittle or a pet rescue centre.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 with 3777 viewsBrynCartwright

Never kept a rabbit, but guinea pigs are great. Really docile creatures my 2 girls absolutely adored. No biting at all, but you need two to keep each other company, preferably of the same sex, or you'll end up with hundreds. Also pretty tough. I only brought them inside on really cold evenings.

Never kept rabbits but would be wary of their very powerful teeth macerating tiny fingers.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 with 3777 viewsLeonWasGod

Rabbits on 21:09 - Sep 25 by Loyal

I think you skin them first and then they're ok. A bit furry otherwise.
Rabbits on 21:12 - Sep 25 with 3775 viewsHumpty

Very easily.
Login to get fewer ads

Rabbits on 21:14 - Sep 25 with 3765 viewsLeonWasGod

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 by Catullus

We had 2 hamsters when our son was 5, I find the dog much easier work and much more fun. A Hamster cage stinks and their teeth are like razors!!

Our son is 10 (today as it goes) and he wants a rabbit....the only way he's getting one is in a stew!!

If they're biters like hamsters then I'm not interested. Would love a dog, but we're out all day. I'm assuming a couple of rabbits will entertain themselves in a hutch.
Rabbits on 21:20 - Sep 25 with 3751 viewsLoyal

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 by LeonWasGod

I think you skin them first and then they're ok. A bit furry otherwise.

Fck me not rabbits mun, kids!

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rabbits on 21:21 - Sep 25 with 3747 viewsLeonWasGod

Rabbits on 21:20 - Sep 25 by Loyal

Fck me not rabbits mun, kids!

That's what I was talking about. Don't you skin yours first? You should try it.
Rabbits on 21:24 - Sep 25 with 3742 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I bought a rabbit for the kids once they’d look after it and feed it and change its bedding

Great for about 12 months

Then it became my rabbit

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Rabbits on 21:35 - Sep 25 with 3730 viewsWxmJax

We had 2 rabbits, a dog and a cat. Then the dog and cat died and now we've just got the 49 rabbits.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Rabbits on 21:35 - Sep 25 with 3730 viewsSwanzay

Rabbits need companionship, the don't deal very well with living alone, so either get two of a kind or another animal such as a GP to keep each other company.
Rabbits on 21:49 - Sep 25 with 3716 viewsLeonWasGod

Rabbits on 21:35 - Sep 25 by Swanzay

Rabbits need companionship, the don't deal very well with living alone, so either get two of a kind or another animal such as a GP to keep each other company.

Ta, I expected as much. GPs are ok with rabbits are they? I assumed we'd need 2 rabbits.
Rabbits on 21:49 - Sep 25 with 3716 viewsmajorraglan

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 by Catullus

You’re not wrong about teeth like razors, got bit by him a few times, one one occasions he was dangling from my finger with his sharp teeth deeply embedded in to my skin. Painful as ....
Rabbits on 21:54 - Sep 25 with 3706 viewslonglostjack

Rabbits on 21:11 - Sep 25 by BrynCartwright

Never kept a rabbit, but guinea pigs are great. Really docile creatures my 2 girls absolutely adored. No biting at all, but you need two to keep each other company, preferably of the same sex, or you'll end up with hundreds. Also pretty tough. I only brought them inside on really cold evenings.

Never kept rabbits but would be wary of their very powerful teeth macerating tiny fingers.

That’s the problem with guinea pigs though. We’ve always had two because one pops off and you have to get another to keep the survivor happy. Never ending bloody cycle!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rabbits on 21:58 - Sep 25 with 3702 viewsJack_Meoff

He's not on about the rampant ones you can get in Ann Summers mun

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Rabbits on 22:05 - Sep 25 with 3693 viewslifelong

Very good for you...lean meat.
Rabbits on 22:10 - Sep 25 with 3686 viewslonglostjack

Rabbits on 22:05 - Sep 25 by lifelong

Very good for you...lean meat.

That’s the kind of thing Mrs LJ would say. Give me a nicely marbled rib-eye any day!

Rabbits on 22:15 - Sep 25 with 3680 viewslifelong

Rabbits on 22:10 - Sep 25 by longlostjack

That’s the kind of thing Mrs LJ would say. Give me a nicely marbled rib-eye any day!

Variety is the spice of life LJ.
Rabbits on 22:28 - Sep 25 with 3670 viewslonglostjack

Rabbits on 22:15 - Sep 25 by lifelong

Variety is the spice of life LJ.

I know but I can’t help myself. I’ll stare at a menu for ages but will invariably end up ordering my favourite.

Rabbits on 01:27 - Sep 26 with 3577 viewsomarjack

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Rabbits on 07:53 - Sep 26 with 3512 viewsItchySphincter

They smell.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rabbits on 13:13 - Sep 26 with 3426 viewsSwanzay

2 of a kind

Rabbits may bully guinea pigs, which can make them stressed if they cannot get away. The bacteria, Bordetella bronchiseptica,is the most common cause of respiratory disease in guinea pigs. ... Therefore, guinea pigs shouldn't be housed with rabbits.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024