Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... 12:11 - Sep 26 with 1925 viewsSwanjaxs

https://www.france24.com/en/20180926-one-goal-can-change-life-moment-kept-stojko

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 16:01 - Sep 26 with 1665 viewsLeonWasGod

"I spent three times talking with the boss (of Swansea)," he said. "It seemed everything was okay and then Swansea won against Arsenal at the Emirates 1-0 so you'd be crazy to change the coach if you win there."

We seem to have a habit of doing this. Wasn't Brenda very similar - seemed like he was heading back and then Guidolin got a couple of excellent results against L'pool and West Ham. Next thing you know he gets a contract extension.

Surely if you've got the courage of your convictions you stick to the plan rather than let 1 or 2 games change it?
Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 16:32 - Sep 26 with 1627 viewsUxbridge

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 16:01 - Sep 26 by LeonWasGod

"I spent three times talking with the boss (of Swansea)," he said. "It seemed everything was okay and then Swansea won against Arsenal at the Emirates 1-0 so you'd be crazy to change the coach if you win there."

We seem to have a habit of doing this. Wasn't Brenda very similar - seemed like he was heading back and then Guidolin got a couple of excellent results against L'pool and West Ham. Next thing you know he gets a contract extension.

Surely if you've got the courage of your convictions you stick to the plan rather than let 1 or 2 games change it?

I have no idea how true this is, but it doesn't really stack up to the evidence. Monk was awarded a 3 year contract in 2014, and in May 2015 we were about to achieve our highest league position (I won't comment on the style of play). His contract was upgraded in the summer of 2015.

The Guidolin/Rodgers sliding doors one does grate a bit mind. Saying that, I remember arguing the toss at the time that I'd be in favour of Rodgers returning but there was significant resistance on here to his return. Appointing Guidolin always seemed a very emotional appointment after the highs and lows of the season. Sacking him in September just asked further questions on that process.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:00 - Sep 26 with 1437 viewskarnataka

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 16:32 - Sep 26 by Uxbridge

I have no idea how true this is, but it doesn't really stack up to the evidence. Monk was awarded a 3 year contract in 2014, and in May 2015 we were about to achieve our highest league position (I won't comment on the style of play). His contract was upgraded in the summer of 2015.

The Guidolin/Rodgers sliding doors one does grate a bit mind. Saying that, I remember arguing the toss at the time that I'd be in favour of Rodgers returning but there was significant resistance on here to his return. Appointing Guidolin always seemed a very emotional appointment after the highs and lows of the season. Sacking him in September just asked further questions on that process.

What I've been told by someone I trust (as we're related) is that the old guard wanted Brendan 100% and were in advanced talks with him but when the new owners came in, they made it absolutely clear they wanted Bradley and overruled them so Guidolin was retained until Bradley's services were secured and then got shafted. My relative got this from someone inside the club but he won't say who but it all sounds entirely plausible.
Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:03 - Sep 26 with 1427 viewsUxbridge

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:00 - Sep 26 by karnataka

What I've been told by someone I trust (as we're related) is that the old guard wanted Brendan 100% and were in advanced talks with him but when the new owners came in, they made it absolutely clear they wanted Bradley and overruled them so Guidolin was retained until Bradley's services were secured and then got shafted. My relative got this from someone inside the club but he won't say who but it all sounds entirely plausible.

The first part is possible.. The second part isn't. He was always available if they wanted him that summer.

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:04 - Sep 26 with 1418 viewsDr_Winston

The only thing wrong with the decision to keep Guidolin was the failure to properly back him that summer. Probably a consequence of the takeover and desire to bring in Bobbly.

Had Guidolin been properly supported the odds are nobody would give a shit about Brendan wanting the job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:06 - Sep 26 with 1411 viewskarnataka

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:03 - Sep 26 by Uxbridge

The first part is possible.. The second part isn't. He was always available if they wanted him that summer.

I'm sure you're right, maybe it just took longer to get it all into place as all football related matters were secondary to the sellout/takeover at that time.
Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 22:19 - Sep 26 with 1322 viewsUxbridge

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:06 - Sep 26 by karnataka

I'm sure you're right, maybe it just took longer to get it all into place as all football related matters were secondary to the sellout/takeover at that time.

It's entirety possible the incoming buyers wouldn't sanction the package BRodge would want.

Just another possible consequence of the manner of the 2016 sale.

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 14:41 - Sep 27 with 1119 viewsWarwickHunt

Stojkovic.... The one that got away.... on 21:03 - Sep 26 by Uxbridge

They were just waiting for an excuse to sack Guidolin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024