Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel 16:59 - Sep 26 with 10811 viewsjacabertawe

A thoroughly nice, loyal and dignified bloke.
And a plague on those who choose to boo him on Saturday.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angel-rangel-intervie

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Rangel on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 6976 viewsJackfath

Who's going to boo him?

Treat him respect before and after the game, during the game he's not our player, therefore ambivalence from me.

I'd be more concerned with those who choose to give him a standing ovation if he is subbed, or clap him if he scores a goal.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 17:08]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Rangel on 17:15 - Sep 26 with 6940 viewstrinityann

Rangel on 17:07 - Sep 26 by Jackfath

Who's going to boo him?

Treat him respect before and after the game, during the game he's not our player, therefore ambivalence from me.

I'd be more concerned with those who choose to give him a standing ovation if he is subbed, or clap him if he scores a goal.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 17:08]

He would definitely have standing ovation if he got subbed. He is a modern day club legend.
Rangel on 17:16 - Sep 26 with 6938 viewsjasper_T

If he's fit I hope we target him with pace. Shame Jeff's not about, really.
Rangel on 18:08 - Sep 26 with 6796 views34dfgdf54

Rangel on 17:16 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

If he's fit I hope we target him with pace. Shame Jeff's not about, really.

Jeff run rings around him in a pre season friendly a few years back didn’t he?

He’s a lucky man he’s out.
Rangel on 18:32 - Sep 26 with 6727 viewshobo

Derby gave Lee Grant a standing ovation when he came on for Utd yesterday. A nice touch I thought, and didn't seem to do any harm as he didn't seem to be in top form during the shootout ;)
Rangel on 18:37 - Sep 26 with 6711 viewsJackfath

Rangel on 17:15 - Sep 26 by trinityann

He would definitely have standing ovation if he got subbed. He is a modern day club legend.

Disproportionate from the applause the current squad receive.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Rangel on 18:40 - Sep 26 with 6706 viewsjack247

I never boo or clap ex players on the opposition, before during or after the game. I’ll probably make an exception for Angel before and after. Along with Leon, as close to a legend as we have had in the modern era.
Rangel on 19:07 - Sep 26 with 6628 viewsoldcob

I'll applaud him if he raises his hand to the east stand during the warm up out of pure respect. It's difficult to think of a player who has given more to the club. I'll clap him again as he takes his position prior to kick off. After kick off I hope he scores two own goals concedes a penalty and gets sent off, and as he goes I'll applaud him again.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangel on 19:11 - Sep 26 with 6614 viewsJackfath

Rangel on 19:07 - Sep 26 by oldcob

I'll applaud him if he raises his hand to the east stand during the warm up out of pure respect. It's difficult to think of a player who has given more to the club. I'll clap him again as he takes his position prior to kick off. After kick off I hope he scores two own goals concedes a penalty and gets sent off, and as he goes I'll applaud him again.

What about your own team?

Rangel on 19:17 - Sep 26 with 6588 viewsLeonWasGod

Rangel on 19:11 - Sep 26 by Jackfath

They're not mutually exclusive 👍
Rangel on 19:19 - Sep 26 with 6576 viewstheloneranger

Why hasn't he had a testimonial after 11 years??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Rangel on 19:19 - Sep 26 with 6574 viewsLeonWasGod

Club legend. Bought into the Swansea way, threw himself into local life, married a local lass, didn't want to leave but wasn't wanted.

Anyone who boos him is a dick. But I doubt anyone will.
Rangel on 19:23 - Sep 26 with 6557 views3swan

Good and interesting interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45653740
Rangel on 19:37 - Sep 26 with 6525 viewslonglostjack

As if anyone would boo him! If he’s substituted during the game I’m sure he’ll get a standing ovation as he walks off and quite right too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Rangel on 19:42 - Sep 26 with 6506 viewsswanforthemoney

Total respect for the Legend. Ill even give him a couple of choruses of the
'Angel Rangel
Angel Rangel'

What sort of miserable tw@t wouldn't break out in spontaneous applause at the mere sight of this paragon of footballing virtue.

Has anyone done more for the club in recent times ?

I stand in the North Stand

Rangel on 19:44 - Sep 26 with 6499 viewsclloy2

Rangel on 19:19 - Sep 26 by LeonWasGod

Club legend. Bought into the Swansea way, threw himself into local life, married a local lass, didn't want to leave but wasn't wanted.

Absolutely spot on.
Swansea legend through and through. Always gave 100% for the cause and was a jack through and through. Totally imersed himself in local life, including handing out food parcels to the homeless sleeping rough on the streets along with his wife.
I had the pleasure of having a few beers with his parents and extended family outside the Mestalla before the Valencia game. Every one of his family had swans tops on with Rangel printed on the back.
I also have it on good authority that during the second season when we were really struggljng and after a heavy defeat and a poor performance, may have been spurs away, Rangel overheard Mo Barrow mouthing off about not been bothered if we got relegated, because his agent would get him a decent move in the event of relegation.
Well Rangel heard this and grabbed him round the throat and layed into him about his poor attitude, and if you recall i think he was sold to Reading not long after that.
Thinking of the Alan Tate song could eadily be applied to Angel Rangel, a magnificent servant and a true Jack.
Rangel on 19:53 - Sep 26 with 6478 viewsMrSwerve

Rangel on 17:15 - Sep 26 by trinityann

If Angel Rangel, a club legend, someone who is Swansea through and through and has played his heart out for us all the way to the top, gets a standing ovation if he is subbed off, then I have no issues.

A nicer, more loyal player you will not find. Glad he had another chance at QPR, and I hope we smash them on Saturday.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Rangel on 19:53 - Sep 26 with 6474 viewssainthelens

He loves our club. His head will be a fckn mess on Saturday. I never clap ex players but will make an exception for him.
Rangel on 20:55 - Sep 26 with 6350 viewsJoe_bradshaw

QPR fans on the whole love him and think he's a great influence on the young players in their team.
They've taken 10 points from the 5 games he's started and none from the 4 games he hasn't featured in.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rangel on 21:00 - Sep 26 with 6327 viewsjackal

This.

I've met him a couple of times. Thoroughly nice and genuine guy.

Deserves to be shown respect.
Rangel on 21:02 - Sep 26 with 6324 viewsoldcob

Rangel on 19:11 - Sep 26 by Jackfath

Well of course I applaud (and cheer) my own team. It's the reason I go innit?
Rangel on 21:03 - Sep 26 with 6319 viewsDr_Winston

The tantrum he pulled when he wanted to leave but we didn't let him a few years ago seems to have been well and truly forgotten.

Good player though. Class from day one. Hope he does well for QPR apart from Saturday. No doubt he'll be back at the club at some point.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rangel on 21:14 - Sep 26 with 6284 viewsjasper_T

Show him the respect of treating him like he's a QPR player, and not a former Swan come back for a weekend jolly with his mates.
Rangel on 21:41 - Sep 26 with 6219 viewsTNT

Rangel on 19:37 - Sep 26 by longlostjack

As if anyone would boo him! If he’s substituted during the game I’m sure he’ll get a standing ovation as he walks off and quite right too.

This

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Rangel on 21:44 - Sep 26 with 6205 viewsTNT

He did learn to speak some Welsh too. Chwarae teg iddo fe.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024