Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans 21:52 - Sep 26 with 13395 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:59 - Sep 26 with 4149 viewsRancid

It could have been a lot worse.They're showing good intent by employing Potter to start with and the players moved on would have left no matter who was dictating.I'm really ok with it all now as long as we keep Potter.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:02 - Sep 26 with 4130 viewsexiledclaseboy

Could be an interesting poll this.

Poll: Tory leader

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:02 - Sep 26 with 4126 viewsDr_Winston

You missed out;

"Still obviously dependent on Jenkins despite a woeful track record since 2014"

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:03 - Sep 26 with 4124 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 21:59 - Sep 26 by Rancid

It could have been a lot worse.They're showing good intent by employing Potter to start with and the players moved on would have left no matter who was dictating.I'm really ok with it all now as long as we keep Potter.

It's what I think as well mate, but because it's also what I hope, and don't know for sure, somehow that's enough to make people's stomach's turn.

Relegation has been a lot easier to deal with since we took the field and our new look, youthful and mostly homegrown squad started to show us what we've been missing in a while.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:04 - Sep 26 with 4115 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:02 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

You missed out;

"Still obviously dependent on Jenkins despite a woeful track record since 2014"

I don't think they're dependent, I think he's still 'handy' for them. I've heard he's had a gutsful though.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:07 - Sep 26 with 4096 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:04 - Sep 26 by _

I don't think they're dependent, I think he's still 'handy' for them. I've heard he's had a gutsful though.

They are utterly f*cking dependent on Jenkins. The one time they've tried to flex their muscles by appointing Bradley was the dictionary definition of a disaster.

Far from being the balancing influence Huw has needed since 2014 they're utterly in his thrall now, and there's no way on this Earth that it's a good thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:09 - Sep 26 with 4087 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:07 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

They are utterly f*cking dependent on Jenkins. The one time they've tried to flex their muscles by appointing Bradley was the dictionary definition of a disaster.

Far from being the balancing influence Huw has needed since 2014 they're utterly in his thrall now, and there's no way on this Earth that it's a good thing.

Oh I see what you mean.

Now I know it's that I don't think it's a bad thing if we rewind the Jenkins clock to 2006, which is what's likely we've done with Potter, coaches and Macauley.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 with 4078 viewsRancid

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:03 - Sep 26 by _

It's what I think as well mate, but because it's also what I hope, and don't know for sure, somehow that's enough to make people's stomach's turn.

Relegation has been a lot easier to deal with since we took the field and our new look, youthful and mostly homegrown squad started to show us what we've been missing in a while.

Chris, I was glad it was all over for us in the PL.We'd gone stale and it was extremely difficult to witness it unfold.

Fresh start with a new young exciting manager with a whole new squad of talented youngsters to bring along is the perfect tonic for me.
Login to get fewer ads

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 with 4075 viewsDr_Winston

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:09 - Sep 26 by _

Oh I see what you mean.

Now I know it's that I don't think it's a bad thing if we rewind the Jenkins clock to 2006, which is what's likely we've done with Potter, coaches and Macauley.

We shall see.

Potter is obviously a step in the right direction, but it remains to be seen if retaining Huw "hapless negotiator" Jenkins is.

He's not off to a good start if rejecting a solid offer for Jordan Ayew only to end up loaning him out a week later is any indication.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:33 - Sep 26 with 4015 viewsdobjack2

Tough choices - don’t know the financial position so can’t tell whether they are making realistic cut backs because of their previous feck ups or cutting too deep into the playing squad.

Looking to take a big dividend- don’t know the financial position so can’t make an informed comment.

Looking to take millions from the club - don’t know what the club is paying for consultants etc. Without knowing this can’t make an informed comment.

Because your ordinary fan doesn’t have enough information it is nigh on impossible to make an informed comment. However based on their reported actions I don’t trust the majority owners our chairman or vice chairman. Sad but true.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:35 - Sep 26 with 4012 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Rancid

Chris, I was glad it was all over for us in the PL.We'd gone stale and it was extremely difficult to witness it unfold.

Fresh start with a new young exciting manager with a whole new squad of talented youngsters to bring along is the perfect tonic for me.

Agreed mate although I was truly gutted to go down.

Over it now though and like you, enjoying it all.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:37 - Sep 26 with 3998 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

We shall see.

Potter is obviously a step in the right direction, but it remains to be seen if retaining Huw "hapless negotiator" Jenkins is.

He's not off to a good start if rejecting a solid offer for Jordan Ayew only to end up loaning him out a week later is any indication.

The offer we had was early in the season and it was damned if we do, damned if we don't with that bid.

There's also no perfect recipe for a relegation transfer window.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:39 - Sep 26 with 3992 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:33 - Sep 26 by dobjack2

Tough choices - don’t know the financial position so can’t tell whether they are making realistic cut backs because of their previous feck ups or cutting too deep into the playing squad.

Looking to take a big dividend- don’t know the financial position so can’t make an informed comment.

Looking to take millions from the club - don’t know what the club is paying for consultants etc. Without knowing this can’t make an informed comment.

Because your ordinary fan doesn’t have enough information it is nigh on impossible to make an informed comment. However based on their reported actions I don’t trust the majority owners our chairman or vice chairman. Sad but true.

That's the whole point of the poll for Christ's sake.

Nobody knows for sure, but based on what we do know and have seen which of the 3 do you think it is??

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 00:08 - Sep 27 with 3868 viewsCooperman

It surely has to be the ‘making tough choices...’ option.

These are business people. This is how venture capitalists work.

I can’t see how the other two options can be even the slightest bit possible (for various reasons).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:46 - Sep 27 with 3737 viewsdobjack2

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:39 - Sep 26 by _

Nobody knows for sure, but based on what we do know and have seen which of the 3 do you think it is??

The point of my response is that responding to your poll is just a gut feeling that is not based on any known facts. I thought that you had made the point that posters are posting on gut feelings rather than knowing what is going on. There are if course lots of other answers other than those you’ve proposed such as they don’t know what they are doing or they are trying to make the club look as solvent as possible to try and sell it etc.

If you are looking to see what people think about the board, Perhaps a better question would have been a belief based question that doesn’t rely on guessing what may or may not be going on e.g. what do you believe the priorities of the board are?

A) their main priority is to do what is best for the club
B) their main priority is to do what is best for themselves
C) their priorities are fairly balanced between what is good for the club and what is good for themselves
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 7:49]
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:06 - Sep 27 with 3701 viewsItchySphincter

As cynical as I am I can’t see past option one, even if a rebuild to the Premier League isn’t on the cards. Surely housekeeping had to be the priority following relegation. I don’t think it went as well as planned but I think the intention to steady the ship was the most pressing concern.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:28 - Sep 27 with 3672 viewsMattG

I haven't voted because, while I do think it's been necessary to cut costs, I feel it's been done without enough consideration being given to the playing side.
With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:44 - Sep 27 with 3641 viewsItchySphincter

I haven't actually voted yet either, because option one is my preferred option but obviously these guys need to take money out of the club, so it's not that straight forward.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:47 - Sep 27 with 3636 viewsChief

Its probably a combination of all 3 at the same time.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:49 - Sep 27 with 3629 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 07:46 - Sep 27 by dobjack2

The point of my response is that responding to your poll is just a gut feeling that is not based on any known facts. I thought that you had made the point that posters are posting on gut feelings rather than knowing what is going on. There are if course lots of other answers other than those you’ve proposed such as they don’t know what they are doing or they are trying to make the club look as solvent as possible to try and sell it etc.

If you are looking to see what people think about the board, Perhaps a better question would have been a belief based question that doesn’t rely on guessing what may or may not be going on e.g. what do you believe the priorities of the board are?

A) their main priority is to do what is best for the club
B) their main priority is to do what is best for themselves
C) their priorities are fairly balanced between what is good for the club and what is good for themselves
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 7:49]

But that's all I wanted so thanks.

Nobody can know exactly what's going on so I was wanting to gauge what people's feelings were.

But we do have some facts to be be able to start to form an opinion.

And they are...

Relegation happened in May
Potter appointed in July
New recruitment process implemented
Players wanting to leave and actually left throughout June, July and
August.
Players coming in
New contract to McBurnie
Didn't get Woods
Pre season games
New season starts with clear different style of play
Enjoyable football and frustrations from some games
Emphasis on youth and emergence of some talent breaking through
Trust issues
Their interview revealing key information

We don't know for sure what's going to happen, some are clearly glass half full or empty. Some are downright maniacal swinging wild punches all over the shop. And yes, the list could have included more options but again, that wasn't really the point. I was just curious as to how many on here were willing to give them a chance based on what we've seen and how many think otherwise, even an option that suggests they're clearly ripping off the old girl SCFC - which incidentally is out in front now with more than half of the votes.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:53 - Sep 27 with 3617 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:28 - Sep 27 by MattG

I haven't voted because, while I do think it's been necessary to cut costs, I feel it's been done without enough consideration being given to the playing side.

But that's a different can of worms and a relegation panic sale was never going to be straightforward.

It seems to me you don't want to give them even a chance because of your time on the Trust. Basically it's what every single one of you is programmed to say, Lisa being the most vocal.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:54 - Sep 27 with 3609 views_

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:44 - Sep 27 by ItchySphincter

I haven't actually voted yet either, because option one is my preferred option but obviously these guys need to take money out of the club, so it's not that straight forward.

Well unless they sell it at a knock down price and get relative peanuts they won't be making money when we're in the Championship.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:55 - Sep 27 with 3605 viewsItchySphincter

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:47 - Sep 27 by Chief

Its probably a combination of all 3 at the same time.

Option three might imply criminal so I don't think that is the case. Make money, yes, extract it illegally, highly doubt it.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 09:02 - Sep 27 with 3587 viewsItchySphincter

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 08:54 - Sep 27 by _

Well unless they sell it at a knock down price and get relative peanuts they won't be making money when we're in the Championship.

Yes agree. So the long term goal has to be to rebuild, and at least get the club operating in the black. If that is with smaller revenue and less turnover so be it. I can't see the point otherwise. Surely, for the owners sake, we need to steady the ship, rebuild, go again. Football clubs generally don't make money and without the TV money a club like ours is basically hemorrhaging cash just to stand still, just like about 85 other clubs.

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 10:12 - Sep 27 with 3518 viewsCatullus

With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans on 22:39 - Sep 26 by _

When we got relegated from the old Division One I was gutted, this time around I was relieved.

The poll needs another choice, are the Americans trying to make us competitive AND take money from the club, which is what I'd vote.
They know another relegation will ruin any chance of profit, or getting a decent price if they sold and they won't splash cash on very good players so they turned to a cheap alternative, a manager well known for working wonders with largely unfancied players, for moulding potential into good teams.
2/3 more decent players and we'd possibly be in the top 3 now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024