Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina not so effective today 21:25 - Sep 29 with 3262 viewsswanforthemoney

Standing out on the left wing doing very little today. He needs to be more in the mix otherwise it's wasting his talent. not criticising him, just thinking he was played out of positio

I stand in the North Stand

Celina not so effective today on 21:28 - Sep 29 with 3239 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Absolutely right. A pity Mackay wasn't started on the left and Celina in the number 10 role. We were crying out for pace out wide today, particularly in the second half.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina not so effective today on 21:29 - Sep 29 with 3223 viewslifelong

We won 3-0.
Celina not so effective today on 21:38 - Sep 29 with 3184 viewsbonymine

My initial thought at the game today was the same as you ‘he’s wasted out there’ but then I looked at the positive aspect that Celina, Byers and Oli can now all play the No10 roll effectively so we’re blessed with different options and can interchange during games.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Celina not so effective today on 21:40 - Sep 29 with 3174 viewsItchySphincter

It worked very well in the end and the players were swapping positions with ease. The manager was vindicated, even though it seemed odd at first.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Celina not so effective today on 21:50 - Sep 29 with 3122 viewsbuilthjack

He was played out of position today. Kept for the number 10 role on Tuesday. That's why subbed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Celina not so effective today on 07:11 - Sep 30 with 2879 viewsjack247

I thought McBurnie had one of his best games today. He can do the physical stuff, but his creativity and football intelligence shone when CBR was taking most of that responsibility. Plus he could switch to centre forward and we’d have two threats in the box as and when required.

You can’t play him and Celina in more or less the same role, so Celina was on the left. Yes, not ideal for his skill set, but he did ok out of position and got a good hour or so under his belt after a few games out. And we won at a canter anyway.
Celina not so effective today on 08:11 - Sep 30 with 2799 views_

Celina not so effective today on 21:38 - Sep 29 by bonymine

My initial thought at the game today was the same as you ‘he’s wasted out there’ but then I looked at the positive aspect that Celina, Byers and Oli can now all play the No10 roll effectively so we’re blessed with different options and can interchange during games.

Good post. Thankfully.

And what I've been saying all season.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Celina not so effective today on 08:12 - Sep 30 with 2796 views_

TOTAL FOOTBALL

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Celina not so effective today on 08:19 - Sep 30 with 2787 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 08:12 - Sep 30 by _

TOTAL FOOTBALL

Total flexibility. Being instilled by the best coach alongside Laudrup we probably ever had tactically. You can't take the credit for that Chris!

Just enjoy it rather having to justify yourself against others. I'm loving it myself.

Celina not so effective today on 08:20 - Sep 30 with 2786 viewskarnataka

Second half I thought Celina was a bit guilty of overdoing it when he had opportunities to play people in, particularly Grimes who made 2 great overlapping runs and both times Celina chose to cut inside and run into traffic and lost the ball instead of playing Matty in for a cross. Hopefully he'll learn from that.
Celina not so effective today on 08:23 - Sep 30 with 2768 views_

Celina not so effective today on 08:19 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Total flexibility. Being instilled by the best coach alongside Laudrup we probably ever had tactically. You can't take the credit for that Chris!

Just enjoy it rather having to justify yourself against others. I'm loving it myself.

I'm not taking credit Steve, i'm sticking up for things I've said. There's a massive difference.

And total football is total flexibility. It's not what Laudrup or Rodgers had or did.

It's this.

It's the theory that your right back can play up front. That your centre mid can play at centre half.

TOTAL FOOTBALL.

That's what Potter is trying to do here. And in fairness, I called it straight away,

Celina not so effective today on 08:26 - Sep 30 with 2759 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 08:20 - Sep 30 by karnataka

Second half I thought Celina was a bit guilty of overdoing it when he had opportunities to play people in, particularly Grimes who made 2 great overlapping runs and both times Celina chose to cut inside and run into traffic and lost the ball instead of playing Matty in for a cross. Hopefully he'll learn from that.

I agree. He was naturally moving into his favoured position and lost his peripheral vision a tad. What a player though. I hope he can pull the strings from his preferred 10 position against a Wigan side with a superb home record. A point or more up there would be a fantastic result.

Celina not so effective today on 08:28 - Sep 30 with 2747 viewsDr_Winston

Celina not so effective today on 08:26 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree. He was naturally moving into his favoured position and lost his peripheral vision a tad. What a player though. I hope he can pull the strings from his preferred 10 position against a Wigan side with a superb home record. A point or more up there would be a fantastic result.

Is the Leeds game the only one Celina and Fer have started together?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Celina not so effective today on 08:31 - Sep 30 with 2728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 08:28 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Is the Leeds game the only one Celina and Fer have started together?

Millwall at we'll at least but Fer went off injured. If we could start these two every game from now til the end of the season we will go up.

Celina not so effective today on 08:37 - Sep 30 with 2713 viewsDr_Winston

Celina not so effective today on 08:31 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Millwall at we'll at least but Fer went off injured. If we could start these two every game from now til the end of the season we will go up.

Couldn't think of another. Millwall was a weird game anyway with CBR getting sent off that early.

But yeah, get and keep those two consistently starting and they'll bring the best out of each other IMO. Fer's confidence was obvious when he came on and the ball immediately started moving that bit quicker. Two of our three goals came after that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Celina not so effective today on 08:46 - Sep 30 with 2669 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 08:37 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't think of another. Millwall was a weird game anyway with CBR getting sent off that early.

But yeah, get and keep those two consistently starting and they'll bring the best out of each other IMO. Fer's confidence was obvious when he came on and the ball immediately started moving that bit quicker. Two of our three goals came after that.

Completely agree and he'll have that effect on everyone around him. Can't wait to see Mackay back and on top form not to mention Jeff. We will reall start scoring a hell of a lot of goals then. The best is yet to come.

Celina not so effective today on 09:31 - Sep 30 with 2575 viewsElmo

Celina's versatility is a joy to behold. He epitomises GP's brand of "Total Football".

To the extent I thought he was our next Leon when GP moved him to CDM to the turn the game around vs sheffield utd
Celina not so effective today on 09:40 - Sep 30 with 2550 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 09:31 - Sep 30 by Elmo

Celina's versatility is a joy to behold. He epitomises GP's brand of "Total Football".

To the extent I thought he was our next Leon when GP moved him to CDM to the turn the game around vs sheffield utd

Celina is a naturally gifted footballer whose vision and skill set are way way beyond this division. Get Fer back every game and Mackay and Jeff back and we will be the best side in this division. Someone on another thread said QPR were poor but truth be told we've played all the "favourites" now apart from West Brom with Potter having to field mostly experimental sides and we look at least the equal of all of them. Play our first choice eleven most week and we'd start hammering sides. Put Bony back in and it's a bomb just waiting to go off.

Celina not so effective today on 09:56 - Sep 30 with 2520 viewsLeonWasGod

I felt he was a bit wasted out there, but he scored some crackers from starting out wide and cutting in on his right foot. I can't wait until he really gets going as i don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of him yet. Beside, it's all about the team and yesterday worked even if his natural position may be more central.

I'd like to see a repeat performance next week. Ipswich have got off to a poor start and are leaking easy goals. We should be putting 2-3 past teams like this if we have playoff ambitions.
Celina not so effective today on 10:02 - Sep 30 with 2499 viewsomarjack

Celina not so effective today on 09:56 - Sep 30 by LeonWasGod

I felt he was a bit wasted out there, but he scored some crackers from starting out wide and cutting in on his right foot. I can't wait until he really gets going as i don't think we've seen anywhere near the best of him yet. Beside, it's all about the team and yesterday worked even if his natural position may be more central.

I'd like to see a repeat performance next week. Ipswich have got off to a poor start and are leaking easy goals. We should be putting 2-3 past teams like this if we have playoff ambitions.

We're playing Wigan away on Tuesday night before Ipswich.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Celina not so effective today on 10:13 - Sep 30 with 2471 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 10:02 - Sep 30 by omarjack

We're playing Wigan away on Tuesday night before Ipswich.

If we win these two games this week the cat will truly be out of the bag. We will no longer be able to disguise our promotion credentials.

Ipswich will be one to savour, Celina with a point to prove over Mick McCarthy. (Rubs hands gleefully)

Celina not so effective today on 10:20 - Sep 30 with 2450 viewsomarjack

Celina not so effective today on 10:13 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

If we win these two games this week the cat will truly be out of the bag. We will no longer be able to disguise our promotion credentials.

Ipswich will be one to savour, Celina with a point to prove over Mick McCarthy. (Rubs hands gleefully)

Mick McCarthy isn't managing Ipswich anymore.

Their current manager is Paul Hurst.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Celina not so effective today on 10:22 - Sep 30 with 2439 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina not so effective today on 10:20 - Sep 30 by omarjack

Mick McCarthy isn't managing Ipswich anymore.

Their current manager is Paul Hurst.

Shame.

Celina not so effective today on 11:54 - Sep 30 with 2319 viewsicecoldjack

I didn't have a problem with the selection myself, Celina needed a game after injury and potter may have been protecting his knock a little bit, don't thinking a long term thing just horses for courses.
Celina not so effective today on 14:49 - Sep 30 with 2213 viewsgiantstoneater

Thought we were a bit narrow at times we seem to move it wider and faster when Fer and Fulton came on, substitutions came just at a time when we were looking a little stale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024