Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our 'thin" squad... 07:30 - Sep 30 with 3130 views_

Routs, Dyer, Bony not even in the match day squad. Ok Bony is injured but the other 2 are fit and available,

We've literally got cover coming out of our arse including 2 No. 1 keepers.

Carter Vickers not had a single minute in 2 games, Like I said, who would drop Rodon now? Lisa Trust has gone into hiding with her cheap shots and only a tiny minority mentioning a centre back problem.

This is as close to Total football as you'll ever witness as a Swansea fan.

It's a real shame a good percentage of you can't enjoy it because you've made mugs of yourselves.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our 'thin" squad... on 08:00 - Sep 30 with 2115 viewsE20Jack

I was stunned when people kept pushing the ''1 center back at the club'' nonsense. Which then slowly turned into ''1 'senior' center back'' - while calling Rodon and the like league 2 players.

Aye, Ben Davies wasn't a 'senior' left back either. The fact he was our best left back in the modern era pales into insignificance it seems. Rodon may also be our best locally developed CB too - as was suggested at the time by those that were backing the players.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Our 'thin" squad... on 08:07 - Sep 30 with 2086 views_

Our 'thin" squad... on 08:00 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

I was stunned when people kept pushing the ''1 center back at the club'' nonsense. Which then slowly turned into ''1 'senior' center back'' - while calling Rodon and the like league 2 players.

Aye, Ben Davies wasn't a 'senior' left back either. The fact he was our best left back in the modern era pales into insignificance it seems. Rodon may also be our best locally developed CB too - as was suggested at the time by those that were backing the players.

You can tell the dissenting voices are getting quieter and quieter.

If you can't enjoy this you can't enjoy anything.

Well done the management of SCFC for giving us a Club we can be proud of again.

We do it our own way.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:00 - Sep 30 with 1988 viewstrinityann

Our 'thin" squad... on 08:07 - Sep 30 by _

We do it our own way.

Still early days to be spouting I told you so's.
Our 'thin" squad... on 09:09 - Sep 30 with 1951 viewsomarjack

Most championship squads are "thin" if you want to compare them to PL ones where there are usually 2 senior players for each position.

The squad is certainly not thin going forward. We have many options at disposal.

We have 4 senior full backs, 2 decent keepers.

But as for the CB spot, you can't blame people for being skeptical about having VDH and potentially a loanee (we didn't know about CCV coming yet) and Rodon who hasn't played at level that high in his entire career (he proved skeptics wrong and he's been massive but we didn't know it back then)

As for the midfield, It wasn't easy for most of us to swallow that Fulton and Grimes who were struggling on loan in League One are now playing in our senior squad on regular basis. Fer's injury record is poor, and Carroll is not very reliable at all times. Many, including me were crying out for an extra holding midfielder type of player. And imo, we still do.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:47 - Sep 30 with 1863 viewsLoyal

Our 'thin" squad... on 08:07 - Sep 30 by _

We do it our own way.

I agree we have a decent mix, peoples initial worries was the quality which has surprised us all. I'm surprised Carter vickers is not in the frame and very pleased to see Rodon and Roberts on top form. Just need to tie them down to decent co tracts so the clubs management can be deserving of this new tag you give them.

Never slagged the players off personally, I'm a jack see.

YOU GREEDY BASTARDS GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:51 - Sep 30 with 1840 viewsE20Jack

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:47 - Sep 30 by Loyal

I agree we have a decent mix, peoples initial worries was the quality which has surprised us all. I'm surprised Carter vickers is not in the frame and very pleased to see Rodon and Roberts on top form. Just need to tie them down to decent co tracts so the clubs management can be deserving of this new tag you give them.

Never slagged the players off personally, I'm a jack see.

YOU GREEDY BASTARDS GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

Surprised us all?

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:56 - Sep 30 with 1827 viewsLoyal

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:51 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Surprised us all?

Yes even you, have a look back.
I'm pleased though, as I can admit my inaccuracies, so you don't have to turn this in to an argument.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:57 - Sep 30 with 1817 viewsE20Jack

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:56 - Sep 30 by Loyal

Yes even you, have a look back.
I'm pleased though, as I can admit my inaccuracies, so you don't have to turn this in to an argument.

Why do you think this is an argument?

Can you point out where I doubted any of these players then?

(I didn’t by the way).

Login to get fewer ads

Our 'thin" squad... on 10:27 - Sep 30 with 1737 viewsChief

All the 'i told you so' merchants out in force today!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Our 'thin on 10:29 - Sep 30 with 1724 viewsdobjack2

We’ll disagree on this, but your optimism can’t be faulted.

The squad is still thin, certainly up front and lacks a bit of balance in midfield.

It is a long hard slog in the championship and easy to burn players out. We’ll have a better idea of where we stand after another half dozen games or so. It will also be interesting to see what happens in the next window with leavers, signings and whether key players coming to the end of their contracts have signed new ones.

However, the huge pluses have been the way the manager and staff have turned the squad around and the way players have bought into what he has trying to do.

Many players in the premier league squad looked stale and at times looked as if they were going through the motions. The players now look fresh and motivated. If we can keep scoring goals we can do well, our defence is pretty sound for this division. Perhaps our most important signings would be key defenders signing new contracts.

Still early days but at least there are smiles on people’s faces.
Our 'thin on 10:55 - Sep 30 with 1636 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our 'thin on 10:29 - Sep 30 by dobjack2

We’ll disagree on this, but your optimism can’t be faulted.

The squad is still thin, certainly up front and lacks a bit of balance in midfield.

It is a long hard slog in the championship and easy to burn players out. We’ll have a better idea of where we stand after another half dozen games or so. It will also be interesting to see what happens in the next window with leavers, signings and whether key players coming to the end of their contracts have signed new ones.

However, the huge pluses have been the way the manager and staff have turned the squad around and the way players have bought into what he has trying to do.

Many players in the premier league squad looked stale and at times looked as if they were going through the motions. The players now look fresh and motivated. If we can keep scoring goals we can do well, our defence is pretty sound for this division. Perhaps our most important signings would be key defenders signing new contracts.

Still early days but at least there are smiles on people’s faces.

Spot on.

We are a couple of players short. Which most clubs always are at any given time.

Are people still saying that Potter has been lied to and “f*cked over”?
Our 'thin" squad... on 11:11 - Sep 30 with 1600 viewsmagicdaps10

This is Chris for gods sake, he has a history of

*making silly statements
*getting excited/carried away
*calling people vile names
*having a poor understanding on how to deal with others opinions
*ending up with egg on his face
*not learning from his mistakes.

We are 10 games into the season mind.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:18 - Sep 30 with 1586 viewsjasper_T

If you look back I was always confident the best u23s players would step up and be competitive at this level. Potter was spot on when he said the squad is a lot bigger than people think, a lot of PL fans simply don't count players they haven't seen on MotD.

Please ignore the time(s) I called CBR a carthorse, tia.

And when I said I didn't really rate Rodon.
Our 'thin" squad... on 11:29 - Sep 30 with 1563 viewsmagicdaps10

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:18 - Sep 30 by jasper_T

If you look back I was always confident the best u23s players would step up and be competitive at this level. Potter was spot on when he said the squad is a lot bigger than people think, a lot of PL fans simply don't count players they haven't seen on MotD.

Please ignore the time(s) I called CBR a carthorse, tia.

And when I said I didn't really rate Rodon.

It is all about learning from your experience. I put my hands up on Rodon, I was worried on him but he has been a revelation but lets not forget his age....will he struggle over a 46 game season?

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:31 - Sep 30 with 1558 viewsmagicdaps10

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:29 - Sep 30 by magicdaps10

It is all about learning from your experience. I put my hands up on Rodon, I was worried on him but he has been a revelation but lets not forget his age....will he struggle over a 46 game season?

Must add, we are 10 games in, very naive to state that there is nothing to worry on the strength of our squad at this point.

The squad is thin and already we have gad injuries, wait for the winter months, burn out and fatigue to kick in.

Think this post needs bookmarking.

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:57 - Sep 30 with 1520 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Our 'thin" squad... on 08:00 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

It is centre back not center back. Centre is the English uk spelling.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Our 'thin" squad... on 12:01 - Sep 30 with 1507 viewsLoyal

Our 'thin" squad... on 09:57 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Why do you think this is an argument?

Can you point out where I doubted any of these players then?

(I didn’t by the way).

Naughton for sure.

Our 'thin" squad... on 12:29 - Sep 30 with 1438 viewsAngelRangelQS

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:31 - Sep 30 by magicdaps10

Must add, we are 10 games in, very naive to state that there is nothing to worry on the strength of our squad at this point.

The squad is thin and already we have gad injuries, wait for the winter months, burn out and fatigue to kick in.

Think this post needs bookmarking.

What position is worrying you??

The fact that we’ve had lots of injuries and are still coping admirably is surely evidence that the squad can cope with injuries?
Our 'thin" squad... on 12:47 - Sep 30 with 1405 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are we going to have threads of “I told you we were awesome” or “I told you we were f*cked” (delete as appropriate) after every win or defeat?

How about we all just accept that we all want what’s best for the club we all support. Personally I’ve loved this season so far. Potter continues to work minor miracles with the squad he has and more power to him.

Poll: Tory leader

Our 'thin" squad... on 12:50 - Sep 30 with 1399 viewsjacksfullaces

to assume some of these players would step up shows faith but no great insight.

we are not top of the league, we are competitive.

it is a good start .. in the championship ..

neither side of the argument should claim the spoils yet
Our 'thin" squad... on 13:12 - Sep 30 with 1347 views_

Our 'thin" squad... on 12:47 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Are we going to have threads of “I told you we were awesome” or “I told you we were f*cked” (delete as appropriate) after every win or defeat?

How about we all just accept that we all want what’s best for the club we all support. Personally I’ve loved this season so far. Potter continues to work minor miracles with the squad he has and more power to him.

What's it matter to you? You're well and truly indoctrinated into the Trust's mantra of silence is golden.

Our 'thin" squad... on 13:13 - Sep 30 with 1342 viewsFireboy2

Our 'thin" squad... on 12:47 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Perfectly explained clasey

Was going to post that potter is our best signing as he is slowly making a silk purse out of a sows ear

But we are only 10 games in and as some have already stated we have already had injuries and will probably get more as the winter months arrive

Potter has worked his magic until present,he might have to work some miracles in the coming months

I hope not as if we are lucky enough we could mount a serious challenge to the top 6
Our 'thin" squad... on 13:16 - Sep 30 with 1335 views_

Our 'thin" squad... on 13:13 - Sep 30 by Fireboy2

Perfectly explained clasey

Was going to post that potter is our best signing as he is slowly making a silk purse out of a sows ear

But we are only 10 games in and as some have already stated we have already had injuries and will probably get more as the winter months arrive

Potter has worked his magic until present,he might have to work some miracles in the coming months

I hope not as if we are lucky enough we could mount a serious challenge to the top 6

Football clubs get injuries???!

World class poster.

Our 'thin" squad... on 13:44 - Sep 30 with 1247 viewswestside

We could of done with another striker especially if it was known Bony wasn't ready for the start of the season.

Look at West Brom with Dwight Gayle.

Could have picked up a few more valuable points
Our 'thin" squad... on 13:52 - Sep 30 with 1224 viewsE20Jack

Our 'thin" squad... on 11:57 - Sep 30 by felixstowe_jack

It is centre back not center back. Centre is the English uk spelling.

No such thing as “UK spelling” you berk.

You may use either. Just as I correctly do.

Get used to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024