Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK 16:15 - Sep 30 with 7147 viewstrampie

A no deal Brexit could lead to the breakup of the UK, Ireland might unite and Scotland might well leave the union, support for Wales to leave will grow if either Scotland or N.Ireland go, if both go the possibility of Wales becoming independent will greatly increase.

Unionists wanting to leave the EU is potentially going to destroy the union state of the UK, one has to laugh at the unionists .

Wales wont stand for perpetual right wing Governments that Westminster will provide, Wales wont stand for the increased poverty and austerity of the let the rich get richer and the poor get poorer policies from England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 13:32 - Oct 4 with 1626 viewsCatullus

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 09:34 - Oct 4 by Nookiejack

Macron and Verhofstadt want a United States of Europe with full political, economic and fiscal integration.

This means harmonisation of taxes and so Republic of Ireland loses its competitive advantage in haveing one of the lowest corporation tax rates on the world. That is why it has been able to attract the US tech giants etc so that they can park their profits in a low tax rate jurisdiction.

The EU has already started this process in respect of taking Republic of Ireland to court re $15bn of Apple back taxes.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/eu-takes

Irelans then will have lost its tax advantage when EU harmonises taxes - but will still be locked into one exchange rate and the same interest rate that thw ECB decides for the whole of Eurozone.

I think the Republic of Ireland may well struggle, similar to Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

Then lets remember that ROI turned down the EU once, they were struggling then but the EU pumped money in like there's no tommorrow before the next vote and the good people of Eire fell for it.
Now the money has dried up Eire will struggle again. It recently became a net contributor for the first time and payments are expected to rise, especially after Brexit.
As you say, harmonisation will have a big effect.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 15:59 - Oct 4 with 1604 viewspikeypaul

Eire were told to go vote again and this time come back with the correct answer by the EU.

This they did bending down and taking it up the Jacksi from their masters in the EU.

Total cowards .

When it then went tits up they came to Westminster with their begging bowl( not for the 1st time) and we bailed them out.

176 AFLI

SIUYRL

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 16:21 - Oct 4 with 1600 viewsBytholWyn

You would have thought that people would welcome the EU clamping down on the huge American-owned multinationals, such as Apple and Amazon - who have exploited loopholes in the EU tax-systems to gain an unfair competitive advantage. But, no, because it's the big bad EU taking action it must be wrong...

I wouldn't worry about Ireland, they'll be just fine. Growth in Ireland is stronger than in any other EU country - helped by increased investment from multinational companies wanting an unproblematic English-speaking foothold in Europe.

Not surprised to see the Dic Sion Dafydds on this board doing down the roaring success of our Celtic neighbours. Wouldn't want that inferiority complex to be shaken would we?
Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 21:40 - Oct 4 with 1576 viewsCatullus

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 16:21 - Oct 4 by BytholWyn

You would have thought that people would welcome the EU clamping down on the huge American-owned multinationals, such as Apple and Amazon - who have exploited loopholes in the EU tax-systems to gain an unfair competitive advantage. But, no, because it's the big bad EU taking action it must be wrong...

I wouldn't worry about Ireland, they'll be just fine. Growth in Ireland is stronger than in any other EU country - helped by increased investment from multinational companies wanting an unproblematic English-speaking foothold in Europe.

Not surprised to see the Dic Sion Dafydds on this board doing down the roaring success of our Celtic neighbours. Wouldn't want that inferiority complex to be shaken would we?

the investment you mention, isn't that the profits the EU is trying to tax?

Eire, as I said above, has stopped being a net taker and is now a net contributor, things will change now they have to give more than they get.

An inferiority complex is when you think you're not good enough, Wales in the UK is good enough, the EU isn't.
Funny that you who would dump the UK think thats so much better but fail to realise you are automatically saying that little old Wales is inferior and must sign up to the EU.

Us Dic Sion Dafydds are happy being British thank you, our motives aren't driven by a hatred for all things English.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 14:32 - Nov 30 with 1372 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 14:57 - Nov 30 with 1351 viewsHighjack

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 14:32 - Nov 30 by trampie

We’re they banned or just not invited?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 15:34 - Nov 30 with 1335 viewsJosey_Wales37

Just thought some might be interested in economics expert at from Swansea uni thoughts https://t.co/ybjMI6MYXS . And also point out to some that there now an alternative to Plaid Cymru that now seems to be on the rise https://eingwlad.wales/ . This also worth a read https://www.yes.cymru/independence .
Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 16:17 - Nov 30 with 1325 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 09:34 - Oct 4 by Nookiejack

Macron and Verhofstadt want a United States of Europe with full political, economic and fiscal integration.

This means harmonisation of taxes and so Republic of Ireland loses its competitive advantage in haveing one of the lowest corporation tax rates on the world. That is why it has been able to attract the US tech giants etc so that they can park their profits in a low tax rate jurisdiction.

The EU has already started this process in respect of taking Republic of Ireland to court re $15bn of Apple back taxes.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/eu-takes

Irelans then will have lost its tax advantage when EU harmonises taxes - but will still be locked into one exchange rate and the same interest rate that thw ECB decides for the whole of Eurozone.

I think the Republic of Ireland may well struggle, similar to Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

I would worry about Wales if i was you.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 16:18 - Nov 30 with 1324 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 15:59 - Oct 4 by pikeypaul

Eire were told to go vote again and this time come back with the correct answer by the EU.

This they did bending down and taking it up the Jacksi from their masters in the EU.

Total cowards .

When it then went tits up they came to Westminster with their begging bowl( not for the 1st time) and we bailed them out.

176 AFLI

SIUYRL

They dont take orders from London like Wales. FTQ.

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 19:53 - Nov 30 with 1280 viewsCatullus

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 16:17 - Nov 30 by Kilkennyjack

I would worry about Wales if i was you.

It was maybe worrying about Wales that led to a post pointing out where Eire is/will be in the near future.
You are one of those who would leave the UK but then tie us to the EU so pointing out any issues with the EU is necessary.
It's interestin though that you should say such a thing as if you cannot have anything said about the EU that doesn't match your views.
Lets face it, you don't want Wales in the UK being told what to do by Westminster yet you'll happily accept the EU ordering us about as a good thing. Do you deny the EU has federalist intentions? Do you think Verhofstadt's recent outburst was an anomaly and not based on any long term EU plan?

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 22:04 - Nov 30 with 1265 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 19:53 - Nov 30 by Catullus

It was maybe worrying about Wales that led to a post pointing out where Eire is/will be in the near future.
You are one of those who would leave the UK but then tie us to the EU so pointing out any issues with the EU is necessary.
It's interestin though that you should say such a thing as if you cannot have anything said about the EU that doesn't match your views.
Lets face it, you don't want Wales in the UK being told what to do by Westminster yet you'll happily accept the EU ordering us about as a good thing. Do you deny the EU has federalist intentions? Do you think Verhofstadt's recent outburst was an anomaly and not based on any long term EU plan?

Here’s the thing, right ... the British border in Ireland debate. Scotland no say, wales no say. ireland in EU, full say.

So the option is an adult modern relationship with Europe, or a childlike existence with London calling all the shots.

Brexit is an ugly Farage inspired english nationalism and failed english exceptionalism.
They do not give a feck about Wales. Feck em.

Brexit could cause the breakup of the UK on 17:15 - Dec 5 with 1163 viewstrampie

A leading SNP politician said in the house today words to the effect that if there is another Brexit referendum and the English yet again vote leave and Scotland yet again vote remain they will seek another independence vote [ and no doubt would get it in that circumstance]and as political watches know they may well win at the second time of asking anyway but against the Brexit backdrop about being pulled out of the EU against their will in that scenario it might well be odds on that Scotland will break from the union.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024