Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brief Sunday Times match report 17:55 - Sep 30 with 936 viewsGlyn1

The Sunday Times is behind a paywall, so I thought I'd post it here. It's from their round-up of Championship matches which is why it's short and succinct.

“This was more like it from Swansea, albeit against a shocking Queens Park Rangers side. Graham Potter’s men had waited 291 minutes for a goal after a poor run of form, but the home crowd were treated to three in what was a procession to victory.

What should worry Steve McClaren, the visitors’ manager, is this could have been five or six — not that he thought that — but that will not matter to Swansea.

Courtney Baker-Richardson’s first senior goal ended Swansea’s drought and the excellent Connor Roberts and Jay Fulton made the game safe with second half strikes.

A delighted Potter had seen his side produce the goods, with the often-maligned Kyle Naughton also delivering a fine display. He was joined by Roberts and Oli McBurnie in excelling.

“I’m really proud of the players,” Potter said. “We spoke before the game that we haven’t played that well at home so I’m pleased to get three points, three goals and a clean sheet.”

“I’m disappointed with the scoreline. It was not a 3-0 game,” McClaren said."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Brief Sunday Times match report on 19:48 - Sep 30 with 730 viewsjacabertawe

No McLaren, you plonker: it should have been a 6-0 game!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024