Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? 20:37 - Sep 30 with 4301 viewsJFSwan

Used a few times now as a true right winger rather than a wing back, his aggressive running really pins the opposition back. Won't see many step overs but his athleticism alone drags plays away to free up room for the more skillfull.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:42 - Sep 30 with 4273 viewsmagicdaps10

Was thinking on this yesterday. He has bags of energy and such a strong runner that I thought he could be a good option in central midfield, when he breaks, he reminds me a lot of David Penney.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:47 - Sep 30 with 4248 viewsgrampajack

Just goes to show that an enthusiastic player giving his all can slot in to suit the team and be reasonably successful. Go Connor.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:51 - Sep 30 with 4222 viewsswanforthemoney

He will be playing Premier League after Christmas

I stand in the North Stand

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:56 - Sep 30 with 4203 viewssherpajacob

I understand he played as a striker in his youth,

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:59 - Sep 30 with 4191 viewslonglostjack

Needs to work on getting a bit more lift on his crosses.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 21:41 - Sep 30 with 4063 viewsKilkennyjack

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:42 - Sep 30 by magicdaps10

Was thinking on this yesterday. He has bags of energy and such a strong runner that I thought he could be a good option in central midfield, when he breaks, he reminds me a lot of David Penney.

Wide player for me.

Too much traffic in the middle.
Connor needs room to use his strong running game.

I have been wrong before.

He scores when he wants.

Beware of the Risen People

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 09:25 - Oct 1 with 3753 viewsSwan91

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:59 - Sep 30 by longlostjack

Needs to work on getting a bit more lift on his crosses.

agree... does so well in running and getting in a good position for a cross... but struggles to cross.. that is the only part of his game i get a little frustrated with. but it has been the case for our wingers to be like that for a long time. He can improve on it though.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 10:01 - Oct 1 with 3716 viewsBadlands

Will he have to leave Swnansea to approach his potential in the way Bale had to leave Soton?
Similar but not quite as complete a player as Bale - left back moved to full back in the Championship.
Dilemma - what is best for Connor is probably not what is best for Swansea.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 10:03]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 11:50 - Oct 1 with 3637 viewsdcd14

Sheep dog.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 07:44 - Oct 3 with 3371 viewsKilkennyjack

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 11:50 - Oct 1 by dcd14

Sheep dog.

?

Beware of the Risen People

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 09:00 - Oct 3 with 3235 viewsawayjack

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 10:01 - Oct 1 by Badlands

Will he have to leave Swnansea to approach his potential in the way Bale had to leave Soton?
Similar but not quite as complete a player as Bale - left back moved to full back in the Championship.
Dilemma - what is best for Connor is probably not what is best for Swansea.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 10:03]

Why the Bale comparison? Completely different players. Roberts has done well in a handful of games in the Championship.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 09:26 - Oct 3 with 3211 viewsdcd14

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 07:44 - Oct 3 by Kilkennyjack

?

Based on his work ethic.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 10:39 - Oct 3 with 3136 viewsomarjack

Naughton as RB with Roberts given more freedom to go forward isn't a bad idea at all.

After all, None of our wingers, despite being many, have succeeded in cementing a guaranteed start. Asoro underwhelmed, James is not very experienced, McKay isn't anything special. Montero is brilliant but as we all know he's always injured, Dyer and Routledge are past it.

I'd say It's worth a try to put him up high.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 10:52 - Oct 3 with 3118 viewsjasper_T

We look better with him on the wing because he covers a lot of ground, gets stuck in defensively, and his movement has always been pretty smart in the final third, but it's not his best position.

Isn't going to beat defenders one on one very often, not much of a cross on him (especially on the move) and isn't a natural finisher (getting better, though). Completely different situation to Bale who was always limited as a fullback but was scoring worldies in youth teams.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 12:07 - Oct 3 with 3053 viewsJacket

Didn't think it worked for him for Wales against Denmark, but worked to a point last night. Right back his best position for me.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 18:30 - Oct 5 with 2805 viewsBadlands

Not sure Connor's willingness to play in different positions is in his best interest, great for us but no him.
Imo he's not going to develop as a full back, wing back or wing.
In January I'd bring Rangel back, play Naughton in midfield where he's been far better value than at full back.
Play Connor as wing back with three CBs away from home and as a wide midfield player with Angel behind (in a 4 man defence) at home.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 20:05 - Oct 5 with 2738 viewsscruffyjack

Right back for me, playing behind a good winger.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 22:24 - Oct 5 with 2669 viewsbonymine

13/1 to score anytime against Ipswich tmw lump on lads 👍😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 22:58 - Oct 5 with 2638 viewsItchySphincter

I like him. I think he's a good player. He doesn't look like a Premier League player to me though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 22:59 - Oct 5 with 2637 viewsomarjack

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 22:58 - Oct 5 by ItchySphincter

I like him. I think he's a good player. He doesn't look like a Premier League player to me though.

So he fits right in with us.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 09:57 - Oct 6 with 2547 viewsEU5Makaveli

Definitely an option there, long term I can see him being predominantly used as a full back or even wing back though.
Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 10:01 - Oct 6 with 2540 viewsDr_Winston

Needs to back himself more often. Quite a few times against QPR he was 1-2-1 against the fullback but didn't take him on, when he could have beaten him. He's got ability but with more confidence will hopefully come more effectiveness.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 13:29 - Oct 6 with 2478 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts conversion to winger ? on 10:01 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Needs to back himself more often. Quite a few times against QPR he was 1-2-1 against the fullback but didn't take him on, when he could have beaten him. He's got ability but with more confidence will hopefully come more effectiveness.

Agree, bags of potential. Far from the finished article.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024