Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship a hard league? 09:54 - Oct 1 with 6948 viewsJBG

Where? Played some sh1t sides so far,and 3 of them above us, who thinks this league is nothing to shout about so far?
Championship a hard league? on 10:04 - Oct 1 with 4023 viewsBadlands

Totally agree.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Championship a hard league? on 10:06 - Oct 1 with 4020 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone who watched a Cardiff side that bad finish second last season could have told you that. Predictions of our imminent double relegation were always hysterical nonsense.

The quality at this level now is a shadow of what it was when we were last here. With Potter in charge and decent cover for Fer, Montero or McB we could piss this division.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Championship a hard league? on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 3975 viewsCooperman

It’s a hard / difficult league from the point of view of intensity - regular Saturday / midweek / Saturday match cycles. Whilst all 24 clubs are in the same position in terms of games to be played, not all squad depths are equal and nobody can predict injuries. I’m reasonably comfortable with our strength in depth and my level of positivity is perhaps more than most in this respect, although I admit that I was a little more nervous back in August.

As for the standard of football, I didn’t watch that much Championship football over recent years and I have been a little surprised to see how poor some of the football is. Dr Winston is right in what he says above.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Championship a hard league? on 10:27 - Oct 1 with 3952 viewsJBG

Championship a hard league? on 10:06 - Oct 1 by Dr_Winston

Anyone who watched a Cardiff side that bad finish second last season could have told you that. Predictions of our imminent double relegation were always hysterical nonsense.

The quality at this level now is a shadow of what it was when we were last here. With Potter in charge and decent cover for Fer, Montero or McB we could piss this division.

well i didn't watch any games last season in the championship Dr, but agree with you obviously, our win against Wolves was my only yardstick and we where a better side that night by far
Has you said some hysterical people on here
Championship a hard league? on 10:30 - Oct 1 with 3941 viewsjack247

I’ve been surprised by how poor it’s been. Not sure if it’s rose tinted glasses or my expectations are higher, but it seemed much better last time we were in it.
Championship a hard league? on 10:33 - Oct 1 with 3913 viewsDippy

The standard is not as good.. I watched a Ligue 1 and an MLS game on the weekend.. and both were better than some of the stuff in the Championship.

Poll: Cooper Out

Championship a hard league? on 11:52 - Oct 1 with 3845 viewsDr_Winston

Championship a hard league? on 10:27 - Oct 1 by JBG

well i didn't watch any games last season in the championship Dr, but agree with you obviously, our win against Wolves was my only yardstick and we where a better side that night by far
Has you said some hysterical people on here

Probably would have beaten them in the first game if not for Fer being sent off.

It's a competitive league in terms of the physical aspect but quality wise it's not all that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Championship a hard league? on 12:21 - Oct 1 with 3793 viewsTom1912

It's a tough league because the intensity, number of games and physicality and not because of the standard of football.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship a hard league? on 12:26 - Oct 1 with 3775 viewsjasper_T

Championship a hard league? on 12:21 - Oct 1 by Tom1912

It's a tough league because the intensity, number of games and physicality and not because of the standard of football.

You wouldn't have thought that reading here during the summer. We'll be surprised how good it is, they said. Our eyes will be opened, they said. Load of tosh.
Championship a hard league? on 13:06 - Oct 1 with 3706 viewsJJJack

Championship a hard league? on 11:52 - Oct 1 by Dr_Winston

Probably would have beaten them in the first game if not for Fer being sent off.

It's a competitive league in terms of the physical aspect but quality wise it's not all that.

I watched us stroll to victory at Reading and our reserves draw at Wednesday and then easily win the replay so I’d also throw that in as evidence of the mediocrity of the Championship.
Championship a hard league? on 16:00 - Oct 1 with 3556 viewsCatullus

Championship a hard league? on 10:30 - Oct 1 by jack247

I’ve been surprised by how poor it’s been. Not sure if it’s rose tinted glasses or my expectations are higher, but it seemed much better last time we were in it.

This. Last tiem around there were much better quality teams but then, I think the Premier league has less quality now than when we first arrived, it's become concentrated in the top 6/7 but below that most teams were poorer than 7 years ago and just worked hard, certainly harder than us.

It's hard because of the number of games and the physicality of many of the teams. Birmingham and Forest were much tougher, more willing to put the boot in than QPR, we'll see that with others too.
Wait til the winter is in full swing and there's heavy pitches, freezing rain and the wind is whipping around, then the youngsters will be tested much more than QPR did Saturday.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Championship a hard league? on 16:03 - Oct 1 with 3547 viewsHighjack

We’re 7th

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Championship a hard league? on 16:28 - Oct 1 with 3507 viewsawayjack

It’s early days but not seen much quality from the teams we’ve played so far. We were unlucky in both defeats and should’ve beaten the pundits darlings Leeds. I thought we’d finish mid-table but based on how many of our players have stepped-up, a play-off spot is viable. Still a long way to go. I suspect Stoke fans think it’s very hard League!
Championship a hard league? on 16:36 - Oct 1 with 3491 viewsbyron

Championship a hard league? on 16:03 - Oct 1 by Highjack

We’re 7th

You were 14th 3 days ago. You jumped 7 places due to the good fortune of all those around you losing. You couldn’t make it up, thought Leeds and Stoke were going to fly it?
Don’t try and predict the league, any9ne can beat anyone.

Benny

Championship a hard league? on 16:43 - Oct 1 with 3481 viewsvetchonian

Championship a hard league? on 16:36 - Oct 1 by byron

You were 14th 3 days ago. You jumped 7 places due to the good fortune of all those around you losing. You couldn’t make it up, thought Leeds and Stoke were going to fly it?
Don’t try and predict the league, any9ne can beat anyone.

Unless you are CCFC!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Championship a hard league? on 18:02 - Oct 1 with 3420 viewsBillyChong

It is an unpredictable league, and one of poor standard so far.
Championship a hard league? on 18:46 - Oct 1 with 3359 viewsmarchamjack

The overall standard of the league is much worse than I expected.

On the ‘you can only beat what’s in front of you’ we’re doing better than I expected in it.

We’re clearly one of the better footballing teams (the bar is low) in the purest sense and getting more so as the games carry on, which is a joy (well it’s all relative) to see and again, more so than I expected.

I can see now how an organised Warnock team got out this league (the poor bstds now 😀)

Hopefully the rest of this league remain as poor and we continue to improve 👍

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Championship a hard league? on 18:51 - Oct 1 with 3338 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Championship a hard league? on 18:46 - Oct 1 by marchamjack

The overall standard of the league is much worse than I expected.

On the ‘you can only beat what’s in front of you’ we’re doing better than I expected in it.

We’re clearly one of the better footballing teams (the bar is low) in the purest sense and getting more so as the games carry on, which is a joy (well it’s all relative) to see and again, more so than I expected.

I can see now how an organised Warnock team got out this league (the poor bstds now 😀)

Hopefully the rest of this league remain as poor and we continue to improve 👍

Keep Fer fit, try to keep Jeff fit and get Bony back and we'll win this.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Championship a hard league? on 18:57 - Oct 1 with 3318 viewsmarchamjack

The absolutely amazing thing is, we really could

Which is a sign of both how crap this league is and how Potter has turned the little he’s been given and inherited into an actual worthy team

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Championship a hard league? on 19:00 - Oct 1 with 3307 viewsJackfath

I've been perusing this concept for a few weeks. I cannot fathom out why the league is now of a lower standard than it was 7 years ago. What has happened in that time for this to be the case?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Championship a hard league? on 19:07 - Oct 1 with 3282 viewsomarjack

Championship a hard league? on 19:00 - Oct 1 by Jackfath

I've been perusing this concept for a few weeks. I cannot fathom out why the league is now of a lower standard than it was 7 years ago. What has happened in that time for this to be the case?

You got used to much more superior PL football that's what happened.

It's been even more sh!t in the past tbh.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Championship a hard league? on 19:09 - Oct 1 with 3272 viewsJackfath

Championship a hard league? on 19:07 - Oct 1 by omarjack

You got used to much more superior PL football that's what happened.

It's been even more sh!t in the past tbh.

I am not sure. The standard was better 7 years ago. We also had better players, or did we? Would any of our promotion year side get into Potter's side?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Championship a hard league? on 19:13 - Oct 1 with 3263 viewsItchySphincter

Championship a hard league? on 19:00 - Oct 1 by Jackfath

I don't know if it poorer? We're calibrating it against the PL which in itself is very peculiar. The football in this league is far more enjoyable than recent PL seasons because the teams are more equal. The Premier League of recent seasons has become packed with the highest quality players turning out a very poor quality brand of football every week. It's a misnomer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Championship a hard league? on 19:17 - Oct 1 with 3252 viewskrunchykarrot

Championship a hard league? on 12:21 - Oct 1 by Tom1912

Couldnt have put it better spot on, physically demanding getting tougher as it goes.
Championship a hard league? on 19:20 - Oct 1 with 3238 viewslonglostjack

Championship a hard league? on 19:09 - Oct 1 by Jackfath

I am not sure. The standard was better 7 years ago. We also had better players, or did we? Would any of our promotion year side get into Potter's side?

Sinclair, Ash, Leon, Borini, Dyer and Allen.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024