Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now 20:39 - Oct 1 with 1889 viewsCatullus

It's only 8 minutes in and already I'm disgusted and ashamed of what we are doing to our planet, to the wildlife.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 20:40 - Oct 1 with 1883 viewslifelong

It’s dreadful.
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 20:50 - Oct 1 with 1852 viewsjack2jack

Thanks for the heads up Cat, interesting and truly shocking at the same time.
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 21:00 - Oct 1 with 1831 viewsohsusannah

Not sure if it's too late for this generation .

Plastic was a positive revolution for us that has now enveloped us all .

Back to glass
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 10:31 - Oct 2 with 1706 viewsCatullus

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 21:00 - Oct 1 by ohsusannah

Not sure if it's too late for this generation .

Plastic was a positive revolution for us that has now enveloped us all .

Back to glass

It could be too late for the entire planet. Micro plastics are in the food chain. The section where they were making young birds vomit to get plastic out of their stomachs was......well I haven't the words. The record was apparently over 200 pieces. It's quite possible we have already destroyed the ecosystems, started the process of destruction of wildlife purely by just being wasteful, selfish litterbugs.
Theresa May apparently has a 25 year plan to cut plastic use......25years!!!! We could do it in 5 years easily if governments would pass the laws needed.

I propose a law that all plastic wrapping is replaced with bioidegradeable wrapping within 5 years....job done. Businesses have to get on with it......problem is money talks and greedy politicians will listen to the lobbysists and corporate nay sayers before caring that we are literally destroying our world.
Never mind spending billions on guns and bombs, we need to spend it on cleaning up the oceans.
https://www.ecowatch.com/paul-watson-if-the-ocean-dies-we-die-1882105818.html

Maybe people should get as wound up and as proactive about the environment as they are about brexit, if the seas die brexit will be about as important as what I'm having for tea.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:07 - Oct 2 with 1679 viewscontroversial_jack

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 10:31 - Oct 2 by Catullus

It could be too late for the entire planet. Micro plastics are in the food chain. The section where they were making young birds vomit to get plastic out of their stomachs was......well I haven't the words. The record was apparently over 200 pieces. It's quite possible we have already destroyed the ecosystems, started the process of destruction of wildlife purely by just being wasteful, selfish litterbugs.
Theresa May apparently has a 25 year plan to cut plastic use......25years!!!! We could do it in 5 years easily if governments would pass the laws needed.

I propose a law that all plastic wrapping is replaced with bioidegradeable wrapping within 5 years....job done. Businesses have to get on with it......problem is money talks and greedy politicians will listen to the lobbysists and corporate nay sayers before caring that we are literally destroying our world.
Never mind spending billions on guns and bombs, we need to spend it on cleaning up the oceans.
https://www.ecowatch.com/paul-watson-if-the-ocean-dies-we-die-1882105818.html

Maybe people should get as wound up and as proactive about the environment as they are about brexit, if the seas die brexit will be about as important as what I'm having for tea.

Every country has to do it not just us.
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:07 - Oct 2 with 1679 viewsohsusannah

Catullus
That is a staggering post.

It's as we should feel.
We are killing our planet and have done for centuries but ,these days , we should be more savvy.

Ff
We were on holiday recently and felt the need to forage along a five mile beach picking up plastic bottles ,tops and various plastic detritus.

We live on the coast and have joined a group to clear our beaches of man made ,man left crap.

We should all be doing this
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 11:08]
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 16:04 - Oct 2 with 1605 viewsCatullus

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:07 - Oct 2 by controversial_jack

Every country has to do it not just us.

Well yes obviously. It would make zero difference if it was just the UK. The rich and politicians though, they don't care about the future, they either think their millions will somehow protect them from what's coming or they don't care about their kids futures.

It's all me me me, now now now with no thoughts for anyone or anything else.

Then there's the ignorant, selfish, uncaring trash that happily despoils our surroundings but complain when others do it, rules only apply to other people see.

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 16:18 - Oct 2 with 1600 viewsDarran

Ive gone a bit nutty over plastic. I even keep a small plastic bottle and put smaller bits of plastic inside and screw it up tight so they don’t get lost.

Those fuçking tag things on new clothes for instance makes my blood boil.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 1558 viewscontroversial_jack

Even our monetary notes are plastic, but I don't hear anyone complaining about those
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 19:18 - Oct 2 with 1524 viewsHighjack

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 18:40 - Oct 2 by controversial_jack

Even our monetary notes are plastic, but I don't hear anyone complaining about those

People don’t tend to throw money in the bin.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 19:24 - Oct 2 with 1517 viewsBillyChong

The strange thing is the posts I’ve seen from people on social media etc following this programme are by people who drive big 4 x 4 vehicles around town every day!
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 20:54 - Oct 2 with 1476 viewsCatullus

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 19:24 - Oct 2 by BillyChong

The strange thing is the posts I’ve seen from people on social media etc following this programme are by people who drive big 4 x 4 vehicles around town every day!

There are people around here who drive their kids the 4-500 yards (or less) to school every day, then pick them up. Several in big 4x4/SUV type cars that I have no idea how they can afford unless it's on disability!!!

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 10:15 - Oct 3 with 1402 viewslifelong

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 19:24 - Oct 2 by BillyChong

This is a fair point, however, there are still people who simply will not recycle plastic waste. Take a walk along any popular coastal path or visit a busy beach after a nice day, you will see plastic bottles, plastic bags, cigarette ends etc scattered everywhere.
Some people will not even complete the simple task of putting their plastic waste into pink plastic waste bags and put them out for collection.
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:33 - Oct 3 with 1380 viewsLeonWasGod

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 19:18 - Oct 2 by Highjack

How do you explain us buying Clucas then?
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:38 - Oct 3 with 1376 viewsLeonWasGod

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 10:15 - Oct 3 by lifelong

This is a fair point, however, there are still people who simply will not recycle plastic waste. Take a walk along any popular coastal path or visit a busy beach after a nice day, you will see plastic bottles, plastic bags, cigarette ends etc scattered everywhere.
Some people will not even complete the simple task of putting their plastic waste into pink plastic waste bags and put them out for collection.

Getting sidetracked, but people who throw cigarette butts out or their car windows, or even worse tip the whole ash tray. Twâts.
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:41 - Oct 3 with 1371 viewscontroversial_jack

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 19:18 - Oct 2 by Highjack

Of course, but I find it ironic with all the outcry over plastic, we go and change all our notes over to plastic
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:51 - Oct 3 with 1364 viewsBatterseajack

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 16:04 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Well yes obviously. It would make zero difference if it was just the UK. The rich and politicians though, they don't care about the future, they either think their millions will somehow protect them from what's coming or they don't care about their kids futures.

It's all me me me, now now now with no thoughts for anyone or anything else.

Then there's the ignorant, selfish, uncaring trash that happily despoils our surroundings but complain when others do it, rules only apply to other people see.

Maybe the way to tackle this is to have a multi national organisation which has the cooperation of many nations and a market which offers rewards to those companies that tackle this plastic issue.
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 12:30 - Oct 3 with 1345 viewscontroversial_jack

Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 11:51 - Oct 3 by Batterseajack

Maybe the way to tackle this is to have a multi national organisation which has the cooperation of many nations and a market which offers rewards to those companies that tackle this plastic issue.

Do you believe the world's biggest consumer nation the US under Trump would go along with that -America first1
Drowning in Plastic, BBC1 now on 12:35 - Oct 3 with 1342 viewsMo_Wives

Thought this was going to be a documentary about being a Man Utd fan.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024