Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone 22:20 - Oct 1 with 8322 views_

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/behind-scenes-swans-t

A six figure investment to make our streaming service a joy to watch and something to be proud of.

Also giving ex Swans a chance to feel a part of the Club.

Can the usual suspects give credit where it's due.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 22:48 - Oct 1 with 5189 viewsDarran

It’s on the red button mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 22:52 - Oct 1 with 5170 viewsjacksfullaces

I didn't realise all the midweek games were on Sky Sports, that's pretty good if you have Sky Sports. Might finally get my moneys worth!
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 00:31 - Oct 2 with 5013 viewswobbly

I’ve been able to watch a few of these when away from Swansea. Very impressive now and they have quickly got over some early season gremlins.
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 00:31 - Oct 2 with 5007 viewsLoyal

Not sure what the point of this is, would be more interested in the actual real viewing figures and real revenue recieved.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 06:31 - Oct 2 with 4913 viewspeenemunde

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 00:31 - Oct 2 by Loyal

Not sure what the point of this is, would be more interested in the actual real viewing figures and real revenue recieved.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Ffs
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 08:43 - Oct 2 with 4802 viewsItchySphincter

I wouldn't have thought that they're too concerned about return on investment at this stage, it's more about getting the service up and running and gauging interest. Having some of idea of the kit they're using and the way it works they've definitely gone down a route which follows an events/news model rather that a broadcast model so they're knocking it out very, very cheap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:31 - Oct 2 with 4677 views_

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 22:48 - Oct 1 by Darran

It’s on the red button mun.

The one camera angle, no content, no commentary and soon to be defunct red button?

I'll watch our own, cheers.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:32 - Oct 2 with 4673 views_

I'm sure you'll be first to know... 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:33 - Oct 2 with 4667 views_

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 08:43 - Oct 2 by ItchySphincter

I wouldn't have thought that they're too concerned about return on investment at this stage, it's more about getting the service up and running and gauging interest. Having some of idea of the kit they're using and the way it works they've definitely gone down a route which follows an events/news model rather that a broadcast model so they're knocking it out very, very cheap.

Who are?

6 figure cheap like???

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 4631 viewsBadlands

£millions will be generated every week but we will not be told because it wil go straight into the Americans' back pockets.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 11:49 - Oct 2 with 4550 viewsMrSwerve

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:31 - Oct 2 by _

The one camera angle, no content, no commentary and soon to be defunct red button?

Err don't the ones on sky red button have full commentary? Genuine question - when I had a flick through one or two matches a few weeks back they did have commentary. Maybe I'm thinking of the Euro qualifiers.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 4451 viewsWxmJax

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 11:49 - Oct 2 by MrSwerve

Err don't the ones on sky red button have full commentary? Genuine question - when I had a flick through one or two matches a few weeks back they did have commentary. Maybe I'm thinking of the Euro qualifiers.

You're correct, of course they have full commentary. Don't listen to others who know nothing. Perhaps they have the volume turned down.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 12:53 - Oct 2 with 4419 views_

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 12:46 - Oct 2 by WxmJax

You're correct, of course they have full commentary. Don't listen to others who know nothing. Perhaps they have the volume turned down.

Well maybe they have commentary but it will be from just the one camera and no content. And by the look of it it's on the way out...

Jog on.....

"""Sky have also shown midweek fixtures on their red button and app services via a single camera model - but this option does not prevent domestic streaming - although WalesOnline understands that is likely to be phased out following an EFL meeting in London last week""".

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 13:04 - Oct 2 with 4383 viewsjacksfullaces

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:31 - Oct 2 by _

is that the Skysports thing - just as I was getting excited for watching a few extra matches ...

still, after some of the foreign streams I have watched over the last few years it might be a step in the right direction.
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 13:08 - Oct 2 with 4375 viewsItchySphincter

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 10:33 - Oct 2 by _

Who are?

6 figure cheap like???

"Who are?" - not sure what you mean?

I wasn't criticising when I said cheap by the way, I do have some knowledge on the subject so it was an observation more than a criticism - its amazing what you can do on a budget these days, with the right know how and like I said, I doubt return on investment is an immediate priority - hopefully they're looking to get ahead of the curve with the possibility of independently selling online broadcast rights direct to fans, and if so then more power to them.

The multicam option from the club does sound like a more attractive proposition than the single camera option from Sky.

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 13:13 - Oct 2 with 4356 viewscostalotta

There's a few on here with the volume turned down!!

Come to think of it, brightness and contrast must also be at a minimum with a few!
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 13:16 - Oct 2 with 4347 viewsUxbridge

As I understand it anyway, the info in the article is out of date regarding iFollow. I gather last year it was limited in terms of commentary and number of cameras, but those have been improved this year. I saw one of the games on iFollow a few weeks ago, and it had multiple cameras.

That's a bit of a moot point for me anyway. If we can offer a superior product in-house then absolutely right to do that. I know there's been some technical issues, but so long as those have been ironed out then all good.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:19 - Oct 2 with 4220 viewsjazzswan

Just tried to buy this for tonight - entered credit card details to Pay - Then asked me to click JOIN which takes me to my season ticket profile page. SO don't know if I have bought it or not!. Ticket office advise is to email them as it is nothing to do with the ticket office. Didn't think this could be so difficult!!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 14:21]
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:28 - Oct 2 with 4189 views_

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:19 - Oct 2 by jazzswan

Just tried to buy this for tonight - entered credit card details to Pay - Then asked me to click JOIN which takes me to my season ticket profile page. SO don't know if I have bought it or not!. Ticket office advise is to email them as it is nothing to do with the ticket office. Didn't think this could be so difficult!!

Have you had an email confirmation?

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:29 - Oct 2 with 4183 views_

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 13:08 - Oct 2 by ItchySphincter

"Who are?" - not sure what you mean?

I wasn't criticising when I said cheap by the way, I do have some knowledge on the subject so it was an observation more than a criticism - its amazing what you can do on a budget these days, with the right know how and like I said, I doubt return on investment is an immediate priority - hopefully they're looking to get ahead of the curve with the possibility of independently selling online broadcast rights direct to fans, and if so then more power to them.

The multicam option from the club does sound like a more attractive proposition than the single camera option from Sky.

The club have said they've made a 6 figure investment into the project, so it's not cheap.

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:33 - Oct 2 with 4172 views_

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 13:16 - Oct 2 by Uxbridge

As I understand it anyway, the info in the article is out of date regarding iFollow. I gather last year it was limited in terms of commentary and number of cameras, but those have been improved this year. I saw one of the games on iFollow a few weeks ago, and it had multiple cameras.

That's a bit of a moot point for me anyway. If we can offer a superior product in-house then absolutely right to do that. I know there's been some technical issues, but so long as those have been ironed out then all good.

I've watched a few with no commentary at all and one camera. You may have been watching Derby or Leeds, or knowing how dull you are, it was probably Sky Sports Main Event 😉

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:56 - Oct 2 with 4131 viewsItchySphincter

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:29 - Oct 2 by _

The club have said they've made a 6 figure investment into the project, so it's not cheap.

Well yeah, “a six figure” investment could be anywhere between 100K and 1M so that’s a lot of scope but believe me when I say producing and broadcasting two hours of live action every week will soon eat up a six figure budget.

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 15:16 - Oct 2 with 4092 viewsjazzswan

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:19 - Oct 2 by jazzswan

Just retried now and its worked this time, got the email confirmation! C'mon you Swans!
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 15:24 - Oct 2 with 4068 viewslondonlisa2001

The bit I don’t quite understand, is if we are playing, say Sheffield Weds on a Saturday, so it’s only available for overseas, there is an option to stream with us for £7.99 but because Sheffield Weds are on iFollow, they will have a stream available as well, but only costing £5.

Also they can have audio commentary in the UK for £4.50 per month, and we have it at £5 a match?

If that’s the case, our fans will theoretically pay less and pick up their stream option not ours won’t they once everyone works it out.
Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 15:27 - Oct 2 with 4052 viewsUxbridge

Superb from SCFC. We don't IFollow anyone on 14:33 - Oct 2 by _

I've watched a few with no commentary at all and one camera. You may have been watching Derby or Leeds, or knowing how dull you are, it was probably Sky Sports Main Event 😉

Ha. Some of us are less easily duped than others

It was Wigan vs Stoke as I recall, mainly because Ash had another one of his tantrums which was quite entertaining. Wasn't particularly impressed by the coverage, so you're not going to hear anything bad from me for the Club trying to come up with a superior product. As being able to watch all the games was one of the big benefits of being in the PL, it's been great that we have a way around for this season.

Oh, and as I'm here, I'll just point out the slight inaccuracies with your comments that the Trust is incapable of saying anything good about the club. That's silly. I could name a few times in the last month or two, such as the cup pricing, club ambassadors at the Trust Schools initiative, DSA involvement etc, where the Trust has publicly commented positively. Human nature that the big ticket news from Phil's statement gets a lot of the coverage in the online conversations, and frankly discussion on here is generally focused on a limited set of issues particularly legal, but there's more going on than just the legal stuff and it all gets published.

Anyway, no chance of me going to Wigan on a work day so I'll be subscribing tonight. Fingers crossed the stream works from the start this time! If I was ever going to offer criticism then that'd be the only area. The club doesn't have the best track record of testing things before pushing them out to the public, such as the turnstiles. They've improved though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024