Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Ollson 22:10 - Oct 2 with 2749 views34dfgdf54

Just a slight obversation, most will probably disagree, but although in the final third he is a powerful runner with the ball, gets his crosses in etc, I think we lose our way a bit when trying to play from the back when he’s there.

I honestly think I’d start Grimes there when we play at home, we seem more fluid with our passing. You cannot underestimate how important it is for your right and left backs to be comfortable on the ball when trying to play possession game, they are basically outlets and I think Ollson struggles in our half.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:10]
Martin Ollson on 22:11 - Oct 2 with 2369 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A fair point well made. We did lose a bit of fluidity

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Martin Ollson on 22:12 - Oct 2 with 2355 viewsbuilthjack

Tinkerman will sort it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin Ollson on 22:15 - Oct 2 with 2312 viewsawayjack

Yup good point. Grimes has really stepped up. Nice to have 2 decent options. What a shot tonight!
Martin Ollson on 22:18 - Oct 2 with 2275 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Martin Ollson on 22:15 - Oct 2 by awayjack

Yup good point. Grimes has really stepped up. Nice to have 2 decent options. What a shot tonight!

Great technique, got right over the ball. Had McBurnie done the same with his we'd have taken all 3 points.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Martin Ollson on 22:26 - Oct 2 with 2206 views_

He was wing back tonight mind

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Martin Ollson on 22:27 - Oct 2 with 2194 viewsItchySphincter

I like him. Quality fooballer.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Martin Ollson on 22:27 - Oct 2 with 2190 viewsItchySphincter

oh f*ck.........

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Martin Ollson on 22:28 - Oct 2 with 2183 views34dfgdf54

Martin Ollson on 22:26 - Oct 2 by _

I know, but point still stands. They are competing for the same position at present whether it be wing back or a genuine left / right back. I think I’d be edging towards Grimes, especially at home.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin Ollson on 22:29 - Oct 2 with 2176 views34dfgdf54

Martin Ollson on 22:27 - Oct 2 by ItchySphincter

I like him. Quality fooballer.

Not sure if I feel the same love as you do for him mind, especially not in central midfield.
Martin Ollson on 23:00 - Oct 2 with 2025 viewsJJJack

Martin Ollson on 22:26 - Oct 2 by _

Was he fack!
We played a flat back 4
Martin Ollson on 23:13 - Oct 2 with 1972 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Martin Ollson on 23:00 - Oct 2 by JJJack

Was he fack!
We played a flat back 4

That’s what I thought

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Martin Ollson on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 1960 viewsJJJack

Martin Ollson on 23:13 - Oct 2 by PatchesOHoulihan

That’s what I thought

Christ knows who our 3rd CB was meant to be if we were playing wing backs
Martin Ollson on 23:18 - Oct 2 with 1946 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

I’m assuming they mean Naughton cb and Roberts wing back but I didn’t see it like that

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Martin Ollson on 23:46 - Oct 2 with 1858 viewsjasper_T

Olsson's horribly one-footed without the technical footballing talent to make up for it (which Grimes and Carroll just about have). If he can't sprint past his man it's very easy to shut him down just by standing in line of the one pass out he can play.

Second best crosser of the ball we have on the sprint, though (although does Jeff even sprint? Just seems to glide around, really)
Martin Ollson on 00:04 - Oct 3 with 1812 views_

Martin Ollson on 23:15 - Oct 2 by JJJack

Christ knows who our 3rd CB was meant to be if we were playing wing backs

You either see these things or you don't. Try watching the game properly instead of swearing.

We went 3-4-3

----------------- Nordfeldt -------------------

---- Naughty ---- Vdh ------ Rodon -------

Roberts --- Fulton - Grimes --- Olsson

McKay -------- McBurnie ------- Celina

Watch it back (and properly) and you will see.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Martin Ollson on 07:41 - Oct 3 with 1534 views34dfgdf54

Martin Ollson on 00:04 - Oct 3 by _

You either see these things or you don't. Try watching the game properly instead of swearing.

We went 3-4-3

----------------- Nordfeldt -------------------

---- Naughty ---- Vdh ------ Rodon -------

Roberts --- Fulton - Grimes --- Olsson

McKay -------- McBurnie ------- Celina

Watch it back (and properly) and you will see.

That was definitely the formation. With Mckay and Mcburnie switching all the time.
Martin Ollson on 07:43 - Oct 3 with 1523 views34dfgdf54

Martin Ollson on 23:46 - Oct 2 by jasper_T

Olsson's horribly one-footed without the technical footballing talent to make up for it (which Grimes and Carroll just about have). If he can't sprint past his man it's very easy to shut him down just by standing in line of the one pass out he can play.

Second best crosser of the ball we have on the sprint, though (although does Jeff even sprint? Just seems to glide around, really)

Exactly how I see it Jasper, not slagging him off, he's a good option to have at this level, just not sure he's suited to the possession game we are trying to play at the moment. I think he should be used off the bench rather than start.
Martin Ollson on 09:16 - Oct 3 with 1351 views_

Martin Ollson on 07:41 - Oct 3 by 34dfgdf54

That was definitely the formation. With Mckay and Mcburnie switching all the time.

In fairness the front 3 when we're not penned back have quite a bit of freedom in Potters formation. They all interchange and Grimes or Fulton can step up as well as our wider players, Olsson and Roberts.

There's also a solid defensive base when needed as Olsson and Roberts just tuck back in and so do the wider two in the front 3.

But this is our own version of total football because literally apart from VdH and Rodon every outfield player can now play in different positions and support an attack.

Martin Ollson on 09:25 - Oct 3 with 1321 viewsLeonWasGod

Didn't see last night, but have noted that Naughton tends to drop into the 3rd CB position at times allowing Connor to get forward more. Seems pretty flexible to me between a back 4 and back 3/5. What I do like is that we seem comfortable on the ball when we do tweak the formation; lots more movement than we've seen in the last couple of years. They must be working their bollox off in training.
Martin Ollson on 09:44 - Oct 3 with 1288 views_

Martin Ollson on 09:25 - Oct 3 by LeonWasGod

Didn't see last night, but have noted that Naughton tends to drop into the 3rd CB position at times allowing Connor to get forward more. Seems pretty flexible to me between a back 4 and back 3/5. What I do like is that we seem comfortable on the ball when we do tweak the formation; lots more movement than we've seen in the last couple of years. They must be working their bollox off in training.

It's as close to the Dutch model of Total Football as we're likely to see

And yet we've still got a few morons going on about our squad depth. They are sounding more and more embarrassing with every passing post.

Martin Ollson on 09:47 - Oct 3 with 1274 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Ollson on 09:44 - Oct 3 by _

It's as close to the Dutch model of Total Football as we're likely to see

And yet we've still got a few morons going on about our squad depth. They are sounding more and more embarrassing with every passing post.

It's very entertaining to watch. I haven't enjoyed games as much in years even when it's a 0-0. Our U23s showing their worth at last - possibly too big a step up for them to go straight into the PL (especially in a struggling side short on confidence), but they're key to this. As others have said, brilliant work from Tosh over the years preparing these boys to play the Potter Way.
Martin Ollson on 09:57 - Oct 3 with 1249 viewsCatullus

It was one of Potter's strengths in Sweden, he created a fluid team where players could swap positions and formations as needs dictated.
He's brought it to us, he's not scared to put someone in a new position, McB at CAM, Naughton in midfield, Roberts on the wing. They work on it in training and it makes them all better players too, not just technically either. Playing a different position makes them tactically more aware and gives then confidence.

I am not so worrieed about players leaving any more, as long as we hold onto Potter!!

On Olsson, he's a good attacking option but gets caught out at the back, maybe he needs to work on his right foot so he can cut inside and play decent passes? It can be done.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Martin Ollson on 12:09 - Oct 3 with 1122 viewsswanslona_88

Ollson had a 90 % passing accuracy when he came on last night? . Grimes has played twice at left back against lower side teams this season so let’s not get carried away.
Martin Ollson on 12:30 - Oct 3 with 1090 views34dfgdf54

Martin Ollson on 12:09 - Oct 3 by swanslona_88

Ollson had a 90 % passing accuracy when he came on last night? . Grimes has played twice at left back against lower side teams this season so let’s not get carried away.

Did he?

Surprised by that I've got to be honest.
Martin Ollson on 12:38 - Oct 3 with 1065 viewsjasper_T

Martin Ollson on 12:09 - Oct 3 by swanslona_88

Passing accuracy % doesn't tell you anything about the type or tempo of his passing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024