Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. 11:11 - Oct 3 with 3378 viewsomarjack

I keep reading on here how we're going through "exciting times" and we're "superb" and other exaggerations like that. I understand the rush of Adrenaline after each match etc. But when the dust settles. It's very obvious that we have a serious problem on our hands.

We have little chance of reaching the play-offs. Thin, inexperienced squad that has a serious scoring issue (although we're superb defensively). We keep having cagey 0-0 results and no positive outcome. We won't do much if we keep drawing.

There are 13 teams other than us who have either higher points than us or only 2 pts behind us. Many teams are playing today so it's only going to get worse. We aren't special at all. Clubs like Bolton, Blackburn, Shef Wed are about as good as us. Even Norwich are as good as us and they still have to play tonight. They managed to string 4 wins in a row. Which is something I don't see us doing any time soon. And I just realised Shef Utd are actually 3rd with a match in hand.

Point is..60% of the league are as good as us or better, We aren't special.

Another negative, As seasons roll on, the poorer (financially) we'll get. And our chance of promotion will diminish. We practically only have 2 seasons or so for any financial advantage. And let's face it, By the end of it we'll be stripped to the bones by the owners.

There are many positives to take in as well, Potter is superb, But he'll be going somewhere big soon enough. Celina,Rodon and Roberts will probably shape up to be excellent footballers. But not with us unfortunately.

It's hard to get excited about us, Every win is bittersweet and it all feels like a ticking bomb that's about to go off. I try to think of the moment and not dwell on what'll happen to us but it's difficult.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 11:14]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 11:20 - Oct 3 with 2368 viewsSwans9

I agree with alot of the points made here. The biggest plus I think is that the players are improving and that they are trying hard for the full 90minutes.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 11:30 - Oct 3 with 2321 viewsLeonWasGod

We've as good a chance as any in that chasing bunch. I do agree that that it'll get harder as we go on though. We've a significant financial advantage over most clubs this season. We really do need to try and capitalise on that. Similarly we've got a (very) few players who are a class above and we will be harder to keep the longer we stay in this division. And we're capitalising on a development squad that's been healthily funded in the PL; again that's not going to be doable in this league.

In short, this season is probably our best chance. But you never know. Given all the changes we have a decent team, playing with freedom. I can see Potter getting more out of them. Or we only need to find 1 player who had the impact of Sinclair and suddenly the draws become wins.

I think we're in a pretty good place. But no, we're not favourites.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 2285 views34dfgdf54

I don't believe we will reach the play offs I agree. I think you need to be more realistic with your expectations personally, and I wouldn't say yesterday was a "cagey" 0-0, we could have been 2-0 half time and Ollson missed a sitter in the 90th. We took the game to them big time, I've not seen a Swansea side do that in years away from home.

I don't trust the Yanks at all, I despise Huw Jenkins, that will never change, but I don't see the point at the moment going on and on about it, we'll see what happens in January and go from there. At the moment I'm just enjoying watching us trying to get back to the philosophy that literally made us famous world wide a few years back, especially with local youngsters like Rodon and Roberts playing a big part.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 11:48]
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 11:51 - Oct 3 with 2262 viewsswan65split

Its a poor league what I have seen so far, we have as much chance as anyone atm. but .........if its a success this year. then the W*nks need to show some support, or its disaster again. theres a vast gulf in skill and class between the Prem and here.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:08 - Oct 3 with 2216 views_

That's got to be up there as the single most clueless football post ever brought to life on this site, and some clowns are actually replying to it agreeing with some points.

FFS.

I know Omar is a joke poster but this plumbs new depths completely.

All it deserves is a quick mention of our new, young squad are learning and developing with every passing minute and the promise of a bump later in the season when this post will look even more stupid than it does now.

In horse racing terms, we're completely unexposed. The teams this prick has mentioned are laid bare in front of us.

SCFC. Champions.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:11 - Oct 3 with 2205 viewsswan65split

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:08 - Oct 3 by _

That's got to be up there as the single most clueless football post ever brought to life on this site, and some clowns are actually replying to it agreeing with some points.

FFS.

All it deserves is a quick mention of our new, young squad are learning and developing with every passing minute and the promise of a bump later in the season when this post will look even more stupid than it does now.

In horse racing terms, we're completely unexposed. The teams this prick has mentioned are laid bare in front of us.

SCFC. Champions.

Liberty Calling, Liberty Calling.......
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:13 - Oct 3 with 2198 views_

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:11 - Oct 3 by swan65split

Liberty Calling, Liberty Calling.......

Time for you to go on ignore. I honestly think you need locking up.

Weird beyond belief.

You and Blue the blue. Only people I've ever ignored.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:15 - Oct 3 with 2185 viewsswan65split

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:13 - Oct 3 by _

Time for you to go on ignore. I honestly think you need locking up.

Weird beyond belief.

You and Blue the blue. Only people I've ever ignored.

Lovely ....if your pushing for the W&nks and are all for them, then it is the greatest advert for having them out of the Club.
Mark my words I am correct.
Login to get fewer ads

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 2049 viewsCooperman

WTF!

“We have little chance of reaching the playoffs”

This is complete nonsense. We may not be nailed on but to use the words “little chance” is just plain silly.

“It’s hard to get excited about us”

You need to watch the highlights from Saturday.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 13:37 - Oct 3 with 2003 viewsCooperman

And I’ll give you the scenario from my living room yesterday evening.

My lad leapt off the sofa on four separate occasions during the first half. His face was beaming at at the exciting football on show. He’s nagging me to take him on Saturday.

He wasn’t doing that so much last year.

Hard to get excited? Nah.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 13:57 - Oct 3 with 1947 viewsomarjack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 12:08 - Oct 3 by _

FFS.

SCFC. Champions.

Mind you sir, I'm a joke poster by choice when it comes to politics and other nonsensical matters. But when it comes to Swansea City Football Club I'm always dead serious.

And I am serious here. There is a staunch of bittersweetness around here.

And you're a serious clown Res. Everybody laughs at you/ Sorry for being mean and all but it's true. This 2econd Coming sh!t isn't fooling anyone.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 14:05 - Oct 3 with 1928 viewsshandyjack

what a load of negative crap

Poll: Expectation for the season

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 14:16 - Oct 3 with 1897 viewsSWAND

Jesus!!
that is utter nonsense. Its the best we've been in a long time. We've got boys who are playing for the shirt and we've just drawn (should of won) against a team that hasn't lost at home since February.

We are in a very exciting position with such a young squad and the way we've been playing is very positive.

I agree with the fact that if our better players keep performing then the rats at the club will be cashing in on them. We've just got to pray they've learnt from their mistakes.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 14:26 - Oct 3 with 1872 viewsGlyn1

You forgot to mention that we've only won once in the last five matches.

To put it the other way, we are obviously safe from relegation. If we end the season sitting comfortably in mid-table with GP having the opportunity to work with this young side then I can only see positive things for us. For me, one of the positive points is how quickly we have returned to a passing game, which is probably as much down to the coaches of the U-23s as it is to the manager. I was sceptical about the benefits of the Academy but am happy to have been proved wrong.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 14:27]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 14:51 - Oct 3 with 1816 viewsicecoldjack

I think the OP makes some fair points.
My own take is that I'm more than happy to not make the play offs or get promoted, preferring instead to reset the club in its ethos and playing style, this was my opinion in the summer and it's not changed now.

The problem may be that it will get harder to keep players the longer we stay here, which makes a style of play and development for the future even more of a priority .

Our young players are doing great, it'seem much more exciting to watch than the last 2/3 seasons of prem football, as we all know it will need fans,owners and players and coaches all pulling in the same direction for great things to happen again but we've made a good start.

Being hard to beat is the first thing,and perhaps the most important,this is where we are right now, let's remember this is almost a new team, the next thing is to work on our final 3rd and turn possession into points,this I believe will happen as we progress our game plan, understanding and sharpness in front of goal.

Overall not a bad effort at all from potter, I'm impressed by his willingness to return us to our footballing principles and his ability to keep the opposition guessing by being adventurous and ambitious with selections and substitutions.

My only gripe is that McKay and asoro are looking worse than what we already had, obviously the plan was to be rid of routs,dyer,narsingh and probably Montero, thankfully that didn't happen.

If you build it they will come ... :)
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 14:58 - Oct 3 with 1798 viewsSmellyplumz

Oh don't be silly we are playing great and Huw is once again our saviour.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 15:14 - Oct 3 with 1763 viewsjedmo_jack

Why isn’t this shambles of a post being mass downvoted?
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 15:16 - Oct 3 with 1745 viewsFlashberryjack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 14:58 - Oct 3 by Smellyplumz

Oh don't be silly we are playing great and Huw is once again our saviour.

We're playing far better than I expected, provided we don't get to many injuries and we don't sell players and buy crap in the Jan window, we will make the playoffs (just).

Huw is and always will be a greedy c*nt.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 15:40]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 15:27 - Oct 3 with 1722 viewsicecoldjack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 15:14 - Oct 3 by jedmo_jack

Why isn’t this shambles of a post being mass downvoted?

I guess because most people on here are adult enough to respect others opinions despite agreeing or not .

A concept lost on many these days.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 15:33 - Oct 3 with 1708 views_

If we don't make the play offs at least this year we've facked up and let a golden chance go begging.

All this utter, utter, UTTER BOLLOCKS about consolidating into mid table is pathetic.

After a quarter of the season or thereabouts, the target is firmly aimed at promotion.

Make no bones or shitty posts about that.

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 16:34 - Oct 3 with 1612 views34dfgdf54

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 15:33 - Oct 3 by _

If we don't make the play offs at least this year we've facked up and let a golden chance go begging.

All this utter, utter, UTTER BOLLOCKS about consolidating into mid table is pathetic.

After a quarter of the season or thereabouts, the target is firmly aimed at promotion.

Make no bones or shitty posts about that.

So if we came 9th say, you would consider this season, and Graham Potter’s performance for example a failure?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 16:35]
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 17:01 - Oct 3 with 1554 views_

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 16:34 - Oct 3 by 34dfgdf54

So if we came 9th say, you would consider this season, and Graham Potter’s performance for example a failure?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 16:35]

That would be a harsh description.

However, as a Club, we now need to be gearing up for a promotion challenge with the squad and manager we've got.

This is on.

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:28 - Oct 3 with 1450 viewsBadlands

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 17:01 - Oct 3 by _

However, as a Club, we now need to be gearing up for a promotion challenge with the squad and manager we've got.

This is on.

If we did get promotion we would need a massive spend to stay in the Premier League... not sure we'd get that and our squad is not good enough to stay up.
If we gain promotion - great but I'm not sure it should be the goal this season.
What interests me is the way Sousa has been airbrushed out of our history yet did the same with similar restrictions Potter has, I.e. no goal scorers.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:36 - Oct 3 with 1426 viewsmonmouth

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:28 - Oct 3 by Badlands

If we did get promotion we would need a massive spend to stay in the Premier League... not sure we'd get that and our squad is not good enough to stay up.
If we gain promotion - great but I'm not sure it should be the goal this season.
What interests me is the way Sousa has been airbrushed out of our history yet did the same with similar restrictions Potter has, I.e. no goal scorers.

Sousa was very important, but didn’t he allow Dobs to go on loan and promote Blackpool? Or was that down to your mates on the board?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:40 - Oct 3 with 1412 views34dfgdf54

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 17:01 - Oct 3 by _

This is on.

Completely agree gearing up, but not necessarily this season. Stopping the slump would be the first stage for me, and Potter looks to have done that.

We need to see what the plans are in January, we could well need to lose more first team players due to the wage bill. Expecting a promotion push on a rebuild as big as this would be asking for miracles in my opinion, he’s working them now as far as I’m concerned.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 18:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024