Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where’s Lisa gone? 14:23 - Oct 3 with 6698 viewsLohengrin

What’s the news from west London? Where have you been?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Where’s Lisa gone? on 23:05 - Oct 4 with 1162 viewslondonlisa2001

Where’s Lisa gone? on 22:42 - Oct 4 by Lohengrin

Ah! here she is, mun.

I was in what I would imagine was an old haunt of yours recently, The White Horse on Broad Street. One of those daytime off-the-cuff things that ends up being 10x the fun of anything that’s planned.

Ha! Never went in there very much. We tended to go a few yards further up the road and go to the Kings Arms.

Spent days in there - largely as it was opposite the Bod, so we started with good intentions, stopped off for ‘just one’ before we started work, and next thing you know, the day had passed us by...

Nice pub though.
Where’s Lisa gone? on 23:49 - Oct 4 with 1115 viewsLohengrin

Where’s Lisa gone? on 23:05 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

Ha! Never went in there very much. We tended to go a few yards further up the road and go to the Kings Arms.

Spent days in there - largely as it was opposite the Bod, so we started with good intentions, stopped off for ‘just one’ before we started work, and next thing you know, the day had passed us by...

Nice pub though.

My friend and I went for the day on a book buying trip. Train up and back. We called in for a pint and ended up having God knows how many by the end. A couple of young American students asked if they could share the table... of course they could, help yourselves...then before we knew it there was a dozen of us arguing, laughing and drinking chasers (at our age!)

Where’s Lisa gone? on 05:58 - Oct 5 with 1036 viewsjackal

Where’s Lisa gone? on 20:11 - Oct 4 by Highjack

Which is probably why he spent 200 films chucking little kids into rivers and generally shootin, tootin', punchin' and shaggin' his way around instead of being a member of the RSC.

He's probably the most famous actor in cinema history.

I'd rather watch him than some weedy git in tights chatting to a skull.

Yes, ok, I'm not very cultured.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 6:58]
Where’s Lisa gone? on 09:49 - Oct 5 with 962 viewsLohengrin

Where’s Lisa gone? on 05:58 - Oct 5 by jackal

He's probably the most famous actor in cinema history.

I'd rather watch him than some weedy git in tights chatting to a skull.

Yes, ok, I'm not very cultured.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 6:58]

Shakespeare didn’t write his plays to be performed for a small coterie of fellow poets, mun. They were aimed at the widest audiences he could muster. Hamlet seen live is magnificent. Just about everything you’ll ever need to learn about human nature is to be found in its lines. Any gaps, mind you, you’ll fill in by watching The Searchers or Red River.

I may be smiling but I’m not joking. Shakespeare and John Ford were in the same business and they addressed the same grand themes of love and hate, heroism and cowardice, loyalty and betrayal. The language and the medium may differ but they are seeking to convey the same ideas through entertainment.

Where’s Lisa gone? on 14:31 - Oct 5 with 853 viewsjackal

Where’s Lisa gone? on 09:49 - Oct 5 by Lohengrin

Shakespeare didn’t write his plays to be performed for a small coterie of fellow poets, mun. They were aimed at the widest audiences he could muster. Hamlet seen live is magnificent. Just about everything you’ll ever need to learn about human nature is to be found in its lines. Any gaps, mind you, you’ll fill in by watching The Searchers or Red River.

I may be smiling but I’m not joking. Shakespeare and John Ford were in the same business and they addressed the same grand themes of love and hate, heroism and cowardice, loyalty and betrayal. The language and the medium may differ but they are seeking to convey the same ideas through entertainment.

Of course, well said.

Shakespeare still holds up after 400+ years. I'd fascinated to know if today's culture will do the same. I see no reason why not.

I suppose like most of us I was forcefed WS at school and never really got him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024