Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryder Cup Incident 18:31 - Oct 3 with 1736 viewsfrenzied

What are peoples thoughts re the golf fan who intends to sue organisers for the injury she received after being hit by the golf ball after a players shot went into the crowd?

Its reported she is now blind in one eye,however if such an action results in a successful prosecution of the organisers ,where will that leave any sport in terms of ensuring the safety of fans?..

Ryder Cup Incident on 18:38 - Oct 3 with 1714 viewsjudd

I would expect the terms of entrance will cover the organisers against liability for the accident

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ryder Cup Incident on 19:13 - Oct 3 with 1656 viewsFalingeParka

She's just doing what most would do under advice. She'll get help with medical bills and a pay off - hardly gonna get to court is it? Affect the game not at all.

ColonelHall

Ryder Cup Incident on 19:13 - Oct 3 with 1654 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ryder Cup Incident on 18:38 - Oct 3 by judd

I would expect the terms of entrance will cover the organisers against liability for the accident

It’s a risk going to watch any sport, I keep my eye on the ball when we attack the Sandy (I stand 10 yards to the side of the goal)

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ryder Cup Incident on 19:15 - Oct 3 with 1647 viewsD_Alien

A few years ago, a Dale fan was hit by a football whilst players were warming up and taking shots, and as a result i believe netting is now used to protect fans behind the goals (i rarely get into grounds during the kickabouts so others can confirm this)

But a fan is just as likely to get hit by a ball blasted into touch anywhere in the ground during an effort to clear it under pressure - so i wonder what's in the Dale's t&cs for entering the ground which relates to liability for an incident such as this?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ryder Cup Incident on 19:56 - Oct 3 with 1599 viewsdalenumber2

A ball hit me on the head as I was walking to my seat in the Pearl Street a couple of years ago. The headache I had for the rest of the match was not a patch on the embarrassment I felt at not ducking or putting up my hands to stop the ball.
Ryder Cup Incident on 22:05 - Oct 3 with 1511 viewsDaley_Lama

The incident happened on the 6th hole, a drivable Par 4.

On most Par 4 or 5 holes there was minimal people standing at driving distance, as fans packed the greens and tees.

This shot went into a massed bank of fans by the green. Any steward would have struggled to see it as the hole is a bit of a dogleg and he would not have been able to see the tee shot.

Even if he had seen it and shouted, it would have been late against a backdrop of noise.

Terribly unfortunate and very sorry for the lass, but sadly this is a danger of spectator golf watching.

Poll: DF in or out

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:20 - Oct 3 with 1484 viewschalky_ncfc

Anyone remember those rally cars that would bomb along with spectators perilously close to the road back in the 70's,I'm just surprised that there wasn't deaths in every race

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:41 - Oct 3 with 1459 viewsdavidab2202

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:20 - Oct 3 by chalky_ncfc

Anyone remember those rally cars that would bomb along with spectators perilously close to the road back in the 70's,I'm just surprised that there wasn't deaths in every race

No doubt the COVENTRY goalkeeper hit by an ice hockey puck at the weekend is no doubt counting his blessings and thinking there but for the grace of God
Login to get fewer ads

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:59 - Oct 3 with 1427 viewsNigeriamark

Ryder Cup Incident on 19:13 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

It’s a risk going to watch any sport, I keep my eye on the ball when we attack the Sandy (I stand 10 yards to the side of the goal)

When Calvin is shooting I reckon standing on the goal line is safest:-)
Ryder Cup Incident on 23:00 - Oct 3 with 1427 viewsjudd

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:05 - Oct 3 by Daley_Lama

The incident happened on the 6th hole, a drivable Par 4.

On most Par 4 or 5 holes there was minimal people standing at driving distance, as fans packed the greens and tees.

This shot went into a massed bank of fans by the green. Any steward would have struggled to see it as the hole is a bit of a dogleg and he would not have been able to see the tee shot.

Even if he had seen it and shouted, it would have been late against a backdrop of noise.

Terribly unfortunate and very sorry for the lass, but sadly this is a danger of spectator golf watching.

She hasn't got a leg to stand on

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ryder Cup Incident on 23:23 - Oct 3 with 1393 viewschalky_ncfc

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:41 - Oct 3 by davidab2202

No doubt the COVENTRY goalkeeper hit by an ice hockey puck at the weekend is no doubt counting his blessings and thinking there but for the grace of God

I used to love going to watch the Panthers straight after a Notts match years ago and then out for a few pints

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Ryder Cup Incident on 23:27 - Oct 3 with 1392 viewsDaley_Lama

Ryder Cup Incident on 23:00 - Oct 3 by judd

She hasn't got a leg to stand on

My view too, but will keep an eye on the story.

Poll: DF in or out

Ryder Cup Incident on 06:28 - Oct 4 with 1297 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Ryder Cup Incident on 22:59 - Oct 3 by Nigeriamark

When Calvin is shooting I reckon standing on the goal line is safest:-)

Quite agree, low flying aircraft is most at risk here. Does anybody know if we liaise with air traffic control?

Something along the lines of Calvin’s playing today, careful on your approach guys.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 6:48]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Ryder Cup Incident on 21:02 - Oct 4 with 1021 viewsblackdogblue

Ryder Cup Incident on 06:28 - Oct 4 by BigDaveMyCock

Quite agree, low flying aircraft is most at risk here. Does anybody know if we liaise with air traffic control?

Something along the lines of Calvin’s playing today, careful on your approach guys.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 6:48]

When in league 2 days, I honestly took one in the knackers at Afc Wimbolden, won’t say who kicked it but the scouse git did come & see if I was ok...

😀 & yes 😂 in my eyes

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Ryder Cup Incident on 10:20 - Oct 6 with 904 viewsAReeves

Volenti non fit injuria
Ryder Cup Incident on 11:53 - Oct 6 with 853 viewsdownunder

Ryder Cup Incident on 23:23 - Oct 3 by chalky_ncfc

I used to love going to watch the Panthers straight after a Notts match years ago and then out for a few pints

My second team after the Manchester Storm.
Hate the Steelers?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024