Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Day Thread 18:32 - Oct 3 with 26382 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 1:57]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 3 with 9033 viewsGlyn1

Thanks jackharris! As well as the extra workload on the managers and the players, it must be putting an extra burden on you as well with regularly having three games in a week. It's much appreciated.

There's speculation that the Ipswich manager will be the next one to be sacked if they lost against us, including this comment from the Guardian:

"How much longer does Ipswich chairman Marcus Evans give Paul Hurst to get things right? It is October and Hurst is yet to taste victory as manager."
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 18:57]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 00:59 - Oct 4 with 8968 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 3 by Glyn1

Thanks jackharris! As well as the extra workload on the managers and the players, it must be putting an extra burden on you as well with regularly having three games in a week. It's much appreciated.

There's speculation that the Ipswich manager will be the next one to be sacked if they lost against us, including this comment from the Guardian:

"How much longer does Ipswich chairman Marcus Evans give Paul Hurst to get things right? It is October and Hurst is yet to taste victory as manager."
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 18:57]

Thanks Glyn, it is appreciated. Yes, it seems never ending now being back in the Championship with the matches coming around thick and fast. No sooner than one match has finished the next game is literally around the corner.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 07:32 - Oct 4 with 8882 viewsAguycalledJack

2-0 swans.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 09:39 - Oct 4 with 8809 viewsomarjack

Seem like the easiest game of the season.

Ipswich are heading towards relegation, They have nothing to recommend them. Hurst is on the brink of the sack. Celina and CCV might have some sort of point to prove. We're playing at home, and there is a considerable amount of confidence.

We have to win this comfortably.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 10:20 - Oct 4 with 8783 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 09:39 - Oct 4 by omarjack

Seem like the easiest game of the season.

Ipswich are heading towards relegation, They have nothing to recommend them. Hurst is on the brink of the sack. Celina and CCV might have some sort of point to prove. We're playing at home, and there is a considerable amount of confidence.

We have to win this comfortably.

Talk about tempting fate.
This is exactly the sort of banana skin game that clubs slip up on.
We need to play our best football and find the goal as they are probably desperate to win and will kick us off the pitch if the Ref allows it.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:29 - Oct 4 with 8724 viewsawayjack

Is Opening pic the Vetch or Portman RD? One of my favourite away games in 81 was Ipswich.
Curtis was incredible - won 3-2 and think it put us top. Thousands of jacks made the long trek! Ipswich fans one of the few to welcome us rather than the violence in many other places that season.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:50 - Oct 4 with 8698 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:29 - Oct 4 by awayjack

Is Opening pic the Vetch or Portman RD? One of my favourite away games in 81 was Ipswich.
Curtis was incredible - won 3-2 and think it put us top. Thousands of jacks made the long trek! Ipswich fans one of the few to welcome us rather than the violence in many other places that season.

Didn't we play 3 at the back in that match, which was quite a revelation in those days?
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:52 - Oct 4 with 8694 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:29 - Oct 4 by awayjack

I was at that one with my brother who will remember it well as he fell down the terracing as we jumped for joy at Gary Stanley's winner and did his ankle in, couldn't walk for a couple of weeks . Arguably the best Swans performance of that era as we were up against a team who were almost all top internationals at that time. The Curtis opener was sublime.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:59 - Oct 4 with 8683 viewskarnataka

Would imagine we'd start with a more attacking lineup than Tuesday, like we did against QPR so would expect to see the CBR/McBurnie attack again as this worked really well. Fully understand Potter's decision not to go with that away @ Wigan but we surely must at home to one of the poorest sides in this division. Fer ready for a start? Or better not to risk him in a game where his presence may not be essential?
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 12:52 - Oct 4 with 8636 viewsawayjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:50 - Oct 4 by ploppy

Didn't we play 3 at the back in that match, which was quite a revelation in those days?

I don’t remember our exact set-up (it had been a long day!) but Ipswich has a lot of Dutch influence then and had modern passing style, so the praise from their fans spoke volumes about our style of play.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 12:56 - Oct 4 with 8629 viewsawayjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:52 - Oct 4 by karnataka

I was at that one with my brother who will remember it well as he fell down the terracing as we jumped for joy at Gary Stanley's winner and did his ankle in, couldn't walk for a couple of weeks . Arguably the best Swans performance of that era as we were up against a team who were almost all top internationals at that time. The Curtis opener was sublime.

I get logic of removing terraces for safety, but it was a brilliant part of goal celebration jumping and surging down the terraces. Clearly had it’s risks as your brother found out!
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 13:26 - Oct 4 with 8596 viewsProfessor

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:59 - Oct 4 by karnataka

Would imagine we'd start with a more attacking lineup than Tuesday, like we did against QPR so would expect to see the CBR/McBurnie attack again as this worked really well. Fully understand Potter's decision not to go with that away @ Wigan but we surely must at home to one of the poorest sides in this division. Fer ready for a start? Or better not to risk him in a game where his presence may not be essential?

would like to see Fer for this as his physical presence would allow a more attack-minded approach. Also the international break allows more recuperation time. Need to bury struggling teams
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 13:37 - Oct 4 with 8589 viewsawayjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:59 - Oct 4 by karnataka

Midfield did well 1st half against Wigan so maybe keep Fer on bench if needed. Expect GP will have a few suprise selections as usual. Maybe Byers.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 13:58 - Oct 4 with 8563 viewsCatullus

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 11:50 - Oct 4 by ploppy

I went the following season and we lost 3-1 I think. We walked all around the ground, there was no segregation, no police. I managed to find the only Ipswich hooligan, he wandered over in his green bomber jacket, statutory DM's and full bonehead and said do you want to have a go......I am anything but a hooligan and just said no thanks, where's the nearest chippy.....miles away he said and wandered off looking disappointed. I was only 14.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 14:09 - Oct 4 with 8556 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 13:58 - Oct 4 by Catullus

I went the following season and we lost 3-1 I think. We walked all around the ground, there was no segregation, no police. I managed to find the only Ipswich hooligan, he wandered over in his green bomber jacket, statutory DM's and full bonehead and said do you want to have a go......I am anything but a hooligan and just said no thanks, where's the nearest chippy.....miles away he said and wandered off looking disappointed. I was only 14.

Nice story. Reminded me something similar that happened when I lived in Sheffield for about a year in 1973-74 when someone I knew and had been chatting to in a chippy was accosted outside the chippy by a bonehead who said,'Who do you support, Wednesday or United' (I suspect either answer would have been wrong) but the I guy I knew who was a bit of a stoner, just shrugged his shoulders and said 'I'm not really into football, man' and the confused nutter wandered off just like your Ipswich bonehead.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 14:53 - Oct 4 with 8506 viewssainthelens

With Ipswich desperate now for a win, could play right into our hands. If so..then comfortable win for us.
But this bloody league has a habit of 'anything can happen '!. As long as our lads arnt tired...going for a comfy 2-0.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 8504 viewsawayjack

Sounds likes Carrol be fit for Sat. Asoro also in contention. IMO needs some time in U23 to get confidence up.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 15:57 - Oct 4 with 8444 viewsswan65split

Another goal like the one Stanley score at Ipswich would do nicely .
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 16:47 - Oct 4 with 8414 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 15:57 - Oct 4 by swan65split

Another goal like the one Stanley score at Ipswich would do nicely .

Not heard much from the Osterunds / Ipswich fan Wark I think he posted as.
Be interesting to hear from him again and his thoughts about Saturdays game.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 16:50]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 4 with 8357 viewssomersetsimon

I can remember following the score on Grandstand. IIRC, did Ipswich go 2-1 up very late on, then we scored two very very late ones?

As I remember it, the last update gave the score as 1-1. The Grandstand typewriter tapped out ....

Ipswich Town 2 ...................
............Swansea City 3
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 4 with 8341 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 4 by somersetsimon

I can remember following the score on Grandstand. IIRC, did Ipswich go 2-1 up very late on, then we scored two very very late ones?

As I remember it, the last update gave the score as 1-1. The Grandstand typewriter tapped out ....

Ipswich Town 2 ...................
............Swansea City 3

That teleprinter! Happy days! It almost had a mind of it’s own.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 4 with 8314 viewsLoyal

First game of the season when many will expect a result.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 19:00 - Oct 4 with 8264 viewsDrGonzo

Fair enough considering the QPR result. Let's hope GP has them focused.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 19:03 - Oct 4 with 8263 viewsawayjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 4 by Loyal

First game of the season when many will expect a result.

Yup always dangerous. I’m sure GP will keep players focused and grounded.
The Official Swansea City Vs Ipswich Town Championship Match Thread on 22:55 - Oct 4 with 8102 viewsTNT

It was a year ago yesterday that my brother died. One of his all time favourite away games was the 2-3 game at Ipswich. Great day, great memories.

I went down to The North Bank at the old Vetch site yesterday, to put down a marker. It's here I go to be with him. My lad took my brother's flag to Wigan on Tuesday, so my brother was in The Swans' away end on Tuesday night - he would've liked that.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. Should we win, it will have been a really good week with seven from nine points.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024