Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists 11:34 - Oct 5 with 15499 viewsCopperJack

Can someone explain something to me, please?

So, you want to leave our biggest market (the UK), on top of all the financial aid we get from England (infinitely more than from the EU, the south east of England basically bankrolls the UK), to join the EU and expatriate those powers to another foreign power in Brussels?

This post isn't meant to be inflammatory, I genuinely don't get it. Besides an irrational hatred of England, the stance of 'life isn't worth living outside of the EU', doesn't match with 'life isn't worth living inside the UK'. They're entirely contrary, in fact.

If you want independence, and be in charge of all our own rules, then fine, I get that, but then don't then gift all those powers to Brussels. If you're concerned with leaving the single market, why would you advocate leaving our BIGGEST market - not to mention the number of people who commute across the border. The EU isn't the land of milk and honey that the nationalists and media portray it, just look at youth unemployment across the EU - there are much bigger and wealthier countries with higher unemployment rates than us, because we're part of the UK.

It just strikes me as 'we're willing to take anything to stick it up the nasty English', but would love clarification on how these two stances aren't contrary. Thanks

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:17 - Oct 6 with 1727 viewsDr_Winston

Plenty of nations have applied to rejoin the Commonwealth. Gambia, Zimbabwe and Pakistan to name three.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:30 - Oct 6 with 1718 viewsJack_Meoff

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:13 - Oct 6 by peenemunde

Money grows on trees. A Plaid Cymru member told me.....he’s seen it himself on fantasy island.🤣

Take a step back and think though. Money is an abstract human creation. The only reason there's not enough of it is surely a deliberate measure. It's f*cking mental.

How the f"ck on earth did we get to the point where we believe that the whole purpose on this planet (or plane if you own a Nikon p500) is to accumulate Bank if England notes? We used to have telos did we not?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:47 - Oct 6 with 1694 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:17 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Plenty of nations have applied to rejoin the Commonwealth. Gambia, Zimbabwe and Pakistan to name three.

Don’t let that idiot Kilkenny read that ⬆️
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 22:10 - Oct 6 with 1674 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:09 - Oct 6 by peenemunde

Do you think the British are too dull to self govern ?

How many countries have asked to leave the British commonwealth ?

Beyond fear lies freedom 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 21:45]

Yes i do.

Boris, Drunken Smith, Mogg, Maybot, and Farage make me think this is true.

Beware of the Risen People

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 22:15 - Oct 6 with 1670 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 21:17 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

For balance ...

At one point, the British Empire was the largest in the world. The United States was the first former colony to go in 1776 and has been followed by a further 59 territories that have become independent states.

Beyond fear is freedom ....🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 08:50 - Oct 7 with 1604 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 22:15 - Oct 6 by Kilkennyjack

For balance ...

At one point, the British Empire was the largest in the world. The United States was the first former colony to go in 1776 and has been followed by a further 59 territories that have become independent states.

Beyond fear is freedom ....🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Since you brought up the British empire, did you know that only 30,000 brits ran and administrated 300 million Indians during the empire.

Yet idiots such as yourself don’t think the U.K. can govern itself.🤣

P.s The empire did a lot of good, otherwise you wouldn’t have the commonwealth. 👍
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 8:52]
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:24 - Oct 7 with 1591 viewsCatullus

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 08:50 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

Since you brought up the British empire, did you know that only 30,000 brits ran and administrated 300 million Indians during the empire.

P.s The empire did a lot of good, otherwise you wouldn’t have the commonwealth. 👍

30,000 to administer 300 million......see that's aprt of the probl;em, the UK has over 400,000 civil servants. We have way too many people in our political system and it causes problems. Small government is definitely the way to go.
We end up with people doing all sort of nonsense because they have to justify their position.
We have the WAG now looking to increase it's size by 30%, they've had the consultation but I've heard nothing since. I wouldn't be att surprised to find the silence is just them working out the best way to present the answers and stats to prove the Welsh public want more politicians and all the extra costs even if it meant closing a hospital or two!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:33 - Oct 7 with 1586 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:24 - Oct 7 by Catullus

30,000 to administer 300 million......see that's aprt of the probl;em, the UK has over 400,000 civil servants. We have way too many people in our political system and it causes problems. Small government is definitely the way to go.
We end up with people doing all sort of nonsense because they have to justify their position.
We have the WAG now looking to increase it's size by 30%, they've had the consultation but I've heard nothing since. I wouldn't be att surprised to find the silence is just them working out the best way to present the answers and stats to prove the Welsh public want more politicians and all the extra costs even if it meant closing a hospital or two!!

Absolutely, many of those civil servants should be sacked. All they do is block up everything, mostly to justify a job that shouldn’t exist in the first place.

The roll of the government should be to protect the border, police, NHS and a few other things, but they want to interfere in every aspect of our lives.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 9:47]
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:42 - Oct 7 with 1580 viewsjohnlangy

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 18:20 - Oct 6 by Catullus

We can change the party in charge now though, in the WAG or Westminster. Which is what puzzles me about Europhiles because we can't vote the commission or president out, it's a strange thing.
I don't see Plaid getting close to being in power, I see them as little more than a protest vote; the Welsh UKIP if you will. Regardless, politicians have a great track record for breaking promises or spouting any old line to win people over but then winning power and not doing any such thing.

'That raw deal we get, it's exactly the same with the Welsh government'.

I was referring to this point you made. Welsh people could change the Welsh government, they can't change the Westminster government with just 40 MP's out of 650.
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:54 - Oct 7 with 1569 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:42 - Oct 7 by johnlangy

I was referring to this point you made. Welsh people could change the Welsh government, they can't change the Westminster government with just 40 MP's out of 650.

A welsh government equals a labour dictatorship indefinitely. Fuk that.
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 10:00 - Oct 7 with 1568 viewsjohnlangy

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 19:16 - Oct 6 by valleyboy

If I was you I would check before making a right fool of yourself

Just go to Google and type in “what is the Welsh deficit”??

Okay. So, you read a newspaper that says Welsh Expenditure is £38 billion and Welsh Revenue is £24 billion and you just accept it as fact that there is this huge deficit ?

Do you believe everything you read in newspapers ? Do you never question anything ? Have you read ANY of the threads where this has been discussed ? Have you not read about the £1 billion of 'Welsh Expenditure' that was not available for the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon but was available for Crossrail for London, the £3 billion that was available for HS2 which benefits England and provides no benefit to Wales, Crossrail 2 and Heathrow expansion coming up which will cost another £3 billion in 'Welsh Expenditure ? Do you think it's fair that those billions of 'Welsh Expenditure', spent in England, are judged as being part of the Welsh deficit ?

Do you not think that, if they are going to compare expenditure with revenue that they should include ALL Welsh taxes in the revenue figure ? Have you read ANY of the posts from many people, including myself, that talk about the billions of Welsh taxes that are registered in England every single year ?

Is going to google and typing in 'What is the Welsh deficit' really the extent of your effort to look for the truth ?
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 10:01 - Oct 7 with 1567 viewsCatullus

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:42 - Oct 7 by johnlangy

When we vote on Westminster then yes we can change the government. We can't do it by ourselves admittedly but as citizens of the UK why should my votes count for more than anyone else's?
There are a lot of non Englsih people living in England who get a vote, a sizeable amount of Welsh people too.
As for the Welsh government, we can change that by ourselves and my point is that we don't, we keep voting the same way despite the evidence.
In that respect, we get the government we deserve. That you don't like that Wales gets a government that Wales didn't choose, that's democracy for you. Again I will say, did Wales choose to join the EU, did Wales choose anybody who's ever been on the Commission or been a President? Did we ever even get a vote on it? Yet Europhiles would keep us in the EU but outside of the UK? My apologies if you aren't a Europhile but I can't be bothered to look back and check, I'll just assume for now!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 10:02 - Oct 7 with 1567 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 10:00 - Oct 7 by johnlangy

Okay. So, you read a newspaper that says Welsh Expenditure is £38 billion and Welsh Revenue is £24 billion and you just accept it as fact that there is this huge deficit ?

Do you believe everything you read in newspapers ? Do you never question anything ? Have you read ANY of the threads where this has been discussed ? Have you not read about the £1 billion of 'Welsh Expenditure' that was not available for the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon but was available for Crossrail for London, the £3 billion that was available for HS2 which benefits England and provides no benefit to Wales, Crossrail 2 and Heathrow expansion coming up which will cost another £3 billion in 'Welsh Expenditure ? Do you think it's fair that those billions of 'Welsh Expenditure', spent in England, are judged as being part of the Welsh deficit ?

Do you not think that, if they are going to compare expenditure with revenue that they should include ALL Welsh taxes in the revenue figure ? Have you read ANY of the posts from many people, including myself, that talk about the billions of Welsh taxes that are registered in England every single year ?

Is going to google and typing in 'What is the Welsh deficit' really the extent of your effort to look for the truth ?

Pie in the sky from you.
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 12:38 - Oct 7 with 1536 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 08:50 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

You might want to ask the Indians.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-35-mi

And why do you feel proud about controlling vast numbers of other peoples ...?
Its all very strange.

‘Britain is responsible for deaths of 35 million Indians, says acclaimed author Shashi Tharoor

The Congress MP also calls for the Victoria Memorial in Kolkata to be turned into a museum about colonial rule ‘.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 12:39]

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 13:01 - Oct 7 with 1525 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 12:38 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

You might want to ask the Indians.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-35-mi

And why do you feel proud about controlling vast numbers of other peoples ...?
Its all very strange.

‘Britain is responsible for deaths of 35 million Indians, says acclaimed author Shashi Tharoor

The Congress MP also calls for the Victoria Memorial in Kolkata to be turned into a museum about colonial rule ‘.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 12:39]

You need to ask your friends in Brussels that question as I don’t know why they want to control the U.K., very strange indeed especially when the British can look after themselves.
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 14:50 - Oct 7 with 1502 viewsJosey_Wales37

I'm Welsh nationalist, and support Welsh Independence.

I can't stand the England football team, Royals and don't support team GB, but I don't hate English people, have friends that think world of and individually like certain players or athletes from above mentioned teams.

I support Plaid loosely, they have a lot of work to do imo and have not done enough in the past. But with the Indy Wales movement getting bigger, the New Ein Gwlad party and Labour for Indy, they might just have the kick up the arse they need.

Support IndyWales for many reasons, I believe that the likes of YesCymru etc are busting lots of myths together with facts that countries with similar/smaller populations, some not as well placed in Europe are proving that we could survive.

On local level, think Swansea and surrounding areas are critical to everything, we are supposed to be Wales second city, you wouldn't believe it though sometimes. Been hit hard with job losses, business closures, homelessness, high hidden poverty, promises that have been going on for decades, no matter what they do now in City centre, its way too late for me and growing numbers of others.

Wales as a whole has been let down constantly, we always being told we couldn't survive, we got nothing. We have enough for 4M people though imo, we produce huge amounts of energy, water, food (meat/veg), just to name some.

And don't get me started on what the UK does internationally, don't believe any thing I am told by 'UK' media at all. Some should check out Eva Bartlett on youtube.

For any Swans fans on FB curious or into Independence, check out https://www.facebook.com/JacksForIndependence/
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 0:17]
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:08 - Oct 7 with 1491 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 14:50 - Oct 7 by Josey_Wales37

I can't stand the England football team, Royals and don't support team GB, but I don't hate English people, have friends that think world of and individually like certain players or athletes from above mentioned teams.

I support Plaid loosely, they have a lot of work to do imo and have not done enough in the past. But with the Indy Wales movement getting bigger, the New Ein Gwlad party and Labour for Indy, they might just have the kick up the arse they need.

Support IndyWales for many reasons, I believe that the likes of YesCymru etc are busting lots of myths together with facts that countries with similar/smaller populations, some not as well placed in Europe are proving that we could survive.

On local level, think Swansea and surrounding areas are critical to everything, we are supposed to be Wales second city, you wouldn't believe it though sometimes. Been hit hard with job losses, business closures, homelessness, high hidden poverty, promises that have been going on for decades, no matter what they do now in City centre, its way too late for me and growing numbers of others.

Wales as a whole has been let down constantly, we always being told we couldn't survive, we got nothing. We have enough for 4M people though imo, we produce huge amounts of energy, water, food (meat/veg), just to name some.

And don't get me started on what the UK does internationally, don't believe any thing I am told by 'UK' media at all. Some should check out Eva Bartlett on youtube.

For any Swans fans on FB curious or into Independence, check out https://www.facebook.com/JacksForIndependence/

Thanks for posting Josey.

Nobody hates England.
Its just the dumbo’s here who think that being pro normality, pro independence, and wanting better things for Wales, means you hate England.

Welsh nationalism is a modern and inclusive nationalism.
British nationalism is an old fashioned, controlling, and political nationalism.
Look at May excluding Wales and Scotland from Brexit talks.

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:17 - Oct 7 with 1483 viewsjohnlangy

Well said Josey.
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:12 - Oct 7 with 1465 viewspeenemunde

Do you support Swansea playing in the welsh leagues ?
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:15 - Oct 7 with 1460 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:08 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody hates England.
Its just the dumbo’s here who think that being pro normality, pro independence, and wanting better things for Wales, means you hate England.

British nationalism is an old fashioned, controlling, and political nationalism.

Inclusive nationalism is not nationalism at all.
Just another globalist term......
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:17 - Oct 7 with 1460 viewsCopperJack

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:08 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody hates England.

Hahaha, so Welsh nationalism is all great, British nationalism is all bad. Do me a favour. Welsh nationalism is booing GSTQ at the Olympics (very inclusive), or measuring our success against how England fare in competitions, or blaming Westminster for the ineptitude of our own government. British nationalism is equally bad which is why parties like UKIP are a laughing stock.

Welsh nationalists, as articulated above, hate everything British because of nonsense historical reasons. Again, the sheer fact they want to leave our biggest market and where we get the majority of our money from (who do you think pays for free prescriptions because it isn't the call centre jobs across south Wales) to expatriate those powers to a foreign power who we don't elect...all so we can be slightly different to England. It's so strikingly xenophobic it's laughable.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:25 - Oct 7 with 1452 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:17 - Oct 7 by CopperJack

Hahaha, so Welsh nationalism is all great, British nationalism is all bad. Do me a favour. Welsh nationalism is booing GSTQ at the Olympics (very inclusive), or measuring our success against how England fare in competitions, or blaming Westminster for the ineptitude of our own government. British nationalism is equally bad which is why parties like UKIP are a laughing stock.

Welsh nationalists, as articulated above, hate everything British because of nonsense historical reasons. Again, the sheer fact they want to leave our biggest market and where we get the majority of our money from (who do you think pays for free prescriptions because it isn't the call centre jobs across south Wales) to expatriate those powers to a foreign power who we don't elect...all so we can be slightly different to England. It's so strikingly xenophobic it's laughable.

The lesson here is to eschew nationalism of all kinds. It’s ugly, divisive and destructive.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:27 - Oct 7 with 1446 viewspeenemunde

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:25 - Oct 7 by exiledclaseboy

The lesson here is to eschew nationalism of all kinds. It’s ugly, divisive and destructive.

Nice to see you’ve woken up.
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:31 - Oct 7 with 1443 viewsvalleyboy

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 10:00 - Oct 7 by johnlangy

What has taxes got to do with the deficit

All taxes are paid into the treasury full stop

The deficit is a simple result of what Wales get from Westminster and what the Welsh Assembly spends

In other words Wales spent (for the last official figures produced) £15 billion more than what the got from central government

Whether Wales should get more money from Westminster is another matter

If they did, it would only be wasted on stupid projects has what has been done in the pasr
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:45 - Oct 7 with 1437 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:31 - Oct 7 by valleyboy

What has taxes got to do with the deficit

All taxes are paid into the treasury full stop

The deficit is a simple result of what Wales get from Westminster and what the Welsh Assembly spends

In other words Wales spent (for the last official figures produced) £15 billion more than what the got from central government

Whether Wales should get more money from Westminster is another matter

If they did, it would only be wasted on stupid projects has what has been done in the pasr

Do you think Welsh people are uniquely dull, and are unable to function without Westmonster ?
Thats what it sounds like.

Re-read what John has posted and educate yourself.

Giving welsh people responsibility for making decisions that impact Wales, and make those decisions in Wales. Thats normal.

We can save billions by cancelling Brexit and cancelling Trident.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024