Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dubai, Medication 21:29 - Oct 5 with 4963 viewsN_T_J

Dubai, anyone know if you can take Amitriptyline in to their country without hassle, Im going tomorrow and really did not think about asking my Dr. I have them for nerve pain, if it can cause problems I will just not take them for a week.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 21:30]
Dubai, Medication on 21:39 - Oct 5 with 3864 viewsSkettyJack

Amitriptyline is fine

Advised to take the repeat prescription slip just in case tho
Dubai, Medication on 22:33 - Oct 5 with 3797 viewsN_T_J

Dubai, Medication on 21:39 - Oct 5 by SkettyJack

Amitriptyline is fine

Advised to take the repeat prescription slip just in case tho

Yea this is the thing I have only been on these for 2 weeks, so the doctor wants me to go back at the end of my trial to see if they worked, so they are not on repeat yet.

I phoned the doctors today, but because I phoned at 4:05 pm, they told me I was 5 mins to late to speak with a Dr.. so I dont have a repeat prescription for them now.

Thank you for replying.
Dubai, Medication on 22:46 - Oct 5 with 3781 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 22:33 - Oct 5 by N_T_J

Yea this is the thing I have only been on these for 2 weeks, so the doctor wants me to go back at the end of my trial to see if they worked, so they are not on repeat yet.

I phoned the doctors today, but because I phoned at 4:05 pm, they told me I was 5 mins to late to speak with a Dr.. so I dont have a repeat prescription for them now.

Thank you for replying.

For what it’s worth, I took similar medication on a trip to Dubai in 2016 and had no issue whatsoever I think as long as it’s got your name printed on the box etc and you’ve not got say 12 months supply for a one week trip etc then it’s fine, mine was packed away in a toiletries bag in my case & no problem at all.

This article may help too ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/dubai-prescription-drugs-ru

PS

Hope you enjoy.....me & my two sons watched the Swans beat Liverpool at the Liberty two seasons ago in a great Bar (few & far between too) next to the Burj Khalifa Tower fountains ........unforgettable and heaven in so many ways 👍😂
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 22:48]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Dubai, Medication on 22:53 - Oct 5 with 3768 viewsmonmouth

Sorry, not trying to hijack but I think NTJ has been answered. If not, just tell me to F off NTJ and I’ll delete this.

As a separate issue, looking for somewhere to go for a big birthday over Xmas and new year. Is Dubai or Abu worth the 7 hour flight or am I better shooting off elsewhere like Caribbean for a bit longer flight.

Ah, bony’s edit gives his view. Ta!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 22:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dubai, Medication on 23:06 - Oct 5 with 3744 viewsItchySphincter

Dubai, Medication on 22:46 - Oct 5 by bonymine

For what it’s worth, I took similar medication on a trip to Dubai in 2016 and had no issue whatsoever I think as long as it’s got your name printed on the box etc and you’ve not got say 12 months supply for a one week trip etc then it’s fine, mine was packed away in a toiletries bag in my case & no problem at all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/dubai-prescription-drugs-ru

PS

Hope you enjoy.....me & my two sons watched the Swans beat Liverpool at the Liberty two seasons ago in a great Bar (few & far between too) next to the Burj Khalifa Tower fountains ........unforgettable and heaven in so many ways 👍😂

I've watched the Swans in Dubai too. Nine quid a pint at the time. No idea why anyone would go there for a holiday though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dubai, Medication on 23:10 - Oct 5 with 3737 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 22:53 - Oct 5 by monmouth

Sorry, not trying to hijack but I think NTJ has been answered. If not, just tell me to F off NTJ and I’ll delete this.

As a separate issue, looking for somewhere to go for a big birthday over Xmas and new year. Is Dubai or Abu worth the 7 hour flight or am I better shooting off elsewhere like Caribbean for a bit longer flight.

Xmas and New Year holidays are notoriously always very expensive wherever you travel to in the world Monny.

I’ve done Dubai in April & August ( 40c+ then bloody hot 🌞🍻) and the Caribbean in February, May, August and October.

Depends on what type of holiday you’re looking for really ....Beach, family, couple, relaxation, sightseeing/activity etc

Personally, for a total chill out & relaxation it’s got to be the Caribbean for me .......and done a few ‘one week’ holidays there and it’s still worth the 10/12hr flight.

Tobago was quite interesting when at the ‘Manager’s Cocktail Evening’ he was introduced to the guests as Mr Scotland and unbelievably he was Jason Scotland’s cousin !!

We drank quite a few complimentary cocktails that night !!

Happy Days hope you enjoy wherever you decide to go 👍

Dubai, Medication on 23:11 - Oct 5 with 3733 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 23:06 - Oct 5 by ItchySphincter

I've watched the Swans in Dubai too. Nine quid a pint at the time. No idea why anyone would go there for a holiday though.

Probably because it’s a fantastic place to go on holiday.
Dubai, Medication on 23:24 - Oct 5 with 3723 viewsmajorraglan

Dubai, Medication on 23:06 - Oct 5 by ItchySphincter

I was at Fenway Park a couple on months ago and one of their brews was about £8 a go.
Login to get fewer ads

Dubai, Medication on 23:25 - Oct 5 with 3720 viewsItchySphincter

Dubai, Medication on 23:11 - Oct 5 by peenemunde

Probably because it’s a fantastic place to go on holiday.

Well that's a matter of opinion.

I'm surprised you'd even consider enjoying yourself being surrounded by all those brown people. Don't tell me, you went to a resort did you?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dubai, Medication on 23:31 - Oct 5 with 3713 viewsmajorraglan

I have never been stayed in Dubai but friends who have been there say it’s nice but very expensive. What about somewhere like Malaysia or Thailand? There are some really nice resorts and you can get some stunning hotels at tidy price. There are lots of places to stay in both and if you went to Malaysia you could nip over to Sabah/Borneo.hell, you could even go to one of the Berjaya resorts and wear your Swans top!
Dubai, Medication on 23:36 - Oct 5 with 3701 viewsN_T_J

As it goes we go to the Caribbean every december go for 2 weeks and come back a few days before xmas, we have booked 2 weeks in Jamaica for this december, for only £750 all inclusive, if you look first week of december you usally get really good prices, and we usally go in May first week or so in may are usally good prices.

Look on Holiday Hypermarket, and alter airports and days to fly on. Prices change everyday on there so its worth keeping a eye on there.
Dubai, Medication on 23:38 - Oct 5 with 3695 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 23:31 - Oct 5 by majorraglan

I have never been stayed in Dubai but friends who have been there say it’s nice but very expensive. What about somewhere like Malaysia or Thailand? There are some really nice resorts and you can get some stunning hotels at tidy price. There are lots of places to stay in both and if you went to Malaysia you could nip over to Sabah/Borneo.hell, you could even go to one of the Berjaya resorts and wear your Swans top!

That does sound great too and it’s certainly on my ‘bucket list’ and as being recently retired AND divorced .......lots of ‘life experiences’ await I hope 👍😂😉

Dubai, Medication on 23:38 - Oct 5 with 3690 viewsmonmouth

Thanks all. Helpful. Don’t want to hijack further. Having a birthday over that period has always been a pain in the arse. Now it’s an expensive pain in the arse.

Dubai, Medication on 23:40 - Oct 5 with 3686 viewsDJack

Dubai, Medication on 23:38 - Oct 5 by bonymine

That does sound great too and it’s certainly on my ‘bucket list’ and as being recently retired AND divorced .......lots of ‘life experiences’ await I hope 👍😂😉

...Yeah being buggered by a camel.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Dubai, Medication on 23:41 - Oct 5 with 3687 viewsN_T_J

Dubai, Medication on 22:46 - Oct 5 by bonymine

PS

Thank you for the reply, I will just take enough for my trip then.

Its a birthday suprise for my mrs so i'll just put the pills in her case, then it will be a big suprise if she gets nicked
Dubai, Medication on 23:42 - Oct 5 with 3679 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 23:41 - Oct 5 by N_T_J

Thank you for the reply, I will just take enough for my trip then.

Its a birthday suprise for my mrs so i'll just put the pills in her case, then it will be a big suprise if she gets nicked

Love it 👏👏👏

Enjoy 👍😂

Dubai, Medication on 23:42 - Oct 5 with 3677 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 23:25 - Oct 5 by ItchySphincter

Well that's a matter of opinion.

I'm surprised you'd even consider enjoying yourself being surrounded by all those brown people. Don't tell me, you went to a resort did you?

I’ve been there 4 times. Last time i stayed at the Burj al-Arab.👍
Dubai, Medication on 23:45 - Oct 5 with 3668 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 23:42 - Oct 5 by peenemunde

I’ve been there 4 times. Last time i stayed at the Burj al-Arab.👍

Fantastic hotel know it well.....and if it looks like gold IT IS gold !!

The underwater restaurant there is amazing !!

Dubai, Medication on 23:49 - Oct 5 with 3663 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 23:45 - Oct 5 by bonymine

Also stayed in the Jumeirah Beach with the Wadi Water Park I think it’s called that was great too.

I remember my sons being quite young and being bemused at seeing all these Muslim women on the water slides in full Muslim dress .......incredible !

Dubai, Medication on 00:00 - Oct 6 with 3651 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 23:45 - Oct 5 by bonymine

Also stayed at the Atlantis the Palm.
They are now building another Atlantis, right next door.
Dubai, Medication on 00:10 - Oct 6 with 3638 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 23:31 - Oct 5 by majorraglan

It’s as expensive as you want to make it. I’ve bought two small bottles of Pepsi from two different places - one cost around £6 and the other around 60p.

Going out for a meal is no more expensive than this country.
Clothes I found to be cheaper than this country.
Dubai, Medication on 00:19 - Oct 6 with 3630 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 00:00 - Oct 6 by peenemunde

Also stayed at the Atlantis the Palm.
They are now building another Atlantis, right next door.

Took my sons to the Atlantis for a short break after my divorce we had a great time the Waterpark was really amazing the plunge slide under the shark pool was my highlight !! Awesome !!!

Dubai, Medication on 00:20 - Oct 6 with 3628 viewsbonymine

Dubai, Medication on 23:40 - Oct 5 by DJack

...Yeah being buggered by a camel.

Phuk Off You Tw@t 😂😂

Dubai, Medication on 15:30 - Oct 7 with 3391 viewsmonmouth

Ok, decided. Dubai it is, probably first week in Jan. Any views on which broad area I should look at to stay? Someone said Palm is too far out? And what are the ‘must sees’ and ‘must do’s’ in 5 or 6 days there?

Any help gratefully received

Dubai, Medication on 16:43 - Oct 7 with 3352 viewsLoyal

Dubai, Medication on 23:38 - Oct 5 by bonymine

Even if you are an ugly cnt if you have a bit of cash a gobble can be as little as 3 dollars in Malaysia.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024