Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeeper 16:43 - Oct 6 with 6320 viewsSteensig

I guess that says it all who starts next match.. not one save today
Goalkeeper on 16:47 - Oct 6 with 5036 viewsunion_jack

It's not always about the keeper. I haven't seen the goals so wouldn't know. I can't understand why Nordfeldt was recalled though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Goalkeeper on 16:48 - Oct 6 with 5038 viewsSteensig

Its not that he made any blunders, but he didnt make any saves either. No x-factor at all. Remember Fabianski making incredible saves to keep us in the game. Not today for certain
Goalkeeper on 16:57 - Oct 6 with 4958 viewsicecoldjack

I think so, tends to stick to his line a bit too much, but we didn't lose because of the goalkeeper we lost because we can't take our chances and lack a bit of quality when it truly matters.

Dan James was different gravy today, should have had 3 assists !
Goalkeeper on 17:00 - Oct 6 with 4902 viewsSteensig

Goalkeeper on 16:57 - Oct 6 by icecoldjack

I think so, tends to stick to his line a bit too much, but we didn't lose because of the goalkeeper we lost because we can't take our chances and lack a bit of quality when it truly matters.

I agree, merely saying Mulder def needs a start next time around! By far better than Nordfeldt. Dan James was quality, havent seen a Swan playing on that level since the Michu or Bony (in his good days) Excellent. Only proves we need to tie all these youngsters making a great impression!
Goalkeeper on 17:16 - Oct 6 with 4758 viewsItchySphincter

Defence went to sleep for all their three goals. Could see it a mile off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Goalkeeper on 17:20 - Oct 6 with 4712 viewscmajack

Potter has got many things right in his time at the club, but the goalkeeping situation he has got badly wrong. There was absolutely no justifiable way to drop mulder at all, and after watching todays game I'm convinced he got it wrong.
Goalkeeper on 17:23 - Oct 6 with 4673 viewsLeonWasGod

Goalkeeper on 17:16 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

It’s no easier defending corners when your main CB is taken off either. Naive today. Their second was a result of pushing forward when we didn’t need to. The 3rd from taking off our defensive leader and not replacing him (in 40 yrs of watching football I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before).
Goalkeeper on 17:32 - Oct 6 with 4578 viewsItchySphincter

Goalkeeper on 17:23 - Oct 6 by LeonWasGod

It’s no easier defending corners when your main CB is taken off either. Naive today. Their second was a result of pushing forward when we didn’t need to. The 3rd from taking off our defensive leader and not replacing him (in 40 yrs of watching football I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before).

We can’t stop the opposition from having any chances but all their goals should have and could have been defended. We didn’t contest them and we were mistaken into believing that they didn’t have it in them, so we simply didn’t bother. Tragic defending. Also, after winning the ball and then chipping it into a midfield area that we were losing instead getting out to Roberts or James, who was on fire, is a source of bemusement. We looked good at times, the style of play is easy on the eye but no one should be painting today as anything other than a massive wake up call. A very poor game to lose.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 21:12]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Goalkeeper on 17:34 - Oct 6 with 4555 viewsGeoffThom

Goalkeeper on 17:20 - Oct 6 by cmajack

Potter has got many things right in his time at the club, but the goalkeeping situation he has got badly wrong. There was absolutely no justifiable way to drop mulder at all, and after watching todays game I'm convinced he got it wrong.

Have to agree ,we look shaky at set price with the swede
Goalkeeper on 18:00 - Oct 6 with 4404 viewsLeonWasGod

Goalkeeper on 17:32 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

We can’t stop the opposition from having any chances but all their goals should have and could have been defended. We didn’t contest them and we were mistaken into believing that they didn’t have it in them, so we simply didn’t bother. Tragic defending. Also, after winning the ball and then chipping it into a midfield area that we were losing instead getting out to Roberts or James, who was on fire, is a source of bemusement. We looked good at times, the style of play is easy on the eye but no one should be painting today as anything other than a massive wake up call. A very poor game to lose.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 21:12]

Defensively that was a rare blip. But on the ball, It’s been the same most of the season - good on the eye but lacking the final ball or finishing (QPR aside).
Goalkeeper on 18:01 - Oct 6 with 4398 viewsAndy1300

Goalkeeper on 17:16 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

Very lucky early on too, they could have gone ahead twice.

They went straight through us a couple of times.

Number 1 team in Wales

Goalkeeper on 18:02 - Oct 6 with 4379 viewsDr_Winston

Want to see the third goal again. Not much he could have done about the first two.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Goalkeeper on 18:05 - Oct 6 with 4341 viewsCooperman

Goalkeeper on 18:02 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Want to see the third goal again. Not much he could have done about the first two.

Pretty much in my line of sight from NE upper - looked like a weak palm away.

I will watch the replays later.

I’d like to understand the rationale behind what appears to be rotation of keepers. I don’t think we look as composed at the back with the Swede between the sticks.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Goalkeeper on 18:13 - Oct 6 with 4284 viewsAndy1300

Don't think they would have scored if VDH was still on

Number 1 team in Wales

Goalkeeper on 19:09 - Oct 6 with 4127 viewsAguycalledJack

Goalkeeper on 18:13 - Oct 6 by Andy1300

Does anybody think the keeper should have done better with that effort?
Goalkeeper on 19:10 - Oct 6 with 4119 viewsDr_Winston

Goalkeeper on 18:13 - Oct 6 by Andy1300

Two f*ckups. Fairly free header, and if you're getting two hands on the ball you need to be stronger than that.

Expect to see Mulder back next game, although the way some people are carrying on you'd swear Nordfelt was soley responsible for us losing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Goalkeeper on 19:11 - Oct 6 with 4110 viewsEU5Makaveli

Couldn’t do much about the first. A better keeper saves the 2nd and 3rd imo.
From what I’ve seen Mulder looks the better keeper.
Goalkeeper on 19:16 - Oct 6 with 4060 viewsJack123

Goalkeeper on 19:09 - Oct 6 by AguycalledJack

Does anybody think the keeper should have done better with that effort?

Mulder would have saved that.. I'm totally gobsmacked why Nordfelt has replaced him, After watching a few games, I think Mulder was a no brainer for prime starting position.

libera nos a malo

Goalkeeper on 19:18 - Oct 6 with 4040 viewsjeza739

Goalkeeper on 19:10 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Two f*ckups. Fairly free header, and if you're getting two hands on the ball you need to be stronger than that.

Expect to see Mulder back next game, although the way some people are carrying on you'd swear Nordfelt was soley responsible for us losing.

The person who selected him was responsible.. KN did no better than most of us expected
Goalkeeper on 19:22 - Oct 6 with 4004 viewstrinityann

Goalkeeper on 19:10 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Mr Potter is asking for trouble when you drop a keeper that's done nothing wrong and conceded very few goals, its even more pressure then on Nordfeldt because he probably knows he does not deserve the shirt.

I personally think a lack of a proper defensive midfielder caused us a lot of issues today because they carved us down the middle at times today. Less tinkering and get consistent starting eleven.
Goalkeeper on 19:47 - Oct 6 with 3831 viewsjack2jack

Dan played really well today, have to agree, his pace is electric,caused them all sorts of problems,shame his efforts weren't rewarded, the makings of a very good player under GP's tutelage.
Goalkeeper on 20:20 - Oct 6 with 3703 viewsangryjack

First two should come off his line thought they were headers in 6 yard box should be commanding that
Goalkeeper on 20:27 - Oct 6 with 3657 viewsDr_Winston

Goalkeeper on 20:20 - Oct 6 by angryjack

First two should come off his line thought they were headers in 6 yard box should be commanding that

Nah. Not the way they were played in. If he'd come off his line and missed them (which would have been likely) he'd have been blamed for that too.

Should have done better for the third though undoubtedly.

Goalkeeper on 20:42 - Oct 6 with 3578 viewsangryjack

Goalkeeper on 20:27 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Nah. Not the way they were played in. If he'd come off his line and missed them (which would have been likely) he'd have been blamed for that too.

Should have done better for the third though undoubtedly.

Should definitely come for first one just watched again if he don't get it he puts man off but he should be getting it it's travelled from the touch line into the 6 yard box
Goalkeeper on 21:13 - Oct 6 with 3461 viewsbluenile

Trouble is, we did lose because of our goalkeeper. When Nordfeldt plays the defenders look less assured, Potter's been brilliant every week, but the midweek choice of not playing Mulder, plus again, today, was a big faux pas. If there's one position you don't rotate, it's goalkeeper. Mulder must be wondering what he needs to do to hold onto his place in the team! And taking off VDH cost us the draw. I guess everyone is learning, and nobody avoids a mistake or two. Only idiots repeat them.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 21:20]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024