Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James. 19:59 - Oct 6 with 5634 viewslifelong

Worth a thread on his own.

Outstanding performance.
Dan James. on 20:02 - Oct 6 with 4101 viewsItchySphincter

He was very good. Deserved to see at least one of the chances he created for Ollie go in.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dan James. on 20:04 - Oct 6 with 4087 viewsjack2jack

Totally agree, Lifey,I've mentioned on another thread, he caused them all sorts of problems, with his pace, bloody hell he's quick,should have been rewarded for his efforts today. He'll come on leaps and bounds under Potter I'm sure of that
Well done Dan, shame he was on the losing side.
Dan James. on 20:07 - Oct 6 with 4058 viewsCooperman

So good that they put two men on him.

Well done young man.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dan James. on 21:26 - Oct 6 with 3889 viewsLoyal

I'm assuming their boy gwion Edwards was one we got rid of?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dan James. on 21:29 - Oct 6 with 3882 viewsAguycalledJack

Dan James. on 21:26 - Oct 6 by Loyal

I'm assuming their boy gwion Edwards was one we got rid of?

Yes.
Dan James. on 21:34 - Oct 6 with 3854 viewsLoyal

Dan James. on 21:29 - Oct 6 by AguycalledJack

Yes.

Very decent player.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dan James. on 21:40 - Oct 6 with 3833 viewsswan65split

Yes was outstanding today , reminded me a bit of a young Robbie James .
Dan James. on 21:57 - Oct 6 with 3776 viewsPentyrchJack

Dan James. on 21:29 - Oct 6 by AguycalledJack

Yes.

Fair play he didn't celebrate his goal either

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Login to get fewer ads

Dan James. on 22:18 - Oct 6 with 3709 viewsBadlands

James was outstanding and maybe should have gone for goal himself rather than trying to tee up the woeful McBurnie.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James. on 22:18 - Oct 6 with 3708 viewsbuilthjack

Why didn't he go outside his marker in the second half. He kept playing it back.
Was he tired perhaps?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dan James. on 23:09 - Oct 6 with 3628 viewsEU5Makaveli

Imagine Montero- McBurnie-James as our front three- even if only possible of 20 minutes a game they would cause absolute mayhem
Dan James. on 23:49 - Oct 6 with 3541 viewsKilkennyjack

Dan James. on 21:40 - Oct 6 by swan65split

Yes was outstanding today , reminded me a bit of a young Robbie James .

I know what you mean, but not sure Robbie had that speed.

Stu Roberts at a lower level anyone ? Just me then ...?

Outstanding today.
Automatic pick on that display, and welsh squad calling.
Well done Dan 👏

Beware of the Risen People

Dan James. on 00:06 - Oct 7 with 3498 viewsjack247

Very mature performance. In the run up to the first goal, skinned his man, got close to the byline, thought he was just going to aim head height for the penalty spot, but had the presence of mind to look up late on, realise that wasn’t really on then fizz a cutback across that only just evaded Oli.

In a season that’s more about building than scraping every last point, it’s a bit easier to look at moments like that and almost see them as important as the actual result. Plenty of positives to take from today.
Dan James. on 03:01 - Oct 7 with 3384 viewslonglostjack

Very good performance recognized by the Ipswich fans going back on the train. “Who’s your number 20 ? he’s a hell of a player”

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dan James. on 07:36 - Oct 7 with 3277 viewsjackal

Very impressive today. Monteroesque performance.

Destroyed his full back.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 7:37]
Dan James. on 07:48 - Oct 7 with 3249 viewsCooperman

Dan James. on 22:18 - Oct 6 by builthjack

Why didn't he go outside his marker in the second half. He kept playing it back.
Was he tired perhaps?

Tiredness must surely have been a factor along with a second man added to defensive cover. Still an outstanding performance from the young man though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dan James. on 08:42 - Oct 7 with 3182 viewspeenemunde

Dan James. on 23:09 - Oct 6 by EU5Makaveli

Imagine Montero- McBurnie-James as our front three- even if only possible of 20 minutes a game they would cause absolute mayhem

Dan James reminds me of Montero in regards of build and blistering speed.
A very exciting prospect.
Dan James. on 08:50 - Oct 7 with 3164 viewsItchySphincter

Dan James. on 22:18 - Oct 6 by builthjack

Was he tired perhaps?

He had a right to be tired but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was injured. Looked like he took a hit about 20 mins from the end and didn’t look comfortable after that. Another reason might have been that he’d put so many on a plate with no reward that he lost a bit of faith in Ollie and decided to try something else.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dan James. on 15:09 - Oct 7 with 2965 viewsJosey_Wales37

Big future ahead for him I reckon, could see it in academy games. When he adds goals he will be frighteningly good. His final ball yesterday was much improved too.
Dan James. on 17:54 - Oct 7 with 2843 viewsBadlands

Ipswich put two ,markers on him and quickly brought a third across. He was certainly no more tired than the defenders he was against.
Like Robbie James?
Don't see it myself and hard to compare.
Dan seems to be an out and out winger whereas Robbie played wide occasionally but mostly what we'd now call a number 10.
He also started at a lower level and was just 16.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James. on 17:57 - Oct 7 with 2836 viewsswan65split

Dan James. on 17:54 - Oct 7 by Badlands

Ipswich put two ,markers on him and quickly brought a third across. He was certainly no more tired than the defenders he was against.
Like Robbie James?
Don't see it myself and hard to compare.
Dan seems to be an out and out winger whereas Robbie played wide occasionally but mostly what we'd now call a number 10.
He also started at a lower level and was just 16.

Yes I know he was 16, i was there, Charlton home I think,

The way he attacks players his runs, determined, also a bit of Kevin moore, maybe me? (nostalgia) but he was a pleasure to watch yesterday.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 17:59]
Dan James. on 21:06 - Oct 7 with 2747 viewsLeonWasGod

Dan James. on 07:36 - Oct 7 by jackal

Very impressive today. Monteroesque performance.

Destroyed his full back.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 7:37]

That's because he wasn't a fullback. I loved the way we targeted him though and then he got hauled off at half time. More of that please Dan 👏
Dan James. on 21:13 - Oct 7 with 2734 viewsjasper_T

Looked like he'd been told to stick to the touchline in the first half. Plan worked extremely well except we couldn't/wouldn't get the ball out to him enough.

Picked his moments when to drive forward and when to recycle the play pretty well. His final ball is improving (as I'm sure I've said before he's much, much better coming from the left than the right in this respect). If we can keep him fit he'll develop into a real weapon at this level.
Dan James. on 12:03 - Oct 8 with 2612 viewsTom1912

Dan James. on 21:13 - Oct 7 by jasper_T

Looked like he'd been told to stick to the touchline in the first half. Plan worked extremely well except we couldn't/wouldn't get the ball out to him enough.

Picked his moments when to drive forward and when to recycle the play pretty well. His final ball is improving (as I'm sure I've said before he's much, much better coming from the left than the right in this respect). If we can keep him fit he'll develop into a real weapon at this level.

Re: your last line, did he have injury problems in the U23s?
Dan James. on 12:23 - Oct 8 with 2581 viewsjasper_T

Dan James. on 12:03 - Oct 8 by Tom1912

Re: your last line, did he have injury problems in the U23s?

A fair few, yeah. Some muscular pulls as you often get with young sprinters. A hernia issue that started either just before or just after he returned from his failed Shrewsbury loan. Plus he's always been kicked a lot so needs protecting against basic wear and tear.

He's no Montero but most of last season was spent easing him back into full fitness. Didn't reach his devastating 16-17 form until near the back end of the season. Similar to Connor, I do wonder what might have been had he not been sent on loan and was integrated into the first team sooner by a less conservative/cowardly manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024