Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi today 21:43 - Oct 6 with 5040 viewsAndy1300

What a great goal.

Imagine him in the team with our youngsters...

They could learn so much

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2018/10/06/gylfi-sigurdsson-goal-vs-leicester-2018

Number 1 team in Wales

Gylfi today on 22:19 - Oct 6 with 4006 views34dfgdf54

Players like that don’t play in the Championship. He was leaving when he did regardless, and at the time we were a relatively established premier league side.

Absolute quality though I agree.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 23:09]
Gylfi today on 22:20 - Oct 6 with 3993 viewsomarjack

Insane goal, He's starting to show great quality with Everton. Already 5 goals in 8 matches, superb for a number 10.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Gylfi today on 22:21 - Oct 6 with 3987 viewsdickythorpe

You have to appreciate good football. The more you see it, the more you realise what a talent this guy is.
Loved him for us.
Gylfi today on 23:01 - Oct 6 with 3930 viewsJackFish

That can't be Gylfi surely, I thought he could only do it from set pieces?
Gylfi today on 23:08 - Oct 6 with 3913 viewsicecoldjack

Gylfi today on 23:01 - Oct 6 by JackFish

That can't be Gylfi surely, I thought he could only do it from set pieces?

It's not Gylfi it's a one trick pony, as our relegation proved we were much better off without him ..at least that's what the Res was saying for the 9 months before we fell down the trap door .

Class player, his goals and assists kept us 2/3 seasons longer in the premier league than we perhaps deserved, good luck to him, made us multi millions and will go down as one of our greatest players ever.
Gylfi today on 23:43 - Oct 6 with 3860 viewstheloneranger

50th Premier League goal.

19 goals from outside the box.

One Trick Pony ... NAH !!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Gylfi today on 00:19 - Oct 7 with 3815 viewsmajorraglan

Stoncking goal from a quality player.
Gylfi today on 00:51 - Oct 7 with 3785 viewsjack247

We’ve got to get past this. One of the best players I’ve seen in a Swansea shirt, but he’s not here anyone, just like Joe Allen. The way we are playing now, much like under Martinez and Rodgers, the team is greater than any individual.

Not for a second doubting his quality, but we’re about quick, incisive passing movements now, not the occasional moment of absolute individual quality that he used to provide.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi today on 02:11 - Oct 7 with 3738 viewsE20Jack

Gylfi today on 00:51 - Oct 7 by jack247

We’ve got to get past this. One of the best players I’ve seen in a Swansea shirt, but he’s not here anyone, just like Joe Allen. The way we are playing now, much like under Martinez and Rodgers, the team is greater than any individual.

Not for a second doubting his quality, but we’re about quick, incisive passing movements now, not the occasional moment of absolute individual quality that he used to provide.

Spot on.

We sold him so we could regenerate our style. As we were, it was a matter of time before relegated, and only a couple of inspired managerial changes for firefighters stopped it earlier. It's astonishing how many still can't grasp this.

Give me this young, exciting side playing FFF© in the Championship than clogging our way to 37-40 points any day.

This reboot has been incredibly refreshing and breathed life into Swansea again. Yet we still have morons wanting us to chuck money we don't have on other players.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gylfi today on 07:10 - Oct 7 with 3655 viewsbuilthjack

Fantastic goal from a superb player.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gylfi today on 09:26 - Oct 7 with 3546 viewsangryjack

What the same quick and incisive passing movements that we had when Brendan Rodgers first signed him so you're saying he can't play that system..what a clown
Gylfi today on 09:53 - Oct 7 with 3500 viewsawayjack

Fair enough a lot of swans fans have stopped watching PL this year but still comment on old myths. Those that do watch have seen Siggy rated by most as best AM in PL this season, aside from usual brilliance, his passing and movement is cutting defences wide open. One of our best ever and would’ve suited a fast free flowing game but we moved away from that style when we appointed Monk.
Gylfi today on 10:44 - Oct 7 with 3461 viewsJango

Gylfi today on 09:53 - Oct 7 by awayjack

Fair enough a lot of swans fans have stopped watching PL this year but still comment on old myths. Those that do watch have seen Siggy rated by most as best AM in PL this season, aside from usual brilliance, his passing and movement is cutting defences wide open. One of our best ever and would’ve suited a fast free flowing game but we moved away from that style when we appointed Monk.

“If you look at his stats he’s a luxury, £45million is massive for Everton, they’ve got to be getting a lot more from him,We’re not talking about a young player, he’s 29. He’s got to be doing it now. What they have got back from him for £45 million is not enough."

That was a Jamie Carragher live ok sky a couple of weeks ago. An Everton fan who watches more prem games than most. He’s had a couple of good games but let’s not pretend his time at Everton has been a raging success up to now because it hasn’t.

And Hazard is an AM Incase you’ve forgotten.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 10:47]
Gylfi today on 10:50 - Oct 7 with 3450 viewsDarran

Gylfi today on 02:11 - Oct 7 by E20Jack

Spot on.

We sold him so we could regenerate our style. As we were, it was a matter of time before relegated, and only a couple of inspired managerial changes for firefighters stopped it earlier. It's astonishing how many still can't grasp this.

Give me this young, exciting side playing FFF© in the Championship than clogging our way to 37-40 points any day.

This reboot has been incredibly refreshing and breathed life into Swansea again. Yet we still have morons wanting us to chuck money we don't have on other players.

Spot on?

So you don’t agree with The Res then? lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi today on 10:59 - Oct 7 with 3430 viewspeenemunde

Gylfi today on 02:11 - Oct 7 by E20Jack

Spot on.

No the reason he was sold was because he wanted to leave.
Something to do with his wages going from £70,000 PW to £130,000 PW.

All this he was sold to change our style is garbage.
Gylfi today on 11:05 - Oct 7 with 3421 viewsmagicdaps10

Superb player is Gylfi but it was right to sell him at the price we sold him.

The issue was what happened during and after the sale, the money was misused badly.

Back to Siggy, we all knew we were losing a quality player and it is nice to see him getting some form back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi today on 11:11 - Oct 7 with 3407 viewspeenemunde

Gylfi today on 11:05 - Oct 7 by magicdaps10

Superb player is Gylfi but it was right to sell him at the price we sold him.

The issue was what happened during and after the sale, the money was misused badly.

Back to Siggy, we all knew we were losing a quality player and it is nice to see him getting some form back.

Disagree. The only reason it was right to sell GS is because he wanted to leave.
Selling for just footballing reasons is ridiculous and didn’t happen.
GS was as about as good a player that Swansea could attract, because to match his talent, you’d have to spend around £30,000,000 and £100,000 plus a week in wages, which Swansea were just not going to do.

Yes you could get lucky with a Michu type signing, but a lot of luck comes into the equation then.
Gylfi today on 11:25 - Oct 7 with 3386 viewsmagicdaps10

Gylfi today on 11:11 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

Disagree. The only reason it was right to sell GS is because he wanted to leave.
GS was as about as good a player that Swansea could attract, because to match his talent, you’d have to spend around £30,000,000 and £100,000 plus a week in wages, which Swansea were just not going to do.

Yes you could get lucky with a Michu type signing, but a lot of luck comes into the equation then.

Wether it was financial or personal reasons, we had a terrific price for him.

How that money was spent was disastrous. If scouting was done correctly then we wouldnt have relied heavily on luck with replacements.......the appointment of Kyle McCauley shows that they realised the scouting department needed sorting.

Gylfi today on 13:47 - Oct 7 with 3278 viewsomarjack

Gylfi today on 11:11 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

You're right unfortunately. I was one of those who were supportive of selling him and buying 2-3 good replacements. Well I was wrong. The market has lost it completely by then and I underestimated it.

Gylfi was irreplaceable for us.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Gylfi today on 14:36 - Oct 7 with 3228 viewsmagicdaps10

Gylfi today on 13:47 - Oct 7 by omarjack

You're right unfortunately. I was one of those who were supportive of selling him and buying 2-3 good replacements. Well I was wrong. The market has lost it completely by then and I underestimated it.

Gylfi was irreplaceable for us.

They knew Siggy was going, they should have sourced a replacement before he went......the trouble is, they are/were not prepared to pit any money in, even if it meant them getting back within a few weeks.

Gylfi today on 14:38 - Oct 7 with 3220 viewsE20Jack

Gylfi today on 14:36 - Oct 7 by magicdaps10

They knew Siggy was going, they should have sourced a replacement before he went......the trouble is, they are/were not prepared to pit any money in, even if it meant them getting back within a few weeks.

They did.

Chadli.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 14:39]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gylfi today on 15:31 - Oct 7 with 3172 viewsjack247

Gylfi today on 09:26 - Oct 7 by angryjack

What the same quick and incisive passing movements that we had when Brendan Rodgers first signed him so you're saying he can't play that system..what a clown

Drop the man crush, it’s embarrassing.

We didn’t play much of that type of football for the last 2 seasons he had here. Not blaming him for that, we just weren’t. He is one of the best we’ve had, but we had a massive offer for him and he made it abundantly clear he wanted to leave.

Selling him was 100% the right thing to do. Replacing him with Clucas wasn’t.
Gylfi today on 15:34 - Oct 7 with 3170 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi today on 14:38 - Oct 7 by E20Jack

They did.

Chadli.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 14:39]

& we ended up with Sam ‘fuking’ Clucas

Gylfi was a quality footballer for us anyone who says different knows very little about football
Gylfi today on 17:17 - Oct 7 with 3100 viewspeenemunde

Gylfi today on 14:36 - Oct 7 by magicdaps10

Name, names ?
Gylfi today on 17:43 - Oct 7 with 3061 viewsmajorraglan

Gylfi was a quality player for Swansea City and it is my belief that his quality and ability was instrumental in Swansea staying in the PL. I dare say a player of his caliber could attract a much a higher wage than what Swansea would/could have paid him and if he wanted out selling him was the right thing to do. Some posters on this thread have talked about using the money to regenerate the playing style, the proceeds of the sale weren’t spent very well and a lot of the money was in my opinion wasted. I suspect that the severity of player sales over the summer was to balance the books from losses incurred and the decrease in tv revenue.

The last few years in the PL were a struggle and the football was pretty poor, the managers had a job on their hands as signings didn’t work out, the quality of the squad decreased and the opposition became stronger.

The new style is a welcome return, but I suspect quite a few of the younger players are only having their chance because needs must. Let’s hope they take their chance and can push the club on towards the PL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024