Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop Tinkering Potter 22:28 - Oct 6 with 3615 viewsDippy

Too many people attempting to be clever.

Potter changing the keeper
McBurnie & Byers doing stupid flicks
Potter taking off VDH
Potter trying to be too clever with selection every game.

We lost.. due to no team cohesion.. cohesion is built by a solid foundation.. especially at home.. too many changes in formation and players.

Poll: Cooper Out

Stop Tinkering Potter on 17:12 - Oct 7 with 540 viewsunion_jack

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:39 - Oct 7 by Cooperman

Only because it didn’t come off.

If we’d have turned them over 3-2 everyone would be creaming themselves over the tactical master class.

I’m very much in the camp of ‘at least he gave it a go’. We wouldn’t have seen Plan B under some of our recent managerial staff.

Good point and one which supports my theory that this season is all about experimenting with formations as well a giving all individuals capable of first team experience a go at it.

I am a little bewildered at the Nordfeldt / Mulder situation but they may be part of the experiment as well.

So long as th squad all buy into it and understand what lies behind Potter's decisions, it should be good in the long run.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stop Tinkering Potter on 18:22 - Oct 7 with 492 viewsbermudajack

After 11 league games I can honestly say I cannot fathom Potter as a manager...
His team Selection, substitutions and formations baffles me continually...

He has had much successes so far and the team are beginning to show positive signs of play...
Then he goes and changes what worked well... why?

Playing one up top, at home, against a team struggling to defend, with your one striker wandering deep and wide, swapping keepers - dropping the one in form (for no reason)

I’m sorry but yesterday as manager he got it all wrong... luckily he’s got a lot more right than wrong already this season, as tactically he left a hole in our defence which Ipswich took full advantage of...

McKay & Assoro - nowhere near the first team please, need a proven striker in January if we want any thoughts of a playoff place as our conversion rate of chance created must be shocking

Dan James - what a performance 👍 he’s earned his place against Villa... but there’s no guarantee with Potter is there? 😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Stop Tinkering Potter on 19:09 - Oct 7 with 450 viewsFlashberryjack

Stop Tinkering Potter on 01:49 - Oct 7 by Glyn1

I'm assuming that neither of them want to be a reserve keeper in the Championship, so one of them will be departing in January. Potter would want to see them both play in several league matches to assess which of them is the better player and should be kept in January.

If that's correct, then expect each of them to play 2 or 3 games in a row, and then be replaced by the other one for the next 2 or 3 games. They're playing for their place at the club.

Nonsense.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024