Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop Tinkering Potter 22:28 - Oct 6 with 3557 viewsDippy

Too many people attempting to be clever.

Potter changing the keeper
McBurnie & Byers doing stupid flicks
Potter taking off VDH
Potter trying to be too clever with selection every game.

We lost.. due to no team cohesion.. cohesion is built by a solid foundation.. especially at home.. too many changes in formation and players.

Poll: Cooper Out

Stop Tinkering Potter on 22:32 - Oct 6 with 3003 views34dfgdf54

I’m not getting the keeper situation at all I must be honest.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:59 - Oct 6 with 2949 viewsdickythorpe

Stop Tinkering Potter on 23:39 - Oct 6 with 2857 viewsjackboy1966

Keeper situation sorry muller nos 1. The rest stop changing every game. You play well you stay in the team
Stop Tinkering Potter on 01:49 - Oct 7 with 2748 viewsGlyn1

Stop Tinkering Potter on 22:32 - Oct 6 by 34dfgdf54

I’m not getting the keeper situation at all I must be honest.

I'm assuming that neither of them want to be a reserve keeper in the Championship, so one of them will be departing in January. Potter would want to see them both play in several league matches to assess which of them is the better player and should be kept in January.

If that's correct, then expect each of them to play 2 or 3 games in a row, and then be replaced by the other one for the next 2 or 3 games. They're playing for their place at the club.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 02:56 - Oct 7 with 2718 viewslonglostjack

Rotating keepers is a bloody joke.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stop Tinkering Potter on 03:20 - Oct 7 with 2701 viewsLoyal

Stop Tinkering Potter on 01:49 - Oct 7 by Glyn1

I'm assuming that neither of them want to be a reserve keeper in the Championship, so one of them will be departing in January. Potter would want to see them both play in several league matches to assess which of them is the better player and should be kept in January.

If that's correct, then expect each of them to play 2 or 3 games in a row, and then be replaced by the other one for the next 2 or 3 games. They're playing for their place at the club.

Not at the clubs expense regards league position they shouldn't be rotated.
That's ridiculous.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stop Tinkering Potter on 06:55 - Oct 7 with 2621 viewsjackal

Stop Tinkering Potter on 02:56 - Oct 7 by longlostjack

Rotating keepers is a bloody joke.

This.

Playing regularly is the key to consistency.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:19 - Oct 7 with 2593 viewskarnataka

Certain changes I can understand but the keeper isn't one of them.

CBR & Oli together worked really well against QPR but I understood why he didn't risk that away at Wigan who are strong at home and we needed another man in midfield. Worked well and we were unlucky not to win up there. However, I fully expected CBR to come back in so we had a more attacking lineup against a struggling Ipswich at home but that didn't happen and I don't understand why.

Did vdH have a knock yesterday? If not, that was a bizarre substitution and if he did, surely CCV was on the bench for that very reason. Puzzling.
Login to get fewer ads

Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:50 - Oct 7 with 2536 viewsTenbySwan

Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:19 - Oct 7 by karnataka

CBR & Oli together worked really well against QPR but I understood why he didn't risk that away at Wigan who are strong at home and we needed another man in midfield. Worked well and we were unlucky not to win up there. However, I fully expected CBR to come back in so we had a more attacking lineup against a struggling Ipswich at home but that didn't happen and I don't understand why.

Did vdH have a knock yesterday? If not, that was a bizarre substitution and if he did, surely CCV was on the bench for that very reason. Puzzling.

Potter went 3 at the back to try and get back in the game.

It worked when we equalised but sadly backfired when we conceded the third at the corner from the space that VDH would have been defending, which Ipswich cleverly attacked.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 8:30]
Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:52 - Oct 7 with 2530 viewsCooperman

Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:19 - Oct 7 by karnataka

I think the VdH change was tactical rather than forced by injury.

Defender off, McKay on in a forward position. Potter went for broke.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Stop Tinkering Potter on 10:05 - Oct 7 with 2299 views34dfgdf54

Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:50 - Oct 7 by TenbySwan

Potter went 3 at the back to try and get back in the game.

It worked when we equalised but sadly backfired when we conceded the third at the corner from the space that VDH would have been defending, which Ipswich cleverly attacked.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 8:30]

Nordfeldt should save it regardless in my opinion.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 10:12 - Oct 7 with 2279 viewsCatullus

The way our squad is, tinkering is inevitable right now. Maybe when/if we have a fully fit squad (or maybe1/2/3 new players in January) that will change.

Regardless, the one position we need to stop tinkering with is goalkeeper, when Mulder was there we looked safer. Nordfelt was poor yesterday and purely on that Mulder deserves to be playing next game, he didn't deserve to be dropped to be fair.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stop Tinkering Potter on 10:29 - Oct 7 with 2246 viewsWhiterockin

Stop Tinkering Potter on 10:12 - Oct 7 by Catullus

The way our squad is, tinkering is inevitable right now. Maybe when/if we have a fully fit squad (or maybe1/2/3 new players in January) that will change.

Regardless, the one position we need to stop tinkering with is goalkeeper, when Mulder was there we looked safer. Nordfelt was poor yesterday and purely on that Mulder deserves to be playing next game, he didn't deserve to be dropped to be fair.

(or maybe1/2/3 new players in January)

I forecast that there will more out than in during the next window.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 11:25 - Oct 7 with 2162 viewskarnataka

Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:52 - Oct 7 by Cooperman

I'm sure you're probably right but surely you'd keep vdH on whatever, he's been an absolute rock this season. Still seems strange to me.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 12:11 - Oct 7 with 2070 viewsLoyal

Stop Tinkering Potter on 07:52 - Oct 7 by Cooperman

Thing is he didn't need to, it was a ridiculous move.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 12:23 - Oct 7 with 2041 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I posted this on the Match thread, but it probably applies just as much to this one.
He hasn't learnt that 3 light weight mid fielders does not work.
He hasn't learnt that using the currently best Goal Keeper is the best option and you shouldnt change for the sake of it.
He hasn't learnt that when a youngsters puts the ball in the back of the net as your striker you don't drop him for the next game.
He hasn't learnt that although playing Roberst as a winger (when we are over supplied with wingers) is exciting it weakens our defense.
He also hasn't learnt that when the attack can walk through your mid field and score not to take off your Best all round player in defense and put on an attacking mid.

For me Potter's "magic" is looking a bit tarnished, yes he has used the youngsters, not that he had much choice, but they are only playing as they did for the U23s, their style of playing is down to the Academy management not him.
The only young player down to him is Asoro, say no more.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:39 - Oct 7 with 1945 viewsCooperman

Stop Tinkering Potter on 12:11 - Oct 7 by Loyal

Thing is he didn't need to, it was a ridiculous move.

Only because it didn’t come off.

If we’d have turned them over 3-2 everyone would be creaming themselves over the tactical master class.

I’m very much in the camp of ‘at least he gave it a go’. We wouldn’t have seen Plan B under some of our recent managerial staff.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:41 - Oct 7 with 1941 viewsCooperman

Stop Tinkering Potter on 11:25 - Oct 7 by karnataka

I'm sure you're probably right but surely you'd keep vdH on whatever, he's been an absolute rock this season. Still seems strange to me.

Both CB’s have been immense. I assume he went with leaving yesterday’s best performer on the pitch - IMO at least Rodon had the better game.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:42 - Oct 7 with 1929 viewsE20Jack

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:39 - Oct 7 by Cooperman

If we’d have turned them over 3-2 everyone would be creaming themselves over the tactical master class.

I’m very much in the camp of ‘at least he gave it a go’. We wouldn’t have seen Plan B under some of our recent managerial staff.

Like playing Celina wide last week.

Only on Planetswans can he go from “magic” potter to a tinkering clown in 24 little hours.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:47 - Oct 7 with 1915 viewsCooperman

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:42 - Oct 7 by E20Jack

Like playing Celina wide last week.

Only on Planetswans can he go from “magic” potter to a tinkering clown in 24 little hours.

I’m not a fan of Celina out wide but then I’m not Potter.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 14:08 - Oct 7 with 1864 viewsjackal

I suppose that with so many young and untried players, GP needs to give them game time.

We're going to need them before the season ends. I can't see any new blood coming in January.

Changing keepers, though, is a difficult one.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 14:16 - Oct 7 with 1859 viewsTom1912

To be I honest, I didn’t think there was a need to change the right flank at half time either as we were looking solid there with Roberts getting forward well.
Stop Tinkering Potter on 14:31 - Oct 7 with 1836 viewsCooperman

Stop Tinkering Potter on 14:08 - Oct 7 by jackal

I suppose that with so many young and untried players, GP needs to give them game time.

We're going to need them before the season ends. I can't see any new blood coming in January.

Changing keepers, though, is a difficult one.

I’m ok with some degree of tinkering, but not all.

Comfortable with trying Celina out wide. After all Potter is still only weeks into his tenure and will still be learning about player strengths and weaknesses.

I’m not so comfortable with swapping keepers. I think he’ll go with Mulder from now on and until there is reason to drop him.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 16:39 - Oct 7 with 1732 viewsLoyal

Stop Tinkering Potter on 14:31 - Oct 7 by Cooperman

I’m ok with some degree of tinkering, but not all.

Comfortable with trying Celina out wide. After all Potter is still only weeks into his tenure and will still be learning about player strengths and weaknesses.

I’m not so comfortable with swapping keepers. I think he’ll go with Mulder from now on and until there is reason to drop him.

I hopeful the threat of being dropped doesn't affect his form when and if... He comes back.

Stop Tinkering Potter on 16:49 - Oct 7 with 1717 viewsawayjack

Stop Tinkering Potter on 13:39 - Oct 7 by Cooperman

But we lost 3-2 so it was a mistake. It happens. Potter is getting much more right than wrong and seems like an honest guy that learns from mistakes. Let’s hope at Villa and we put our strongest team out including our Captain and Mulder to start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024