Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate blatant discrimination 21:45 - Oct 7 with 1827 viewsOptimisticJack

An article in the Daily Mail some months back outlined that Alfie Mawson was advised by Gareth Southgate that he needed to be playing in the Premier League if he had any hopes of selection for England.
This week Southgate selects Mount and Dunk both Championship players.
Double standards but no surprise either. Maybe it narks some in authority that Welsh clubs are represented in the English Premier league.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 22:48]

Optimisticjack

Southgate blatant discrimination on 21:52 - Oct 7 with 1785 viewslondonlisa2001

It was only Mawson himself that said that though wasn’t it?

Easy excuse for why he ‘had to leave’.

Club needed him to leave anyway. I know a couple of Fulham fans btw and they’re not overly impressed as yet.
Southgate blatant discrimination on 21:54 - Oct 7 with 1772 viewsKrisP

So based on the Daily Mail saying that Mawson said that Southgate said he needed to be playing in the Premier League, you've determined that Southgate doesn't want Welsh teams in the Premier League? You've also based it on the fact that Brighton's Dunk plays in the Championship so excuse me for not taking this too seriously.
Southgate blatant discrimination on 22:05 - Oct 7 with 1743 viewsOptimisticJack

Southgate blatant discrimination on 21:52 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

It was only Mawson himself that said that though wasn’t it?

Easy excuse for why he ‘had to leave’.

Club needed him to leave anyway. I know a couple of Fulham fans btw and they’re not overly impressed as yet.

Couldn't see Mawson speaking to the national press and implicating Southgate in any way.
This is not about Mawson here and now. It seems he is taking a bit of time settling in at Fulham and who knows if he will appear for England in the future. In my opinion with more experience he probably will get some caps.
Shelvey was playing outstanding for us and got called up for England around this time of the year. When he returned from England duty his head had been turned and was never the same player again for us thereafter.

Optimisticjack

Southgate blatant discrimination on 22:17 - Oct 7 with 1699 viewslondonlisa2001

Southgate blatant discrimination on 22:05 - Oct 7 by OptimisticJack

Couldn't see Mawson speaking to the national press and implicating Southgate in any way.
This is not about Mawson here and now. It seems he is taking a bit of time settling in at Fulham and who knows if he will appear for England in the future. In my opinion with more experience he probably will get some caps.
Shelvey was playing outstanding for us and got called up for England around this time of the year. When he returned from England duty his head had been turned and was never the same player again for us thereafter.

I don’t think it implicates Southgate. I’ve no doubt it’s easier to get a cap while in the premier league - I was just saying it was an easy reason to give for leaving.

I personally don’t think Mawson played as well for us when he came back from a national squad call up last season let alone Shelvey.
Southgate blatant discrimination on 22:37 - Oct 7 with 1644 viewsOptimisticJack

Southgate blatant discrimination on 22:17 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think it implicates Southgate. I’ve no doubt it’s easier to get a cap while in the premier league - I was just saying it was an easy reason to give for leaving.

I personally don’t think Mawson played as well for us when he came back from a national squad call up last season let alone Shelvey.

Agree Lisa. Both Mawson and Shelvey were not the same players after returning from international duty with England.
Maybe just a coincidence. Purely hypothetical now anyway.

Optimisticjack

Southgate blatant discrimination on 00:07 - Oct 8 with 1549 viewsLoyal

Mawson getting his just desserts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Southgate blatant discrimination on 16:44 - Oct 8 with 1245 viewsEU5Makaveli

Mawson’s been poor this year- taken off at half time in their game against Watford
Southgate blatant discrimination on 17:51 - Oct 8 with 1145 viewssherpajacob

would anybody now take back mawson in a swap for Rodon?

Hopefully will see Joe get his first cap on Thursday

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Southgate blatant discrimination on 21:05 - Oct 8 with 964 viewsOptimisticJack

Southgate blatant discrimination on 17:51 - Oct 8 by sherpajacob

would anybody now take back mawson in a swap for Rodon?

Hopefully will see Joe get his first cap on Thursday

The advantage of being in our current position is that the youngsters are being given an opportunity which they probably would not have had otherwise in the Premier league.
About FOUR years back I visited the Landore academy for a tour of the facilities and a presentation from Nigel Rees our academy manager. He stated that out of all the youngsters in the academy at that time ONLY ONE was likely to make the grade with us. That was a shocking and frightening statistic and so sad for the many youngsters who had set their sights on getting into the first team and perhaps being the next Ben Davies.
Thankfully this is no longer the case now we are in the Championship. I'm absolutely loving seeing the likes of Conner Roberts, Joe Roden,Daniel James and the many others thriving in this league under the astute guidance of Graham Potter.
No doubt Ryan Giggs and the Welsh set up feel the same as me. If we progress like this , a number of our young Swans will be the backbone of the Welsh team once again for many years to come,as it always was in the past.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 21:08]

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024