Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Spain 09:15 - Oct 8 with 11229 viewsbuilthjack

Looking like around a 50,000 crowd. Not bad for a Thursday night friendly.
Plenty of tickets left though. A chance to see a number of Swans perform.
Rodon could get 20 minutes in this one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Spain on 21:33 - Oct 12 with 998 viewsDr_Winston

Wales v Spain on 21:27 - Oct 12 by bluey_the_blue

You're aware Giggs could only play for England schoolboys due to the agreed regulations at the time that kids could only play for the nation where they were in full time education at?

Don't disagree with your points. Giggs was appointed due to being Giggs. I fear we'll beat worse sides like N Ireland, get turned over by Denmark, Spain et al. I also fear a good generation will be wasted as a result.

Let's be honest, Giggs only played for Wales because they were the only National team he qualified for. It was either that or spend every International weekend bored out of his skull in Manchester. If he qualified for England he'd have played for them.

Welsh in name only. A Manc restricted by accident of birth.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales v Spain on 21:40 - Oct 12 with 981 viewsMrSwerve

Wales v Spain on 15:01 - Oct 12 by jackharris

Okay you were talking about a friendly I don’t even remember. Yes 36,000 not bad... just before Germany went out to Japan and South Korea to play in the World Cup Finals.

Around the time we played and beat Italy 2-1 we played Azerbaijan in front of 72,500 fans. Those were good days. We were having some of the biggest International crowds in Europe at the time because Wembley was being rebuilt and the major European Nations were staging their games in a variety of stadia, etc. Prices were really good, too...
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:03]

That's why I said during the Mark Hughes days.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wales v Spain on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 973 viewskrunchykarrot

Wales v Spain on 21:06 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

Well as regards who would we have to replace Giggs then I have no idea. The Welsh barrel has been well and truly scraped. A continental manager perhaps? Frankie Guidolin? :-)
The free kick was the best example of incompetence I agree. We did not cover ourselves in glory with the other two either.
The passing game does not necessarily produce spectacular goals I agree. The opposite in fact as they often end in tap ins. Nothing like the first three goals we conceded which were the result of a goal keeping cock up, failure to mark the opponent and plain ball watching.
The Swansea Way was unique but we lost it. Fortunately the U23s carried on their own merry way. Unfortunately there is precious little evidence of other clubs doing the same.
The shame is I can see us having to break the whole shooting match and it being disbanded if the clowns in charge remain in post.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 21:07]

Im trying to say that Giggs has a promising bunch of youngsters and with Roberts can get them playing a bit if he gets the time, playing some of them v Spain would have been a tough gig and could have damaged confidence .

My wife said what the hell are they doing when the wall was lining up for the free kick goal for gods sake and i think a young CH would have competed there and stopped it.

The Swansea way, teams have tried doing it since the great Spurs side with differing success. I agree U23 carried on and we should fund accademy and recognise the coaches.

Heres a thing though Spain manage to get enough players for three national sides playing the same way and even lower teams in the La Liga try as if they know if you get it right its hard to stop.

Look at Warnock,Big Sam and i never got what Redknaps about and theres more i could name playing crap football. Martinez did it at SCFC but not at Everton with big budget is it a time thing?

Anyway hope your enjoying Potters Swans, lots of good things to put our faith in at the moment. I was out of my seat on my jacksy shouting"WTF" at our keeper for playing a 1-2 in our six yard box by the time Celina had the ball on the half way everyone was up screaming "pass shoot just score"so thats what makes this game great.

Cheers
Wales v Spain on 22:20 - Oct 12 with 946 viewsjasper_T

Wales v Spain on 21:27 - Oct 12 by bluey_the_blue

You're aware Giggs could only play for England schoolboys due to the agreed regulations at the time that kids could only play for the nation where they were in full time education at?

Don't disagree with your points. Giggs was appointed due to being Giggs. I fear we'll beat worse sides like N Ireland, get turned over by Denmark, Spain et al. I also fear a good generation will be wasted as a result.

Giggs won't stick in the job long enough to waste a generation of talent. He'll be off as soon as a desperate club come calling.
Wales v Spain on 23:08 - Oct 12 with 908 viewsLoyal

One defeat WITH players that are missing
CHILL OUT FFS.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wales v Spain on 20:28 - Oct 15 with 738 viewsPrivate_Partz

England are absolutely destroying Spain at the moment. I am sure the Spaniards willl come back at them but at the moment it is smash and grab of the highest order.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024