Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Spain 09:15 - Oct 8 with 11232 viewsbuilthjack

Looking like around a 50,000 crowd. Not bad for a Thursday night friendly.
Plenty of tickets left though. A chance to see a number of Swans perform.
Rodon could get 20 minutes in this one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Spain on 23:42 - Oct 11 with 2028 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Spain on 23:36 - Oct 11 by majorraglan

Disappointing performance and a disappointing result, Spain were the much better team.

I also watched the game on S4C and thought the atmosphere was very flat, the Principality Stadium is a big ground, a 50,000 crowd is about 2/3rds full and with lots of new fans and potentially young children it could be hard to generate an atmosphere especially when playing below par.

Let’s hope the players have got the poor game out of their system and we can move forward to next week as there is no reason we can’t get a good result out there.

So glad to see the likes of smith and brooks come on,they both played well and will be ready to come on and do the same v the irish on tuesdsy

Just hope that bale will be fit as it could be abjt of a struggle without him
Wales v Spain on 23:44 - Oct 11 with 2026 viewsbonymine

Wales v Spain on 23:36 - Oct 11 by majorraglan

Disappointing performance and a disappointing result, Spain were the much better team.

I also watched the game on S4C and thought the atmosphere was very flat, the Principality Stadium is a big ground, a 50,000 crowd is about 2/3rds full and with lots of new fans and potentially young children it could be hard to generate an atmosphere especially when playing below par.

Let’s hope the players have got the poor game out of their system and we can move forward to next week as there is no reason we can’t get a good result out there.

The game was moved for one reason only ....💷💷💷💷

Any competitive game we play should be played at CCS no doubt at all given the ‘Red Wall’ seating/singing sections etc there, tonight was simply a money spinner to get ‘bums on seats’.

I don’t see us playing there again tbh despite capacity the atmosphere was non existent.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Wales v Spain on 23:46 - Oct 11 with 2021 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Spain on 23:44 - Oct 11 by bonymine

The game was moved for one reason only ....💷💷💷💷

Any competitive game we play should be played at CCS no doubt at all given the ‘Red Wall’ seating/singing sections etc there, tonight was simply a money spinner to get ‘bums on seats’.

I don’t see us playing there again tbh despite capacity the atmosphere was non existent.

And this^
Wales v Spain on 23:49 - Oct 11 with 2012 viewsChief

Wales v Spain on 23:22 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

Watched via S4C

The atmosphere sounded awful even though we.were getting battered

Ashamed to say the atmos would have been better at CCS

CCS at Wales games Fireboy! For Wales games there, it especially competive ones its genuinely a good atmosphere that opposing teams do not want to face. Forget the complex with the scum at Legoland for Wales, the place was bouncing for the demolition of Ireland a few months back, and that wasn't a full house, the public of Cardiff deciding not to turn out

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales v Spain on 07:33 - Oct 12 with 1836 viewsMrSwerve

The atmosphere was decent there in the Mark Hughes days from what I remember. The Italy and Germany games were great. Not sure people are interested enough in international football to fill out 75k seats anymore, unless it was a huge game.

30-35k is enough capacity, and the atmosphere is fine at the CSS.

Edit: did a bit of digging and shocked to see that the Germany game attendance was only 37k...seemed a lot louder there at the time. The Italy game was about 72k.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 7:39]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wales v Spain on 08:06 - Oct 12 with 1805 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Spain on 23:49 - Oct 11 by Chief

CCS at Wales games Fireboy! For Wales games there, it especially competive ones its genuinely a good atmosphere that opposing teams do not want to face. Forget the complex with the scum at Legoland for Wales, the place was bouncing for the demolition of Ireland a few months back, and that wasn't a full house, the public of Cardiff deciding not to turn out

I know its a great atmosphere there chiefy,been a few times and went to the roi game and that wasnt the best atmosphere ive experienced there

Reading the posts on the apostle site theres an overwhelming sway to keep big qualifying games at the ccs and rightly so,its atmosphere definitely helps us
Wales v Spain on 08:41 - Oct 12 with 1770 viewsdcd14

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45833457

Vokes wants to stay at Principality.
Wales v Spain on 08:46 - Oct 12 with 1767 viewsChief

Wales v Spain on 08:06 - Oct 12 by Fireboy2

I know its a great atmosphere there chiefy,been a few times and went to the roi game and that wasnt the best atmosphere ive experienced there

Reading the posts on the apostle site theres an overwhelming sway to keep big qualifying games at the ccs and rightly so,its atmosphere definitely helps us

Yea you're the right. The atmosphere was better at the Ireland game we lost.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Spain on 11:46 - Oct 12 with 1647 viewskrunchykarrot

Wales v Spain on 23:32 - Oct 11 by bonymine

Agree.

Giggs’ post match interview basically said ‘we didn’t do the basics right’ in his usual monotone voice and as I see it there’s only so far a former player’s ‘legendary’ status will carry a team as a fledgling Manager, especially at international level, and as a first appointment I just don’t see Giggs as an inspirational/motivational coach/Manager in the dressing room.

Indeed, Osian Roberts is no doubt more passionate in that dressing room than Giggs (who played for England Schoolboys of course), Osian was inspirational as the Coach of the Wales ‘Victory Shield’ Squad 6/7 years back when he coached my son who thrived under him.

I fully appreciate that Spain are not only on another level but indeed several levels to Wales but I want to give Giggs time in his role and see where we finish after our games against Ireland and Denmark.

However,from a personal perspective, I was glad when we, in my opinion, ‘dodged a bullet’ by not appointing him (despite his impressive slideshow 😉) as our Manager and as much as I would love to be proved wrong I get the feeling that the exciting young talent we now have like Connor, Brooks, Wilson, Woodburn, Lawrence etc will make us more competitive internationally but essentially it will be IN SPITE of Giggs rather than because of him.

My opinion only of course, your thoughts and comments welcome !!!

As i said above what would people have done different? I agree with you we must give these youngsters a chance and i personally think Giggs and Roberts combo is a excellent match at this time and patience needed.

Giggs knows exposing kids against that side which most probably could put their third side out and give us a problem would not benefit progression.

A good example of this and to expand Spain last night played patient perfect passing football if it was the third side playing ditto, an identity coached through side but this can all go out the window as documented and a World Cup shafted.

So now we have to play all of them going forward and its time to say goodbye to certain senior players and develop our own style. Now i know fans have biased personal opinions on Giggs but from a purely footballing stance i think he is the perfect person for progression. We dont want or need a situation where we appoint someone like Big Sam or similar and put us back years, what were they thinking!!!!!

I would like to ask you about Osian as i have been told by people who's opinions i trust that he is a superb Technical coach and it was him behind the Euro run and is highly respected by the players.
Wales v Spain on 11:59 - Oct 12 with 1624 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wales v Spain on 11:46 - Oct 12 by krunchykarrot

As i said above what would people have done different? I agree with you we must give these youngsters a chance and i personally think Giggs and Roberts combo is a excellent match at this time and patience needed.

Giggs knows exposing kids against that side which most probably could put their third side out and give us a problem would not benefit progression.

A good example of this and to expand Spain last night played patient perfect passing football if it was the third side playing ditto, an identity coached through side but this can all go out the window as documented and a World Cup shafted.

So now we have to play all of them going forward and its time to say goodbye to certain senior players and develop our own style. Now i know fans have biased personal opinions on Giggs but from a purely footballing stance i think he is the perfect person for progression. We dont want or need a situation where we appoint someone like Big Sam or similar and put us back years, what were they thinking!!!!!

I would like to ask you about Osian as i have been told by people who's opinions i trust that he is a superb Technical coach and it was him behind the Euro run and is highly respected by the players.

Cant say I agree with the optimism surrounding Giggs. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights last night. Some of the worst defending from any team I have seen. OK we couldn't get a kick but at least we could have set up to make it difficult for them. They hardly got out of second gear.
As for which ground we play on then I feel it is totally irrelevant. We should be playing all over Wales and not just faffing about in Cardiff.
Unless Giggs and Co pull their fingers out I see only dark days ahead.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wales v Spain on 13:07 - Oct 12 with 1565 viewskrunchykarrot

Wales v Spain on 11:59 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

Cant say I agree with the optimism surrounding Giggs. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights last night. Some of the worst defending from any team I have seen. OK we couldn't get a kick but at least we could have set up to make it difficult for them. They hardly got out of second gear.
As for which ground we play on then I feel it is totally irrelevant. We should be playing all over Wales and not just faffing about in Cardiff.
Unless Giggs and Co pull their fingers out I see only dark days ahead.

Giggs played a side he knew was lacking in defensive ability to stop Spain, if your saying that Giggs didnt see it coming ill have to disagree as most in the local had money on a 4-0 loss, and we will see different approach and team V ROI.

I dont think they have gears so to speak its their style passing to the space making players take minimum touches moving it about slowly quickly whatever as it is controlled. Yes you can set up to stop it but you require a pair of exceptional central midfielders (see ball, get ball) to win possesion and i dont know if the game these days would permit. Therefore we are stuck with the pressing game forcing mistakes.

The ground shouldnt matter unless 100,00 fans want to see you play.
Wales v Spain on 13:15 - Oct 12 with 1554 viewsBadlands

Wales v Spain on 07:33 - Oct 12 by MrSwerve

The atmosphere was decent there in the Mark Hughes days from what I remember. The Italy and Germany games were great. Not sure people are interested enough in international football to fill out 75k seats anymore, unless it was a huge game.

Edit: did a bit of digging and shocked to see that the Germany game attendance was only 37k...seemed a lot louder there at the time. The Italy game was about 72k.

Weren't ticket £5 or something ridiculous?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales v Spain on 13:29 - Oct 12 with 1539 viewsjackharris

Wales v Spain on 07:33 - Oct 12 by MrSwerve

Mr Swerve the Germany game in 1991 was at the old Arms Park which at the time had a capacity of under 55,000, however, it was restricted by UEFA to a capacity of just under 38,000 because that is how many seats were there. The lower West Terrace and the East Upper and Lower Terraces were closed. The atmosphere was outstanding. We should have installed temporary seating on the east terraces, like the Irish used to do at the old Landsdown Road. The demand was massive for tickets, some tickets were stolen. And just before the game started a big group of fans by us had to leave because they had bought the stolen tickets.

For the younger fans:
The East Lower Terrace

The East Upper and Lower Terraces
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Wales v Spain on 14:08 - Oct 12 with 1502 viewsMrSwerve

Wales v Spain on 13:29 - Oct 12 by jackharris

Mr Swerve the Germany game in 1991 was at the old Arms Park which at the time had a capacity of under 55,000, however, it was restricted by UEFA to a capacity of just under 38,000 because that is how many seats were there. The lower West Terrace and the East Upper and Lower Terraces were closed. The atmosphere was outstanding. We should have installed temporary seating on the east terraces, like the Irish used to do at the old Landsdown Road. The demand was massive for tickets, some tickets were stolen. And just before the game started a big group of fans by us had to leave because they had bought the stolen tickets.

For the younger fans:
The East Lower Terrace

The East Upper and Lower Terraces
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:02]

Nope - it was at the Millennium Stadium (roof was closed), in 2002.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/germany/newsid_1986000/1

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wales v Spain on 14:14 - Oct 12 with 1498 viewsJack_y_Jwc

We played Germany again in 2002 and beat them 1-0 again, think it was Earnie's first goal for Wales.
The Italy game is up there with the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a football
match (along with the Forest play-off semi), I ended up missing 3 days of lectures at uni as a result.

Wales v Spain on 14:56 - Oct 12 with 1462 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wales v Spain on 13:07 - Oct 12 by krunchykarrot

Giggs played a side he knew was lacking in defensive ability to stop Spain, if your saying that Giggs didnt see it coming ill have to disagree as most in the local had money on a 4-0 loss, and we will see different approach and team V ROI.

I dont think they have gears so to speak its their style passing to the space making players take minimum touches moving it about slowly quickly whatever as it is controlled. Yes you can set up to stop it but you require a pair of exceptional central midfielders (see ball, get ball) to win possesion and i dont know if the game these days would permit. Therefore we are stuck with the pressing game forcing mistakes.

The ground shouldnt matter unless 100,00 fans want to see you play.

Are you saying Giggs put out a side that he knew could not defend against Spain? if so that would make me feel that he is even less suitable as a manager. Look at the goals. They did not come about through tikka takka brilliance. it was just rank incompetence by Wales. I only saw three goals before turning off in disgust.
Spain do have gears or an accelerator based on the speed and intensity of their passing.
One thing this match did highlight is why so many foreign players are preferred to British in the Premier League and why home grown players attract stupid money. There are very few top class around.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wales v Spain on 15:01 - Oct 12 with 1455 viewsjackharris

Wales v Spain on 14:08 - Oct 12 by MrSwerve

Nope - it was at the Millennium Stadium (roof was closed), in 2002.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/germany/newsid_1986000/1

Okay you were talking about a friendly I don’t even remember. Yes 36,000 not bad... just before Germany went out to Japan and South Korea to play in the World Cup Finals.

Around the time we played and beat Italy 2-1 we played Azerbaijan in front of 72,500 fans. Those were good days. We were having some of the biggest International crowds in Europe at the time because Wembley was being rebuilt and the major European Nations were staging their games in a variety of stadia, etc. Prices were really good, too...
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:03]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Wales v Spain on 16:14 - Oct 12 with 1405 viewssherpajacob

Wales v Spain on 15:01 - Oct 12 by jackharris

Okay you were talking about a friendly I don’t even remember. Yes 36,000 not bad... just before Germany went out to Japan and South Korea to play in the World Cup Finals.

Around the time we played and beat Italy 2-1 we played Azerbaijan in front of 72,500 fans. Those were good days. We were having some of the biggest International crowds in Europe at the time because Wembley was being rebuilt and the major European Nations were staging their games in a variety of stadia, etc. Prices were really good, too...
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:03]

The Germany 2002 friendly was fairly hastily arranged as I recall, it was a world cup warm up game for them and they were due to play a group game in a closed roof stadium in japan, so the millennium stadium was the actual reason for the game. I was there behind the goal Earnshaw scored in.

Italy game, the stadium was rocking.

last night took my kid and his mate, lots of families and kids there that possibly wouldn't go to CCS. Not surprisingly a very different atmosphere to a completive qualifying game as it was basically an exhibition match.

I've been to some friendlies at CCS where the atmosphere has been pretty rubbish to be honest.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Wales v Spain on 16:17 - Oct 12 with 1401 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Northern Ireland when Savage was sent off was a cracking atmosphere.

Most of the other times I've been there, it's been like a library!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Wales v Spain on 20:32 - Oct 12 with 1326 viewskrunchykarrot

Wales v Spain on 14:56 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

Are you saying Giggs put out a side that he knew could not defend against Spain? if so that would make me feel that he is even less suitable as a manager. Look at the goals. They did not come about through tikka takka brilliance. it was just rank incompetence by Wales. I only saw three goals before turning off in disgust.
Spain do have gears or an accelerator based on the speed and intensity of their passing.
One thing this match did highlight is why so many foreign players are preferred to British in the Premier League and why home grown players attract stupid money. There are very few top class around.

Giggs put out a side to try and stop Spain playing through us. Why do you think that Giggs and Roberts are not suitable and who would you have prefered?

I agree the goal from freekick was shocking,and ive watched Ash make errors for to long and made worse as he is captain. Tikki Takka football hammers teams in controlled possesion doesnt have to be flash.

The Premier league is the richest therefore hoovers up players managers as money talks see Man City documentary for insight. Or look at our Swans kids at the moment playing a good brand of football and coached well with the cream rising to the top which i believe is the only way to do it. I agree at present there are not many world class players around or it seems managers.
Wales v Spain on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 1303 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wales v Spain on 20:32 - Oct 12 by krunchykarrot

Giggs put out a side to try and stop Spain playing through us. Why do you think that Giggs and Roberts are not suitable and who would you have prefered?

I agree the goal from freekick was shocking,and ive watched Ash make errors for to long and made worse as he is captain. Tikki Takka football hammers teams in controlled possesion doesnt have to be flash.

The Premier league is the richest therefore hoovers up players managers as money talks see Man City documentary for insight. Or look at our Swans kids at the moment playing a good brand of football and coached well with the cream rising to the top which i believe is the only way to do it. I agree at present there are not many world class players around or it seems managers.

Well as regards who would we have to replace Giggs then I have no idea. The Welsh barrel has been well and truly scraped. A continental manager perhaps? Frankie Guidolin? :-)
The free kick was the best example of incompetence I agree. We did not cover ourselves in glory with the other two either.
The passing game does not necessarily produce spectacular goals I agree. The opposite in fact as they often end in tap ins. Nothing like the first three goals we conceded which were the result of a goal keeping cock up, failure to mark the opponent and plain ball watching.
The Swansea Way was unique but we lost it. Fortunately the U23s carried on their own merry way. Unfortunately there is precious little evidence of other clubs doing the same.
The shame is I can see us having to break the whole shooting match and it being disbanded if the clowns in charge remain in post.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 21:07]

Wales v Spain on 21:16 - Oct 12 with 1292 viewsDr_Winston

There's an oddly high number of people who are desperate for every game to be played at Legoland, which seems strange to me.

Not that I give much of a shit, but surely the games should be spaced out equally between Cardiff, Swansea, and Wrexham whenever possible?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales v Spain on 21:21 - Oct 12 with 1286 viewsDarran

Ive probably been to about 100 Wales games in the past but I haven’t been for about 10 years,I took my Grandson to his first Wales game last night and he absolutely loved it.
Going by a lot of posts on twitter I shouldn’t have been there though,I don’t watch Wales regularly at the CCS see.

Çunts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wales v Spain on 21:23 - Oct 12 with 1282 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wales v Spain on 21:16 - Oct 12 by Dr_Winston

There's an oddly high number of people who are desperate for every game to be played at Legoland, which seems strange to me.

Not that I give much of a shit, but surely the games should be spaced out equally between Cardiff, Swansea, and Wrexham whenever possible?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Spot on Doc.

Wales v Spain on 21:27 - Oct 12 with 1275 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wales v Spain on 23:32 - Oct 11 by bonymine

Agree.

Giggs’ post match interview basically said ‘we didn’t do the basics right’ in his usual monotone voice and as I see it there’s only so far a former player’s ‘legendary’ status will carry a team as a fledgling Manager, especially at international level, and as a first appointment I just don’t see Giggs as an inspirational/motivational coach/Manager in the dressing room.

Indeed, Osian Roberts is no doubt more passionate in that dressing room than Giggs (who played for England Schoolboys of course), Osian was inspirational as the Coach of the Wales ‘Victory Shield’ Squad 6/7 years back when he coached my son who thrived under him.

I fully appreciate that Spain are not only on another level but indeed several levels to Wales but I want to give Giggs time in his role and see where we finish after our games against Ireland and Denmark.

However,from a personal perspective, I was glad when we, in my opinion, ‘dodged a bullet’ by not appointing him (despite his impressive slideshow 😉) as our Manager and as much as I would love to be proved wrong I get the feeling that the exciting young talent we now have like Connor, Brooks, Wilson, Woodburn, Lawrence etc will make us more competitive internationally but essentially it will be IN SPITE of Giggs rather than because of him.

My opinion only of course, your thoughts and comments welcome !!!

You're aware Giggs could only play for England schoolboys due to the agreed regulations at the time that kids could only play for the nation where they were in full time education at?

Don't disagree with your points. Giggs was appointed due to being Giggs. I fear we'll beat worse sides like N Ireland, get turned over by Denmark, Spain et al. I also fear a good generation will be wasted as a result.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024