Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Trust E-mail. 10:05 - Oct 8 with 17522 viewsPegojack

It must be crystal clear to everyone by now that the current and previous owners are treating the Trust and by implication the fanbase with complete contempt.

Get them into court ASAP.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 10:07]
Today's Trust E-mail. on 10:17 - Oct 8 with 9172 viewsCooperman

I recall reading a post from Lisa that implied that she had not seen monthly accounts since June - apologies if my understanding is incorrect, Lisa.

Does today’s email mean that the Trust is not seeing any monthly financial data? The club should have a very good handle on the FY forecast and the Trust should be able to see it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Today's Trust E-mail. on 10:22 - Oct 8 with 9154 viewscentrestandswan

Battle lines are being drawn.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Today's Trust E-mail. on 11:09 - Oct 8 with 9047 viewswobbly

Those bridges are washed away now. Just facking do it.
Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:14 - Oct 8 with 8955 views34dfgdf54

I haven’t received?

Can anyone copy and put it on here?
Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:19 - Oct 8 with 8921 views3swan

Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:14 - Oct 8 by 34dfgdf54

I haven’t received?

From the Twitter account

An update to all current #Swans Trust members has been emailed out at 10am today. If you have yet to receive yours please check your spam folder & email us at communications@swanstrust.co.uk if still not received. To join the Trust for 18/19 simply click: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/
Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:19 - Oct 8 with 8921 viewsCooperman

Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:14 - Oct 8 by 34dfgdf54

I haven’t received?

It has been a month since the Trust held a fans’ forum at the Landore Social Club to update members on various issues related to the club and the Trust. We’d like to again thank all those who were able to attend for what we hope was a useful and informative event. As a Board we are committed to improving communication and we will be providing regular updates to our members on the progress made on various issues.

As we informed you last month, the Trust Board instructed its lawyers to initiate legal action to obtain documents relating to the 2016 sale of the Club. These documents are important so that we can best advise our members on the next course of action. The good news is that, prior to the issue going to court but not before a lot of unnecessary time and effort has been spent, we have now received one of the required documents and have agreements from the majority owners’ legal representatives of to provide the remainder in the coming days. The Trust board and its advisors are now reviewing the documents we have received to date.

That is the positive news.

In our last update we also talked about how the Trust had sent a comprehensive list of questions to the majority owners of the club so that we could obtain some clarity on the club’s financial position after this summer, understand the reasons why decisions were made as well as seek to ensure that the decisions taken were and continue to be in the best interests of the club. As we mentioned at the Landore forum, the club insisted that a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) was signed by our Supporter Director, Stuart McDonald, which would have stopped him being able to disclose any information to the Trust Board. As noted, this was completely unacceptable. The club then agreed that Stuart did not need to sign such an agreement. However, the club continued to insist that others who would have access to the financial information should sign an NDA that would, in effect, have prohibited those who signed it from making any comment at all on Swansea City related matters. These conditions were also unacceptable.

While there have been numerous discussions on this issue over some time, the Trust and club have not yet been able to come to a satisfactory agreement. This issue will remain open, and we will of course update members if any further progress is made.

In terms of an update relating to the mediation process, there has still been no response from the majority owners or other parties relating to the Trust’s claim. We are now almost two months past the maximum timeline of three months that the Practice Direction, the legal guidelines which parties in dispute should follow before they can start court proceedings, allows. This lack of response is unacceptable. In our last update we stated that we were currently in discussions regarding arranging a meeting between the Trust, majority owners and other parties. After a month, despite regular prompting from the Trust, we are still no further forward in arranging that meeting, with no clear idea of whether there is any intention or desire on the part of the other parties to attend such a meeting.

The Trust Board understands that there may be differing views among members about the direction the Trust should take regarding our shareholding in the club. It is for that reason that the Trust has always wanted to be able to provide as many different options as possible to our members as part of any consultation. Without progress being made in terms of mediation regarding the Trust’s claim, the only options open for Trust members to decide upon will be to proceed to court action or not.

The Trust board will continue to follow the mediation path and keep all lines of communication open in order to identify whether there are alternative options that can also be presented to our members, but we cannot wait indefinitely. In the coming weeks the Trust will plan to start a consultation with members on those options. During this time, the Trust board and its advisors will be preparing the necessary documentation to allow members to make the most informed decision possible.

On playing matters, the Trust would once again like to take the opportunity to applaud the efforts of Graham Potter and the playing squad on their performances and results so far this season. Despite Saturday’s defeat against Ipswich, the change in footballing philosophy is clear for all to see and the feedback we have had from our members regarding performances on the pitch has been very positive. While it is a long season and a lot of things can happen between now and May, it is refreshing to be looking positively to our footballing future.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:23 - Oct 8 with 8892 views34dfgdf54

Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:19 - Oct 8 by 3swan

From the Twitter account

An update to all current #Swans Trust members has been emailed out at 10am today. If you have yet to receive yours please check your spam folder & email us at communications@swanstrust.co.uk if still not received. To join the Trust for 18/19 simply click: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Must have gone straight into junk folder but can’t access that through phone.

Thanks Cooper for putting it on here.
Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:49 - Oct 8 with 8799 viewswaynekerr55

How long before Badlands comes along to tell us all that the trust are 'attacking the club'?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:52 - Oct 8 with 8789 viewschad

At least their complete and utter contempt for us has been consistent since they secretly colluded with the sellouts to stitch us (their future main partners) up, prior to us even being informed of the sale

Perhaps a message there.

They relegated a top 10 longest serving PL club and seem to be selling it as doing us a favour.

They are operating with virtually total control so let’s end the animosity, cash in the 20+Million their actions mean they owe us for our shares and save it, to save the club in future, when needed
Today's Trust E-mail. on 13:11 - Oct 8 with 8724 viewsFireboy2

Today's Trust E-mail. on 12:49 - Oct 8 by waynekerr55

How long before Badlands comes along to tell us all that the trust are 'attacking the club'?

Theres no come back from the tunnel visioned there wayne

But as you say there will be a few trying to back the yanks and sellouts with their futile arguments
Today's Trust E-mail. on 13:13 - Oct 8 with 8724 viewsAguycalledJack

Anybody who:

1. takes as long as they have disclosing documentation
2. request a meeting behind closed doors with no lawyers present
3. want confidentiality agreements signed by fellow directors
4. fail to make crucial financial information available to fellow directors

have clearly got something to hide. Lets hope the disclosure documentation is not doctored like the minutes of the non existent meeting.

The Trust are banging their heads against a brick wall. Get on with it and issue proceedings.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 13:14]
Today's Trust E-mail. on 14:19 - Oct 8 with 8578 viewsmajorraglan

I just wonder are they making things difficult and pushing things to the limit so the Trust has to spend money on solicitors etc, for example non disclosure of documents until late in the day?

If the mediation doesn’t get off the ground or fails, I would be prepared for a major battle around PR because even if there is no deal, prior to litigation taking place the members have to vote for it and that is by no means a given. Most of the posters on here would be in favour, but is that the general consensus? It may be that the sellers/new owners are counting on there being a lack of support.
Today's Trust E-mail. on 14:20 - Oct 8 with 8576 viewspikeypaul

Today's Trust E-mail. on 13:11 - Oct 8 by Fireboy2

Theres no come back from the tunnel visioned there wayne

But as you say there will be a few trying to back the yanks and sellouts with their futile arguments

Uxbridge for one

If his obsession with no legal action to be taken first time around is anything to go by.

How stupid must he feel now with all the promises ignored and him swallowing all the BS.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Today's Trust E-mail. on 14:40 - Oct 8 with 8517 views_

Personally I see all this as a major distraction and just wish it would all just come to an end so we can enjoy the football without more shit being whipped up for the many usual suspects to get their knickers in more twists.

So be that with the Trust selling their shares and forming a non ownership supporters group or just enjoying being a 21% shareholder and allowing the major owners to run the Club as they see fit. Whatever, just as long as we don't get more bloody emails and crap like this from the Trust.

Because that's all the Trust has ever done, it's always just allowed someone else to run the Club and this has been going on for years.

It's painful

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Today's Trust E-mail. on 15:07 - Oct 8 with 8448 viewsShaky

There's an American saying, "Speak softly and carry a big stick".

The time for the former ended a while ago; I thought that was understood?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Today's Trust E-mail. on 15:14 - Oct 8 with 8432 viewsVetchfielder

I'd rather hoped that the Trust would have their finger hovering over the "Send" button at one minute past midnight on 1st September , or whenever the 3 month deadline expired.

I'd rather hoped that they would have used the 3 months 'waiting period' for preparing consultation papers to send to the members straight away when the Yanks missed their deadline. The Trust have however taken a more 'generous' approach but unfortunately we still have to wait another few weeks for the papers to be issued.

Too many deadlines have been missed by the owners, we now just need to put the headphones on, put on some Motorhead to drown out any background noise, and get the voting papers out. It's all gone on too long. I'd also ignore any further approaches from the Yanks or sellouts.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Today's Trust E-mail. on 15:58 - Oct 8 with 8301 viewsUxbridge

Today's Trust E-mail. on 14:20 - Oct 8 by pikeypaul

Uxbridge for one

If his obsession with no legal action to be taken first time around is anything to go by.

How stupid must he feel now with all the promises ignored and him swallowing all the BS.

You are a liar Pikey. A blatant liar. As anyone who has read your other threads can have no doubt.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:04 - Oct 8 with 8286 viewsUxbridge

Today's Trust E-mail. on 14:40 - Oct 8 by _

Personally I see all this as a major distraction and just wish it would all just come to an end so we can enjoy the football without more shit being whipped up for the many usual suspects to get their knickers in more twists.

So be that with the Trust selling their shares and forming a non ownership supporters group or just enjoying being a 21% shareholder and allowing the major owners to run the Club as they see fit. Whatever, just as long as we don't get more bloody emails and crap like this from the Trust.

Because that's all the Trust has ever done, it's always just allowed someone else to run the Club and this has been going on for years.

It's painful

I'd happily see this end too.

It is a distraction from things we should be enjoying on the pitch. For it to end requires engagement from the majority owners, otherwise the options of the members will be limited to two.

And, to be honest, if we're looking at it from a Trust perspective, it can only go one way unless that engagement happens. As ever, that'll be a decision for the members.

I'm sure some will try to obfuscate the matter, but if the members have a choice only between legal action or not, it'll be due to the lack of engagement from the majority owners. They could never argue they've not had ample opportunity.

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:11 - Oct 8 with 8259 viewslonglostjack

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:04 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

It is a distraction from things we should be enjoying on the pitch. For it to end requires engagement from the majority owners, otherwise the options of the members will be limited to two.

And, to be honest, if we're looking at it from a Trust perspective, it can only go one way unless that engagement happens. As ever, that'll be a decision for the members.

I'm sure some will try to obfuscate the matter, but if the members have a choice only between legal action or not, it'll be due to the lack of engagement from the majority owners. They could never argue they've not had ample opportunity.

More than bloody ample opportunity. It’s starting to verge on the ridiculous.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:18 - Oct 8 with 8238 viewsFireboy2

Obfuscate eh?

Clear as day for me Ux
Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:27 - Oct 8 with 8213 viewsUxbridge

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:18 - Oct 8 by Fireboy2

Obfuscate eh?

Clear as day for me Ux

Ditto.

The penultimate paragraph outlines what happens next. Up to the majority owners if there's going to be another option to put to the members.

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:33 - Oct 8 with 8183 views_

Ask for £10m for half the shares and sign the necessary paperwork to say no more legal action will be threatened.

Build a clubhouse, a shrine to SCFC and a legacy to the last 20 years, invest the rest across the asset classes and be ready in waiting for a time it maybe needed again.

Time to move on. Offer them something serious instead of bland invitations to mediate around a peace pipe.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Today's Trust E-mail. on 17:08 - Oct 8 with 8107 viewsGlyn1

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:33 - Oct 8 by _

Ask for £10m for half the shares and sign the necessary paperwork to say no more legal action will be threatened.

Build a clubhouse, a shrine to SCFC and a legacy to the last 20 years, invest the rest across the asset classes and be ready in waiting for a time it maybe needed again.

Time to move on. Offer them something serious instead of bland invitations to mediate around a peace pipe.

"Offering something serious" would be to tell them that we'll see them in court.

I was one of the majority Trust members who voted for negotiation rather than court action, and I still think that was the right thing to do at the time, but the owners have basically refused any meaningful dialogue, so it's time for legal action to punish them in their pocket.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Today's Trust E-mail. on 17:58 - Oct 8 with 7992 viewswaynekerr55

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:27 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Ditto.

The penultimate paragraph outlines what happens next. Up to the majority owners if there's going to be another option to put to the members.

I would like to add that all aspects of the process have to be meticulously followed by the trust. Any excuse for the Americans to throw a spanner in the works to cause Fridays and incur additional costs must be avoided at all cost.

But yes, time for the matter to go out to the members

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Today's Trust E-mail. on 18:05 - Oct 8 with 7980 viewsShaky

Today's Trust E-mail. on 16:33 - Oct 8 by _

Invest "across the asset classes"?

A little property portfolio, some gold bullion, etc?

Fatuous moron.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024