Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100,000 people on Independence march ! 21:00 - Oct 8 with 4621 viewstrampie

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/06/scottish-independence-supporter
100,000 people on Scottish independence march on Saturday, that is some turnout.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 22:49 - Oct 9 with 1768 viewsKilkennyjack

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 22:27 - Oct 9 by Catullus

They lost 21 seats last time, what if it's a trend? What if the SNP is in decline? We'll see next time around. No amount of bluster will cover up another big loss but, on the other hand, if they regain some of those lost seats you might be right.

56 was a huge endorsement, losing 21 of those was sign people were losing faith but still a good result.

Yes it was a good result.

Beware of the Risen People

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 09:54 - Oct 10 with 1720 viewsunion_jack

If May gives in and calls for a second referendum on Brexit, I suspect the SNP votes will decrease. Scottish unrest is down to Brexit not independence. Easily sorted in my mind.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 13:04 - Oct 10 with 1678 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 09:54 - Oct 10 by union_jack

If May gives in and calls for a second referendum on Brexit, I suspect the SNP votes will decrease. Scottish unrest is down to Brexit not independence. Easily sorted in my mind.

Out of interest, why do you think that ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 13:18 - Oct 10 with 1673 viewsunion_jack

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 13:04 - Oct 10 by trampie

Out of interest, why do you think that ?

SNP seats decreased significantly last time around.

Scotland voted to stay in EU.

UK likely to come out (though I'm hoping sense will prevail and a second referendum is offered).

Sturgeon offering to take Scotland into EU. Whether it's possible or not, who knows?

Not every SNP vote will mean a vote for independence but majority will.

Second referendum, now that more facts are known is likely to result in a stay vote. I voted out initially but I'd be more inclined to vote remain in a second referendum though I'd say it's the lesser of the two evils. Therefore, less need to vote for SNP or more accurately independence.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 13:31 - Oct 10 with 1666 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 13:18 - Oct 10 by union_jack

SNP seats decreased significantly last time around.

Scotland voted to stay in EU.

UK likely to come out (though I'm hoping sense will prevail and a second referendum is offered).

Sturgeon offering to take Scotland into EU. Whether it's possible or not, who knows?

Not every SNP vote will mean a vote for independence but majority will.

Second referendum, now that more facts are known is likely to result in a stay vote. I voted out initially but I'd be more inclined to vote remain in a second referendum though I'd say it's the lesser of the two evils. Therefore, less need to vote for SNP or more accurately independence.

Some commentators think that the SNP have more chance of getting Scotland into the EU if the UK is still in the EU.

So get a second vote, win it, stay in the EU and then breakaway from the union when still in the EU.

The mainline of thinking is though, get pulled out of the EU against our wishes, get ruled by a Westminster Government we did not vote for and who's policies we don't like, so go independent.

Actually no agenda for saying this, I think Scotland would do very well as an independent nation, Ireland is now on a par with the UK, after many years but they came from a very low base, that would not be the same with Scotland.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 16:08 - Oct 10 with 1635 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Their has been a series of marches throughout the summer in scotland by the SNP and other proindy groups, unless westminster can pull a hat out of the hat and pretty quickly, Scotlands off on its own.
100,000 people on Independence march ! on 16:27 - Oct 10 with 1626 viewsunion_jack

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 13:31 - Oct 10 by trampie

Some commentators think that the SNP have more chance of getting Scotland into the EU if the UK is still in the EU.

So get a second vote, win it, stay in the EU and then breakaway from the union when still in the EU.

The mainline of thinking is though, get pulled out of the EU against our wishes, get ruled by a Westminster Government we did not vote for and who's policies we don't like, so go independent.

Actually no agenda for saying this, I think Scotland would do very well as an independent nation, Ireland is now on a par with the UK, after many years but they came from a very low base, that would not be the same with Scotland.

Fair point but if we stay in the EU I don't think the appetite for independence will be any greater in Scotland than last time. May has to bring the second referendum into her thinking if she wants to keep the union together.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 16:39 - Oct 10 with 1614 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 16:27 - Oct 10 by union_jack

Fair point but if we stay in the EU I don't think the appetite for independence will be any greater in Scotland than last time. May has to bring the second referendum into her thinking if she wants to keep the union together.

It would be x amount more years mind for the Scots to suffer Tory austerity and policies.

Login to get fewer ads

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 17:00 - Oct 10 with 1597 viewsunion_jack

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 16:39 - Oct 10 by trampie

It would be x amount more years mind for the Scots to suffer Tory austerity and policies.

Well we don't know that either way. What I would say is don't underestimate the pull of Ruth Davison. She made a huge dent in the SNP votes if I recall correctly last time round. She seems to be a well respected politician regardless of the party she represents.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 17:03 - Oct 10 with 1593 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 17:00 - Oct 10 by union_jack

Well we don't know that either way. What I would say is don't underestimate the pull of Ruth Davison. She made a huge dent in the SNP votes if I recall correctly last time round. She seems to be a well respected politician regardless of the party she represents.

Her stock has gone right down - she is like the weather.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 19:14 - Oct 11 with 1533 viewsCatullus

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 17:03 - Oct 10 by trampie

Her stock has gone right down - she is like the weather.

What makes you say that?

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/browse/Ruth_Davidson

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/snp-support-hits-40-yougov-poll_uk_5b1a42

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ruth-davidson-scottish-conservati

seems to still be quite popular.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 20:03 - Oct 11 with 1524 viewstrampie

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.com/2017/04/ruth-davidsons-bare-faced-hypocris

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 20:06 - Oct 11 with 1517 viewstrampie

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15532384.Davidson_accused_of_hypocrisy_after

https://indyref2.scot/fm-exposes-ruth-davidsons-hypocrisy-on-p1-assessments-and-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/hypocrite-ruth-davidson-tweets-disgu

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 20:42 - Oct 11 with 1504 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 20:56 - Oct 11 with 1490 viewsCatullus

Yet the YouGov site has her at +2 and still quite popular, mind you, I would expect the indyref2 lot to slate her purely because she's a tory. The Tories being generally as disliked in Scotland as they are in Wales.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 22:04 - Oct 11 with 1458 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 20:56 - Oct 11 by Catullus

Yet the YouGov site has her at +2 and still quite popular, mind you, I would expect the indyref2 lot to slate her purely because she's a tory. The Tories being generally as disliked in Scotland as they are in Wales.

Leanne Wood is +5 and a nationalist politician operating in a country with a disingenuous unionist press and she is still a +5.

Davidson has been called a hypocrite on a range of topics and is nicknamed 'flip flop'.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 7:06]

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 09:56 - Oct 12 with 1400 viewsfelixstowe_jack

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 20:37 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

‘The SNP rebounded from the loss in the independence referendum at the UK general election in May 2015, led by Salmond's successor as first minister, Nicola Sturgeon. The party went from holding six seats in the House of Commons to 56, mostly at the expense of the Labour Party. All but three of the fifty-nine constituencies in the country elected an SNP candidate. BBC News described the historic result as a "Scots landslide".’

The referendum itself was not the end, it simply marked the end of the beginning.

Scotland will be free - its the will of the people, innit ...!!

Can you update us with how many SNP were elected in the last General Election?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 11:07 - Oct 12 with 1382 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 09:56 - Oct 12 by felixstowe_jack

Can you update us with how many SNP were elected in the last General Election?

I think it was 35 seats out of a possible 59, much more than all the other parties combined, that General Election was the second time running they won the most seats in Scotland by a landslide, the first time they won an astonishing 56 out of 59 seats.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 12:09]

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 17:35 - Oct 12 with 1350 viewsjackharris

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 15:31 - Oct 9 by cmajack

For goodness sake. They had their vote on independence and went against it. Like the remoaners, do they want to keep voting until they get the decision they like. Pity some of the youngsters dont demonstrate against things that really affect them like zero hours contracts. How has that been allowed to happen with todays generation?

Well said, the lack of people’s ability to acknowledge that democracy has been served and the people have chosen to remain part of GB in Scotland and for GB to Leave the EU is quite mind blowing...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 19:48 - Oct 12 with 1340 viewstrampie

100,000 people on Independence march ! on 22:49 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

Yes it was a good result.

Indeed it was.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024