Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Fans For Independence 00:10 - Oct 9 with 11788 viewstrampie

Seems like Swansea City Fans For Independence is up and running.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 00:31 - Oct 16 with 1809 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 21:21 - Oct 15 by trampie

I totally agree on all counts.

They are certainly out of step with the fan base.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 08:39 - Oct 16 with 1750 viewsraynor94

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 00:31 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

They are certainly out of step with the fan base.

I'd love to know where you get that assumption from

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:17 - Oct 16 with 1735 viewstrampie

Its cringeworthy and embarrassing, to think that Swansea used to be a Welsh club and has now been overrun by foreign outside attitudes and interests is sad.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 9:19]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:32 - Oct 16 with 1721 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 08:39 - Oct 16 by raynor94

I'd love to know where you get that assumption from

It would be lovely if someone associated with that big Union Jack flag would come on here and say something like, “the flag is not meant as a slight against Wales at all, in fact we love Wales as much as you do. It’s just that we also love Britain and this is the flag that represents that.”
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:36 - Oct 16 with 1716 viewsLohengrin

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:17 - Oct 16 by trampie

Its cringeworthy and embarrassing, to think that Swansea used to be a Welsh club and has now been overrun by foreign outside attitudes and interests is sad.

Cuckoo, fair play.

How many times has the flag has been yapped about by now? There’s nothing remotely political about it. The boy who owns it is ex-RAF. The boys he drinks with on a Saturday are a lot of them ex-forces. It’s been there since the opening fixture at the Liberty. Moreover both the flag and they were MADE IN SWANSEA.

Which is more than can be said for you, old son...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:38 - Oct 16 with 1716 viewsCatullus

Really, so people who have been going to the Swans for decades have to come on here and justify themselves? What if they are English? What if they were in the military or what if they are actually proud to be British?
How it can be perceived as anti Welsh is really petty. I'm Welsh AND British and worldwide the Union Jack is recognised as the UK's flag, Wales being part of the UK.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:42 - Oct 16 with 1710 viewsraynor94

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:38 - Oct 16 by Catullus

Really, so people who have been going to the Swans for decades have to come on here and justify themselves? What if they are English? What if they were in the military or what if they are actually proud to be British?
How it can be perceived as anti Welsh is really petty. I'm Welsh AND British and worldwide the Union Jack is recognised as the UK's flag, Wales being part of the UK.

Superb post, rapidly becoming the best poster on here, by a country mile

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:44 - Oct 16 with 1710 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:17 - Oct 16 by trampie

So says the person who would seperate Wales from the UK and take us into the EU as soon as possible. Interesting perspective that, you don't like the foreign influence but only when it's English or American apparently, you have no trouble with European influences.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:50 - Oct 16 with 1705 viewsLohengrin

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:32 - Oct 16 by JacksawayatWalesgame

It would be lovely if someone associated with that big Union Jack flag would come on here and say something like, “the flag is not meant as a slight against Wales at all, in fact we love Wales as much as you do. It’s just that we also love Britain and this is the flag that represents that.”

I can help you out by there. I’ve got a dragon tattoo on one arm and the Union Flag on the other. I speak Welsh. I’m very Welsh when Wales are playing and very British if there’s trouble brewing abroad.

Christian, white working class. It’s not something I feel the slightest inclination to apologise for.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:02 - Oct 16 with 1689 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:50 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

I can help you out by there. I’ve got a dragon tattoo on one arm and the Union Flag on the other. I speak Welsh. I’m very Welsh when Wales are playing and very British if there’s trouble brewing abroad.

Christian, white working class. It’s not something I feel the slightest inclination to apologise for.

I'm not Christian, I don't do organised religion but I'm 100% with you on the rest.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:25 - Oct 16 with 1678 viewsLoyal

Is it the right time for this ?
I mean can't it be another time, just not now.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:40 - Oct 16 with 1662 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:25 - Oct 16 by Loyal

Is it the right time for this ?
I mean can't it be another time, just not now.

Actually, having listened to views of others (even those I usually disagree with) and looked into it, if the UK was to remain in the EU Wales could actually be a lot better off being independent.
Even if we leave (properly leave) the EU (which is looking less likely I think) Wales as an independent state joining the EU might be better off though there'd be a significant gap between Indy and EU membership and we might never meet the "Copenhagen criteria" so talking Indy could be very relevant.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:43 - Oct 16 with 1661 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:36 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

Cuckoo, fair play.

How many times has the flag has been yapped about by now? There’s nothing remotely political about it. The boy who owns it is ex-RAF. The boys he drinks with on a Saturday are a lot of them ex-forces. It’s been there since the opening fixture at the Liberty. Moreover both the flag and they were MADE IN SWANSEA.

Which is more than can be said for you, old son...

Its a disgrace, and as regards you saying its a non political flag, its the 'Butchers apron' !, a flag that is seen to represent imperialism by lots of people the World over.
Boys dressing up in uniform fighting for a unelected English monarch of Germanic heritage is supposed to be some kind of endorsement of a flag that has no Welsh representation on it at all is it ?, your having a giraffe.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:18 - Oct 16 with 1642 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:50 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

Thanks, this is the sort of reply I was hoping for. I can be cool with that. Cheers.
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:24 - Oct 16 with 1638 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:38 - Oct 16 by Catullus

I still stand by the slight problem I have with the Union Jack for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post, but otherwise I’m happy with what you’ve said there. Cheers.
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:47 - Oct 16 with 1606 viewsLohengrin

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:43 - Oct 16 by trampie

Its a disgrace, and as regards you saying its a non political flag, its the 'Butchers apron' !, a flag that is seen to represent imperialism by lots of people the World over.
Boys dressing up in uniform fighting for a unelected English monarch of Germanic heritage is supposed to be some kind of endorsement of a flag that has no Welsh representation on it at all is it ?, your having a giraffe.

”...having a giraffe.”

Oi! dopey, it’s not going to do this image of a Cymric communist you seem intent on projecting many favours if you start talking like Arthur Mullard, is it?

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:53 - Oct 16 with 1601 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:47 - Oct 16 by Lohengrin

”...having a giraffe.”

Oi! dopey, it’s not going to do this image of a Cymric communist you seem intent on projecting many favours if you start talking like Arthur Mullard, is it?

''The sun never sets and the blood never runs dry'' was what they used to say about the Empire that the 'butchers apron' is associated with.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 13:31 - Oct 16 with 1585 viewsLohengrin

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:53 - Oct 16 by trampie

''The sun never sets and the blood never runs dry'' was what they used to say about the Empire that the 'butchers apron' is associated with.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:51 - Oct 16 with 1545 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:43 - Oct 16 by trampie

A minor technical point, Wales is represented by the English part of the flag. There was no need to put anything directly Welsh on it (when it was designed) because Wales was already deemed to be "English" by the powers that be.
Obviously in the modern world we...well our hopeless WAG should anyway....should be arguing for representation on a flag many of our countrymen died defending.

Your attitude to the Monarchy and Westminster I can understand, your attitude to people who've served in the armed forces though is uterly disgraceful. When it comes to imperialism, spilling blood, raping a country's resources or whatever else the Uk is no better or worse than most other countries and maybe you should remember that when Edward Longshanks was conquering Scotland his army contained thousands of Welsh archers, the point being that the Welsh have long fought in the English armed forces.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:16 - Oct 16 with 1541 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:51 - Oct 16 by Catullus

A minor technical point, Wales is represented by the English part of the flag. There was no need to put anything directly Welsh on it (when it was designed) because Wales was already deemed to be "English" by the powers that be.
Obviously in the modern world we...well our hopeless WAG should anyway....should be arguing for representation on a flag many of our countrymen died defending.

Your attitude to the Monarchy and Westminster I can understand, your attitude to people who've served in the armed forces though is uterly disgraceful. When it comes to imperialism, spilling blood, raping a country's resources or whatever else the Uk is no better or worse than most other countries and maybe you should remember that when Edward Longshanks was conquering Scotland his army contained thousands of Welsh archers, the point being that the Welsh have long fought in the English armed forces.

Wales is not represented by the English flag and as regards the armed forces its fair enough Welsh soldiers fighting a foe that is a threat to our people but the problem with representing a foreign crown is they may send them in against our own people, plus any foreign wars fought for greed, money, possessions, land involving our boys was wrong a thousand years ago and it would be wrong now.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:26 - Oct 16 with 1533 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:51 - Oct 16 by Catullus

No its not - that's why you cant fecking see it.

The union jack is factually a political flag.

The flags of Cymru, Scotland, and England are factually national flags.

Cymru has never ever chosen to be part of the English/British State.
It was annexed.

#bintheunionflag

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:27 - Oct 16 with 1514 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:26 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

It was annexed.

#bintheunionflag

Wales is represented by the English part of the flag in the same way former USSR satellite states were represented by the Soviet flag. It's not right or nice but it's true!
That doesn't alter the fact that our devolved government should speak up about it. Of course it's a moot point if we go independent.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:33 - Oct 16 with 1508 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:26 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

It was annexed.

#bintheunionflag

All national flags are political by their very nature.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024