Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Fans For Independence 00:10 - Oct 9 with 11904 viewstrampie

Seems like Swansea City Fans For Independence is up and running.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:37 - Oct 10 with 1779 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:18 - Oct 10 by Sir_Robin

Would you say the same thing about the equally divisive union jacks?

Yes quite, I would go as far as to say that the union jack is far more divisive [not equally] than Welsh flags in Wales .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:55 - Oct 10 with 1759 viewsKGriz16

is there a website I can use to find some information on independence for Wales at what it would mean please? I've completed some research on Twitter, but I am keen to do some more reading as I've only seen 'positives'
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:58 - Oct 10 with 1750 viewsDarran

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:24 - Oct 10 by trampie

Well Monaco play in France and Berwick play in Scotland and Derry play in the Republic of Ireland and there are lots of other examples, in fact at one time there was and probably still is a lot of English teams on the border with Wales [who play at a lowish level] that actually play in the Welsh league system.

So you want independence but not full independence?
What about the Sky money too do you want that.

Honestly you sound like the dullest çunt in Wales.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 17:06 - Oct 10 with 1736 viewstrampie

Darran you stupid scruffy long haired luvvie, leaving a political union is nothing to do with sport.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 17:16 - Oct 10 with 1722 viewsDarran

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 17:06 - Oct 10 by trampie

Darran you stupid scruffy long haired luvvie, leaving a political union is nothing to do with sport.

Well we can be independent mun. We can play in the WPL it’s called being independent you thick twàt

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 17:50 - Oct 10 with 1705 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:18 - Oct 10 by Sir_Robin

Would you say the same thing about the equally divisive union jacks?

No i wouldnt. You know why i wouldnt? Cos they dont go around making lots of noise based on nothing but thinly-veiled anti-english rhetoric (fck it, lets call it racism - just like the SNP do) and some "hwyl and passion" which went out of date in the 18th century.

Yet another tiny minority trying to latch on to every day people, places, businesses, sports etc etc in order to validate their wet dreams and repress their beta genes.

If these people reeeally wanted to get a feel for it, i suggest they go stand outside the Liberty on match day and see whats what (and no, you cant use free beer as bribes)

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL (AND RUGBY!)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:02 - Oct 10 with 1694 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 17:16 - Oct 10 by Darran

Well we can be independent mun. We can play in the WPL it’s called being independent you thick twàt

Monaco play in the French league, Berwick in the Scottish league and Derry which is in the United Kingdom play in a league in another sovereign country the Republic of Ireland.
It is not a given that a team from one country cant play in another countries league set ups, there are countless examples across the World.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:08 - Oct 10 with 1681 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 17:50 - Oct 10 by PozuelosSideys

No i wouldnt. You know why i wouldnt? Cos they dont go around making lots of noise based on nothing but thinly-veiled anti-english rhetoric (fck it, lets call it racism - just like the SNP do) and some "hwyl and passion" which went out of date in the 18th century.

Yet another tiny minority trying to latch on to every day people, places, businesses, sports etc etc in order to validate their wet dreams and repress their beta genes.

If these people reeeally wanted to get a feel for it, i suggest they go stand outside the Liberty on match day and see whats what (and no, you cant use free beer as bribes)

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL (AND RUGBY!)

Some people call the union jack the 'butchers apron', far right fascist groups wrap themselves in that flag and see it as their flag of choice.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:12 - Oct 10 with 1656 viewsDarran

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:02 - Oct 10 by trampie

Monaco play in the French league, Berwick in the Scottish league and Derry which is in the United Kingdom play in a league in another sovereign country the Republic of Ireland.
It is not a given that a team from one country cant play in another countries league set ups, there are countless examples across the World.

Dull as fuçk.

You’re like those Liverpool dicks who hate The Sun but wouldn’t turn down Murdochs money.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:07 - Oct 10 with 1637 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:08 - Oct 10 by trampie

Some people call the union jack the 'butchers apron', far right fascist groups wrap themselves in that flag and see it as their flag of choice.

People like you call it the butchers apron. As for the Union flag, it hasn't gone away, it has been there every home game this season, it was there for he Ipswich game, I pass it on the way to my seat.
The stewards tried to remove a it few games back because apparently it was covering up advertising but the stewards gave up when loads of people got on their case. By loads I mean at least half a block, they were chanting "leave our flag alone" and the stewards haven't tried again.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:53 - Oct 10 with 1624 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:36 - Oct 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/history/clubs/club=52659/index.html

Looks like UEFA regard us as an English club.

UEFA regards Israel as a European country so I’d pay that no heed.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:58 - Oct 10 with 1615 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:07 - Oct 10 by Catullus

People like you call it the butchers apron. As for the Union flag, it hasn't gone away, it has been there every home game this season, it was there for he Ipswich game, I pass it on the way to my seat.
The stewards tried to remove a it few games back because apparently it was covering up advertising but the stewards gave up when loads of people got on their case. By loads I mean at least half a block, they were chanting "leave our flag alone" and the stewards haven't tried again.

Well i could not see it last game.
I think they have given up ..... dont blame them, poor dabs ...

Here is the thing see ...
The dragon flag is a national flag. Fact.
The union flag is a political flag. Fact.

So those who want politics out of sport, then think on.

I much prefer the dragon flag as its cool - and frankly its not hated by half the world ...

That said, its personal choice.
I liked the old school Swansea City England flags, nothing wrong with that.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 22:10 - Oct 10 with 1587 viewsjack_lord

The only independence I want is to be from Cardiff.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 00:03 - Oct 11 with 1556 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 22:10 - Oct 10 by jack_lord

The only independence I want is to be from Cardiff.

How very 1970s ?

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 09:46 - Oct 11 with 1516 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:55 - Oct 10 by KGriz16

is there a website I can use to find some information on independence for Wales at what it would mean please? I've completed some research on Twitter, but I am keen to do some more reading as I've only seen 'positives'

Try oggybloggyogwr.com and select the State Of Wales button.
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:39 - Oct 11 with 1485 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 10:59 - Oct 10 by trampie

Its a Welsh club and there is no getting away from that, the only divisiveness is from incomer snowflakes that might not like fans shouting 'Wales, Wales' or having a Welsh flag or by those influenced by such people.

I've nothing to do with the movement and im certainly not attempting to make out the club backs it as the club and town or is it a City unfortunately has become more and more 'Anglo' over the years.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 11:30]

Yes Swansea is a Welsh club that plays it’s football in an English league

Don’t tell me you want Swansea to play in the Welsh League
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:53 - Oct 11 with 1478 viewsTailGunner

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 18:02 - Oct 10 by trampie

Devils advocate here..... - how about...
The county of Swansea being independent from Wales

We can generate tidal power, & the millions from tourism & reinvest it all.

Hopefully if we can still play in the English league system - Win / win?
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:54 - Oct 11 with 1476 viewsDarran

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:39 - Oct 11 by valleyboy

Don’t be dull of course he doesn’t. He wants independence on his terms.

Just for the record I’m not criticising anyone that wants independence I just find it hilarious that all the Welsh Nats would want to stay in the English leagues.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:13 - Oct 11 with 1467 viewsLohengrin

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:54 - Oct 11 by Darran

Don’t be dull of course he doesn’t. He wants independence on his terms.

Just for the record I’m not criticising anyone that wants independence I just find it hilarious that all the Welsh Nats would want to stay in the English leagues.

Almost without exception the genuine Welsh Nationalists I’ve know over the years have rarely expressed much interest in football at all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:21 - Oct 11 with 1460 viewsDarran

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:13 - Oct 11 by Lohengrin

Almost without exception the genuine Welsh Nationalists I’ve know over the years have rarely expressed much interest in football at all.

Fair point.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 12:56 - Oct 11 with 1437 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:53 - Oct 11 by TailGunner

Devils advocate here..... - how about...
The county of Swansea being independent from Wales

We can generate tidal power, & the millions from tourism & reinvest it all.

Hopefully if we can still play in the English league system - Win / win?

The losses from the tidal power scheme will wipe out any profit from tourism big time
Swansea City Fans For Independence on 14:56 - Oct 11 with 1412 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:58 - Oct 10 by Kilkennyjack

Well i could not see it last game.
I think they have given up ..... dont blame them, poor dabs ...

Here is the thing see ...
The dragon flag is a national flag. Fact.
The union flag is a political flag. Fact.

So those who want politics out of sport, then think on.

I much prefer the dragon flag as its cool - and frankly its not hated by half the world ...

That said, its personal choice.
I liked the old school Swansea City England flags, nothing wrong with that.

You couldn't see it....try specsavers because it was there, I spoke to them and they won't give up. There's a lot you don't see mind.

All flags are political, countries are political entities, way back when we lived in mud huts Wales wasn't a country, it was an area inhabited by Welsh tribes and we had wars with other tribes (and all too often amongst ourselves) to gain territory and power....women and slaves, food etc.

Flags are symbols, originally they were nothing more than an identity, a rallying point in battles. The union flag doesn't have Wales on it because we were officially part of England before the acts of union (1707, yes I looked it up.....I'm not Lohengrin, I don't know these things!)

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:51 - Oct 11 with 1381 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 11:39 - Oct 11 by valleyboy

Swansea spent nearly all their existence playing in the 'football league'.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:02 - Oct 11 with 1349 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 16:51 - Oct 11 by trampie

Swansea spent nearly all their existence playing in the 'football league'.

Wales has spent nearly all it's existence under Englsih rule......so your point is?

OK it's not nearly all but around three quarters, from 1282 to the present day, Wales having been officialy a country since 1056.

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 20:14 - Oct 11 with 1331 viewstrampie

Swansea City Fans For Independence on 19:02 - Oct 11 by Catullus

Wales has spent nearly all it's existence under Englsih rule......so your point is?

OK it's not nearly all but around three quarters, from 1282 to the present day, Wales having been officialy a country since 1056.

Swansea played in the football league for nearly all of Swansea's existence, Swansea did not play in the English football league for most of Swansea's existence but in the 'football league'.

Wales never surrendered, Welsh lands over about 500 odd feet was never conquered, it was just the people on the coastal lowlands like Cardiff and Swansea people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024