Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incident after game on Saturday 12:20 - Oct 9 with 12005 viewsSwanjaxs

Copied off Facebook...
Message to Swansea City supporters. Sorry to convey one of your most loyal lifetime supporters 81 year old Roy Griffiths, was attacked and had his shoulder broken while walking to his car after Saturdays game by a few local so called supporters. Roy played local football up to 50 years old, a fine player, a close friend of Mel Nurse, and most importantly a credit to the community, and to Swansea City football. Anyone with info or witnessed the attack contact the authorities. The incident happened on the junction to Hafod and the new by-pass..

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Incident after game on Saturday on 13:25 - Oct 9 with 6510 viewsjack2jack

Absolutely shocking treatment of an 81 year old, who ever is responsible hang your head in shame, utter scum.
Very best wishes to Roy for a speedy recovery.
Incident after game on Saturday on 13:28 - Oct 9 with 6492 viewsswan65split

Thats horrendous ! what scum.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and the scum located and named and shamed.
Incident after game on Saturday on 13:32 - Oct 9 with 6473 viewsJosey_Wales37

This is terrible, please pass on best wishes to Roy. Hope this doesn't put him off, just a minority of fans like this.
Incident after game on Saturday on 14:09 - Oct 9 with 6355 viewsProfessor

Incident after game on Saturday on 13:28 - Oct 9 by swan65split

Thats horrendous ! what scum.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and the scum located and named and shamed.

Named and shamed is not enough. Should be placed in stocks and their backsides a target for shooting practice in the warm up. Then led around the pitch at half time.
For five seasons
Incident after game on Saturday on 14:51 - Oct 9 with 6253 viewssainthelens

Where were the police when this was happening? Normally plenty about after a game.
Incident after game on Saturday on 15:04 - Oct 9 with 6201 viewsicecoldjack

Lost for words. 81 yr old man attacked, how proud must the attackers feel and how scared would they be if they got named and shamed on social media, I bet they'd be too scared to show themselves at a swans game for a start.

Hope he gets well soon.
Incident after game on Saturday on 15:15 - Oct 9 with 6163 viewsBadlands

I saw someone lying on the grass with a few people around him (no emergency services at the point) and assumed he'd had a turn.

Hope they find the scum who did it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Incident after game on Saturday on 15:44 - Oct 9 with 6087 viewsLeonWasGod

Disgusting. Some right thick tvvats around.
Login to get fewer ads

Incident after game on Saturday on 17:32 - Oct 9 with 5833 viewsswan65split

Incident after game on Saturday on 14:09 - Oct 9 by Professor

Named and shamed is not enough. Should be placed in stocks and their backsides a target for shooting practice in the warm up. Then led around the pitch at half time.
For five seasons

I wouldn't disagree with that at all,
Incident after game on Saturday on 17:37 - Oct 9 with 5814 viewsSwanjaxs

More on this from Facebook...
i was walking behind them and seen the scuffle...2 blokes started kicking the younger man on his calves to move out of the way *roys son i think was being kicked* then Roy was pushed to the floor..I stayed around to help(im a first- aider) but the scum ran away.i heard (Roy is friends with my old man)Roy cant use his arm again and his shoulder is shattered,poor bloke.He is only 5'2 about 7 stone bloody tiny..just perfect for bullies 😠
P.s. bloke doing the kicking had black arm sling on...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Incident after game on Saturday on 17:40 - Oct 9 with 5795 views3swan

Incident after game on Saturday on 17:37 - Oct 9 by Swanjaxs

More on this from Facebook...
i was walking behind them and seen the scuffle...2 blokes started kicking the younger man on his calves to move out of the way *roys son i think was being kicked* then Roy was pushed to the floor..I stayed around to help(im a first- aider) but the scum ran away.i heard (Roy is friends with my old man)Roy cant use his arm again and his shoulder is shattered,poor bloke.He is only 5'2 about 7 stone bloody tiny..just perfect for bullies 😠
P.s. bloke doing the kicking had black arm sling on...

Maybe CCTV from the petrol station might have something.

Hope he recovers, these people are out there and not just at the game, someone must have an idea who they are.
Incident after game on Saturday on 18:25 - Oct 9 with 5621 viewswestwalesed

Incident after game on Saturday on 15:15 - Oct 9 by Badlands

I saw someone lying on the grass with a few people around him (no emergency services at the point) and assumed he'd had a turn.

Passed the incident in the same place, saw the poor old chap on the ground not moving an inch. I must admit my first instinct was heart attack - what a disgraceful thing to have happened.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Incident after game on Saturday on 18:36 - Oct 9 with 5587 viewsmagicdaps10

Disgusting.

Some people are right scum.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Incident after game on Saturday on 18:40 - Oct 9 with 5564 viewsjackharris

Incident after game on Saturday on 17:40 - Oct 9 by 3swan

Hope he recovers, these people are out there and not just at the game, someone must have an idea who they are.

Wasn’t by that roundabout, from what I saw from my Zeelo Coach home to Gorseinon at 5.20pm there was lots of police there after the incident had happened...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Incident after game on Saturday on 18:43 - Oct 9 with 5545 viewsbuilthjack

They have to be found. CCTV must have caught them walking, especially as you say, one had a black sling. Lock them up and ban them from the ground forever. B@stards.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Incident after game on Saturday on 18:43 - Oct 9 with 5535 viewsTenbySwan

Disgusting.
I would have thought though that someone with a black arm sling would show up on TV somewhere or perhaps someone can remember such a person near them in the ground ?
Incident after game on Saturday on 18:47 - Oct 9 with 5508 viewskarnataka

Incident after game on Saturday on 15:15 - Oct 9 by Badlands

Yes, I saw that too just after crossing the road by the roundabout. Like you, I assumed he'd just fallen or something. You wouldn't assume a man that had been attacked especially by some of our own if reports are correct. Why ffs? Beyond belief. Hope he's OK and recovering and that those responsible are caught and appropriately dealt with.
Incident after game on Saturday on 18:59 - Oct 9 with 5445 viewslondonlisa2001

This is quite literally sickening.

Somebody must know who did this.

Poor man will be affected for the rest of his life, physically and mentally.
Incident after game on Saturday on 19:09 - Oct 9 with 5383 viewsjackal

Incident after game on Saturday on 18:43 - Oct 9 by TenbySwan

Disgusting.
I would have thought though that someone with a black arm sling would show up on TV somewhere or perhaps someone can remember such a person near them in the ground ?

Yes.

Should be known, or at least suspected, by someone.

When there's so much outrage the police usually come up with the goods.

Scumbags !

Get well soon to the old gent.
Incident after game on Saturday on 19:11 - Oct 9 with 5364 viewsjack2jack

Incident after game on Saturday on 17:40 - Oct 9 by 3swan

Maybe the club can help, if they were so called supporters, they might be on the CCTV in and around The Liberty.Just a thought like, I'm sure the police have already thought of this.
Incident after game on Saturday on 19:23 - Oct 9 with 5311 viewsFerryjack

Spoke to Roy earlier today he is still in pain & has to go back to hospital on Thursday for a review but needs a operation at some time. But those who know Roy will realise he is still positive & will be back at the Liberty as soon as he can.
Incident after game on Saturday on 19:28 - Oct 9 with 5271 viewsGaryjack

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:11 - Oct 9 by jack2jack

Maybe the club can help, if they were so called supporters, they might be on the CCTV in and around The Liberty.Just a thought like, I'm sure the police have already thought of this.

They'll be caught without doubt. The pure nature of the crime will ensure they are. They WILL be on CCTV around that area. Hope they go down for it, and they probably will. Cvnts.
Incident after game on Saturday on 19:30 - Oct 9 with 5257 viewsJackfath

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:23 - Oct 9 by Ferryjack

Spoke to Roy earlier today he is still in pain & has to go back to hospital on Thursday for a review but needs a operation at some time. But those who know Roy will realise he is still positive & will be back at the Liberty as soon as he can.

What was the reason for the assault? I hope he makes a full recovery. Perhaps the club could show their support of Roy and offer him some form of hospitality for a game later this season. Maybe the Trust could get involved to make this happen.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:31 - Oct 9 with 5257 viewsoldcob

Anyone who knows who did this and are keeping quiet are as bad as the people who committed the deed IMO. The 'no snitching' rule doesn't exist in cases such as this.
Incident after game on Saturday on 19:42 - Oct 9 with 5196 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:31 - Oct 9 by oldcob

Anyone who knows who did this and are keeping quiet are as bad as the people who committed the deed IMO. The 'no snitching' rule doesn't exist in cases such as this.

I would have thought anyone seeing an attack on an old man would have gone straight in let alone "snitched". They can't be football gans surely? not every person walking near the ground necessarily goes in.

I saw a crowd of people around someone on the floor and I thought he'd had a heart attack and moved on not wanting to gawp.

Shocking that there are actually c*nts who woud do this to anyone, let alone a man in his 80's. Get well soon Roy.

That brewery pub is opposite there, surely sommeone saw something?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024