Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incident after game on Saturday 12:20 - Oct 9 with 11889 viewsSwanjaxs

Copied off Facebook...
Message to Swansea City supporters. Sorry to convey one of your most loyal lifetime supporters 81 year old Roy Griffiths, was attacked and had his shoulder broken while walking to his car after Saturdays game by a few local so called supporters. Roy played local football up to 50 years old, a fine player, a close friend of Mel Nurse, and most importantly a credit to the community, and to Swansea City football. Anyone with info or witnessed the attack contact the authorities. The incident happened on the junction to Hafod and the new by-pass..

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Incident after game on Saturday on 20:04 - Oct 9 with 5248 viewsbonymine

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:42 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

I would have thought anyone seeing an attack on an old man would have gone straight in let alone "snitched". They can't be football gans surely? not every person walking near the ground necessarily goes in.

I saw a crowd of people around someone on the floor and I thought he'd had a heart attack and moved on not wanting to gawp.

Shocking that there are actually c*nts who woud do this to anyone, let alone a man in his 80's. Get well soon Roy.

That brewery pub is opposite there, surely sommeone saw something?

Absolutely disgraceful ....somebody, somewhere must have been involved/witnessed the incident at the time and must now come forward to ensure that cowardly attacks such as this should never be allowed to happen on our own doorstep and even more so if it was perpetrated by our ‘own supporters’ ......

Pure Scum.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Incident after game on Saturday on 20:48 - Oct 9 with 5139 viewsDewi1jack

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:23 - Oct 9 by Ferryjack

Spoke to Roy earlier today he is still in pain & has to go back to hospital on Thursday for a review but needs a operation at some time. But those who know Roy will realise he is still positive & will be back at the Liberty as soon as he can.

Poor sod.
Get to that age only for some possible football fans to do that.
Hope the op goes ok and wish him a speedy recovery.

These are no real fans of the club we love.
Hope they're caught and have the living sh1t kicked out of them in stir.
B'stard cowards deserve naming as well. Fuk their rights

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Incident after game on Saturday on 21:06 - Oct 9 with 5086 viewsairedale

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:28 - Oct 9 by Garyjack

They'll be caught without doubt. The pure nature of the crime will ensure they are. They WILL be on CCTV around that area. Hope they go down for it, and they probably will. Cvnts.

Trouble is,it costs the taxpayers money. Be nice to punish them for free.
Incident after game on Saturday on 21:06 - Oct 9 with 5086 viewssg1912

When I was walking past it looked like a young Ipswich fan (late teens) was running from two men.. but it looked like he then went back..
I guess the 3 men involved in that altercation should be the first to be questioned
Incident after game on Saturday on 21:37 - Oct 9 with 5000 views3swan

Incident after game on Saturday on 18:40 - Oct 9 by jackharris

Wasn’t by that roundabout, from what I saw from my Zeelo Coach home to Gorseinon at 5.20pm there was lots of police there after the incident had happened...

Ah i took it as being the Hafod side of the Coopers Island.

Let's hope there will be CCTV evidence somewhere that can help identify and lead to an arrest.
Incident after game on Saturday on 21:44 - Oct 9 with 4975 viewsclloy2

Incident after game on Saturday on 21:37 - Oct 9 by 3swan

Ah i took it as being the Hafod side of the Coopers Island.

Let's hope there will be CCTV evidence somewhere that can help identify and lead to an arrest.

if they can trace and identify two random russians in Salisbury, then surely the police can trace these two in Swansea.
There should be no hiding for the perpitrators of a disgusting crime like this.
Incident after game on Saturday on 09:51 - Oct 10 with 4663 viewsdickythorpe

Evil scum. Has that evening post covered it yet? Normally a front page headline of this attack helps track down the pond life.
My best wishes to Roy.
Incident after game on Saturday on 10:21 - Oct 10 with 4632 viewsWarwickHunt

Bunch of lippy young bullies abused and jostled a couple of OAPs outside the Villiers many years ago. Unfortunately for them, the old boys were Cliff Curvis and Len Beynon.

Let’s just say it didn't end too well for them...😂😂😂
Login to get fewer ads

Incident after game on Saturday on 11:21 - Oct 10 with 4544 viewstheloneranger

Incident after game on Saturday on 10:21 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

Bunch of lippy young bullies abused and jostled a couple of OAPs outside the Villiers many years ago. Unfortunately for them, the old boys were Cliff Curvis and Len Beynon.

Let’s just say it didn't end too well for them...😂😂😂

I wished I'd seen that 😂 Cliff was British and European welterweight champion and landlord of the Villiers.

I knew Len quite well, he lived near my mother in Townhill, and I had many chats with him about boxing, especially his career.

He was a Welsh champion at both featherweight and bantamweight. He talked about his fights down the Vetch etc.

He was a gentleman and very polite, but he had a very "lived in face" 😂 and you knew he wasn't a person to mess with, even in old age.

I was talking to a relative of Roy Griffiths yesterday, and he said they're not sure if Roy's shoulder will heal, and he might need it completely rebuilt.

I just hope they catch the pair of SCUMBAGS!!
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 11:45]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Incident after game on Saturday on 11:50 - Oct 10 with 4485 viewsWarwickHunt

Incident after game on Saturday on 11:21 - Oct 10 by theloneranger

I wished I'd seen that 😂 Cliff was British and European welterweight champion and landlord of the Villiers.

I knew Len quite well, he lived near my mother in Townhill, and I had many chats with him about boxing, especially his career.

He was a Welsh champion at both featherweight and bantamweight. He talked about his fights down the Vetch etc.

He was a gentleman and very polite, but he had a very "lived in face" 😂 and you knew he wasn't a person to mess with, even in old age.

I was talking to a relative of Roy Griffiths yesterday, and he said they're not sure if Roy's shoulder will heal, and he might need it completely rebuilt.

I just hope they catch the pair of SCUMBAGS!!
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 11:45]

My old man trained with Cliff and Brian under Curvis Snr. and they remained lifelong mates. Cliff was a real gent, and unlike Len, didn’t look like he’d spent a lifetime in the ring. I’d have loved to have seen the look on their faces when an old bloke in a cardigan sparked two of them in the blink of an eye.
Len is still revered in Welsh boxing circles. My old man reckoned Len was the best ever Welsh pound for pound boxer and could have become world champion. Threw a few fights for money and made the wrong enemies, allegedly.
Incident after game on Saturday on 12:02 - Oct 10 with 4470 viewsLeonWasGod

Incident after game on Saturday on 09:51 - Oct 10 by dickythorpe

Evil scum. Has that evening post covered it yet? Normally a front page headline of this attack helps track down the pond life.
My best wishes to Roy.

Hopefully the lack of articles means they've found them already.
Incident after game on Saturday on 12:14 - Oct 10 with 4444 viewspencoedjack

Incident after game on Saturday on 11:50 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

My old man trained with Cliff and Brian under Curvis Snr. and they remained lifelong mates. Cliff was a real gent, and unlike Len, didn’t look like he’d spent a lifetime in the ring. I’d have loved to have seen the look on their faces when an old bloke in a cardigan sparked two of them in the blink of an eye.
Len is still revered in Welsh boxing circles. My old man reckoned Len was the best ever Welsh pound for pound boxer and could have become world champion. Threw a few fights for money and made the wrong enemies, allegedly.

If you’re into your boxing I’d highly recommend Eammon Mcgae’s autobiography which I’ve just finished.

That bloke has lived some life.

Hope the fella makes a full recovery
Incident after game on Saturday on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 4433 viewstheloneranger

Incident after game on Saturday on 11:50 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

Len Beynon

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/49042

Cliff Curvis

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/29334

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Incident after game on Saturday on 13:06 - Oct 10 with 4340 viewsBluebird

Get well soon Roy i hope he makes a speedy recovery and is back watching the Swans soon..
Incident after game on Saturday on 20:49 - Oct 10 with 4003 viewsPaxton

Incident after game on Saturday on 12:23 - Oct 10 by theloneranger

Len Beynon

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/49042

Cliff Curvis

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/29334

They were real warriors in those days. 25 fights in 1936 for Len Beynon. Very heavy schedules in all his years active. Respect.
Incident after game on Saturday on 00:23 - Oct 11 with 3827 viewsGully

This is truly disturbing. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Brighton fan
Incident after game on Saturday on 10:14 - Oct 11 with 3610 viewsCatullus

Incident after game on Saturday on 19:30 - Oct 9 by Jackfath

What was the reason for the assault? I hope he makes a full recovery. Perhaps the club could show their support of Roy and offer him some form of hospitality for a game later this season. Maybe the Trust could get involved to make this happen.

The reason, they were utterly selfish, stupid scumbags of the type most of us are sadly all too familiar with these days.

As for no snitching, people who say don't snitch are, in my experience, the first to call the police in a fight they can't win. These A holes ran away when they realised the people around them would turn on them, probably a pair of boozed up tvats.

Best wishes to Roy, chin up, you're much better than the idiots that did this.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Incident after game on Saturday on 10:59 - Oct 11 with 3566 viewsjacabertawe

Surely the police must be involved in investigating this disgusting attack?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Incident after game on Saturday on 22:26 - Oct 11 with 3278 viewsmajorraglan

Bump - in the hope that someone who’s not been on here for a few days reads the post and can help. Disgusting treatment of an old man.
Incident after game on Saturday on 08:49 - Oct 12 with 3062 viewssainthelens

Incident after game on Saturday on 00:23 - Oct 11 by Gully

This is truly disturbing. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Brighton fan

Your best wishes not gone unnoticed. Well done pal.
Incident after game on Saturday on 11:46 - Oct 13 with 2662 viewsLoyal

Incident after game on Saturday on 10:59 - Oct 11 by jacabertawe

Surely the police must be involved in investigating this disgusting attack?

You would think so, however you don't know what you don't know.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Incident after game on Saturday on 14:48 - Oct 14 with 2203 viewsBluebird

How is the old fella doing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024