Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guns and Liverpool? 12:00 - Oct 10 with 3409 viewsDarran

What the fuçk is that all about then?

I was just looking at a tribute on twitter from the Liverpool Echo that a friend retweeted to celebrate John Lennons birthday yesterday.

I had a quick look at the paper and one of the first stories I saw was about a 27 year old man out on day release from prison who was shot dead on Sunday.
The reason he was in prison was because he was caught in possession of a loaded pistol.
He was caught in possession of a loaded pistol after being shot by someone else in his own bedroom five years ago.

Staggering stuff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guns and Liverpool? on 12:27 - Oct 10 with 2981 viewsomarjack

If I understand correctly, Just another person f*cked by the system. Had enemies outside for sure and were waiting for the moment he's out on streets again to finish the job they failed to do 5 years ago.

The only reason he had to go to such lengths as for getting an illegal gun was for protection as it's very clear the police won't do f*ck all for him.

He's the one who paid eventually, 5 years in prison. And at the end of the dark tunnel there wasn't light. Only ultimate darkness.

F*cking hell but that's upsetting.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Guns and Liverpool? on 15:16 - Oct 10 with 2872 viewsDarran

Guns and Liverpool? on 12:27 - Oct 10 by omarjack

If I understand correctly, Just another person f*cked by the system. Had enemies outside for sure and were waiting for the moment he's out on streets again to finish the job they failed to do 5 years ago.

The only reason he had to go to such lengths as for getting an illegal gun was for protection as it's very clear the police won't do f*ck all for him.

He's the one who paid eventually, 5 years in prison. And at the end of the dark tunnel there wasn't light. Only ultimate darkness.

F*cking hell but that's upsetting.

Indeed but how the hell are guns so readily available on Merseyside?

It’s frightening.

Guns and Liverpool? on 15:18 - Oct 10 with 2865 viewsBurryPortJack

Huge Heroin problem up there and with that comes guns, Liverpool pretty much supplies all of South Wales with Heroin. You’ve only got to look at major drug busts involving heroin round this area it always comes from Liverpool.
Went up there on a martial arts course and the guy running it was quite well known up that way, he was alright really but made plenty of money from dealers up that way in the past.
He did a anti guns campaign then went to jail years later for carrying a gun. Strange
Guns and Liverpool? on 15:27 - Oct 10 with 2847 viewsHighjack

Guns and Liverpool? on 15:16 - Oct 10 by Darran

Indeed but how the hell are guns so readily available on Merseyside?

It’s frightening.

Inadequate policing it seems.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Guns and Liverpool? on 16:31 - Oct 10 with 2791 viewsDarran

Guns and Liverpool? on 15:27 - Oct 10 by Highjack

Inadequate policing it seems.

Well theres something not right.

Guns and Liverpool? on 17:11 - Oct 10 with 2742 viewsangryjack

It's not a one off either about 10 years ago I was seeing a young lady from Liverpool for a year and went up every Friday until Sunday for that year and gauranteed there would be some sort of shooting nearly every week,she took me to a pub where she once worked the flat iron it was called and showed me bullet holes in the bar where boys on a Sunday morning burst in and just started shooting at a gang of other boys,,it seemed the norm to her...
Guns and Liverpool? on 17:56 - Oct 10 with 2710 viewsProfessor

All gang/drug dealer related. It is in specific areas/estates. It does
not really affect the city centre or affluent areas of Merseyside. Liverpool is strongly associated with drug supply to South Wales but do a not have a particular issue with heroin in the city. The city is perfectly safe for visitors as long as you don’t head into a gang estate
Guns and Liverpool? on 18:24 - Oct 10 with 2679 viewsDarran

Guns and Liverpool? on 17:56 - Oct 10 by Professor

All gang/drug dealer related. It is in specific areas/estates. It does
not really affect the city centre or affluent areas of Merseyside. Liverpool is strongly associated with drug supply to South Wales but do a not have a particular issue with heroin in the city. The city is perfectly safe for visitors as long as you don’t head into a gang estate

Are you saying there are no go areas in Liverpool?

Login to get fewer ads

Guns and Liverpool? on 18:33 - Oct 10 with 2668 viewsangryjack

Guns and Liverpool? on 18:24 - Oct 10 by Darran

The areas north of the city are rough and poor areas ie kirkdale anfield Everton Norris green croxteth tuebrook Kensington to name a few I felt intimitaded in some these areas on my own
Guns and Liverpool? on 19:52 - Oct 10 with 2611 viewsProfessor

Guns and Liverpool? on 18:24 - Oct 10 by Darran

No. Would not recommend drinking in these areas or making scouse comments. Parts of South Wales are little better
Guns and Liverpool? on 19:55 - Oct 10 with 2608 viewsDarran

Guns and Liverpool? on 19:52 - Oct 10 by Professor

No. Would not recommend drinking in these areas or making scouse comments. Parts of South Wales are little better

So if you don’t recommend drinking in a certain pub isn’t that pub a no go area?

I don’t hear of many shootings in South Wales either my Friend.

Guns and Liverpool? on 20:07 - Oct 10 with 2578 viewsangryjack

Guns and Liverpool? on 19:55 - Oct 10 by Darran

So if you don’t recommend drinking in a certain pub isn’t that pub a no go area?

Great city with great people
Guns and Liverpool? on 20:16 - Oct 10 with 2563 viewsGowerjack

Gun crime statistics here..

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7654

But let's not let the facts get in the way of Prossers tiresome vendetta against Mersyside.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Guns and Liverpool? on 20:17 - Oct 10 with 2558 viewsDarran

Guns and Liverpool? on 20:16 - Oct 10 by Gowerjack

But let's not let the facts get in the way of Prossers tiresome vendetta against Mersyside.

Excuse me?

Guns and Liverpool? on 20:25 - Oct 10 with 2546 viewsProfessor

Guns and Liverpool? on 19:55 - Oct 10 by Darran

Not got the gang problems of Liverpool, Manchester or London I agree.
No guns does not stop acts of violence.

There are nearly 50,000 students in Liverpool. I am only aware of one serious act of violence on students in the last 10 years. For most people it is safe.

The only place I have seen guns carried openly was in rural
Ethiopia. Mainly AK47s
Guns and Liverpool? on 21:25 - Oct 10 with 2480 viewsmajorraglan

Guns and Liverpool? on 20:16 - Oct 10 by Gowerjack

Looking at the maps for non air gun related offences and Liverpool is up there in dark green amongst the worst in the Country. A lot of the gun crime is fuelled by drugs, there are some pretty desperate and some nasty people about and sadly there is lot of money at stake.

This is going on against a background of decreasing police numbers including I believe armed police.
Guns and Liverpool? on 00:15 - Oct 11 with 2414 viewsHighjack

Guns and Liverpool? on 21:25 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Looking at the maps for non air gun related offences and Liverpool is up there in dark green amongst the worst in the Country. A lot of the gun crime is fuelled by drugs, there are some pretty desperate and some nasty people about and sadly there is lot of money at stake.

This is going on against a background of decreasing police numbers including I believe armed police.

Well the police they did have were sent to hang around gentlemen’s lavatories for weeks waiting for a gay to solicit then beat up.

It’s no wonder the criminals are winning.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Guns and Liverpool? on 13:14 - Oct 11 with 2293 viewsLord_Bony

Just be thankful these incidents are very rare.

If this were America there'd be lot of guns and ammunition to be had down at the local Asda store.

Then we'd have some fun in this country.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Guns and Liverpool? on 19:24 - Oct 11 with 2207 viewsCatullus

Guns are far too easily available all over the UK. I don't know the fella anymore but at one point I could easily get my hands on a gun and someone who lives close by reckons he's got a gun, but there are several drug dealers around here.
One of those dealers (or was, went straight a few years back) told me I'd be shocked at how many people I knew were doing or dealing and several were doing both, their busiest areas were the so called posh areas. I have no idea, I've never done illegal drugs....well a bit of speed back in the day but nothing too serious!

Most of our big cities have a gun problem, Manchester is rife with them too and London, it's gang related and I thank my luck every time I see another kid has been killed that I'm from Swansea.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Guns and Liverpool? on 19:51 - Oct 11 with 2189 viewsexiledclaseboy

I spent three days in Liverpool for work this week. It’s a very nice city. Not a gun to be seen.

Poll: Tory leader

Guns and Liverpool? on 21:03 - Oct 11 with 2153 viewsProfessor

Guns and Liverpool? on 19:51 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

I spent three days in Liverpool for work this week. It’s a very nice city. Not a gun to be seen.

This was my point. Where were you Clasey? Central Liverpool is booming.
So much has changed since I came here in 2004
Guns and Liverpool? on 21:09 - Oct 11 with 2151 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guns and Liverpool? on 21:03 - Oct 11 by Professor

This was my point. Where were you Clasey? Central Liverpool is booming.
So much has changed since I came here in 2004

Only saw the city centre briefly on the way in. We were at Aintree racecourse so our hotel was a mile or so away from there. Northern Perimeter Road. Which struck me as a very literal street name. The wife and I spent a few days up there a few years ago when we beat Liverpool at Anfield in the League Cup and we stayed more central then. Nice place. The people are very friendly in my experience.

Poll: Tory leader

Guns and Liverpool? on 17:13 - Oct 12 with 2006 viewsProfessor

Guns and Liverpool? on 21:09 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

Only saw the city centre briefly on the way in. We were at Aintree racecourse so our hotel was a mile or so away from there. Northern Perimeter Road. Which struck me as a very literal street name. The wife and I spent a few days up there a few years ago when we beat Liverpool at Anfield in the League Cup and we stayed more central then. Nice place. The people are very friendly in my experience.

Shame. Although Aintree itself is quite impressive, the city is vibrant with a great independent food and drink scene. Lots to recommend despite its problems
Guns and Liverpool? on 17:24 - Oct 12 with 2003 viewsangryjack

Guns and Liverpool? on 17:13 - Oct 12 by Professor

Shame. Although Aintree itself is quite impressive, the city is vibrant with a great independent food and drink scene. Lots to recommend despite its problems

Like I said earlier I was up there every weekend for a year seeing a scouse lass,great place many a night out on county road
Guns and Liverpool? on 17:36 - Oct 12 with 1995 viewsProfessor

Guns and Liverpool? on 17:24 - Oct 12 by angryjack

Like I said earlier I was up there every weekend for a year seeing a scouse lass,great place many a night out on county road

Not unlike Swansea in many ways. Just bigger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024