Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour 21:24 - Oct 10 with 1823 viewsDarran

Off you go.

https://nation.cymru/news/labour-vote-down-attempt-to-stop-nuclear-mud-being-dum

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 21:28 - Oct 10 with 1815 viewsmajorraglan

Can’t undestand it, why would anyone agree to have nuclear mud dumped off its own coast? They should be named and shamed and voted out next time there’s an election.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 22:19 - Oct 10 with 1787 viewsDarran

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 21:28 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Can’t undestand it, why would anyone agree to have nuclear mud dumped off its own coast? They should be named and shamed and voted out next time there’s an election.

It’s truly staggering.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 22:50 - Oct 10 with 1769 viewsKilkennyjack

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 21:28 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Red Tories ? Feels like that.

Shameful. Stand up for Cymru, nobody else will.

The real test is ... would they dump it in the Thames ?
Would they feck.

#geigerbay

Beware of the Risen People

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 22:53 - Oct 10 with 1766 viewsLeonWasGod

Where to start? Is it 'nuclear' (radioactive) or clean as determined by tests? What's been done to test the waste? What's been done to assess the site? Without knowing the details behind any f the investigation related to this it's impossible to know whether this bad or not.

Concerns have been raised, but did the people raising the concerns have access to the necessary info?

I'm not fan in principle (renewables is the way to go and hydrogen for vehicles imo) but this is obviously an emotive issue and one to easily misrepresent without knowing the info.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 23:49 - Oct 10 with 1733 viewsWingstandwood

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 22:19 - Oct 10 by Darran

It’s truly staggering.

Agree! It is utterly surreal like something out of Yes Minister or The New Statesman with Alan B'stard.

In fact it is rather like The New Statesman episode (entitled: Waste Not Want Not) whereupon despicable moral-void Alan B'stard gets involved with the dumping of nuclear waste under a school.

So in this case?.... The fact looks far worse than fiction, a major difference however i.e. the lowlife scum/political involvement is from Welsh Labour! The complete and utter B'stards!
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 23:52]

Argus!

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 23:58 - Oct 10 with 1720 viewsKilkennyjack

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 23:49 - Oct 10 by Wingstandwood

Agree! It is utterly surreal like something out of Yes Minister or The New Statesman with Alan B'stard.

In fact it is rather like The New Statesman episode (entitled: Waste Not Want Not) whereupon despicable moral-void Alan B'stard gets involved with the dumping of nuclear waste under a school.

So in this case?.... The fact looks far worse than fiction, a major difference however i.e. the lowlife scum/political involvement is from Welsh Labour! The complete and utter B'stards!

👏

Its not been tested properly.

Beware of the Risen People

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 00:10 - Oct 11 with 1713 viewsDJack

For the alarmists...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-42226392

Testing on the sediment was carried out by CEFAS, an executive agency of the UK Government, and has since been analysed by NRW.

It found levels of artificial radioactivity in the mud were so low they would equate to being "not radioactive" in law.

A presentation prepared for AMs by EDF outlined a case involving this methodology:

It "conservatively assumes" a person spends about four hours a day, every day, on the shore near the Cardiff Grounds and eats 50kg of fish and 15kg of crustacean and molluscs a year, all sourced from the Cardiff Grounds
Exposure to the radioactivity in the sediment is also considered from inhaling any sediment that may accumulate on the shore
Assuming a person was to do all of the above, 90% of the radiological dose they would receive would be from naturally occurring radiation
The research found combining natural and artificial levels of radioactivity together, any exposure would be 10,000 times less than an airline pilot's annual dose, 750 times less than the average dose received by a resident of Pembrokeshire due to naturally occurring Radon, and equivalent to eating 20 bananas each year - an "infinitesimally small level".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 01:01 - Oct 11 with 1693 viewsJosey_Wales37

Its disgusting decision imo, but was always going to be the case. Some Lab and Cons AMs were making out like they were going to vote against , then went with it.

The protest is about the fact the tests could not detect all particles, scientists have told us so.. Imo they can not 100% say that no human, animal, sea life or any part of eco system will never be affected. They can not say how test results may change once mud is moved, or how it will react with water or how it will travel. Reports already coming about a beach in Barry being covered in a sludge substance.

Again, as seems to be the norm in Wales now, no consultation took place, they just did it.

Our own Lab AM apparently called any people showing concerns about this dull lol..

Gower surfers who were present today were giving them what for fair play.

Wait till people start looking into the reports of spraying in Swansea with lethal pesticides etc
Login to get fewer ads

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:08 - Oct 11 with 1668 viewsScottishEddie

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 00:10 - Oct 11 by DJack

For the alarmists...

Testing on the sediment was carried out by CEFAS, an executive agency of the UK Government, and has since been analysed by NRW.

It found levels of artificial radioactivity in the mud were so low they would equate to being "not radioactive" in law.

A presentation prepared for AMs by EDF outlined a case involving this methodology:

It "conservatively assumes" a person spends about four hours a day, every day, on the shore near the Cardiff Grounds and eats 50kg of fish and 15kg of crustacean and molluscs a year, all sourced from the Cardiff Grounds
Exposure to the radioactivity in the sediment is also considered from inhaling any sediment that may accumulate on the shore
Assuming a person was to do all of the above, 90% of the radiological dose they would receive would be from naturally occurring radiation
The research found combining natural and artificial levels of radioactivity together, any exposure would be 10,000 times less than an airline pilot's annual dose, 750 times less than the average dose received by a resident of Pembrokeshire due to naturally occurring Radon, and equivalent to eating 20 bananas each year - an "infinitesimally small level".

Imagine a pilot from Pembroke who eats a banana at lunch everday!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:28 - Oct 11 with 1659 viewspeenemunde

Nuclear mud 😂 it’s not.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:34 - Oct 11 with 1654 viewspeenemunde

For the alarmists...

Unbelievable the scare stories.
No wonder people don’t believe organisations like Greenpeace.
Greenpeace should stop scaremongering as the scaremongering is making them look idiotic and will do their cause no good at all.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:44 - Oct 11 with 1650 viewspeenemunde

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 01:01 - Oct 11 by Josey_Wales37

Its disgusting decision imo, but was always going to be the case. Some Lab and Cons AMs were making out like they were going to vote against , then went with it.

The protest is about the fact the tests could not detect all particles, scientists have told us so.. Imo they can not 100% say that no human, animal, sea life or any part of eco system will never be affected. They can not say how test results may change once mud is moved, or how it will react with water or how it will travel. Reports already coming about a beach in Barry being covered in a sludge substance.

Again, as seems to be the norm in Wales now, no consultation took place, they just did it.

Our own Lab AM apparently called any people showing concerns about this dull lol..

Gower surfers who were present today were giving them what for fair play.

Wait till people start looking into the reports of spraying in Swansea with lethal pesticides etc

People showing concern are definitely dull.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 10:42 - Oct 11 with 1601 viewsCatullus

In things like this facts are often irrelevant and perception is everything. Lets face it, facts are often not true anynore, people lie to get what they want, be it brexit, devolution, to sell a football club, everyone tells lies to suit their own desires.

The bananas thing made me laugh, I eat a lot of them, usually 4 or 5 a day, they reckon 7.5 gives you your DRI of potassium and a dangerous amount is 195 a day.

Back on topic, we all know if you throw enough mud, some always sticks. If it's Nuclear mud, how long before the headlines are calling this a scandal? Will we one day find out we've been misled?

I'm biased anyway, I hate the WAG!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 10:43 - Oct 11 with 1600 viewsJosey_Wales37

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:44 - Oct 11 by peenemunde

ok
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 11:56 - Oct 11 with 1574 viewsWingstandwood

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:44 - Oct 11 by peenemunde

Dull? Even if the stuff is proven to have acceptable radioactivity the concern for the sheer amount ( 320,000 tonnes a lot) and where it will eventually end up is IMO justified.

Hope it's spread out wide and far and does not affect sea bed ecology and coastline/beaches. And will the 320,000 tonnes just be the start? Will Swansea/Gower coastline be next? People have naturally been concerned about the effect of other man-made intervention like sand dredging ( hence 30,000 petition for Gower)......Definitely dull thirty thousand people?......Nah, right to raise questions because once dumped or once taken away there will be no way to turn the clock back.

Argus!

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 14:45 - Oct 11 with 1520 viewspeenemunde

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 11:56 - Oct 11 by Wingstandwood

Dull? Even if the stuff is proven to have acceptable radioactivity the concern for the sheer amount ( 320,000 tonnes a lot) and where it will eventually end up is IMO justified.

Hope it's spread out wide and far and does not affect sea bed ecology and coastline/beaches. And will the 320,000 tonnes just be the start? Will Swansea/Gower coastline be next? People have naturally been concerned about the effect of other man-made intervention like sand dredging ( hence 30,000 petition for Gower)......Definitely dull thirty thousand people?......Nah, right to raise questions because once dumped or once taken away there will be no way to turn the clock back.

It hasn’t been proven that the mud is radioactive at all though and let’s not forget all EDF are doing is moving mud from one part of the Bristol Channel and placing it into another part of the Bristol Channel.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 14:46]
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 14:45 - Oct 11 with 1524 viewsCatullus

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 11:56 - Oct 11 by Wingstandwood

If theyever try this around Swansea it should just be NO.....and while we're at it can Blackpool give us our sand back please!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 15:15 - Oct 11 with 1511 viewsEbo

For the alarmists...

Regardless of the level of radioactivity, at the end of the day it's dumping waste on our doorstep and welsh labour have let them do it.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 15:16 - Oct 11 with 1508 viewsEbo

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 23:49 - Oct 10 by Wingstandwood

The welsh Tories did nothing either. They voted for it too. Only Plaid and the Greens were against.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 15:32 - Oct 11 with 1495 viewsWingstandwood

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 14:45 - Oct 11 by Catullus

If theyever try this around Swansea it should just be NO.....and while we're at it can Blackpool give us our sand back please!

My worry is they kick off down Cardiff way and decide to go down these parts instead because its lesser-tactical-vote sophisticated i.e. donkey vote central.

The press (or bloggers?) down SE Wales way seemed concerned? The voters wont (*cough, cough, cough*) be to impressed reading....

Quote: "Experts say the consequences of this operation — which involves the dumping of over 320,000 tonnes of English nuclear mud in Welsh Waters — may not become apparent for generations."
https://penarthnews.wordpress.com/2018/09/11/in-the-dark-the-first-2000-tons-of-

And even if harmless? Possibility of tide washed over-excess turning beaches/areas into a mud/sludge bath ain't gonna be welcome? What with an incident like this happening after the dumping of only 10,000 tonnes.
https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/fight-continues-stop-catastrophic-effe
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 18:59]

Argus!

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 19:19 - Oct 11 with 1405 viewsjack2jack

We are totally fvcking this planet up aren't we.Nuclear waste being dumped in and around populated areas, and I don't care if it's safe by law.We really need to be thinking about this,anyway I thought this waste has to be screened and disposed of safely.Whatever they say about the waste, it'll be all lies. Unfortunately this is money driven as are all fvck ups, someone somewhere is probably making a nice bit of coin out of it.
Either way it stinks, and should be investigated externally.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 19:55 - Oct 11 with 1384 viewsWingstandwood

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 19:19 - Oct 11 by jack2jack

We are totally fvcking this planet up aren't we.Nuclear waste being dumped in and around populated areas, and I don't care if it's safe by law.We really need to be thinking about this,anyway I thought this waste has to be screened and disposed of safely.Whatever they say about the waste, it'll be all lies. Unfortunately this is money driven as are all fvck ups, someone somewhere is probably making a nice bit of coin out of it.
Either way it stinks, and should be investigated externally.

I do not know the in depth decision making, the reasonings, and going on's about (looks like a political farce to me) all this, but what I cannot work out?

They say it's safe mud but nevertheless decide to move it from what I presume to be a lesser picturesque and lesser ecologically/environmentally important marine location. Its moved onto the South Wales coastline that I presume to be a cut above the place from where the mud originally came/comes from.

So why move it at all? Why go to all the expense and hassle to do so? And why take it to a region that seems utterly unsuited? Alarm bells sure do ring?

Argus!

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 20:06 - Oct 11 with 1370 viewsjack2jack

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 19:55 - Oct 11 by Wingstandwood

I do not know the in depth decision making, the reasonings, and going on's about (looks like a political farce to me) all this, but what I cannot work out?

They say it's safe mud but nevertheless decide to move it from what I presume to be a lesser picturesque and lesser ecologically/environmentally important marine location. Its moved onto the South Wales coastline that I presume to be a cut above the place from where the mud originally came/comes from.

So why move it at all? Why go to all the expense and hassle to do so? And why take it to a region that seems utterly unsuited? Alarm bells sure do ring?

It's a fair point you make there, so you have to wonder, who's making money out of this?
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 00:56 - Oct 12 with 1320 viewsJosey_Wales37

Got told last night that more scientists have come forward and are raging at the decision. They are saying that Hinckley has had a few accidents and the tests are not enough and certainly will not have detected all particles. There is a already a sludge substance covering a beach in Barry too.

This is project between the 'UK' gov, Welsh gov and EDF which has multi millions of pounds riding on it with some fat cat MPs/AMs probably lining their pockets too.

This potentially will affect as far as Pembrokeshire Eco System wise.
Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 06:25 - Oct 12 with 1288 viewspeenemunde

Nuclear Mud - Welsh Labour on 00:56 - Oct 12 by Josey_Wales37

Got told last night that more scientists have come forward and are raging at the decision. They are saying that Hinckley has had a few accidents and the tests are not enough and certainly will not have detected all particles. There is a already a sludge substance covering a beach in Barry too.

This is project between the 'UK' gov, Welsh gov and EDF which has multi millions of pounds riding on it with some fat cat MPs/AMs probably lining their pockets too.

This potentially will affect as far as Pembrokeshire Eco System wise.

Was it Trampie who told you 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024