Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa's new manager 03:52 - Oct 11 with 2713 viewsGlyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/10/aston-villa-manager-search-dean

You have to say that that is exactly the right partnership for Villa. They will definitely be in the top 6 by the end of the season, maybe Brentford will still be there as well. So, what does the "supercomputer" think about that?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 3:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Villa's new manager on 07:42 - Oct 11 with 2585 viewsraynor94

I rate Smith highly, I wonder if it was his idea to appoint the big ego, that is Terry

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Villa's new manager on 07:46 - Oct 11 with 2575 viewstheloneranger

Villa's new manager on 07:42 - Oct 11 by raynor94

I rate Smith highly, I wonder if it was his idea to appoint the big ego, that is Terry

"Terry was earmarked for a return to Villa irrespective of the manager. The 37-year-old captained the team last season, when they suffered defeat to Fulham in the play-off final, and there was a desire at board level to bring him back in a coaching capacity. It is understood that Terry’s role will not prevent Smith from bringing in his backroom staff from Griffin Park, although much now depends on Brentford’s stance."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Villa's new manager on 07:52 - Oct 11 with 2565 viewswestside

Jesus is sporting director.

Wow what a management team

Wonder if Terry will wear his full kit in the dugout
Villa's new manager on 08:01 - Oct 11 with 2551 viewsWarwickHunt

Villa's new manager on 07:52 - Oct 11 by westside

It’s possible to appoint a new sporting director?

Unbelievable, Jeff! Someone should tell the Yanks.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 9:30]
Villa's new manager on 08:15 - Oct 11 with 2524 views34dfgdf54

Will be interesting to see how Dean Smith does.

It’s a whole different ball game now he is at a club which expects a quick return to Premier League and players with huge egos / salaries. Some can’t deal with it.
Villa's new manager on 09:22 - Oct 11 with 2418 viewsomarjack

This reminds me of Gary Rowett's move to Stoke. He's been sh!t considering Stoke are the best squad on paper, highest spending by far and the biggest wage bill. The fans already want his head on a plate and understandably so.

It's a mix of poor management, big egos and lack of confidence. Smith might do them good tactically. But if the players don't change their attitude, the blame will fall on Smith and the cycle will go on.

At any rate, I'm enjoying this, I hope they do poorly.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Villa's new manager on 09:47 - Oct 11 with 2377 viewsdickythorpe

Similar to when Brendan went from us to Liverpool. Much more expectancy of success, bigger ego's to deal with.
If Dean fails he can always rely on the Scottish prem to hide any shortcomings.
Villa's new manager on 10:06 - Oct 11 with 2340 viewsCatullus

Villa's new manager on 09:22 - Oct 11 by omarjack

This reminds me of Gary Rowett's move to Stoke. He's been sh!t considering Stoke are the best squad on paper, highest spending by far and the biggest wage bill. The fans already want his head on a plate and understandably so.

It's a mix of poor management, big egos and lack of confidence. Smith might do them good tactically. But if the players don't change their attitude, the blame will fall on Smith and the cycle will go on.

At any rate, I'm enjoying this, I hope they do poorly.

Got to agree. Not sure about Terry as number 2......well he is one but I digress, plenty of big name players fall flat on their faces trying to get into management.

Smith has a big job on, will he go with the same plan as at Brentford? The Villa fans will expect bigger names than he took to the Bees, us fans are hardly known for our patience in these things either. Many will be moaning if Villa aren't challenging the top 3 by the new year and if Villa don't do well after the January window Smith will be under pressure. I guess it'll depend on the owners and whether they'll accept that this season is now about rebuilding and they send that message out strongly to the fans.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Villa's new manager on 21:28 - Oct 11 with 2055 viewsmajorraglan

Based on what he’s achieved with Brentford this may well prove to be a very good appointment. It’s certainly hotting up in the Championship with Boro, Leeds, West Brom and Sheffield United at the top and teams who have big aspirations such as Villa, Stoke and Derby trailing behind.

It’s not over until the fat lady sings, but i just feel that with a little more backing (and I don’t mean throwing radio rental money at it) Swansea could be right up there.
Villa's new manager on 22:46 - Oct 11 with 1973 viewsbonymine

Typical timing when we play them next a new Manager so expect the customary ‘bounce’ from that plus Doug Ellis passed away this week (RIP a true football man) so got a horrible feeling Villa will be ‘right up for it’ a week on Saturday.

That said, with the backing of 2,750 travelling Jacks and with the flowing, attacking football we’re playing right now this could be a cracker !!

I’m going for a 2-2 draw Oli & Celina.

STID .....💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Villa's new manager on 22:53 - Oct 11 with 1967 viewsBadlands

Villa's new manager on 07:52 - Oct 11 by westside

That's nothing we had 'Christ Almighty' playing for us at the weekend!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Villa's new manager on 23:06 - Oct 11 with 1942 viewsFireboy2

Villa's new manager on 22:53 - Oct 11 by Badlands

That's nothing we had 'Christ Almighty' playing for us at the weekend!

I hope we dont suffer a backlash

Been to about 11 games the last two seasons and havent seen us win yet
Villa's new manager on 22:05 - Oct 12 with 1702 viewsTenbySwan

The Villa fans are all coming out for this one. 35k sold already and the "Trinty Stand Upper" is now being opened 😎

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/10/12/aston-villa-trinity-road-upper-update
Villa's new manager on 23:00 - Oct 12 with 1665 viewsLoyal

Villa's new manager on 08:15 - Oct 11 by 34dfgdf54

Will be interesting to see how Dean Smith does.

It’s a whole different ball game now he is at a club which expects a quick return to Premier League and players with huge egos / salaries. Some can’t deal with it.

JOHN TERRY
In a management position?
The guy has no respect for anything or anyone.

Comes from criminal stock and has left a personal legacy of pretty much nothing.

Yeah, he will probably do quite well in football.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 23:01]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024