Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking fine 10:16 - Oct 11 with 5820 viewssmellyjack

Hi just looking for any tips/advice

I have received a fixed penalty charge of £70, for parking outside Sainsbury’s in the uplands, this was at 8.45 on a Wednesday night, and the letter says this is area is a taxi rank. (I had no idea)

Any suggestions on how I could get this penalty from the council overturned?

Ta
Parking fine on 10:24 - Oct 11 with 4979 viewsMrSwerve

Quickly register your car as a taxi

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Parking fine on 10:25 - Oct 11 with 4976 viewsraynor94

You are not going to get it overturned, but don't you get a discount for paying promptly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Parking fine on 10:29 - Oct 11 with 4971 viewsmagicdaps10

Ask them to send you a picture before you pay because you cant remember being at that location at that time.

Send recorded or if you have an email address then do it that way.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Parking fine on 12:03 - Oct 11 with 4914 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Parking fine on 10:29 - Oct 11 by magicdaps10

Ask them to send you a picture before you pay because you cant remember being at that location at that time.

Send recorded or if you have an email address then do it that way.

The infamous van strikes again

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Parking fine on 12:12 - Oct 11 with 4889 viewsLeonWasGod

Go and check out if it is a taxi rank. And if there aren't any signs, take pics of them (if you know what I mean!). If anything I thought it was just a bus stop - if you've been snapped in one of those then you haven't really got a leg to stand on.

I hate Swansea council's aggressive, punitive approach to drivers. Fair enough if someone's causing an obstruction but a little bit of common sense goes a long way. They're just looking to maximise revenue. Like sending the photovan around school areas at drop off an pick up time (after they's made everywhere residential permits only, so there's nowhere to park). Like painting the double yellows everywhere where people used to be able to park (legally) around the Liberty. Council Highways are arseholes.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 12:14]
Parking fine on 12:55 - Oct 11 with 4842 viewsLord_Bony

Unless you are a blue badge holder there is no way out of this one I'm afraid.

Suck it up and move on.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Parking fine on 13:09 - Oct 11 with 4812 viewspikeypaul

Just pay it.

The labour Councillors down at county hall are having their Christmas party in 6 weeks someone's going to have to pay for it.

Why not you?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Parking fine on 13:09 - Oct 11 with 4812 viewssome_bloke

Phone them and arrange a standing order for a £1 a month. Tell them you'll struggle to pay it in one go etc etc. You won't miss it, they'll take forever to get it and it won't do your credit score any harm. I've got 13 months @£1 a month to run on my current £35 parking fine from two years ago. I could easily pay it in one go, but I won't.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 13:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Parking fine on 13:11 - Oct 11 with 4805 viewsjack2jack

There is an appeal procedure, however, unless they have completely fvcked up you'll be lucky to get off with it, good luck anyway.
Unless there is a problem with the signing, lining or the actual traffic order (if required this site) it'll be difficult
Parking fine on 13:13 - Oct 11 with 4800 viewsdickythorpe

Parking fine on 13:09 - Oct 11 by some_bloke

Phone them and arrange a standing order for a £1 a month. Tell them you'll struggle to pay it in one go etc etc. You won't miss it, they'll take forever to get it and it won't do your credit score any harm. I've got 13 months @£1 a month to run on my current £35 parking fine from two years ago. I could easily pay it in one go, but I won't.

Really? Good advice.

I think you will have to pay. They'll turn round and say well you wouldn't park there at 8.45 in the morning.
Put it down to experience, but if you can pay in installments that's great.... I think?!
Parking fine on 13:18 - Oct 11 with 4790 viewssome_bloke

Parking fine on 13:13 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

Really? Good advice.

I think you will have to pay. They'll turn round and say well you wouldn't park there at 8.45 in the morning.
Put it down to experience, but if you can pay in installments that's great.... I think?!

Well it works with Carmarthenshire County Council anyway. I got booked outside a flat I rent out as I don't have a permit, as I don't live there. Phoned the council, arranged £1 a month. My mate was here pissing himself laughing when I phoned them. It's the second time I've done it over the years.
Parking fine on 13:28 - Oct 11 with 4763 viewsSwanzay

Parking fine on 13:18 - Oct 11 by some_bloke

Well it works with Carmarthenshire County Council anyway. I got booked outside a flat I rent out as I don't have a permit, as I don't live there. Phoned the council, arranged £1 a month. My mate was here pissing himself laughing when I phoned them. It's the second time I've done it over the years.

The spaces outside Sainsburys Uplands "turn" into a taxi rank after 7pm, recently been introduced and signposted.
Parking fine on 13:41 - Oct 11 with 4746 viewsjackal

Bite the bullet and pay up as soon as possible.

Put it down to experience and move on.

Not much chance of getting off them.
Parking fine on 13:50 - Oct 11 with 4735 viewssmellyjack

Parking fine on 13:28 - Oct 11 by Swanzay

The spaces outside Sainsburys Uplands "turn" into a taxi rank after 7pm, recently been introduced and signposted.

do you know how long this has been the case? I drove past this morning and could not see any signs. I was buying booze so reckon I was in sainburys 5 minutes maximum
Parking fine on 20:03 - Oct 11 with 4573 viewsSwanzay

Parking fine on 13:50 - Oct 11 by smellyjack

do you know how long this has been the case? I drove past this morning and could not see any signs. I was buying booze so reckon I was in sainburys 5 minutes maximum

Around 2/3 months at a guess....
Parking fine on 20:54 - Oct 11 with 4522 viewsJack123

Parking fine on 13:50 - Oct 11 by smellyjack

Have they got taxi markings on the road? I hate those vans, cash grabbing bastar*s..

Look's like this fella won his appeal. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=48904

libera nos a malo

Parking fine on 21:59 - Oct 11 with 4479 viewsLeonWasGod

Parking fine on 20:54 - Oct 11 by Jack123

Have they got taxi markings on the road? I hate those vans, cash grabbing bastar*s..

Look's like this fella won his appeal. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=48904

Not really. It’s a single yellow restriction, with signs at each end. But on the road you’d struggle to make out the single yellow, it’s very worn. I checked tonight, that’s how sad I am! Saw another camera vehicle tonight too - a car with camera on roof bars rather than the normal van. I hate them with a passion (and no they haven’t caught me before).
Parking fine on 14:47 - Oct 16 with 4189 viewscontroversial_jack

Check the wording of the fine, check any legislation and any deviation from it and you have a case to challenge it. If it's from the council, there's a good chance something will be amiss
Parking fine on 15:12 - Oct 16 with 4155 viewssainthelens

Just pay it pal.
I've seen episodes of " Don't pay we'll take it away". You don't want those fckers knocking your door in 12 months time.
Parking fine on 15:22 - Oct 16 with 4144 viewsJosey_Wales37

Think there a yellow sign there that says from 7pm, no parking except taxis and underneath a white sign that says 30mins from 7am. Easily mistakable of course as you could have of course misunderstood and thought it was the other way around. There hardly any Taxis there ever like its a taxi rank that I have seen. Its sad that they have done you for parking there really. Hope you can find way around it bud.
Parking fine on 15:30 - Oct 16 with 4128 viewslonglostjack

Parking fine on 13:09 - Oct 11 by some_bloke

I read somewhere that you should pay slightly more than the parking fine itself. Apparently they would have difficulty reconciling the extra money in their books. It could be an urban myth of course but if a lot of people were to do it I'd imagine it could cause havoc.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Parking fine on 17:51 - Oct 16 with 4056 viewsLoyal

Parking fine on 12:12 - Oct 11 by LeonWasGod

Go and check out if it is a taxi rank. And if there aren't any signs, take pics of them (if you know what I mean!). If anything I thought it was just a bus stop - if you've been snapped in one of those then you haven't really got a leg to stand on.

I hate Swansea council's aggressive, punitive approach to drivers. Fair enough if someone's causing an obstruction but a little bit of common sense goes a long way. They're just looking to maximise revenue. Like sending the photovan around school areas at drop off an pick up time (after they's made everywhere residential permits only, so there's nowhere to park). Like painting the double yellows everywhere where people used to be able to park (legally) around the Liberty. Council Highways are arseholes.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 12:14]

Is the right answer

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Parking fine on 17:54 - Oct 16 with 4053 viewsdickythorpe

Parking fine on 15:30 - Oct 16 by longlostjack

I read somewhere that you should pay slightly more than the parking fine itself. Apparently they would have difficulty reconciling the extra money in their books. It could be an urban myth of course but if a lot of people were to do it I'd imagine it could cause havoc.

Pay more? Lol!!!! The urban myth was always to make out your cheque a penny less.,as their computers couldn't possibly cope and the fine would mysteriously vanish. Lol!!!!
Parking fine on 18:22 - Oct 16 with 4031 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking fine on 17:51 - Oct 16 by Loyal

Is the right answer

The council tried to fine a relative of mine for driving into a bus lane on Neath Road, however the markings didn't comply with the regulations.They completely ignored this and I challenged them again because the wording was wrong and it didn't comply with the legislation.

A technicality, i know, but wording is what it's all about.This was 2 years ago, and they didn't even have the decency to acknowledge.It's only the cost of a few letters so it's always worth a try
Parking fine on 18:34 - Oct 16 with 4021 viewszedlep

Though I don’t hold out much hope, I’m currently arguing a ticket I got parking in a loading bay on Clase Road in Morriston. I honestly didn’t see the sign and there were a few extenuating circs. but I have based my appeal on the fact that in an area where there is hardly anywhere for visitors to park you would think that an area put aside for loading/unloading for business purposes would be made available when the said businesses had been closed for over two years (one is the old Bird in Hand pub). I’m waiting for a reply but don’t expect the autocrats of my beloved home town to be decent in any way.

Zedzdead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024