Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 07:56 - Oct 12 with 17318 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Come on you Swans.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:13 - Oct 14 with 1489 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:07 - Oct 14 by Chief

Over a decade in the top 2 divisions during the sky era but it took the £40million pound sale of a player for the club to appoint a manager from the Swedish leagues and a Manchester City reserve who was on loan at Ipswich!

You do realise that 2 decades in the top 2 divisions that you are loving... cost us £40m in defecit don’t you? Do you know what that means?

Just to be clear.

Without a 40m being recovered (much of it as a direct consequence of Gylfi to Everton) there would be no a penny to purchase said Ipswich player or manager from the Swedish Leagues.

What you reckon we would have done? Raised the £5-6m by busking outside the Liberty?

Please get with the programme.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 14:14]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:14 - Oct 14 with 1487 viewscostalotta

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:48 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

Wtf am I reading!?

Surely this is a wind up!?

Do you really care what hot air is repeated by some.

We sold siggy, he wanted and had to go. The money we got was more than good and should and could have been used sooo much better. I know for a fact it could have! But, it was used in a catastrophic manner in terms of altering our league status. We got relegated.

Was it inevitable, yes. Was it due? I don’t think it was, we got out of twice and finished mid table , were those lessons learnt from the blatantly obvious mistakes in the preceeding summers ! Not a chance!

Remnant sentence removed on edit.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 14:19]
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:18 - Oct 14 with 1476 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:14 - Oct 14 by costalotta

We sold siggy, he wanted and had to go. The money we got was more than good and should and could have been used sooo much better. I know for a fact it could have! But, it was used in a catastrophic manner in terms of altering our league status. We got relegated.

Was it inevitable, yes. Was it due? I don’t think it was, we got out of twice and finished mid table , were those lessons learnt from the blatantly obvious mistakes in the preceeding summers ! Not a chance!

15th is not mid table, stop being so ridiculous, of course we were overdue to go down - well overdue.

Spouting your rubbish on every thread I post on is not a good look, because by the very nature of it, you continually have to take the opposite side to sense. It’s very transparent.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 14:24]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:18 - Oct 14 with 1476 viewsmagicdaps10

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:14 - Oct 14 by costalotta

Agree totally with everything you just typed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:19 - Oct 14 with 1473 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:18 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

Agree totally with everything you just typed.

That’s because you don’t usually know what day it is.

It doesn’t shock me.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:26 - Oct 14 with 1458 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:05 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Thank you for agreeing that choices were thin in the ground due to a set of inevitable circumstances based on unprecedented success. So it was not who we signed but who we couldn’t and that was dictated by those circumstances, not us.

I agree that signings didn’t work out yes, but that’s not quite what you said. You said we were relegated because of our signings, I disagreed and said it wasn’t due to our signings but who we were unable to sign.

Getting relegated last season was as inevitable as a coin landing on heads. We just had 3 flips in a row on tails, you could argue it wasn’t strictly inevitable but that didn’t really hold much weight or relevance, if we avoided it then it would have been another minor miricle and a stay of inevitable execution. If you don’t think it was inevitable that we were getting relegated within this period where these inevitable situations were converging... then you don’t think it is ever inevitable by definition.

Yet we both agree it was...

I didn’t say that at all. I said they were thin on the ground because we were way too slow in selling Sigurdsson in the summer and because of the terrible season we’d had up to that point in the winter.

If you are arguing we were relegated because we couldn’t compete for Salah and DeBrunye, then ok. If you are saying we couldn’t have done better than Bony, Clucas and Mesa with £40m, then I guess that’s your opinion.

Edit - unless by ‘inevitable circumstances based on unprecedented success’ you mean getting rich by selling to a hedge fund. There’s probably some merit in that.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 14:33]
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:42 - Oct 14 with 1444 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:26 - Oct 14 by jack247

I didn’t say that at all. I said they were thin on the ground because we were way too slow in selling Sigurdsson in the summer and because of the terrible season we’d had up to that point in the winter.

If you are arguing we were relegated because we couldn’t compete for Salah and DeBrunye, then ok. If you are saying we couldn’t have done better than Bony, Clucas and Mesa with £40m, then I guess that’s your opinion.

Edit - unless by ‘inevitable circumstances based on unprecedented success’ you mean getting rich by selling to a hedge fund. There’s probably some merit in that.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 14:33]

You have no idea if they were too slow as you have no idea of the offers on the table. You are shoehorning to what you want to believe.

I am not arguing that we couldn’t compete with Salah. I am saying nobody really wanted to come here.

No I mean unprecedented success in staying in the league, as you know, you are just being silly. When we go up next we will have pretty much the whole squad on Championship wages leaving an awful lot of that income to spend on players and wages. 5 years down te line ALL of our players will be on Premier League wages should we be successful enough to stay there, this limits who we can get in.

Do you think it’s a coincidence we signed Clucas who was the Premier Leagues lowest paid starting player when he was there with Hull? Here’s a clue, it wasn’t.

You still haven’t answered my question I have asked you about ten times now. If you think it’s inevitable we will get relegated then on what scenario couldn’t you use the “if we signed better players we wouldn’t have been relegated line”.

Over to you.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 14:54]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:55 - Oct 14 with 1429 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:42 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

You have no idea if they were too slow as you have no idea of the offers on the table. You are shoehorning to what you want to believe.

I am not arguing that we couldn’t compete with Salah. I am saying nobody really wanted to come here.

No I mean unprecedented success in staying in the league, as you know, you are just being silly. When we go up next we will have pretty much the whole squad on Championship wages leaving an awful lot of that income to spend on players and wages. 5 years down te line ALL of our players will be on Premier League wages should we be successful enough to stay there, this limits who we can get in.

Do you think it’s a coincidence we signed Clucas who was the Premier Leagues lowest paid starting player when he was there with Hull? Here’s a clue, it wasn’t.

You still haven’t answered my question I have asked you about ten times now. If you think it’s inevitable we will get relegated then on what scenario couldn’t you use the “if we signed better players we wouldn’t have been relegated line”.

Over to you.

You’re saying that nobody really wanted to come to a Premier League club?
Login to get fewer ads

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:58 - Oct 14 with 1427 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:55 - Oct 14 by jack247

You’re saying that nobody really wanted to come to a Premier League club?

Where did I say that? You are doing your usual rephrasing if my sentences to fit your narrative. Just take it as I say it, no need to change it.

I am sure there are many Premier League clubs people would like to go to.

Swansea is what we are discussing. Prime relegation candidates with a squad that had accumulated dust for 7 years. Dust that doesn’t normally get to accumulate due to clubs usually getting relegated long ago. Take a look at Huddersfield in 5 years time if they are good enough to stay there, look at the comparisons. although it’s doubtfuk they can do as well as us in order to compare.

What I did say however, was there were very few players wanting to come to us, in the wage we could offer with the required talent and experience we needed. That’s just a fact.

... and you dodged my question again.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 15:01]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:59 - Oct 14 with 1423 viewsmagicdaps10

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:42 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Over to you.

Soooo.

We sold Siggy and signed the lowest paid outfield player in the premier league in readiness for relegation and to prepare for regeneration!

I will just leave that there for all to actually take in.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:03 - Oct 14 with 1414 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:59 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

Soooo.

We sold Siggy and signed the lowest paid outfield player in the premier league in readiness for relegation and to prepare for regeneration!

I will just leave that there for all to actually take in.

Soooo

You have taken two posts and merged them to make a completely different one.

Only a special kind of moron can do that.

I’ll leave that here for all to nod in agreement.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 15:04]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:06 - Oct 14 with 1407 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:58 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Where did I say that? You are doing your usual rephrasing if my sentences to fit your narrative. Just take it as I say it, no need to change it.

I am sure there are many Premier League clubs people would like to go to.

Swansea is what we are discussing. Prime relegation candidates with a squad that had accumulated dust for 7 years. Dust that doesn’t normally get to accumulate due to clubs usually getting relegated long ago. Take a look at Huddersfield in 5 years time if they are good enough to stay there, look at the comparisons. although it’s doubtfuk they can do as well as us in order to compare.

What I did say however, was there were very few players wanting to come to us, in the wage we could offer with the required talent and experience we needed. That’s just a fact.

... and you dodged my question again.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 15:01]

As in to us as a Premier league club at the time. And we weren’t prime relegation candidates at that point either.

To answer your question, yes, you could probably stay up indefinitely if you invested wisely and got a bit of luck every season. Clearly that isn’t always going to happen, which I think is your point. Mine is that we didn’t need an A+ transfer window. A C- or a D would have done. If two or three of the seven players we signed had worked out, we probably wouldn’t have gone down.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:14 - Oct 14 with 1402 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:06 - Oct 14 by jack247

As in to us as a Premier league club at the time. And we weren’t prime relegation candidates at that point either.

To answer your question, yes, you could probably stay up indefinitely if you invested wisely and got a bit of luck every season. Clearly that isn’t always going to happen, which I think is your point. Mine is that we didn’t need an A+ transfer window. A C- or a D would have done. If two or three of the seven players we signed had worked out, we probably wouldn’t have gone down.

Then say us and stop being intentionally generalistic, yes we were prime relegation candidates. Again, please stop being silly.

Luck every season? Surely you understand the nature of luck means it is a temporary and random thing? You aren’t making sense again. You either understand the notion of luck or you don’t. You either understand the notion of inevitability or you don’t. You can’t change what they mean to suit. If you need luck to stay up then that is the nature of inevitable failure - yet you say you can do it indefinitely? That makes absolutely no sense and is the epitome of contradiction.

So you now see that relegation is inevitable and cannot be broken down by timeframe, if you do that then it is no longer inevitable - even though every man and his dog knows it is. That takes us back to te coin, it is just like saying it is inevitable it will land on heads and then complaining when it does and suggesting “but it wasn’t inevitable that time”. Inevitability has no time frame, it’s inevitable always.

We stayed there for 7 years the chances of getting a good transfer window diminish by the year which is why the history books tell you that every single club outside the top 6 get relegated. They don’t all make mistakes, otherwise they would simply learn from all that have gone before. They all get forced into making decisions that circumstances of their success dictate, just as we did.

If, if, if, if, if.... It’s the fools fallacy.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 15:22]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:59 - Oct 14 with 1357 viewsswan65split

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:48 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

Wtf am I reading!?

Surely this is a wind up!?

Its excerpts from the lost Arthur C Clarke book "Conkwombe Survival Exercise"
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 16:07 - Oct 14 with 1346 viewsmagicdaps10

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:59 - Oct 14 by swan65split

Its excerpts from the lost Arthur C Clarke book "Conkwombe Survival Exercise"

He is just a tw@t. I hope he is just on a wind up, if not then he is on planet zog............at least his mate Eamsy will be with him there.

Tells you a lot that!

Have a read through the posts, it is truly on a whole new level.....selling Siggy was part of the regeneration plan to where we are today!!

Just glad I have never met him in person, as mild as I am, that level of ignorance is beyond.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 16:11 - Oct 14 with 1342 viewsswan65split

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 16:07 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

He is just a tw@t. I hope he is just on a wind up, if not then he is on planet zog............at least his mate Eamsy will be with him there.

Tells you a lot that!

Have a read through the posts, it is truly on a whole new level.....selling Siggy was part of the regeneration plan to where we are today!!

Just glad I have never met him in person, as mild as I am, that level of ignorance is beyond.

all part of the plan, gaslighting , projection, .........
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 16:22 - Oct 14 with 1323 viewsswan65split

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 16:07 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

Tells you a lot that!

Ive read them and spat my tea out, no bugger wanted to come here because we were the laughing stock of the Premier league, anyone who came here we had to pay mega bucks to, no matter who it was.

Once selling shares were on the table we were doomed.

Regardless of the Tommy Cooper writing trick of Bottle/glass is being written here.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 17:25 - Oct 14 with 1298 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 15:14 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Then say us and stop being intentionally generalistic, yes we were prime relegation candidates. Again, please stop being silly.

Luck every season? Surely you understand the nature of luck means it is a temporary and random thing? You aren’t making sense again. You either understand the notion of luck or you don’t. You either understand the notion of inevitability or you don’t. You can’t change what they mean to suit. If you need luck to stay up then that is the nature of inevitable failure - yet you say you can do it indefinitely? That makes absolutely no sense and is the epitome of contradiction.

So you now see that relegation is inevitable and cannot be broken down by timeframe, if you do that then it is no longer inevitable - even though every man and his dog knows it is. That takes us back to te coin, it is just like saying it is inevitable it will land on heads and then complaining when it does and suggesting “but it wasn’t inevitable that time”. Inevitability has no time frame, it’s inevitable always.

We stayed there for 7 years the chances of getting a good transfer window diminish by the year which is why the history books tell you that every single club outside the top 6 get relegated. They don’t all make mistakes, otherwise they would simply learn from all that have gone before. They all get forced into making decisions that circumstances of their success dictate, just as we did.

If, if, if, if, if.... It’s the fools fallacy.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 15:22]

Depends on your definition of prime. I’d have thought we’d have been odds on to stay up and certainly wouldn’t have been one of the three favourites at the start of the season. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you said Clements first half season was the most productive we’d had in the PL. We were coming off the back of that.

You are genuinely putting relegation down to it being our turn, or bound to happen sooner or later while overlooking six of our seven first team signings being failures. For a man of your intellect, that’s staggering.

I think you misread what I said about luck. I said you could stay up indefinitely if you had a bit of luck (and bought well) every season. I also said ‘clearly, that isn’t always going to happen). It didn’t last season. We bought badly.

We probably had a better chance of staying up last season than the season before.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 18:39 - Oct 14 with 1279 viewsmagicdaps10

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 17:25 - Oct 14 by jack247

Depends on your definition of prime. I’d have thought we’d have been odds on to stay up and certainly wouldn’t have been one of the three favourites at the start of the season. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you said Clements first half season was the most productive we’d had in the PL. We were coming off the back of that.

You are genuinely putting relegation down to it being our turn, or bound to happen sooner or later while overlooking six of our seven first team signings being failures. For a man of your intellect, that’s staggering.

I think you misread what I said about luck. I said you could stay up indefinitely if you had a bit of luck (and bought well) every season. I also said ‘clearly, that isn’t always going to happen). It didn’t last season. We bought badly.

We probably had a better chance of staying up last season than the season before.

The reason we got relegated was due to the failings of our recruitment department and the fact the board put all their eggs in to one basket and wanted to make sure the transfer fee was received for Siggy.....that month was wasted, wasted on not looking for adequate replacement/s.

Money was the main priority and NOT the first team. We took in enough money from tv revenue, match day revenue and players sales to carry on competing in the premier league for a number of years.

We can argue and discuss until the cows come home the right and wrong, the premier league did swallow us up especially the guys at the top....money got hold of them and souls were sold and in turn the club crumbled.

I am all for regenerating, the word seems popular, but doing it with those guys who sold their souls is something that can never happen.....history will just repeat itself.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 18:43 - Oct 14 with 1273 viewsDarran

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 17:25 - Oct 14 by jack247

Got to laugh at you Tim aye,you’ve mentioned trolls several times in the past but you constantly reply to the biggest lying one of all.

Bizarre.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 20:16 - Oct 14 with 1228 viewspencoedjack

Spot on fella.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 20:24 - Oct 14 with 1217 views34dfgdf54

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 18:43 - Oct 14 by Darran

Got to laugh at you Tim aye,you’ve mentioned trolls several times in the past but you constantly reply to the biggest lying one of all.

Bizarre.

I’ve never known someone so articulate, be so thick either. Strange.

Edit - On about E20 not 247 btw.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 20:25]
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 20:37 - Oct 14 with 1206 viewsDarran

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 20:24 - Oct 14 by 34dfgdf54

I’ve never known someone so articulate, be so thick either. Strange.

Edit - On about E20 not 247 btw.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 20:25]

Ignore the prick Blaine.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 21:03 - Oct 14 with 1188 viewsE20Jack

Tells you a lot that!

I’d like to think it staggers me you are unable to process it.

But it doesn’t.

Go figure.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 21:05 - Oct 14 with 1182 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 16:22 - Oct 14 by swan65split

Ive read them and spat my tea out, no bugger wanted to come here because we were the laughing stock of the Premier league, anyone who came here we had to pay mega bucks to, no matter who it was.

Once selling shares were on the table we were doomed.

Regardless of the Tommy Cooper writing trick of Bottle/glass is being written here.

So what you have said is no player wanted to come here and it was inevitable we were going to get relegated.

Funny way to agree.

But that’s what the trolling gang do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024