Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the monies gone the club is skint 11:18 - Oct 12 with 16278 viewsbostondanvers

Apparently the club have to sell Roden, Conner and Bony in the January window otherwise they will be become insolvent. Just where has the money 💰 has gone ??
All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:56 - Oct 17 with 2321 viewsjackrmee

All the monies gone the club is skint on 21:53 - Oct 16 by Loyal

That's the problem mate, too many apologists for these asset stripping fcks.

I dunno...I do believe they should be given the benefit of the doubt and also think that constant moaning on here is just bad all round.
However, if/when we know for definite that they are trying to harm the club, something serious should be done.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

All the monies gone the club is skint on 18:46 - Oct 17 with 2269 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:07 - Oct 17 by TailGunner

Did Potter use those actual words? Did he say there was a contract offer?
Are you calling Roberts a liar?

Potter said that the club had approached them both and opened negotiations in one of his Thursday press conferences a few weeks ago.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:03 - Oct 17 with 2257 viewsBadlands

Contract talks take time.
Players' agents will be looking to secure what they and the player believes to be in their best interests (usually money).
Both Connor and Joe have only just proven they are up to Championship standards.
Had they been given long high paid contracts in August in the hope they would succeed but then didn't the same old souls would be moaning about the club throwing money away on useless signings.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:06 - Oct 17 with 2255 viewsTailGunner

All the monies gone the club is skint on 18:46 - Oct 17 by jasper_T

Potter said that the club had approached them both and opened negotiations in one of his Thursday press conferences a few weeks ago.

With respect negotiation does not mean contract offer
All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:08 - Oct 17 with 2253 viewsTailGunner

All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:03 - Oct 17 by Badlands

Players' agents will be looking to secure what they and the player believes to be in their best interests (usually money).
Both Connor and Joe have only just proven they are up to Championship standards.
Had they been given long high paid contracts in August in the hope they would succeed but then didn't the same old souls would be moaning about the club throwing money away on useless signings.

Would have been a very small gamble for both
Roberts already played premier League & international football before August!!!

What about the rookies Fer and VDH??
All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:19 - Oct 17 with 2236 viewsjack247

Reasonable point, but these boys should have been signed up on very modest contracts before they hit the first team, not in August. Would have been a lot cheaper than opening negotiations when they are doing well in the Championship and free agents in the summer. They have been given all the cards.

Having said that, I fully expect both to sign new contracts, it should have been done a while ago though. According to transfermarkt, we have six regular starters out of contract at the end of the season, plus Dan James and CCV.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 23:31 - Oct 17 with 2134 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:08 - Oct 17 by TailGunner

Would have been a very small gamble for both
Roberts already played premier League & international football before August!!!

What about the rookies Fer and VDH??

Fer is on a lot more than we can afford in this division.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 23:33 - Oct 17 with 2131 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 19:19 - Oct 17 by jack247

Reasonable point, but these boys should have been signed up on very modest contracts before they hit the first team, not in August. Would have been a lot cheaper than opening negotiations when they are doing well in the Championship and free agents in the summer. They have been given all the cards.

Having said that, I fully expect both to sign new contracts, it should have been done a while ago though. According to transfermarkt, we have six regular starters out of contract at the end of the season, plus Dan James and CCV.

Dan James' contract runs out at the end of next season, not this one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42155559
Login to get fewer ads

All the monies gone the club is skint on 23:52 - Oct 17 with 2115 viewshobo

I don't think a single person would complain at giving contracts to two prospects with a year left to run on their deals
All the monies gone the club is skint on 00:08 - Oct 18 with 2100 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 23:52 - Oct 17 by hobo

I don't think a single person would complain at giving contracts to two prospects with a year left to run on their deals

One of them was "not a senior player" and "barely League Two level".
All the monies gone the club is skint on 06:10 - Oct 18 with 2052 viewsCaptain_Sham

How do these shyt, moronic, repetitive threads by the same braindead fknuts get to 4 pages?

Its just a ride.

All the monies gone the club is skint on 07:31 - Oct 18 with 2012 viewskarnataka

All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:56 - Oct 17 by jackrmee

I dunno...I do believe they should be given the benefit of the doubt and also think that constant moaning on here is just bad all round.
However, if/when we know for definite that they are trying to harm the club, something serious should be done.

I don't think they are trying to harm the club but they and their gang of investors are only in it for what they can get out of the club and if doing that means the club is harmed in the longer term, the majority of them wouldn't give a flying f*ck. The harm might be slow and subtle but any money going out of the club for non-football reasons can be considered to be somewhere on harmful scale to a greater or lesser extent. It doesn't have to smash and grab.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 07:52 - Oct 18 with 1993 viewsjackrmee

All the monies gone the club is skint on 07:31 - Oct 18 by karnataka

I don't think they are trying to harm the club but they and their gang of investors are only in it for what they can get out of the club and if doing that means the club is harmed in the longer term, the majority of them wouldn't give a flying f*ck. The harm might be slow and subtle but any money going out of the club for non-football reasons can be considered to be somewhere on harmful scale to a greater or lesser extent. It doesn't have to smash and grab.

OK, but the quick fire sale has been quite "smash and grab", however could be seen as a good thing if it does turn out to benefit the club.
I do believe they want to make money, but I also believe they want the club to do well, so there's no way the youngsters will be sold in January.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

All the monies gone the club is skint on 08:48 - Oct 18 with 1960 viewskarnataka

All the monies gone the club is skint on 07:52 - Oct 18 by jackrmee

OK, but the quick fire sale has been quite "smash and grab", however could be seen as a good thing if it does turn out to benefit the club.
I do believe they want to make money, but I also believe they want the club to do well, so there's no way the youngsters will be sold in January.

I do hope you're right about the youngsters. They are the heart of the club atm.

Amputating highly paid parts of the squad we didn't need was absolutely the right thing to do although it was all rather haphazard and done a panic so we ended up getting a lot less money than we should have and ended up with one senior CB and six wingers.

I believe Levein & Kaplan want the club to do well but I don't think any of the hedge fund investors could care less.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 08:50 - Oct 18 with 1958 viewsjack247

All the monies gone the club is skint on 23:33 - Oct 17 by jasper_T

Dan James' contract runs out at the end of next season, not this one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42155559

Good. General point still stands though, especially relating to Roberts and Rodon if it was widely believed within the club they would do well in the Championship and would likely have been open to 2/3 year deals on relative peanuts. Could always have improved the contracts as they proved themselves.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 09:50 - Oct 18 with 1930 viewscostalotta

All the monies gone the club is skint on 23:31 - Oct 17 by jasper_T

Fer is on a lot more than we can afford in this division.

So is CP and HJ.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 15:28 - Oct 18 with 1839 viewsBadlands

All the monies gone the club is skint on 08:48 - Oct 18 by karnataka

I do hope you're right about the youngsters. They are the heart of the club atm.

Amputating highly paid parts of the squad we didn't need was absolutely the right thing to do although it was all rather haphazard and done a panic so we ended up getting a lot less money than we should have and ended up with one senior CB and six wingers.

I believe Levein & Kaplan want the club to do well but I don't think any of the hedge fund investors could care less.

Not sure it was haphazard, done in panic or we got less money than they were worth.
Once relegated we knew they'd be off and the club would have been aware and started horse trading.
Being relegated
- it reduces significantly what a club can earn from player sales (unless of course you are Hull and we are buying)
- it puts the buyer in pole position to haggle and wait
- teams see these players as not as good as their reputation.
- Then there is the question of wages. We were paying well and players, while wanting out, would want to keep their earnings high but clubs will not pay high transfers and high wages when they know they are in pole position.
If he above is the case players go on loan, if we can find clubs willing to take them.
Then there is the question of players coming to us. The last four managers have all said the same - players have been lined up but for one reason or another they don't want to come to Swansea.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:03 - Oct 18 with 1804 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 08:50 - Oct 18 by jack247

Good. General point still stands though, especially relating to Roberts and Rodon if it was widely believed within the club they would do well in the Championship and would likely have been open to 2/3 year deals on relative peanuts. Could always have improved the contracts as they proved themselves.

"would likely have been open to 2/3 year deals on relative peanuts" is the point where your argument gets dicey. Connor had just had a breakout six months but still wouldn't be sure of his place in this season's team. Joe's always been subject to rumours of offers from elsewhere. The idea that both would have been happy to sign whatever was put in front of them to hang about for another 2 or 3 years doesn't really hold water.

I'm as confident as Potter that they will sign new deals, but a big part of that is because they're playing football regularly in a positive environment. If they weren't playing, or they were facing another season of uncertainty, it might even cost more to keep them captive at the club, not "peanuts".
All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:37 - Oct 18 with 1789 viewsjack247

All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:03 - Oct 18 by jasper_T

"would likely have been open to 2/3 year deals on relative peanuts" is the point where your argument gets dicey. Connor had just had a breakout six months but still wouldn't be sure of his place in this season's team. Joe's always been subject to rumours of offers from elsewhere. The idea that both would have been happy to sign whatever was put in front of them to hang about for another 2 or 3 years doesn't really hold water.

I'm as confident as Potter that they will sign new deals, but a big part of that is because they're playing football regularly in a positive environment. If they weren't playing, or they were facing another season of uncertainty, it might even cost more to keep them captive at the club, not "peanuts".

It’s not an argument, it’s common sense.

Are you trying to imply that it won’t cost more to sign them to 2/3 deals now than it would have a year ago, or that they are going to have less suitors prepared to pay a decent wage now? That it made sense to let them enter the last year of their contract when Roberts had just broken through and Rodon was going to be a near guaranteed starter in the event of relegation?
All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:56 - Oct 18 with 1781 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:37 - Oct 18 by jack247

It’s not an argument, it’s common sense.

Are you trying to imply that it won’t cost more to sign them to 2/3 deals now than it would have a year ago, or that they are going to have less suitors prepared to pay a decent wage now? That it made sense to let them enter the last year of their contract when Roberts had just broken through and Rodon was going to be a near guaranteed starter in the event of relegation?

A member of the Rodon family was talking up a move to Bournemouth in January as a done deal this time last year. Without a clear route for forward progression young players are ready and willing to try their luck elsewhere.

He wasn't a guaranteed starter in the event of relegation. We sold two senior centre halves at the 11th hour. He's playing now on form (far beyond what he showed at Cheltenham) ahead of an established-at-Championsip-level Cameron Carter-Vickers.

I don't disagree that Connor especially should have been tied down much sooner, but I disagree that it would have been a simple and cheap process. Roberts had two very poor years due to how the club was treating him (Rovers and Boro were awful choices of loan destination), he has said in interviews that he was doubting himself and where his career was headed. Why sign a peppercorn contract to be stuck here longer when you're 22 and watching lesser players you played with in development level having actual careers in the Football League?
All the monies gone the club is skint on 17:06 - Oct 18 with 1766 viewsjack247

All the monies gone the club is skint on 16:56 - Oct 18 by jasper_T

A member of the Rodon family was talking up a move to Bournemouth in January as a done deal this time last year. Without a clear route for forward progression young players are ready and willing to try their luck elsewhere.

He wasn't a guaranteed starter in the event of relegation. We sold two senior centre halves at the 11th hour. He's playing now on form (far beyond what he showed at Cheltenham) ahead of an established-at-Championsip-level Cameron Carter-Vickers.

I don't disagree that Connor especially should have been tied down much sooner, but I disagree that it would have been a simple and cheap process. Roberts had two very poor years due to how the club was treating him (Rovers and Boro were awful choices of loan destination), he has said in interviews that he was doubting himself and where his career was headed. Why sign a peppercorn contract to be stuck here longer when you're 22 and watching lesser players you played with in development level having actual careers in the Football League?

He was a guaranteed starter in the event of relegation, unless we hadn’t managed to offload all the players we wanted to. Granted he may have lost his place when we brought loans in. I remember the Bournemouth talk on here, I’d say that would be all the more reason to tie him down at the time.

Do you think they weren’t offered extensions, or they were and they turned them down?
All the monies gone the club is skint on 17:25 - Oct 18 with 1745 viewsjasper_T

All the monies gone the club is skint on 17:06 - Oct 18 by jack247

He was a guaranteed starter in the event of relegation, unless we hadn’t managed to offload all the players we wanted to. Granted he may have lost his place when we brought loans in. I remember the Bournemouth talk on here, I’d say that would be all the more reason to tie him down at the time.

Do you think they weren’t offered extensions, or they were and they turned them down?

I think they weren't offered extensions. The club's policy with young players has generally been to wait until the last minute to get signatures (see last summer with Jack Evans and George Byers). A lot of them are happy to wait in order to keep their options open (you can't really "tie them down" against their will if there's buzz or interest).

These things don't start with contracts on the table, though. Players, agents and clubs talk long before things get to that stage. No one's in the dark nearly as much as we are.

We approached Spurs for CCV long before finalising the sales. And Rodon wasn't ahead of Harries in the pecking order by any meaningful degree until Potter saw them both in preseason, and evidently preferred Rodon's height and pace over Cian's passing range. At no stage was he a "guaranteed starter" before he started playing well.
All the monies gone the club is skint on 17:38 - Oct 18 with 1730 viewsjack247

All the monies gone the club is skint on 17:25 - Oct 18 by jasper_T

I think they weren't offered extensions. The club's policy with young players has generally been to wait until the last minute to get signatures (see last summer with Jack Evans and George Byers). A lot of them are happy to wait in order to keep their options open (you can't really "tie them down" against their will if there's buzz or interest).

These things don't start with contracts on the table, though. Players, agents and clubs talk long before things get to that stage. No one's in the dark nearly as much as we are.

We approached Spurs for CCV long before finalising the sales. And Rodon wasn't ahead of Harries in the pecking order by any meaningful degree until Potter saw them both in preseason, and evidently preferred Rodon's height and pace over Cian's passing range. At no stage was he a "guaranteed starter" before he started playing well.

Fair go, I’ll bow to your knowledge on that. It’s still mental that they can walk on a free this summer though, regardless of the likes of Fer and VdH
All the monies gone the club is skint on 20:30 - Oct 18 with 1643 viewsPhil_S

What happened to bostondanvers has he disappeared until he gets fed his next line?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024