Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... 11:42 - Oct 12 with 8066 viewsSwanjaxs

Bit harsh on Emnes, plenty of more deserving candidates surely?
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-4-worst-swansea-signings-from-the-last-5-y

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:00 - Oct 12 with 6104 viewsLeonWasGod

And Cañas. But it's just clickbait sh*te posted by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Worse 4 for me (considering a combination of value and how they performed):
- N'gog
- Tabanou
- Baston
- A. Ayew (2nd time)

Honorable mentions for:
Eder - could easily make top for on contribution, but cheaper than Baston so less of a waste of money!
Paloschi
Tiendalli
Narsingh

I've deliberately kept clear of devp squad players like Gorre who failed to make it.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 12:01]
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:01 - Oct 12 with 6101 viewsjack247

And on Canas.
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:05 - Oct 12 with 6084 viewsEasternJack

Only fat frank and Sanchez make my list from that lot.

Baston and Mesa have to picked ahead of Marvin and Canas in terms of disappointing transfers.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:06 - Oct 12 with 6077 viewsJackSomething

Canas arrived on a free and left for free. Just for that, he shouldn't be included on a list like this. All that was lost on him was his wages. Compared to other transfers of recent years, that's almost good enough to consider him a successful signing.

As others have said, clickbait article anyway. Anyone not putting Bony and Andre Ayew (2nd signings for both) on that list doesn't know what they're talking about.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:08 - Oct 12 with 6071 viewsLeonWasGod

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:05 - Oct 12 by EasternJack

Only fat frank and Sanchez make my list from that lot.

Baston and Mesa have to picked ahead of Marvin and Canas in terms of disappointing transfers.

Yep, I'd forgot about Mesa. I'd change my list but can't be fecked.
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:09 - Oct 12 with 6070 viewsShaky

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:00 - Oct 12 by LeonWasGod

And Cañas. But it's just clickbait sh*te posted by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

- N'gog
- Tabanou
- Baston
- A. Ayew (2nd time)

Honorable mentions for:
Eder - could easily make top for on contribution, but cheaper than Baston so less of a waste of money!
Paloschi
Tiendalli
Narsingh

I've deliberately kept clear of devp squad players like Gorre who failed to make it.

No Bony MK II?

On a price per league goals scored over a meaningful contract period for a striker, he sets a world record for sheer profligacy that I suspect will never be beaten.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:21 - Oct 12 with 6047 viewsLeonWasGod

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:09 - Oct 12 by Shaky

No Bony MK II?

On a price per league goals scored over a meaningful contract period for a striker, he sets a world record for sheer profligacy that I suspect will never be beaten.

Tough one isn't it. He's looking like shocking value, but only missed off in the (probably vain) hope that we might get something out of him this season. I'll add him to my honourable mention list.

I don't have Sanchez on their either as he did in (very small) spells show some class, but was in the wrong club, at the wrong time, under the wrong manager.

It's hard as we've had so much crap and wasted value in recent years. Can we have a top 20 instead of 4?
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:36 - Oct 12 with 6002 viewsEasternJack

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:09 - Oct 12 by Shaky

No Bony MK II?

Radamel Falcao

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Login to get fewer ads

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:40 - Oct 12 with 5992 viewssomersetsimon

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:01 - Oct 12 by jack247

And on Canas.

Criticising him for not scoring in his 35 appearances. As he was bought as a Leon replacement, I didn't think we expected any goals!
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:42 - Oct 12 with 5981 viewsNeathJack

Bony v2.0
A. Ayew v2.0
Baston
Mesa

£60m and absolutely no positive impact on the team whatsoever, just a massive drain on limited resources.
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:43 - Oct 12 with 5975 viewsjack247

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:36 - Oct 12 by EasternJack

Radamel Falcao

Torres had a good go at it at Chelsea
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:43 - Oct 12 with 5975 viewsSwanjaxs

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:01 - Oct 12 by jack247

And on Canas.

Think it was Canas attitude that let him down more than ability to be honest, definitely could play a bit

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:46 - Oct 12 with 5967 viewshobo

Don't know how they've included Canas. Their reasoning was because he failed to score a goal in 35 apps?!

Clucas got to be in there
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:51 - Oct 12 with 5953 viewsswan65split

Lets not forget the Black Panther..........the sleeping cat.
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 13:06 - Oct 12 with 5912 viewsProfessor

Canas and Marvin were free or cheap (as was Tiendalli who did OK Imo) and made some contribution and at least made some effort . Baston, Mesa, Paloschi and Tabanou would be my 4, followed by Sanches, Clucas and Ayew.2
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 13:31 - Oct 12 with 5873 viewswaynekerr55

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:42 - Oct 12 by NeathJack

Bony v2.0
A. Ayew v2.0
Baston
Mesa

£60m and absolutely no positive impact on the team whatsoever, just a massive drain on limited resources.

Keeping Jenkins as DoF top of the list, no?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 14:00 - Oct 12 with 5822 viewsMrSwerve

Emnes was a very decent option off the bench, always put in a shift when we needed an injection of life.

In no way does he deserve to be on that list, and he doesn't deserve half of the stick he gets (or got) on here.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 14:06 - Oct 12 with 5810 viewsCooperman

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:42 - Oct 12 by NeathJack

Bony v2.0
A. Ayew v2.0
Baston
Mesa

I can't argue with that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 14:10 - Oct 12 with 5804 viewsCooperman

But so that this doesn't turn into a wave of negativity we should also consider the good signings of recent times; I put recent times as ten years.

Ashley Williams
Michu
Fabianski
Leon (2nd)

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 14:44 - Oct 12 with 5763 viewsSwan91

I actually liked Emnes... good substitute player... won many free kicks and ran so much. seemed like a player who never gave up. never faulted his effort. Always useful to have a player like that in the overall squad even if does't play often.

for me:
Sanches
mesa (i think he would do well under potter though.. more wrong place wrong time situation)
Tabanou
and even though I like Bony.. his second signing has to be classed as pretty bad..
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 15:22 - Oct 12 with 5703 viewsAce_Jack

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 12:00 - Oct 12 by LeonWasGod

- N'gog
- Tabanou
- Baston
- A. Ayew (2nd time)

Honorable mentions for:
Paloschi
Tiendalli
Narsingh

tiendalli scored the winner against wigan away. Jack legend forever in my books
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 15:23 - Oct 12 with 5701 views34dfgdf54

No Bony MK II?

He’s one of if not my favourite ever Swans players, but hard not to argue with that. It has been a disaster signing second time around.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 15:24]
The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 17:14 - Oct 12 with 5589 viewsMrSwerve

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 15:22 - Oct 12 by Ace_Jack

tiendalli scored the winner against wigan away. Jack legend forever in my books

Tiendalli was half decent. Certainly as backup.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 17:45 - Oct 12 with 5538 viewsmonmouth

The only conclusion I can draw from that list is that it was drawn up by Warwick and not Gary.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 18:30 - Oct 12 with 5491 viewsWarwickHunt

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... on 17:45 - Oct 12 by monmouth

The only conclusion I can draw from that list is that it was drawn up by Warwick and not Gary.

Not guilty, guv.

Bony v2.0
A. Ayew v2.0
Baston
Clucas

In retrospect, at least N'Gog and Emnes had some comedy value.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024