Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Smart RIP 11:21 - Oct 13 with 3364 viewsDarran

Legendary voice.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Smart RIP on 11:44 - Oct 13 with 3323 viewsLoyal

Which football team did he play for ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Chris Smart RIP on 13:00 - Oct 13 with 3226 viewsjack2jack

Sad news,Used to listen to his Sunday morning show,must have been sudden.
RIP Chris.
Chris Smart RIP on 13:28 - Oct 13 with 3160 viewsJackfath

Reminds me of boring Sunday mornings as a child with nutters from all over Swansea and surrounds ringing in to have a moan.

RIP Mr Smart.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chris Smart RIP on 13:52 - Oct 13 with 3109 viewsWingstandwood

Chris Smart RIP on 13:28 - Oct 13 by Jackfath

Reminds me of boring Sunday mornings as a child with nutters from all over Swansea and surrounds ringing in to have a moan.

RIP Mr Smart.

He always (my common sense used to kick in) came across to be a bit of a (for listening figures?) agent-provocateur and unbelievably (considering SW Wales Labour hotbed) 'a-bit-of-a-Tory' or at the very least having some Tory sympathies.

Argus!

Chris Smart RIP on 13:57 - Oct 13 with 3097 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Smart RIP on 13:52 - Oct 13 by Wingstandwood

He always (my common sense used to kick in) came across to be a bit of a (for listening figures?) agent-provocateur and unbelievably (considering SW Wales Labour hotbed) 'a-bit-of-a-Tory' or at the very least having some Tory sympathies.

It was his job to instigate debate amd provoke people into phoning in to argue with him. He was very good at it. He was a Conservative party candidate and councillor and joined UKIP later on. Obviously morally bereft but a good listen on the radio.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 14:00]

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Smart RIP on 14:02 - Oct 13 with 3071 viewsWingstandwood

Chris Smart RIP on 13:57 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

It was his job to instigate debate amd provoke people into phoning in to argue with him. He was very good at it. He was a Conservative party candidate and councillor and joined UKIP later on. Obviously morally bereft but a good listen on the radio.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 14:00]

He was indeed especially when going all contrarian about recessions during Conservative Party tenure , miners strike, poll tax and Maggie running amok etc!

Argus!

Chris Smart RIP on 14:20 - Oct 13 with 3036 viewsDarran

I met him a few times around the Welsh Leagues.
The first time I was with a mate who said that’s Chris Smart by there,I didn’t believe it because he was nothing like I’d imagined on the wireless. He was huge with a big mop of red hair. Then he started talking and there was no denying it was him once you heard the distinctive voice.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Smart RIP on 14:23 - Oct 13 with 3023 viewsWingstandwood

Chris Smart RIP on 14:20 - Oct 13 by Darran

The first time I was with a mate who said that’s Chris Smart by there,I didn’t believe it because he was nothing like I’d imagined on the wireless. He was huge with a big mop of red hair. Then he started talking and there was no denying it was him once you heard the distinctive voice.

He did indeed have one of those sort of voices that you can listen to all day (perhaps it's just me?) I find the actor Anthony Hopkins voice to have the same effect.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Smart RIP on 14:25 - Oct 13 with 3020 viewswestside

He was on BBC question time in the audience
Chris Smart RIP on 14:45 - Oct 13 with 2978 viewsWingstandwood

Chris Smart RIP on 14:20 - Oct 13 by Darran

I had a bit of a surreal experience, the guy who came to set up my sisters newly purchased PC for the internet was none other than Swansea Sounds Saturday afternoon DJ Steve Dewitt.

Apparently DJ'ing/radio presenting is only his part time job. PC repairs being is main job. I think he is contactable (for repairs) via social media.

PS (*edit) don't phone his show directly on air for a PC repair/set-up call out! Do it after he's finished his show!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 14:47]

Argus!

Chris Smart RIP on 14:56 - Oct 13 with 2949 viewscentrestandswan

A really nice bloke (never mind his politics) won many prizes on his Sunday afternoon Soul show, big Soul fan and knew his stuff. His show was taken over by Stuart Freeman another Soul Man and decent bloke used to DJ at the Valbonne . Keep the Faith.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024