Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weather 17:47 - Oct 13 with 4410 viewswaynekerr55

Hope all is well with my comrades, especially those in ystrad/ponty etc.

The weather has been atrocious by all accounts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Weather on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 3489 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lots of rain but most of the flooding further west amd east than Swansea. Wind seems to be dropping now. Fairly bog standard autumn storm.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 17:57]

Poll: Tory leader

Weather on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 3472 viewshobo

Beautiful in London. A bit windy but blue skies and around 23 degrees. Very strange for mid October
Weather on 18:07 - Oct 13 with 3458 viewsjackharris

Flooding everywhere in Wales, parts of Cardiff Bay were flooded. The ITN news just had a reporter, reporting live from Aberddulais where there is flooding. Flooding mainly on the flood plains of the river valleys, so just the norm there. There are a number of roads that have become flooded and impassable around the country. Coastal Railway lines have been closed this morning and this evening because there are high tides at the moment. Seems to be a lot calmer now...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Weather on 18:07 - Oct 13 with 3457 viewsexiledclaseboy

Weather on 17:58 - Oct 13 by hobo

Beautiful in London. A bit windy but blue skies and around 23 degrees. Very strange for mid October

It’s the Rapture.

Poll: Tory leader

Weather on 18:34 - Oct 13 with 3420 viewsjackharris

A video I found on Facebook taken from Dryslwn Castle
https://www.facebook.com/1780635015508750/posts/2177690052469909/

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Weather on 19:38 - Oct 13 with 3356 viewsdickythorpe

Mental here in carmarthen. Worst floods in living memory. Quayside to b &q under water. That's never happened before.
Police closed off two main roads.
Stores shut early. Traffic jams galore.
Weather on 19:39 - Oct 13 with 3355 viewswaynekerr55

Weather on 19:38 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

Mental here in carmarthen. Worst floods in living memory. Quayside to b &q under water. That's never happened before.

I hope all is well at dickythorpe TOWERS

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Weather on 20:20 - Oct 13 with 3324 viewsGlyn1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45838058

Sympathy to all who have experienced this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Weather on 20:55 - Oct 13 with 3280 viewsLord_Bony

Been in Wrocklaw,Poland the last two weeks.

Every day been sunny and about 23 c. More to come.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Weather on 21:17 - Oct 13 with 3244 viewsexhmrc1

weather has been awful although it appears flooding has been limited in Swansea valley far worse in Carmarthen and neath valley. Buses weren't going through Farteg earlier so obviously problems there. The road from the mond to glais has flooded as usual. Just spoke to a friend living off Herbert st in pontardawe which is a flood blackspot and he is fine there
Weather on 21:32 - Oct 13 with 3223 viewsdickythorpe

Weather on 21:17 - Oct 13 by exhmrc1

weather has been awful although it appears flooding has been limited in Swansea valley far worse in Carmarthen and neath valley. Buses weren't going through Farteg earlier so obviously problems there. The road from the mond to glais has flooded as usual. Just spoke to a friend living off Herbert st in pontardawe which is a flood blackspot and he is fine there

A person has died in a landslip in Cwmduad . Terrible news.
High tide hits 9.50p m. The police have closed roads in and out of carmarthen town and onwards to Llandeilo which is 15 miles away!!!
Weather on 22:06 - Oct 13 with 3182 viewsCooperman

Weather on 19:39 - Oct 13 by waynekerr55

I hope all is well at dickythorpe TOWERS

I’ve been in shorts and t-shirt in rural Bedfordshire for much of this week; drove past a road sign for Hitchin as well so need to get down for a pint.

Was met with a stiff crosswind into Heathrow last night which made for a tasty landing but getting past Cardiff on the M4 was like entering a different world altogether. My thoughts go out to homes and businesses impacted by the monsoon conditions and high tides.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Weather on 23:02 - Oct 13 with 3117 viewslonglostjack

You messed with Merlin’s oak. Time for a soak.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Weather on 00:30 - Oct 14 with 3079 viewsSgorioFruit

I’ve been out working on the floods on and off for the last 48 hours. Was meant to go watch Newport county today, and they grabbed a 98th min winning goal. Gutted I missed it.
Been some shocking scenes on the floods today though. Done what we could.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Weather on 05:44 - Oct 14 with 3017 viewsmajorraglan

Weather on 21:32 - Oct 13 by dickythorpe

A person has died in a landslip in Cwmduad . Terrible news.
High tide hits 9.50p m. The police have closed roads in and out of carmarthen town and onwards to Llandeilo which is 15 miles away!!!

Worst flooding I can remember in Carmarthen, lots of road closures in the town and on roads through the Towy Valley. Quite a few cars have bitten the bullet in the floods. The news about the land slip in Cwmduad and someone losing their life is terrible, may he/she RIP.
Weather on 09:18 - Oct 14 with 2946 viewsbuilthjack

Lots of trees down. I had the chainsaw out yesterday, enough free wood to last next winter.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Weather on 18:22 - Oct 14 with 2797 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Llanybydder and Lampeter badly hit Dicky.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Weather on 18:30 - Oct 14 with 2791 viewslifelong

Beautiful afternoon down by the Loughor Estuary today, such a contrast to the last couple of days.
Weather on 19:07 - Oct 14 with 2755 viewsBloodyhills

Am in Carmarthen. Quite a few roads under water.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Weather on 19:24 - Oct 14 with 2732 viewsdickythorpe

Weather on 18:22 - Oct 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Llanybydder and Lampeter badly hit Dicky.

Indeed and llandysul. Insurance companies will be busy.
Pensarn in carmarthen is cut off still, many businesses can't trade on one side of the industrial estate by royal mail. Aldi, matalan, pets at home, sports direct shut.
Weather on 00:09 - Oct 15 with 2653 viewsmajorraglan

Weather on 19:24 - Oct 14 by dickythorpe

Indeed and llandysul. Insurance companies will be busy.
Pensarn in carmarthen is cut off still, many businesses can't trade on one side of the industrial estate by royal mail. Aldi, matalan, pets at home, sports direct shut.

All the Royal Mail vans were parked in Morrisons this afternoon. The Ken Williams yard at the bottom of Llangunnor hill was hit bad, some of the cars in there were completely submerged under the flood water.

My biggest sympathy though goes to the people who have had their homes flooded, some will have lost a lot of their personal possessions.
Weather on 17:38 - Oct 15 with 2519 viewsSgorioFruit

Been flat out busy in work.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-10-15/cleanup-continues-after-worst-flooding-

That’s me on the right in the water.

For a country that gets battered by rain we still not as ready as we cold be.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Weather on 18:01 - Oct 15 with 2504 viewsbyron

Did b&q get flooded? It’s so close to the main rd west there too, be chaos if that rd ever went under water.

Benny

Weather on 18:19 - Oct 15 with 2493 viewsLeonWasGod

Weather on 17:38 - Oct 15 by SgorioFruit

Been flat out busy in work.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-10-15/cleanup-continues-after-worst-flooding-

That’s me on the right in the water.

For a country that gets battered by rain we still not as ready as we cold be.

No we're not. I used to do some stuff with the guys n gals from Aber Uni looking at flooding across Wales. There's been a step change in the last couple of decades in the number and size of flooding events. But as you say, we're not really equipped for it. Preparedness always seems to get less resources thrown at it than disaster relief. We can shove the onus on land/property owners and insurers. Its cheaper for the authorities that way. Or that's the way it seems.
Weather on 18:58 - Oct 15 with 2482 viewsdickythorpe

Weather on 18:01 - Oct 15 by byron

Did b&q get flooded? It’s so close to the main rd west there too, be chaos if that rd ever went under water.

No, but an hours more rain would have flooded it. The Towy river nearly got into the customer car park. Roads are muddy and grey today.
Llandysul had it ridiculously bad. An outdoor pursuits place that does loads of good work for disadvantaged kids lost its storage shed which was full of canoes and vital equipment.
Fair play to McDonald's, they closed as a mark of respect to the 21 yr old who worked there but died in the landslide in Cwmduad. Very sad.
Diablos on the Quay restaurant had 200k worth of damage. Cookers, freezers, chiller plus stock all ruined. Towy work's storage yard looked like a bomb had hit it.
Kwik fit got flooded as did nearly every business in the industrial estate. Pets at home was within 10 metres of being flooded. Animals were safely put at a higher level though.
Carnage!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024