Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Lads Alliance 22:47 - Oct 13 with 28056 viewsDarran

Anyone know him?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6272589/March-Democratic-Football-Lads-

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Football Lads Alliance on 21:05 - Oct 14 with 1652 viewsItchySphincter

Football Lads Alliance on 00:06 - Oct 14 by exiledclaseboy

They’re opposed to all kinds of extremism. Apparently. Except their own.

It's a bit like PC gone mad init?

Tolerance of everything (*except intolerance of course).

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:07 - Oct 14 with 1643 viewsLohengrin

Football Lads Alliance on 20:59 - Oct 14 by Swanjaxs

I'm there to watch the football mate, and so is the chap sitting next to me most probably, if I wanted to put the world to right I'd save it for the pub later (after several pints) ... clear enough for you 👍

No.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:09 - Oct 14 with 1633 viewsLohengrin

Football Lads Alliance on 21:05 - Oct 14 by ItchySphincter

It's a bit like PC gone mad init?

Tolerance of everything (*except intolerance of course).

Tolerance. Quite a loaded word, that. What are we expected to tolerate and who sets the limits?

Football Lads Alliance on 21:15 - Oct 14 with 1613 viewsLohengrin

Football Lads Alliance on 21:01 - Oct 14 by Uxbridge

That this march was about protecting little girls. Is it hell.

Expand. What’s your theory? I’m just basing my opinion on a conversation with the organisers. What additional insight are you privy to?

Football Lads Alliance on 21:18 - Oct 14 with 1607 viewsexiledclaseboy

Football Lads Alliance on 21:15 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

Expand. What’s your theory? I’m just basing my opinion on a conversation with the organisers. What additional insight are you privy to?

Ah that’ll explain it. Wouldn’t expect this sort of caper to be your bag. You’re usually more esoteric and discerning about your, um, views on things. Surprised you’re all over this.

Poll: Tory leader

Football Lads Alliance on 21:19 - Oct 14 with 1595 viewsItchySphincter

Football Lads Alliance on 21:09 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

Tolerance. Quite a loaded word, that. What are we expected to tolerate and who sets the limits?

Quite. Liberals.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:20 - Oct 14 with 1593 viewsItchySphincter

Football Lads Alliance on 21:18 - Oct 14 by exiledclaseboy

Ah that’ll explain it. Wouldn’t expect this sort of caper to be your bag. You’re usually more esoteric and discerning about your, um, views on things. Surprised you’re all over this.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:21 - Oct 14 with 1590 viewsexiledclaseboy

Football Lads Alliance on 21:20 - Oct 14 by ItchySphincter

What miss there, itch?

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Football Lads Alliance on 21:26 - Oct 14 with 1571 viewsUxbridge

Football Lads Alliance on 21:15 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

Are they also marching against the Catholic Church? Was the rally held outside Broadcasting House?

I don't doubt you've spoken to them. If you do again, could you ask them if they're also going to march against any other non Muslim groups or organisations where children have been abused?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Football Lads Alliance on 21:26 - Oct 14 with 1570 viewsSwanjaxs

Football Lads Alliance on 21:07 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

No.

😔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Football Lads Alliance on 21:26 - Oct 14 with 1567 viewsLohengrin

Football Lads Alliance on 21:18 - Oct 14 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not my thing, Clase. I do know the boys that went on it though and I don’t doubt their motivation. The attempt I’m seeing on here to paint them as somehow ‘bad’ is quite woefully wide of the mark, knowing exactly who they all are.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:32 - Oct 14 with 1538 viewsDarran

Football Lads Alliance on 21:26 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

It’s not my thing, Clase. I do know the boys that went on it though and I don’t doubt their motivation. The attempt I’m seeing on here to paint them as somehow ‘bad’ is quite woefully wide of the mark, knowing exactly who they all are.

You knew everyone on the march?

Football Lads Alliance on 21:34 - Oct 14 with 1529 viewsSwanjaxs

Football Lads Alliance on 21:32 - Oct 14 by Darran

You knew everyone on the march?

Bet Perchie was there 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:35 - Oct 14 with 1523 viewslondonlisa2001

Football Lads Alliance on 20:00 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

“Shameful that our club is associated with them. Not certain why the bloke thought it was acceptable to carry our club’s official trademarked badge on such a march. As for having a little flower arrangement made up ...”

People down here don’t take the blithely accepting line over the rape of little girls that appears to be the prescribed response elsewhere, Lisa. Call us old fashioned, if you like.

Disingenuous bullsh*t Lohengrin, and verging on the bloody offensive as well.

People ‘down there’ don’t care any more about the rape of little girls than people ‘up here’.

But marching around London chanting ‘whose streets, our streets’ while threatening police officers and damaging property isn’t a protest about child sex abuse and paedophilia, it’s a bunch of racist tw*ts using the appalling abuse of children to suit their own warped agenda in the most cynical way possible.

In fact, it’s horrific that these people care so little about the abused children that they’d use them in such a way.

There is a frankly sickening number of cases coming to light involving children. Cases that involve people of Pakistani heritage, but also cases that involve people of white British heritage. People who define themselves or who are defined as Moslems, but also so called Christians and people of no religious inclination. In fact, by definition, the people carrying out such crimes are animals of precisely zero moral compass or religion of any description.

If the march truly was about abused children, chanting about Moslems wouldn’t be part of it. Chanting about whose ‘streets’ they were marching on wouldn’t be part of it. Grooming gangs who are white would be targeted in the same way as those who are brown. Catholic priests would be screamed at in the same way as Pakistanis.

Stop using children as a cover for racism, islamophobia and xenophobia. It’s vomit inducing.
Football Lads Alliance on 21:36 - Oct 14 with 1520 viewsDarran

Football Lads Alliance on 21:34 - Oct 14 by Swanjaxs

Bet Perchie was there 👍

Nah he’d have watched it on his Kodi Box he doesn’t go to live events. 😂

Football Lads Alliance on 21:41 - Oct 14 with 1490 viewsWingstandwood

I'd guess the vast majority of sound rational thinkers (most Muslims included) with common sense and morals would be against any extreme form of radical Islam that throws gays of high buildings, that says women should be treated as subhuman, enslaved, beaten and raped, that says (infidels) non-Muslims should be beheaded Jihadi John style etc.

I had a taxi ride very large (well known Swansea firm) with a lovely Muslim driver who was was so embarrassed by radical Islam that he became apologetic towards me despite the fact I didn't even bring the subject up. No doubt he has had to bear the brunt and been abused by drunken late @rsehole punter/passengers who think every Muslim is a radicalised hater.

So to the PC loons! Its right for non-racist people to speak out whether it be Christian or Muslim.... Radical Islam has inflicted more misery and negative repercussions upon Muslims themselves than many cannot even begin to realise.

Argus!

Football Lads Alliance on 21:46 - Oct 14 with 1466 viewsDarran

Football Lads Alliance on 21:41 - Oct 14 by Wingstandwood

I'd guess the vast majority of sound rational thinkers (most Muslims included) with common sense and morals would be against any extreme form of radical Islam that throws gays of high buildings, that says women should be treated as subhuman, enslaved, beaten and raped, that says (infidels) non-Muslims should be beheaded Jihadi John style etc.

I had a taxi ride very large (well known Swansea firm) with a lovely Muslim driver who was was so embarrassed by radical Islam that he became apologetic towards me despite the fact I didn't even bring the subject up. No doubt he has had to bear the brunt and been abused by drunken late @rsehole punter/passengers who think every Muslim is a radicalised hater.

So to the PC loons! Its right for non-racist people to speak out whether it be Christian or Muslim.... Radical Islam has inflicted more misery and negative repercussions upon Muslims themselves than many cannot even begin to realise.

I’ve got several Muslim friends. They are awesome and I love them.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:46 - Oct 14 with 1466 viewssherpajacob

Football Lads Alliance on 11:32 - Oct 14 by marchamjack

Genuine question - why the name Democratic Football Lads Alliance? What’s the football relationship part?

Never mind football, it's been a while since any of these men could called themselves lads.

And isn't the alliance now the vanarama national league?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Football Lads Alliance on 21:48 - Oct 14 with 1460 viewsLohengrin

Football Lads Alliance on 21:26 - Oct 14 by Uxbridge

Are they also marching against the Catholic Church? Was the rally held outside Broadcasting House?

I don't doubt you've spoken to them. If you do again, could you ask them if they're also going to march against any other non Muslim groups or organisations where children have been abused?

Ann Marie Waters spent years speaking out against the sins of the Catholic Church, likewise animal cruelty. That made her for a time the darling of the left, she ticks a lot of progressive boxes - Lesbian. Vegan. Outspoken. Her troubles came when she turned her uncompromising ire onto FGM and child grooming.

Are you familiar with the term ‘parrhesiastes?’ An ancient word, Greek. It’s somebody who ‘speaks truth to power.’ That’s Ann Marie. She calls it as she sees it, regardless of the damage to reputation or danger. We used to produce a number of them, often on the left, I’m thinking now of the Labour MP Richard Stokes but she now stands alone. A Daniel.

Isolated individuals do stand out, mate. It takes courage, that’s why they are isolated.

Football Lads Alliance on 21:52 - Oct 14 with 1445 viewsProfessor

Football Lads Alliance on 19:23 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

Cable street. Do you imagine that’s some sort of a trump card, Prof?

Fancy taking me on as regards the actual series of events on 4th October, 1936?

As you know I am a biologist not a historian. I do know it stymied the momentum of Moseley and the British Union of Fascists. I also know the current Labour leader would not have been there. I am disappointed to see a Swansea badge at this event. The individuals may not be racist or fascist but there are clearly elements using this who are.
Football Lads Alliance on 21:53 - Oct 14 with 1441 viewsWingstandwood

Football Lads Alliance on 21:46 - Oct 14 by Darran

It's so sad that some have to bear the unjustified brunt of people's anger.

That is another reason why many Mosque elders/preachers have expelled the radical/militant elements. Because?.... Angry radical/militant/angry Islam has had day to day repercussions/impact on the ordinary daily life of peaceful law abiding Muslims whom just want a quiet life like the rest of us.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 21:56]

Argus!

Football Lads Alliance on 21:56 - Oct 14 with 1430 viewsProfessor

Football Lads Alliance on 14:43 - Oct 14 by byron

No I didn’t mean to quote that....don’t know what cable street is fraid

Ok- honest mistake. Cable Street or the Battle of Cable Street was when East Enders including a large Jewish population prevented Moseley and the British Union of Fascists (Blackshirts) from marching through the then Jewish areas of Whitechapel. They adopted the republican no passaran/ They shall not pass.
Football Lads Alliance on 21:57 - Oct 14 with 1430 viewsLohengrin

Football Lads Alliance on 21:35 - Oct 14 by londonlisa2001

Disingenuous bullsh*t Lohengrin, and verging on the bloody offensive as well.

People ‘down there’ don’t care any more about the rape of little girls than people ‘up here’.

But marching around London chanting ‘whose streets, our streets’ while threatening police officers and damaging property isn’t a protest about child sex abuse and paedophilia, it’s a bunch of racist tw*ts using the appalling abuse of children to suit their own warped agenda in the most cynical way possible.

In fact, it’s horrific that these people care so little about the abused children that they’d use them in such a way.

There is a frankly sickening number of cases coming to light involving children. Cases that involve people of Pakistani heritage, but also cases that involve people of white British heritage. People who define themselves or who are defined as Moslems, but also so called Christians and people of no religious inclination. In fact, by definition, the people carrying out such crimes are animals of precisely zero moral compass or religion of any description.

If the march truly was about abused children, chanting about Moslems wouldn’t be part of it. Chanting about whose ‘streets’ they were marching on wouldn’t be part of it. Grooming gangs who are white would be targeted in the same way as those who are brown. Catholic priests would be screamed at in the same way as Pakistanis.

Stop using children as a cover for racism, islamophobia and xenophobia. It’s vomit inducing.

I could sit in a room full of people like myself with knitted ties discussing Eliot’s ‘Idea of a Christian Society’ and we could all go home afterward feeling good about ourselves but what good would it do, who would even notice?

Those boys have brought central London to a standstill and here we all are...

Football Lads Alliance on 21:58 - Oct 14 with 1428 viewsSwanjaxs

Football Lads Alliance on 21:46 - Oct 14 by Darran

Same here 👍 always polite, never rude

Football Lads Alliance on 22:07 - Oct 14 with 1387 viewsUxbridge

Football Lads Alliance on 21:48 - Oct 14 by Lohengrin

Ann Marie Waters spent years speaking out against the sins of the Catholic Church, likewise animal cruelty. That made her for a time the darling of the left, she ticks a lot of progressive boxes - Lesbian. Vegan. Outspoken. Her troubles came when she turned her uncompromising ire onto FGM and child grooming.

Are you familiar with the term ‘parrhesiastes?’ An ancient word, Greek. It’s somebody who ‘speaks truth to power.’ That’s Ann Marie. She calls it as she sees it, regardless of the damage to reputation or danger. We used to produce a number of them, often on the left, I’m thinking now of the Labour MP Richard Stokes but she now stands alone. A Daniel.

Isolated individuals do stand out, mate. It takes courage, that’s why they are isolated.

Let's not pretend this march was populated by heroes speaking the truth. Their truth maybe. Not mine.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024