Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tme to Prepare for No Deal 09:50 - Oct 15 with 3960 viewswestwalesed

When you think about it - as soon as the NI border became politicised, there was only ever going to be a No Deal outcome.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 12:43 - Oct 15 with 1696 viewsPegojack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:18 - Oct 15 by pikeypaul

Lovely jubbly, no deal is coming home.

Get used to it you remoaner losers.

Like already said a million times no deal is better than a bad deal.

165 AFLI

Happy days.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 10:19]

Maybe you'd better get used to the idea of this sh1t government collapsing, a general election, Labour sweeping to power, a second referendum and a vote to remain.

Suck it up.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 13:19 - Oct 15 with 1643 viewsAguycalledJack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 12:43 - Oct 15 by Pegojack

Maybe you'd better get used to the idea of this sh1t government collapsing, a general election, Labour sweeping to power, a second referendum and a vote to remain.

Suck it up.

In the spirit of fairness will there then be a third referendum? Best of three.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 13:34 - Oct 15 with 1627 viewsWarwickHunt

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:29 - Oct 15 by valleyboy

I think you should read the report that came out from the House of Lords that the U.K. are not legally bound to pay any more money to the EU after we leave

The EU know this and that’s what they are afraid of

I think you should read what the Chancellor said -

“What will not fall is our legal obligation under international law to make payments of sums which were due to the European Union.“

or the head of the National Audit Office -

The UK will still have to honour a British “divorce bill” of up to £39bn even if it crashes out of the EU without a trade deal, the head of the National Audit Office said.

Appearing before the House of Commons Treasury select committee on Tuesday, Sir Amyas Morse said the payments would be required “no matter what, under international law”.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 14:12 - Oct 15 with 1597 viewssherpajacob

I wont say all leave voters are stupid, but I'm happy to say, with evidence, that this leave supporting MP is spectacularly stupid.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 14:36 - Oct 15 with 1582 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 13:19 - Oct 15 by AguycalledJack

In the spirit of fairness will there then be a third referendum? Best of three.

If leave win again we’ll make it best of five.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:14 - Oct 15 with 1559 viewslonglostjack

I don’t think there should be another referendum. MP’s should just do what they’re paid to do and make decisions. “Basically we’ve spent two years looking at this and have decided that all in all it’s a crap idea so we’ll be staying in the EU. There are much more important issues facing this country.”
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 15:17]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:22 - Oct 15 with 1550 viewsCatullus

The NI border has always been a political hot potato, the EU is just using it for leverage. I expect Parliament will be an even bigger circus than usual for the next few weeks. Brexit talks are sending very mixed messages, the EU side say things are happening then the UK side refutes it....what is going on. Either it's all smoke and mirrors and a deal has been done or it's chaotic and about to fall apart!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:29 - Oct 15 with 1541 viewsBatterseajack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:22 - Oct 15 by Catullus

The NI border has always been a political hot potato, the EU is just using it for leverage. I expect Parliament will be an even bigger circus than usual for the next few weeks. Brexit talks are sending very mixed messages, the EU side say things are happening then the UK side refutes it....what is going on. Either it's all smoke and mirrors and a deal has been done or it's chaotic and about to fall apart!

The fact is Catullus, Vote leave or leave politicians never properly thought about or come up with a serious solution to the Irish border issue. Blame it on the EU if that makes it easier for you, but that doesn't make it go away.
Login to get fewer ads

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:29 - Oct 15 with 1541 viewswestwalesed

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:22 - Oct 15 by Catullus

It's going to fall apart.

The EU is continuing to suggest that we can have a situation whereby Northern Ireland is in the Customs Union but the rest of the UK is outside it. And we are continuing to say that no British Government could possibly accept that.

So it has to be a No Deal outcome.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:32 - Oct 15 with 1535 viewsBatterseajack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:29 - Oct 15 by westwalesed

It's going to fall apart.

The EU is continuing to suggest that we can have a situation whereby Northern Ireland is in the Customs Union but the rest of the UK is outside it. And we are continuing to say that no British Government could possibly accept that.

So it has to be a No Deal outcome.

But no deal will mean a border
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:35 - Oct 15 with 1531 viewswestwalesed

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:32 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

But no deal will mean a border

Let the EU put one up in Ireland then, see how that works. We have continually said we don't think one is required.

We are the EU.
You will be assimilated.
Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
Resistance is futile.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:44 - Oct 15 with 1516 viewsBatterseajack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:35 - Oct 15 by westwalesed

Let the EU put one up in Ireland then, see how that works. We have continually said we don't think one is required.

We are the EU.
You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.

Our partners at the WTO might have something to say about that if we have a new smugglers route into the UK via Ireland.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 17:48 - Oct 15 with 1451 viewsRokerite

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:44 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

Our partners at the WTO might have something to say about that if we have a new smugglers route into the UK via Ireland.

Or a new smugglers route into The EU via Ulster of course.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 17:51 - Oct 15 with 1443 viewsHighjack

We are the EU.
You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.

That last sentence becomes more apparent by the day.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 18:54 - Oct 15 with 1400 viewsvalleyboy

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 13:34 - Oct 15 by WarwickHunt

I think you should read what the Chancellor said -

“What will not fall is our legal obligation under international law to make payments of sums which were due to the European Union.“

or the head of the National Audit Office -

The UK will still have to honour a British “divorce bill” of up to £39bn even if it crashes out of the EU without a trade deal, the head of the National Audit Office said.

Appearing before the House of Commons Treasury select committee on Tuesday, Sir Amyas Morse said the payments would be required “no matter what, under international law”.

Which Chancellor

Osbourne was completely wrong as was proved

Hammond is still harping on the same theme as Osbourne

Remainders can’t accept the will of the people as they think they know best

It’s because of halved baked politicians being in politics for themselves, that the electorate turned against them

Look what’s happening in Germany and France

Merkel is in big trouble in Germany, especially after the election in Bavaria

Macron has the lowest pollin of any President

Corbyn should be miles ahead in the polls but is in fact anything from 6-4 points behind
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 19:12 - Oct 15 with 1383 viewsCatullus

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 15:29 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

The fact is Catullus, Vote leave or leave politicians never properly thought about or come up with a serious solution to the Irish border issue. Blame it on the EU if that makes it easier for you, but that doesn't make it go away.

The EU is using the NI border to put an immovable object in front of brexit. They are so worried about the peace rupturing and the IRA starting again that a hard border is unthinkable. The EU doesn't like hard borders.
The UK negotiators have put propsals forward but the EU has dismissed them as unworkable.....I guess we will never know.

This border issue is what will kill the deal.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 19:24 - Oct 15 with 1382 viewsexiledclaseboy

We are the EU.
You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.

If there’s a border in Ireland there’ll be a border in Northern Ireland too. That’s how borders work.

Poll: Tory leader

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 19:30 - Oct 15 with 1372 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 19:12 - Oct 15 by Catullus

The EU is using the NI border to put an immovable object in front of brexit. They are so worried about the peace rupturing and the IRA starting again that a hard border is unthinkable. The EU doesn't like hard borders.
The UK negotiators have put propsals forward but the EU has dismissed them as unworkable.....I guess we will never know.

This border issue is what will kill the deal.

If there’s no free trade deal there has to be a border somewhere. So it either goes between NI amd Ireland which blows the Belfast agreement out of the water and re-opens the gates of Hell or you leave NI in the customs union/single market and put the border between NI and GB. Creating a whole other set of problems amd essentially breaking up the U.K.

It’s a dilly of a pickle to be sure, to be sure.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 19:48 - Oct 15 with 1350 viewsWarwickHunt

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 18:54 - Oct 15 by valleyboy

Which Chancellor

Osbourne was completely wrong as was proved

Hammond is still harping on the same theme as Osbourne

Remainders can’t accept the will of the people as they think they know best

It’s because of halved baked politicians being in politics for themselves, that the electorate turned against them

Look what’s happening in Germany and France

Merkel is in big trouble in Germany, especially after the election in Bavaria

Macron has the lowest pollin of any President

Corbyn should be miles ahead in the polls but is in fact anything from 6-4 points behind

Halved baked? That’s a bit harsh!

ps which bit of “international law” are you struggling with?
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 21:07 - Oct 15 with 1311 viewsCatullus

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 19:30 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

If there’s no free trade deal there has to be a border somewhere. So it either goes between NI amd Ireland which blows the Belfast agreement out of the water and re-opens the gates of Hell or you leave NI in the customs union/single market and put the border between NI and GB. Creating a whole other set of problems amd essentially breaking up the U.K.

It’s a dilly of a pickle to be sure, to be sure.

Yes, between a rock and a hard place. UK negotiators have said a soft border is possbible using technology but the EU diagrees, again, being a cynic I could suggest this is deliberate by the EU either to keep us all in the EU or to blow the union apart.

Whichever way it goes, the next several years are going to be very interesting. Politics is going to be a rollercoaster and hopefully some of the self serving politicians get thrown off the ride!!

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 21:15 - Oct 15 with 1305 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 21:07 - Oct 15 by Catullus

Yes, between a rock and a hard place. UK negotiators have said a soft border is possbible using technology but the EU diagrees, again, being a cynic I could suggest this is deliberate by the EU either to keep us all in the EU or to blow the union apart.

Whichever way it goes, the next several years are going to be very interesting. Politics is going to be a rollercoaster and hopefully some of the self serving politicians get thrown off the ride!!

The problem with the technology solution is that it doesn’t yet exist in a form that will make it effective. Hence the “backstop” discussion. And now the “backstop to the backstop” discussion. Whether those backstops are time limited or not. It’s a farce.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:53 - Oct 16 with 1189 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024