Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tme to Prepare for No Deal 09:50 - Oct 15 with 3967 viewswestwalesed

When you think about it - as soon as the NI border became politicised, there was only ever going to be a No Deal outcome.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 09:58 - Oct 15 with 2244 viewsWarwickHunt

Won’t get through Parliament.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:03 - Oct 15 with 2237 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 09:58 - Oct 15 by WarwickHunt

Won’t get through Parliament.

It already has. Parliament voted to activate article 50 so we will simply cease to be a member on the deadline day unless the period is extended.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:05 - Oct 15 with 2236 viewslonglostjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:03 - Oct 15 by Highjack

It already has. Parliament voted to activate article 50 so we will simply cease to be a member on the deadline day unless the period is extended.

Which it probably will be.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:06 - Oct 15 with 2229 viewswestwalesed

If the "backstop" option is open ended, i.e. no time limit, then the electoral consequences for the Conservatives could be catastrophic.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:06 - Oct 15 with 2229 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:05 - Oct 15 by longlostjack

Which it probably will be.

Oh yeah definitely. We’ll never be allowed to leave.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 2216 viewslonglostjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:06 - Oct 15 by Highjack

“We’ll never be allowed to leave with the cherries from the cake” you mean.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:11 - Oct 15 with 2213 viewsHighjack

Looks like there’s going to be rolling 24/7 coverage of Megan Markles foetus gestation progress for the next few weeks anyway so any Brexit news can get brushed under the carpet.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:14 - Oct 15 with 2205 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:11 - Oct 15 by longlostjack

“We’ll never be allowed to leave with the cherries from the cake” you mean.

No I meant what I said. We won’t be allowed to leave.

Login to get fewer ads

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:17 - Oct 15 with 2200 viewssherpajacob

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:06 - Oct 15 by Highjack

The EU are willing to let us leave.

If we don't leave it will be because of UK parliament not agreeing to whatever deal/ no deal is reached.

Now, about the question of sovereignty.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:18 - Oct 15 with 2196 viewspikeypaul

Lovely jubbly, no deal is coming home.

Get used to it you remoaner losers.

Like already said a million times no deal is better than a bad deal.

165 AFLI

Happy days.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 10:19]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:21 - Oct 15 with 2187 viewslonglostjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:14 - Oct 15 by Highjack

No I meant what I said. We won’t be allowed to leave.

If I decide to leave a club why should I be entitled to the same benefits as the members of that club. The 27 other members are quite clear on that. That is their prerogative.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:25 - Oct 15 with 2183 viewsHCMC

The UK is not asking for the same benefits in fact it’s the exact opposite they do not want the rules and benefits and negatives that’s why they voted to leave.

A general election or a new referendum before March 29th is the only way article 50 can be extended.

Neither will happen.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 10:29]
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:32 - Oct 15 with 2148 viewsWarwickHunt

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:03 - Oct 15 by Highjack

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/08/no-deal-brexit-stop-mps-revolt-
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:32 - Oct 15 with 2151 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:17 - Oct 15 by sherpajacob

The EU are willing to let us leave.

If we don't leave it will be because of UK parliament not agreeing to whatever deal/ no deal is reached.

Now, about the question of sovereignty.

Question of sovereignty? Both the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland want to keep the border as per the Good Friday agreement but the EU won’t allow that to protect their “market”. How sovereign are the Irish that they have no say or influence over their own border? In reality they’re just a tiny remote alcove of a failing superstate whose unelected leaders care little about the desires of the people who live there, as long as big business and finance is able to thrive within their market.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:38 - Oct 15 with 2135 viewswestwalesed

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:32 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Question of sovereignty? Both the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland want to keep the border as per the Good Friday agreement but the EU won’t allow that to protect their “market”. How sovereign are the Irish that they have no say or influence over their own border? In reality they’re just a tiny remote alcove of a failing superstate whose unelected leaders care little about the desires of the people who live there, as long as big business and finance is able to thrive within their market.

Absolutely.
The EU is trying to dictate to both the UK (about it's constitutional integrity) and the Reublic of Ireland (about it's territorial integrity). The behaviour of the EU merely justifies wanting to leave, in my opinion.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:41 - Oct 15 with 2121 viewssherpajacob

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:32 - Oct 15 by Highjack

The Irish are free to leave the EU if they wish. Indeed some have suggested this as a,solution.

As an independent sovereign nation they currently wish to remain in the EU, rather than follow the UK s example.

Who can blame them?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:54 - Oct 15 with 2094 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:21 - Oct 15 by longlostjack

If I decide to leave a club why should I be entitled to the same benefits as the members of that club. The 27 other members are quite clear on that. That is their prerogative.

If you decide to leave a club you should not have to carry on financially supporting the club and be obliged to follow the clubs rules.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:57 - Oct 15 with 2086 viewsBatterseajack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:54 - Oct 15 by Highjack

If you decide to leave a club you should not have to carry on financially supporting the club and be obliged to follow the clubs rules.

If that's true, try leaving your phone contract mid term.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:02 - Oct 15 with 2078 viewsHighjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:57 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

If that's true, try leaving your phone contract mid term.

If my phone contract expires on the 19th of March 2019 then I wouldn’t keep paying Vodafone until 2025.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:05 - Oct 15 with 2073 viewsWarwickHunt

Long term infrastructure projects were willingly signed up to.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:05 - Oct 15 with 2073 viewslonglostjack

Take a golf club. I decide I want to leave but I enjoy playing on the course and like the clubhouse bar so I pay greenfees to the club and agree to follow it's rules when taking advantage of the facilities. However I can't attend meetings and have no say in the running of the club. My choice.

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:11 - Oct 15 with 2066 viewsWarwickHunt

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:02 - Oct 15 by Highjack

If my phone contract expires on the 19th of March 2019 then I wouldn’t keep paying Vodafone until 2025.

“Britain signed up to the EU’s budget framework when it became a member; budgets are not calculated year by year. The EU budget is a “legal act” and is over a seven year span. The last one started in 2014 and it ends in 2020. So, when Britain leaves the EU–tentatively set for March, 2019–it will still be liable to pay its share for the remaining seven quarters–from April 2019 until the end of 2020.

Even if Britain leaves in 2019, if there are projects it agreed to contribute to that are meant to be completed by 2030, it would still have to pay for what it promised to fund at the time. This is the same for if a project in the UK was meant to be completed by 2030–EU members would have to continue paying the UK.”

Hope this helps.
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:15 - Oct 15 with 2058 viewsvalleyboy

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:41 - Oct 15 by sherpajacob

The Irish are free to leave the EU if they wish. Indeed some have suggested this as a,solution.

As an independent sovereign nation they currently wish to remain in the EU, rather than follow the UK s example.

Who can blame them?

I’m not so sure that Ireland will still want to stay in the EU after what will happen to them after the U.K. leaves, as their GDP will be devastated

Remember as well that Ireland voted against the Treaty of Nice in the first referendumn, but the bullying boys of the EU made them change their minds like they are trying to do to the Uk in the second referendumn

Something like 50% of their goods come to the U.K. and that will stop

Read a poll that came out last week, conducted for the EU. That a high proportion of the population of the 27 member states were not happy in the direction of where the EU were taking them

Only countries that are having more money given to them that what they pay in, are happy to stay in the EU
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:29 - Oct 15 with 2025 viewsvalleyboy

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 11:11 - Oct 15 by WarwickHunt

“Britain signed up to the EU’s budget framework when it became a member; budgets are not calculated year by year. The EU budget is a “legal act” and is over a seven year span. The last one started in 2014 and it ends in 2020. So, when Britain leaves the EU–tentatively set for March, 2019–it will still be liable to pay its share for the remaining seven quarters–from April 2019 until the end of 2020.

Even if Britain leaves in 2019, if there are projects it agreed to contribute to that are meant to be completed by 2030, it would still have to pay for what it promised to fund at the time. This is the same for if a project in the UK was meant to be completed by 2030–EU members would have to continue paying the UK.”

Hope this helps.

I think you should read the report that came out from the House of Lords that the U.K. are not legally bound to pay any more money to the EU after we leave

The EU know this and that’s what they are afraid of
Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 12:02 - Oct 15 with 1975 viewsbuilthjack

Tme to Prepare for No Deal on 10:11 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Looks like there’s going to be rolling 24/7 coverage of Megan Markles foetus gestation progress for the next few weeks anyway so any Brexit news can get brushed under the carpet.

She's obviously in cahoots with May. May paid her to get pregnant to take the pressure of her. I bet ginger doesn't know yet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024