Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd 11:26 - Oct 15 with 28976 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 14:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:40 - Oct 20 with 3023 views34dfgdf54

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:39 - Oct 20 by A_Fans_Dad

That sounds like a contradiction of this post.
"That one baffles me aswell I must be honest. "

The keeper situation does.

And my second sentence in the post, which you must have forgotten to include, gives you why I think it’s happening.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:48 - Oct 20 with 2720 viewsDippy

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:13 - Oct 20 by BLAZE

If Neil Taylor scores I'm giving up football for good

Danny Graham on Tuesday.. lump on.

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:50 - Oct 20 with 2666 viewsLord_Bony

Why the feck could nt Abraham play like this when he was here?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 2473 viewswestwalesed

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:50 - Oct 20 by Lord_Bony

Because he was played in a system that didn't suit him and he wasn't ready for the Premier League.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 2452 viewsDippy

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:50 - Oct 20 by Lord_Bony

Because he's playing against weaker opposition.

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:56 - Oct 20 with 2381 viewsjasper_T

Hope Potter learns his lessons from this one. Another poor day at the office.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:57 - Oct 20 with 2360 viewsjacksfullaces

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:56 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

Hope Potter learns his lessons from this one. Another poor day at the office.

what's the tally on poor days at the office?
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 2311 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:57 - Oct 20 by jacksfullaces

what's the tally on poor days at the office?

2?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:59 - Oct 20 with 2296 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:31 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah and my opinion is that any anti potter posts are a load of b0llocks.

He’s not the problem at this club.

No he isn't. He has done brilliantly. My worry is the bubble is bursting and the Jenkins incomiming lack of transfer activity is now starting to kick in.
I hope we have accrued enough points to keep going and avoid relegation. If we sell more family silver in the January window then I fear we are Donald Ducked.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 2190 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:54 - Oct 20 by Dippy

Because he's playing against weaker opposition.

Yes the tables have certainly turned skip.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 2181 viewsmonmouth

We could really do with putting blackburn away on Tuesday. Ipswich was such a missed opportunity. We could be sitting very pretty now.

I think we will do Blackburn, and things will look a lot better.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 17:04]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:08 - Oct 20 with 2073 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 16:31 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah and my opinion is that any anti potter posts are a load of b0llocks.

He’s not the problem at this club.

We all know what the problem is. Potter has been magnificent no denying it. It's an up and down emotional season with such a young squad. Personally as I've already said I hope he isn't being influenced by certain board members regards selection etc. That aside I think he's the finest appointment we have had in years, since Martinez.
No complaints from me just observations.
Tuesday next.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:12 - Oct 20 with 2031 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:54 - Oct 20 by Highjack

Yeah it's to do with appearance bonuses that the club doesn't want to pay.

That's bollox

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 1986 viewsymaohyd

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:03 - Oct 20 by monmouth

We could really do with putting blackburn away on Tuesday. Ipswich was such a missed opportunity. We could be sitting very pretty now.

The Ipswich result was a fucing disgrace.

As i said in an earlier post, fully expected todays result given the other issues surrounding the game i.e. new manager, Ellis, even Abraham. Disappointed but there you go.

Ipswich though!!!!!! This seems an over reaction, but in all the years i've followed the Swans, in context one of the worst results i've ever known. Yes loads of worse performances and bigger defeats but not in a million years should you be losing games like that.

The worst part about it people saying 'well it's just one of those games'!!! Fuc off! You don't play professional sport to lose games like that.

Sadly i think it's probably tarnished what otherwise all things considered has been a very good start by Potter.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:15 - Oct 20 with 1979 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:03 - Oct 20 by monmouth

We need to win the next two home games and stop respecting teams who are clearly fcking shit, like Villa. This side can beat anyone in this league, even as it stands now.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:19 - Oct 20 with 1929 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:14 - Oct 20 by ymaohyd

As i said in an earlier post, fully expected todays result given the other issues surrounding the game i.e. new manager, Ellis, even Abraham. Disappointed but there you go.

Ipswich though!!!!!! This seems an over reaction, but in all the years i've followed the Swans, in context one of the worst results i've ever known. Yes loads of worse performances and bigger defeats but not in a million years should you be losing games like that.

The worst part about it people saying 'well it's just one of those games'!!! Fuc off! You don't play professional sport to lose games like that.

Sadly i think it's probably tarnished what otherwise all things considered has been a very good start by Potter.

Not forgetting the scrote Neil Taylor...

What a day 😡

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:23 - Oct 20 with 1895 viewssainthelens

What a fckn league this is...beat sheff utd( they are currently top) lose to Ipswich ( currently bottom).
Bit of stability needed next few games now. Only 4 off a play off place. Doom mongers need to fck off and accept this league for what it is.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:24 - Oct 20 with 1887 viewslonglostjack

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:14 - Oct 20 by ymaohyd

Yep. Ipswich were there for the taking. They wouldn’t have scored 3 goals with Mulder in goal. I’m sure of that.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 1683 viewsjackrmee

GP is clearly not interested in winning games this season as such. He's interested in performances, style, building up an identity, working out how to play best and who goes where.

If you're interest is only around getting 3 points then you're going to be disappointed more often than not I believe.

Ipswich was one of the most exciting games i have seen in a while and a very good performance, let down by some bad defending. The outcome was good in my point of view. No points, but some really good things to take forward.

The other game that stood out to me this season so far is Leeds draw. Again, no win, but performance was brilliant.

These are the games we need to look at.
Fuk 3 points. Don't really care about that at all. It's nice to win don't get me wrong, but I want to build for the future, play exciting football and have a chance to smash every kunt and get back to the prem in a few years.

Cardiff games again next year. Better to prepare now and do the business then tbh.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 1666 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:02 - Oct 20 by jackrmee

GP is clearly not interested in winning games this season as such. He's interested in performances, style, building up an identity, working out how to play best and who goes where.

If you're interest is only around getting 3 points then you're going to be disappointed more often than not I believe.

Ipswich was one of the most exciting games i have seen in a while and a very good performance, let down by some bad defending. The outcome was good in my point of view. No points, but some really good things to take forward.

The other game that stood out to me this season so far is Leeds draw. Again, no win, but performance was brilliant.

These are the games we need to look at.
Fuk 3 points. Don't really care about that at all. It's nice to win don't get me wrong, but I want to build for the future, play exciting football and have a chance to smash every kunt and get back to the prem in a few years.

Cardiff games again next year. Better to prepare now and do the business then tbh.

That's relegation talk.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:08 - Oct 20 with 1650 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:05 - Oct 20 by Flashberryjack

That's relegation talk.

We aint getting relegated mun. We will get better and better as time goes on. Thats the whole point

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:13 - Oct 20 with 1627 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:05 - Oct 20 by Flashberryjack

That's relegation talk.

And I'm not saying GP is purposely not winning games. Of course he's putting a team out each week which he thinks can win that game. Just saying that thats not the be all and end all.

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 1600 viewsjasper_T

"He's interested in performances" doesn't track when he dropped one of the most bang in form goalkeepers in the division for a fat Swede.

And a lad who tore Ipswich to shreds gets benched to give Barrie McKay another crack of the whip, when he hasn't looked right since hitting the bar on opening day.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 1563 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 18:18 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

"He's interested in performances" doesn't track when he dropped one of the most bang in form goalkeepers in the division for a fat Swede.

And a lad who tore Ipswich to shreds gets benched to give Barrie McKay another crack of the whip, when he hasn't looked right since hitting the bar on opening day.

I'm sure GP knows he's made some mistakes.
Or don't tell me...Dan James has a huge performance bonus and the Delaware mob have GP's family held hostage to ensure he doesn't cost them any money?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 20:22 - Oct 20 with 1285 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 17:03 - Oct 20 by Lord_Bony

Yes the tables have certainly turned skip.

The form table based on last 10 games has us in 18th place now. I don't blame Potter who has only had the most minimal backing. The young lads have done well, but the step up from u23 to Championship football is huge. Things could get very sticky as fatigue, injuries and suspensions kick in. At the moment we don't seem to have many players who can score a goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024