Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have a second referendum? 13:04 - Oct 15 with 9550 viewsItchySphincter

Should we have a second referendum?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should we have a second referendum? on 19:54 - Oct 15 with 924 viewsLohengrin

If we can take this little thread as a microcosm of what another referendum campaign would be like ask yourself is it really worth it? The bloody thing is littered with cliches and petty digs, insults and abuse can’t be too far off and the poll at the top is split down the middle.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:00 - Oct 15 with 909 viewslondonlisa2001

Should we have a second referendum? on 19:54 - Oct 15 by Lohengrin

If we can take this little thread as a microcosm of what another referendum campaign would be like ask yourself is it really worth it? The bloody thing is littered with cliches and petty digs, insults and abuse can’t be too far off and the poll at the top is split down the middle.

I am sure that leaving will be an economic disaster. I think the impact will last for longer than I thought it would at the time.

But I also don’t believe that there should be another vote if a deal is struck. It is what it is.

I do, however, think that there should be another vote if no deal can be found.
Should we have a second referendum? on 20:04 - Oct 15 with 906 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:00 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

I am sure that leaving will be an economic disaster. I think the impact will last for longer than I thought it would at the time.

But I also don’t believe that there should be another vote if a deal is struck. It is what it is.

I do, however, think that there should be another vote if no deal can be found.

I’d largely agree with that except to add that if a deal is struck that doesn’t command a majority in Parliament there should also be a further vote in those circumstances. We currently have a minority government negotiating this country’s future relationship with our biggest trading partner. If parliament won’t ratify the deal, a deal remember that no one would have voted either or for against, there should be either an election or a referendum.

Poll: Tory leader

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:04 - Oct 15 with 906 viewsItchySphincter

It's nuts. I bet there's many a remainer that would love to see a reformed EU or simply a return to the common market. Who really wants a United States of Europe or a European Army? Not many I'll bet. On the other hand who wants the country to return to a pre-industrial medeival state?

The choice was way too black and white. There was a strong case to be made for the EU to reform but crashing out altogether will be nothing short of catastrophic for the next couple of generations.

It's a sh!t sandwich folks.

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:08 - Oct 15 with 891 viewslondonlisa2001

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:04 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

I’d largely agree with that except to add that if a deal is struck that doesn’t command a majority in Parliament there should also be a further vote in those circumstances. We currently have a minority government negotiating this country’s future relationship with our biggest trading partner. If parliament won’t ratify the deal, a deal remember that no one would have voted either or for against, there should be either an election or a referendum.

Agreed. I should have said a deal that can be delivered. If it can’t be delivered we have no deal and I think we need a vote.
Should we have a second referendum? on 20:11 - Oct 15 with 873 viewstrampie

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:08 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Agreed. I should have said a deal that can be delivered. If it can’t be delivered we have no deal and I think we need a vote.

You sound like Leanne Wood. lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:28 - Oct 15 with 851 viewslondonlisa2001

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:11 - Oct 15 by trampie

You sound like Leanne Wood. lol.

Lol.
Should we have a second referendum? on 20:29 - Oct 15 with 850 views1983

I voted leave simply because all those in power wanted me to vote remain.
The politicians in our country have absolutely no idea about the lives we lead

Login to get fewer ads

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:32 - Oct 15 with 846 viewsItchySphincter

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:29 - Oct 15 by 1983

I voted leave simply because all those in power wanted me to vote remain.
The politicians in our country have absolutely no idea about the lives we lead

A fair example of why some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:38 - Oct 15 with 835 viewsMorfa_Same

According to the news recently, 84% of brexit voters think that the “unravelling of the peace process in Northern Ireland” would be worth it for brexit.

If ever a poll showed why referenda are a bad idea, this is it. I don't think another will solve anything. The only thing that can save us now is new leadership. Someone driven by reason and not ideology to put the fanatics back in their box. I don't think there's anyone out there

"People are fed up of experts"
"Brexit will be the easiest negotiations ever."
"F**k business"
- our political leaders
Should we have a second referendum? on 20:43 - Oct 15 with 821 viewstrampie

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:28 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Did you see Ms Wood on Question Time back in the Summer talking about the need for a referendum on the final Brexit deal but she rejected a second referendum on the same original question of leaving or staying in the EU as the people had already spoken.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:44 - Oct 15 with 825 viewssherpajacob

How about a vote based on the facts?

could it catch on

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:44 - Oct 15 with 821 views1983

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:32 - Oct 15 by ItchySphincter

May I also add I also don’t give a shiney Shlt what you think

Roger Out
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 20:52]

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:45 - Oct 15 with 821 viewsLohengrin

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:44 - Oct 15 by sherpajacob

could it catch on

Not in my lifetime.

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:46 - Oct 15 with 817 viewssherpajacob

could it catch on

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:50 - Oct 15 with 794 viewsLohengrin

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:46 - Oct 15 by sherpajacob

could it catch on

There’s an echo in here!

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:50 - Oct 15 with 794 viewskrunchykarrot

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:08 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

What about the people who voted leave and want to leave on WTO rules? they genuinely believe that we will be better off.

This is all about democracy, we are leaving and will not require another vote which has decided all be it narrowly.

When people voted in 1975 they had no idea where we would end up today. Same thing when we decided not to join the Euro.

Most people voted on informed views regardless of the tripe trotted out by both sides and unfortunately which ever decision is reached will not be able to be validated.

The opinion in my local where a lively debate can be found is that Brexiteers will not be swayed but some remainers have doubts over what bad deal will be negotiated by May and the EU elite club as once we go the floodgates will open and Italy followed closely by Spain will all abandon the EU project.

By the way i genuinely feel sorry for PM its an impossible job she has tried to compromise to no avail, time for her to say take it or leave it put a Canada+++++ deal on the table and walk away.
Should we have a second referendum? on 21:11 - Oct 15 with 760 viewstrampie

I see some well known person has come out on social media calling for Leanne Wood, Nicola Sturgeon and Caroline Lucas to lead the country to solve the Brexit mess out.

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:19 - Oct 15 with 754 viewsLohengrin

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:11 - Oct 15 by trampie

I see some well known person has come out on social media calling for Leanne Wood, Nicola Sturgeon and Caroline Lucas to lead the country to solve the Brexit mess out.

Freddie Starr?

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:29 - Oct 15 with 732 viewstrampie

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:19 - Oct 15 by Lohengrin

Freddie Starr?

One of those author, playwrite, decorated by the Queen, ''inteligencia '' types, calling for Leanne to save the us.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 21:30]

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:36 - Oct 15 with 716 viewsLohengrin

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:29 - Oct 15 by trampie

One of those author, playwrite, decorated by the Queen, ''inteligencia '' types, calling for Leanne to save the us.

Pack it in, mun! My ribs are hurting...

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:38 - Oct 15 with 712 viewslonglostjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:50 - Oct 15 by krunchykarrot

What about the people who voted leave and want to leave on WTO rules? they genuinely believe that we will be better off.

This is all about democracy, we are leaving and will not require another vote which has decided all be it narrowly.

When people voted in 1975 they had no idea where we would end up today. Same thing when we decided not to join the Euro.

Most people voted on informed views regardless of the tripe trotted out by both sides and unfortunately which ever decision is reached will not be able to be validated.

The opinion in my local where a lively debate can be found is that Brexiteers will not be swayed but some remainers have doubts over what bad deal will be negotiated by May and the EU elite club as once we go the floodgates will open and Italy followed closely by Spain will all abandon the EU project.

By the way i genuinely feel sorry for PM its an impossible job she has tried to compromise to no avail, time for her to say take it or leave it put a Canada+++++ deal on the table and walk away.

“Most people voted on informed views” I don’t think so. How many had read the Lisbon Treaty, knew what WTO rules were or what a double backstop is (I’ll admit I’m still struggling).

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:51 - Oct 15 with 688 viewsHighjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:29 - Oct 15 by trampie

Is she running for president now?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:53 - Oct 15 with 680 viewstrampie

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:51 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Is she running for president now?

She could.

Should we have a second referendum? on 22:10 - Oct 15 with 658 viewspeenemunde

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:32 - Oct 15 by ItchySphincter

You are one of them. A subliminally brain washed simpleton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024