Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have a second referendum? 13:04 - Oct 15 with 9574 viewsItchySphincter

Should we have a second referendum?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should we have a second referendum? on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 1251 viewsvalleyboy

Should we have a second referendum? on 20:00 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

I am sure that leaving will be an economic disaster. I think the impact will last for longer than I thought it would at the time.

But I also don’t believe that there should be another vote if a deal is struck. It is what it is.

I do, however, think that there should be another vote if no deal can be found.

Of course you are thinking that the EU is here to stay

The mess the Euro is in, could bring the whole lot crumbling down

That’s besides that Donald Trump is taking aim of the EU as well
Should we have a second referendum? on 00:41 - Oct 16 with 1171 viewsE20Jack

If there is a second vote then it would be a landslide to stay. Surely everyone recognises this?

I didn’t vote the first time and won’t again if I happen to be back in the country at the time. Although there are several personal financially driven benefits as a result of leaving for myself.

But imagine all the people who voted leave that have now realised what it means, or unhappy about the goals shifting. Now think how many voted remain but have been tempted to switch due to what we have seen with negotiations since - not many.

I can’t think of a single person that would be tempted to switch from remain to leave, however if there isn’t several thousand/tens of thousands of people that have since changed their mind regarding leaving then I would be shocked to my core.

Not to mention all the people who have reached voting age now due to the length of time this has all taken, all from the demographic that would usually support a stay vote. A second vote would be a disaster for those wanting out.

So as someone with no real skin in the game (live abroad, didn’t vote, won’t vote, possibly slight benefits for me for leaving)... I still think the leave is an absurd decision when everyone knows deep down that more people in the country at this point in time don’t want to.

I’d like a second vote just for sheer entertainment.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 0:42]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Should we have a second referendum? on 07:07 - Oct 16 with 1137 viewsPawelAbbott

I don’t understand how anyone can say no to another vote!!
2 years into the process and we have no idea what they are agreeing to!!
It could result in anything from no deal to almost full membership but without voting rights.
There is almost no chance that it is anything that anyone had thought they were getting.
The options should be made clear and the allow people to decide what future they want to opt for
Should we have a second referendum? on 07:54 - Oct 16 with 1129 viewskrunchykarrot

Should we have a second referendum? on 21:38 - Oct 15 by longlostjack

“Most people voted on informed views” I don’t think so. How many had read the Lisbon Treaty, knew what WTO rules were or what a double backstop is (I’ll admit I’m still struggling).

So exactly what did we vote for in 1975 don't seem to remember any information about governance and a single currency or army etc etc etc.

So you are telling me that most people voted remain because they didn't read the Lisbon Treaty. And as for WTO rules that is exactly what most people if not all down my local pub are leaning towards as they see our great country being held ransom by an elite self preserving club. They are willing to take a short term hit if that is whats going to happen purely to regain sovereignty, as one elderly OAP puts it "if it means waiting three weeks instead of two for a Doctors appointment for a while so be it" another stated he had voted Labour most of his life and they left us bankrupt last time so WTO cant be that bad.

I think we can all agree though that these third rate politicians on all sides have made a pigs ear of iy.
Should we have a second referendum? on 08:14 - Oct 16 with 1122 viewsExiledJack

Playing devil's advocate, how likely would a UKIP victory be in a GE post 2nd referendum that averts Brexit?

Regardless political trends are mainly determined by the press, Brexit and Trump are a mere blip. Younger people are particularly susceptible to manipulation, lowering the voting age to 16 will happen and will entrench control. Looking forward to the next Tony Blair (/s).
Should we have a second referendum? on 08:33 - Oct 16 with 1110 viewsLohengrin

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:14 - Oct 16 by ExiledJack

Playing devil's advocate, how likely would a UKIP victory be in a GE post 2nd referendum that averts Brexit?

Regardless political trends are mainly determined by the press, Brexit and Trump are a mere blip. Younger people are particularly susceptible to manipulation, lowering the voting age to 16 will happen and will entrench control. Looking forward to the next Tony Blair (/s).

How likely? Not at all, but you don’t have to be Nostradamus to foresee folk disengaging and turning their backs on the democratic process completely by the million.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:37 - Oct 16 with 1104 viewskrunchykarrot

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:14 - Oct 16 by ExiledJack

For UKIP victory read Farage and i doubt he will return to a party that is hell bent on destruction. Could turn out as a Tory but where and who would elect him.

Trump got voted in by the middle of USA where he said all the right things for people who were being forgotten by the Dynasty type governments. Lowering the voting age to 16 wont happen unless Corbyn manages somehow to get in and unless they send the Lisbon Treaty tweet by tweet cant see it making any difference.
Should we have a second referendum? on 08:41 - Oct 16 with 1100 viewssherpajacob

As I type the vote is 51.7% yes, 48.3% no.

Seems pretty decisive.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:41 - Oct 16 with 1100 viewswestwalesed

Should we have a second referendum? on 17:02 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Suspect if it ends up in a no deal scenario, there will be another referendum.

Word on the street is that May thinks it may be the best way out for her as it’s the only way of both shutting up ERG and calling Corbyn’s bluff, and she has indicated that if opinion polls show 60% support for another referendum in a no deal scenario, she will be inclined to back it.

We’ll see soon enough.

People have called me mad for this, and may well still do, but I've been wondering if she's creating the conditions so deliberately unpalatable to everyone involved that a No Deal scenario is inevitable and then as you say - that's the ONLY way she can justify going for a 2nd Referendum. She's a committed remainer, after all.

The sticking point is, allegedly, the Northern Irish border and how you avoid a "hard" border. The EU is desperate to protect it's Customs Arrangements. However, the amount of trade (in an EU context) we are talking about is absolutely miniscule.

I wonder why the UK Government simply doesn't say to the EU - "ok, if you want to put up a hard border inside the Republic, go ahead. If you want to check everything that comes from the UK into the EU, again, go ahead. However, we won't be erecting any infrastructure and won't be checking anything at all. We will just let it through to facilitate trade. Same with people. We will simply let people come and go into Northern Ireland without prejudice." As I say, the amount we are talking about in real terms is miniscule.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 8:50]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:49 - Oct 16 with 1087 viewskrunchykarrot

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:41 - Oct 16 by westwalesed

People have called me mad for this, and may well still do, but I've been wondering if she's creating the conditions so deliberately unpalatable to everyone involved that a No Deal scenario is inevitable and then as you say - that's the ONLY way she can justify going for a 2nd Referendum. She's a committed remainer, after all.

The sticking point is, allegedly, the Northern Irish border and how you avoid a "hard" border. The EU is desperate to protect it's Customs Arrangements. However, the amount of trade (in an EU context) we are talking about is absolutely miniscule.

I wonder why the UK Government simply doesn't say to the EU - "ok, if you want to put up a hard border inside the Republic, go ahead. If you want to check everything that comes from the UK into the EU, again, go ahead. However, we won't be erecting any infrastructure and won't be checking anything at all. We will just let it through to facilitate trade. Same with people. We will simply let people come and go into Northern Ireland without prejudice." As I say, the amount we are talking about in real terms is miniscule.

We've had the vote and we are leaving, as stated people voted wanting to leave on WTO rules. "No deal is better than a bad deal" was the cry. This must be honored or there will be hell to pay.
Should we have a second referendum? on 08:55 - Oct 16 with 1080 viewsWarwickHunt

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:49 - Oct 16 by krunchykarrot

We've had the vote and we are leaving, as stated people voted wanting to leave on WTO rules. "No deal is better than a bad deal" was the cry. This must be honored or there will be hell to pay.

Aye - if I heard "WTO rules" from thick northern pensioners in vox pops in the run-up to the vote once, I heard it a million times.

It won't be honoured and there won't be hell to pay either. Reality's a bitch...
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 8:56]
Should we have a second referendum? on 09:16 - Oct 16 with 1056 viewspeenemunde

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:55 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

Aye - if I heard "WTO rules" from thick northern pensioners in vox pops in the run-up to the vote once, I heard it a million times.

It won't be honoured and there won't be hell to pay either. Reality's a bitch...

What’s the point of voting if what you voting for Jimmy is ignored.

That’s what many people will be thinking, don’t be surprised if the extreme right rise like never before in this country. Not that you’ll notice with your head stuck up your own arse.

Any new boy bands to look out for 😂
Should we have a second referendum? on 09:16 - Oct 16 with 1056 viewsBatterseajack

You're mad.....How would you collect WTO tariffs from incoming goods imported from the EU across the Irish Border?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 9:22]
Should we have a second referendum? on 09:31 - Oct 16 with 1039 viewstrinityann

All the media are pro remain, Prime Minister pro remain. A lot of conflict of interest. Should have at a brexiter in charge. The scaremongering at this point is laughable and predictable.

The public voted, let's give it a chance.
Should we have a second referendum? on 09:32 - Oct 16 with 1039 viewssherpajacob

Do you want the UK to control it's borders or not?

Should we have a second referendum? on 09:33 - Oct 16 with 1038 viewsWarwickHunt

Should we have a second referendum? on 09:16 - Oct 16 by peenemunde

What’s the point of voting if what you voting for Jimmy is ignored.

That’s what many people will be thinking, don’t be surprised if the extreme right rise like never before in this country. Not that you’ll notice with your head stuck up your own arse.

Any new boy bands to look out for 😂

"What’s the point of voting if what you voting for Jimmy is ignored. "

If you're going to live here, at least learn the fücking language.
Should we have a second referendum? on 09:41 - Oct 16 with 1034 viewsWarwickHunt

Should we have a second referendum? on 09:31 - Oct 16 by trinityann

All the media are pro remain, Prime Minister pro remain. A lot of conflict of interest. Should have at a brexiter in charge. The scaremongering at this point is laughable and predictable.

The public voted, let's give it a chance.

"All the media are pro remain"

Should we have a second referendum? on 09:43 - Oct 16 with 1032 viewskrunchykarrot

Should we have a second referendum? on 08:55 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

Those might be the same OAP that possibly fought in a war to protect our sovereignty and have a right to their opinion, alternatively they could have voted to join the EU in 1975 and are now making an informed decision.

Calling anyone thick for not agreeing with their opinion just proves that you are losing the argument.
Should we have a second referendum? on 10:02 - Oct 16 with 1011 viewsWarwickHunt

Should we have a second referendum? on 09:43 - Oct 16 by krunchykarrot

Those might be the same OAP that possibly fought in a war to protect our sovereignty and have a right to their opinion, alternatively they could have voted to join the EU in 1975 and are now making an informed decision.

Calling anyone thick for not agreeing with their opinion just proves that you are losing the argument.

Aye aye - Uncle Albert's woken up.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 10:04]
Should we have a second referendum? on 10:35 - Oct 16 with 994 viewsCatullus

Should we have a second referendum? on 10:02 - Oct 16 by WarwickHunt

Aye aye - Uncle Albert's woken up.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 10:04]

You can disagree with someone's opinion but maybe you should try pointing out where you think it's wrong instead of taking the piss.
I know plenty of people who's minds have been changed by information but not many who are ridiculed for their opinion change, they become even more deeply entrenched in that opinion.
Mr outraged from Barnsley won't change his mind because even other leavers think he sounds like a pi//ock.

Disclaimer, I didn't watch the video. Why bother, I know what he says. Unless you live somewhere hugely affected by immigration you won't take any notice nor understand.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should we have a second referendum? on 10:47 - Oct 16 with 987 viewslonglostjack

Should we have a second referendum? on 07:54 - Oct 16 by krunchykarrot

So exactly what did we vote for in 1975 don't seem to remember any information about governance and a single currency or army etc etc etc.

So you are telling me that most people voted remain because they didn't read the Lisbon Treaty. And as for WTO rules that is exactly what most people if not all down my local pub are leaning towards as they see our great country being held ransom by an elite self preserving club. They are willing to take a short term hit if that is whats going to happen purely to regain sovereignty, as one elderly OAP puts it "if it means waiting three weeks instead of two for a Doctors appointment for a while so be it" another stated he had voted Labour most of his life and they left us bankrupt last time so WTO cant be that bad.

I think we can all agree though that these third rate politicians on all sides have made a pigs ear of iy.

1975 was a long time ago. The world has changed a fair bit since then and moved from focus on tariff barriers to non-tariff barriers. The last time I looked the UK still had the pound and Britain still had it's army. On that last point, European cooperation in the development of weapons systems is a logical way forward and would reduce procurement costs. No doubt though that the Daily Express would represent it as the EU trying to abolish the British Armed Forces and some old codgers in the pub would get their knickers in a twist.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2018 11:08]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Should we have a second referendum? on 11:05 - Oct 16 with 967 viewsBatterseajack

I wonder how many of Pikey Pauls and Peenemunds sleeper accounts have voted in this poll?
Should we have a second referendum? on 11:15 - Oct 16 with 962 viewspeenemunde

Should we have a second referendum? on 11:05 - Oct 16 by Batterseajack

I wonder how many of Pikey Pauls and Peenemunds sleeper accounts have voted in this poll?

Only have one account. If you want a more realistic poll - here’s one for you 17.4 million.
I’ll leave it there.
Should we have a second referendum? on 11:47 - Oct 16 with 934 viewssherpajacob

Should we have a second referendum? on 10:35 - Oct 16 by Catullus

You can disagree with someone's opinion but maybe you should try pointing out where you think it's wrong instead of taking the piss.
I know plenty of people who's minds have been changed by information but not many who are ridiculed for their opinion change, they become even more deeply entrenched in that opinion.
Mr outraged from Barnsley won't change his mind because even other leavers think he sounds like a pi//ock.

Disclaimer, I didn't watch the video. Why bother, I know what he says. Unless you live somewhere hugely affected by immigration you won't take any notice nor understand.

Ok , lets deal with some facts.

Barnsley man says "the movement of people in Europe fair enough" suggesting he is happy with free movement for EU citizens, " but not Africa, Syria Iraq". The UK is not in Schengen so any of these people who have made it to Europe do not have automatic free movement in the UK. So the reason he gave for voting leave are completely wrong. Fed by lies about Turkey joining the EU and Syrians and Iraqis then being able to come and live in the UK.

you state "unless you live somewhere hugely affected by immigration you wont understand" - Barnsley has very low immigration compared to other parts of the Uk, so you are effectively admitting Barnsley man doesn't understand

Should we have a second referendum? on 11:58 - Oct 16 with 924 viewsWarwickHunt

Should we have a second referendum? on 10:35 - Oct 16 by Catullus

I live in London. What's your point exactly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024